Any advice?We do not manage to lower glycemia.

RocioLlinares's profile photo   04/05/2016 10:17 a.m.

Try Tresiba or Toujeo, Lantus is a disaster with peaks and duration of 20h.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
05/16/2016 5:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks @Artorias.We put Lantus at night and curiously at dinner is when he arrives best, so in the last review his endo told us to continue with Lantus, in a month we have the next and I will comment again, since now we know aMotion of things thanks to the free.That if we manage to regularize it, that if I would not advance the visit.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
05/16/2016 5:35 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

The breakfast happens to all.I have proven that if breakfast before 10:00 in the morning, even if it doubles insulin I enter values.But on holidays and weekends that I do not get up early and breakfast after 10:00 the insulin goes great.

It happens to me a little like your daughter @rociollinares, what I do is just drink milk that is slowly absorbed at 7:00 so that they do not give me such high and after 10:00 peaks, where appropriate, in theRecreo, who eats 2 rations of hydrates with its insulin dose (I just need 1 units).It will reach food well.
I also changed from Lantus to Levemir and being every 12 hours it allows me to better regulate the values ​​throughout the day.I put it at 10:30 and 22:30, I have proven that it is peak at 3 hours, so although it lunches at 11:00 I arrive at the food about 14:30 with very good values.

This is in the end is trying and trying .... Endocrine always tells me that it is I who have to try and err until you find the solution.She only guides me.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/17/2016 9:43 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you @ruthbia, we will see how it goes today with one more slow and if we will not try what you say, I will give you two portions of milk just for breakfast, that I know you will not tell me no and I will increase those of lunch.At least we have managed to lower the glycems of the night and get up below 200.

RocioLlinares
05/17/2016 10:37 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rociollinares and if you don't always have to start with threeiba or toujeo depending on the desire you have to start practically zero to do tests and more tests ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/17/2016 11:59 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What is needed @sigsauer, and now that little is left of school I will be able to control it better, so if that is the solution and his endo gives it to us, I will not hesitate.I also have you for any questions ....) My mother if it were not for your help I would have gone crazy !!!

RocioLlinares
05/17/2016 12:07 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

This is crazy !!!!One more slow night and one more fast at breakfast to try not to reach 200 and peak and it has been worse, nothing less than 330 !!!!

RocioLlinares
05/17/2016 1:46 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rociolinares do not worry about the 330, you have to measure against what I had before breakfast.If I was already high, the 330 is normal (I from 85 to 180 in half an hour with twice the insu ... x ()
If I get up high, I have to upload the slow night two units for 3 days, which really takes the effect.If you upload it last night, the value will not be representative until Thursday.
Dinner also influences ... if I have a copiously dinner even if I go to bed with acceptable values, I get up with high values.

Anyway, your girl is a teenager with totally altered hormones, surely for it.

You only have patience and control so that it does not go over 400.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/17/2016 4:11 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Just today it has risen better, these days did it above 200 and today over 150, and yet it has arrived worse than these days to lunch.

RocioLlinares
05/17/2016 4:41 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rociollinares patience and little by little you will finish adjusting, but it is crazy, sometimes I despair so much that I no longer know what to do, but for what I am reading I see that many have a hard time controlling the sugar in mid -morning, my daughter finally took the actrapid because they were hiccup after half morning, now she puts the levemir and the novorapid when she gets up, and she is much better, she has not yet had any hiccup in the school the only thing that alNoon ever arrives with some hiccups but because everything has not had breakfast in school.
What happens to it is that two weeks we have super controled sugar, rareRegulates like this without further ado and we are two weekly super good, you have some idea for what it can be, it is very weird, two weeks well two weeks badly, and so month after month.
Thanksssss

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
05/18/2016 9:24 a.m.

Mama de niña de 7 años diabetes tipo 1 diciembre 2015
Levemir: Desayuno 2u - Cena 3u
Novorapid: Desayuno-Comida-Merienda-Cena
Última hemo: 7.8

@Rosi, the same thing happens to you, it is two weeks or so well and suddenly it begins to be high without explanation, well there will be but we have no idea, and insulin seems to have no effect.

RocioLlinares
05/18/2016 9:34 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Well, it happens to me too and I am not a teenager but it coincides with ovulation and/or menstruation.Any hormone that alters affects insulin that is still another hormone.
What the endocrine told me is that it will point the dates and doses to establish a guideline and know how to act days before ovulation, in my case, the slow and duplication increased the rapid.
Have you observed any pattern in girls?

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/25/2016 9:15 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I believe that the dose of insulin is rising, and they rise to jumps. It still has growth, until it reaches a stable dose

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/25/2016 3:22 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

My daughter still does not have menstruation, but I am very afraid that this lack of control is on hormonal theme, and another stretch that I think has given ...

RocioLlinares
05/25/2016 7:16 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.