Any advice?We do not manage to lower glycemia.

RocioLlinares's profile photo   04/05/2016 10:17 a.m.

My daughter has not been able to lower glycemia for five days.Highly, it is almost always between 300 and 400, when we reach 200 it is already an achievement.We have changed slow and fast bolis, the injection place, we have increased the dose, rectifications all day and nothing at all .... Thanks to the free, we go for the second sensor, we have been able to verify that their nights are flat and alwaysThey were over 100, but now they do not come out of 200, and when it gets up, it is almost 400 or passes from the 400. We have checked with free, today, for example, with the sensor 266 and with a capillary of free 277;But with the capillary of Menarini, that he we have from the first day, above 400. I no longer know which to pay attention to him, I am conferred that he does not have symptoms of hyperglycemia either.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
04/05/2016 10:17 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Well, I don't know what to tell you, the same is hitting some kind of stretch, you don't sometimes pass that growth hormones play against us.
Do you have acetone?
To me the endocrine when this week as your daughter her recommendation is to rectify with twice what we normally do, but before that I would call your doctor, I have a 24 -hour service phone.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
04/05/2016 10:22 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I want to go through the pharmacy and buy the strips for ketones, his endo has always told us that he is not missing, I suppose he would trust that we would not reach this.I will try to call her endo and see, this morning I have even thought about bringing her to urgency ..... ufff than despair.
THANK YOU @AZAZuleG.

RocioLlinares
04/05/2016 10:25 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

In urgencies or bother, that he will have you sitting there for 5 hours.

Acetone strips have to provide your health center first, go to the health center to see if they give them to you.

But with a week and those figures will have fixed acetone, there are many days with very high figures.

I already tell you rectify without "knowledge" it will be some rare phase, put two more units of what you are rectified instead of the double, to see what happens, that being oldinsulin.

aranzazuleg
04/05/2016 10:39 a.m.

Well, I am the same, the mid -morning there is no way to control it, if I upload a unit, it puts it to 300 if it lowers it makes it a hiccup of 40, I no longer know what to do.What did notice that with the change of time was a total lack of control, I do not know if it had something to do but I no longer knew what to do, it finally adjusted everything and now it is better.
All I can say is mood because we have no choice.
@Rociollinares, Alomejor are hormonal changes or something of these.

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
04/05/2016 11:36 a.m.

Mama de niña de 7 años diabetes tipo 1 diciembre 2015
Levemir: Desayuno 2u - Cena 3u
Novorapid: Desayuno-Comida-Merienda-Cena
Última hemo: 7.8

@Rosi and @rociollinares Hello girls I was reading you to see for what I see you have insulin fixed to your children.Let's see now for what I see are on honeymoon.They should use little insulin since the body is even releasing in some cases 1 year 2 years or so or so.In your place I would go to the nurse and to teach you to count rations.I did not know how to tell them and gave me fat or fat goals.That they explain to you for 1 insulin unit how much it submits to sugar and thus know how to leave the perfect sugar.And the other option is the insulin bomb that that is the best invention that they took out.They have to help you endocrine because the climbs are very bad for the eyes ... I am making me laser for that motivated.A lot of luck and encouragement !!!

mariamarquez's profile photo
mariamarquez
04/05/2016 12:37 p.m.

Thanks @rosi.I have also thought that, with 14 years it still does not have menstruation, or that is incubating something.What happens is that neither rectifying we get down ........
I have called the hospital, and his endo until tomorrow is not, and in nursing I do not have an idea ..... we will try to improve today, and tomorrow I will talk to his endocrine.
Thank you @Mariamarquez: In our case if we are going for portions, and so far we took it more or less good, a rare day, but not like now, that it seems that insulin does not effect, and so much days with very high values.

RocioLlinares
04/05/2016 12:42 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rociollinares hey can be the rule.It happens to me that it gives me too much resistance insulin.Also the colds and others but every month days before the rule I get very much and there is no way until it goes down.

mariamarquez's profile photo
mariamarquez
04/05/2016 12:45 p.m.

The, fixed rule, is that it is about to lower the first rule, that would be very normal, then the following always walked a little, not so much but noticed, if this being a woman and being a diabetic is a world apart.

aranzazuleg
04/05/2016 1:10 p.m.

If there are so many things ....... and the suffering it carries.I think we just have to wait and control, control .....

RocioLlinares
04/05/2016 1:22 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

What happens is that when we are very high for no reason and without knowing why later it costs us a lot of vaver to the glycemia well controlled ... I cannot tell you what it can be due @rociollinares, the only thing you can do andHaving the security that gives you free is to give it faster than normal because we are always afraidEvery 15 minutes the effect of insulin ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/05/2016 2:07 p.m.

Thank you @sigsauer.We continue to raise doses and do not fall from 300.

RocioLlinares
04/05/2016 2:22 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Slow up everything you need

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/05/2016 2:31 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks @regina.
We have been going up slowly and quickly since Friday.Quickly the one that corresponds to it for rations, plus those that touch him for every 50 that we pass from 150 and today we have decided to put 2 extra for trying something;And slowly we go up every two days, and not even.I have told him that as he carries the free, he is controlled every 10/15 min and at four that he is capable and rectified if necessary, that as soon as we go it will be that if.

RocioLlinares
04/05/2016 2:39 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

This afternoon I will buy ketone strips, for now he has never had, not even when he entered his debut.What now from time to time complains of stomach pain, I don't know if it is coincidence or if it can be a symptom.

RocioLlinares
04/05/2016 2:45 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

It has a margin by continuing to increase, due to the weight and height it will need to go up, and also the rapid.In addition, in adolescence, the doses are greater .. rises from one to one, without fear, the acetone is removed as control improves.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/05/2016 3:26 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Right now insulin lacks everywhere.The lantus should upload it two by two every two days, at least.Increase the insulin unit ratio by ration.And the correction factor of 50 rightly is surely little, a unit may barely get off 20 or 30 right now.

The same thing happens to me when I had a flu.I did not go down from 300 and everything that punctured me was water.Perhaps it is incubating something or a hormonal process that creates insulin resistance.

I would take her to the doctor to look at her well and do some analysis and stay calm.And to see if the endocrine can see it soon and adjust the treatment or whatever.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
04/05/2016 3:31 p.m.

Thanks @Artorias.
Today was not her endo, tomorrow I will talk to her and see what she tells us.At the moment we will go up as you have told me.
We have worse control than when he debuted, what helpless !!!!

RocioLlinares
04/05/2016 3:47 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Do not despair, everything will be controlled again.Let's see what the doctor says and adjust well.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
04/05/2016 5:54 p.m.

Thanks @anaisabel.But how difficult it is not to do it ..... Although there is, so to continue fighting.

RocioLlinares
04/05/2016 6:32 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.