{'en': 'Phrases about diabetes that you hate more', 'es': 'Frases sobre la diabetes que más odiáis'} Image

Phrases about diabetes that you hate more

Artorias's profile photo   06/18/2015 11:54 a.m.

By these dates three years ago I was diagnosed (I also don't like the word "debut").I am 51 years old and, after the initial bewilderment, I carry it well.I don't care if they ask me if I have the good or bad, how many times I click and all that.

miguelyc's profile photo
miguelyc
02/06/2022 9:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

jmanhuer said:
rafach said:
Well me in the pharmacy and doctor... etc gives me a lot like saying some diabetics.It doesn't affect me at all.I never hide to prick or measure myself or anything.I am diabetic not a murderer.

I start not hiding and I am diabetic for years.What catches my attention is that in my whole life I only saw once to a woman to click in public.It makes me so strange to see anyone

I have only been clicking anywhere, whether the terrace of a bar or in front of the co -workers.

miguelyc's profile photo
miguelyc
02/06/2022 9:15 p.m.

Yes, and also the typical family who knows that you are diabetic and that he tells you that the high analysis of cholesterol brings you a cake with more sugar than something else and then it is moly.
Oh what to bother

Tavosugarfree's profile photo
Tavosugarfree
02/08/2022 11 a.m.

tavosugarfree said:
yes, and also the typical family who knows that you are díabetico and that tells you that the high analysis of cholesterol comes out in cholesterol brings you a cake with more sugar than anything else and thenIt is mosques because you give you a batch of the Iberian cold cuts of the good.
Oh what to bother. 😝

That is very blamed by doctors.If you have high cholesterol, you recommend eating everything skimmed and removed the faste and cheese, when it is very studied that fat intake does not have much to do with cholesterol and triglycerides levels, which are more related to intake and levelsof sugar ...
And then there are the (family) that tell you very worthy: "The brain needs sugar for proper functioning."Yes lady, but the sugar of fruits, vegetables and cereals, not that of chocolate donut ...

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
02/08/2022 1:28 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Me: "My feet hurt"
My partner: "You see Emergency"

End of conversation ...: D: D: D: D

fer's profile photo
fer
06/10/2022 3:16 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

When I am with my friends and they see me click either to eat something or because I have it tall, they always tell me: "There is the Yonkie clicking."

fer said:
If I'm not mistaken, it is no longer a professionalism question (which should), if not legality, this breaches the sure LOPD.

Here is the last one, drinking some drinks with some friends, I put an extra of insulin (I was very high) and one asks me if I'm fine, I tell him that he does not worry that it is normal, after the time having fun, and it comes to meAnd he says "Do not see with the chute, no?, has you uploaded?" ... Anyway ... as if insulin were a psychotropic drug or something similar ... :)) :)) :)):)):))

AnnaRT's profile photo
AnnaRT
06/10/2022 4:08 p.m.

That Rábia gives that they relate us to "Yonkis" ... Buuuuuuf ... I warm me just to think about it!:#

fer's profile photo
fer
06/10/2022 7:03 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
me: "my feet hurt"
My partner: "You see Emergency"

End of conversation ...: D: D: D: D

: D: D: D.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/10/2022 7:07 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Each body is a world

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
06/10/2022 8:06 p.m.

Yes, yes, but in my case ... having diabetes and doing what sports makes the feet suffer more, my partner should know, what bothers me more is that I see it as if it were an exceptional thing, as to go toEmergencies, when the reality is that I have glucose, I am better or worse ... in short ... sometimes it seems that as you normalize life with diabetes, the ones you have closer end up ignoring that it is a continuous effort andthat tired ... that little empathy is what "pissed".

fer's profile photo
fer
06/11/2022 12:01 p.m.

They have never told them: "It is the best disease that has been able to touch you" ????????Coooomo?Forgiveaaaa ????The best?In what??That one day I wake up with 56 and another with 200?Why has myster D has decided so ???
Because they say, "that diabetics have no expiration date" …….It's sometimes flipant to listen to these "pearls" ... really😐

LiArs's profile photo
LiArs
06/12/2022 11:49 a.m.

Ufff @fer about empathy .... Zero ... that happens to "normalize".
There are days that still having the levels well, I get out of exhausted, and nobody understands.They demand the same as any day that I am plethoric, and I do not talk about work, family or couple activities.

I bother me that they tell me "You are already giving the note"!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/12/2022 2:53 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

The other day I went to dinner with partners that I know a lot of years ago and returning home I say: Jolin, I am 260 (when I go out this climb I wait for me I already solved it later) ...... Nobody: o ..... zero zero empathy.

A diabetic is only understood by another diabetic and there are also exceptions.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
06/13/2022 3:14 p.m.

fer said:
that Rábia gives that they relate us with "Yonkis" ... Buuuuuuuf ... I warm me just to think about it!
:#

I myself, when I have to prick (something I usually do in the bathroom by deference and a little modesty), I usually say that I will "yonkar me" ...

In my first job, more than 30 years ago, a lawyer asked me if I had "a lot of diabetes or little diabetes."But what gave me the most angry was in a snack-cena in the baptism of a relative.I was an already growing teenager (and very shy) and they sat me separated from my family and surrounded by old people with type 2 diabetes, which, upon learning that I was too, they did not stop repeating that I could chop "ham, which wearsLittle salt. "I wanted his death to myself, and I am sure that now, thirty -year years later, time has consummated my revenge.

12mas37's profile photo
12mas37
06/13/2022 4:41 p.m.

12mas37 said:
fer said:
that Rábia gives that they relate to us with "yonkis" ... buuuuuuuf ... I warm me just to think about it!
:#

I myself, when I have to prick (something I usually do in the bathroom by deference and a little modesty), I usually say that I will "yonkar me" ...

In my first job, more than 30 years ago, a lawyer asked me if I had "a lot of diabetes or little diabetes."But what gave me the most angry was in a snack-cena in the baptism of a relative.I was an already growing teenager (and very shy) and they sat me separated from my family and surrounded by old people with type 2 diabetes, which, upon learning that I was too, they did not stop repeating that I could chop "ham, which wearsLittle salt. "I wanted his death to myself, and I am sure that now, thirty -year years later, time has consummated my revenge.: D

: D

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/13/2022 5:24 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

What bothers me is the diabetic word.Nadies is diabetic or hypertensive or deaf.There are people with diabetes, hypertension and deafness or hearing deficit.
Putting the type of names identifies the person with the disease, and that is a part of the person, who has not even sought.From that one ceases to be diabetic a new phase begins.

Greetings

PeterNut's profile photo
PeterNut
06/19/2022 10:21 p.m.

@Peternut, it does not define you or be diabetic, or be asthmatic, or allergic or Daltonic .. They are medical terms that do not define a person.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/20/2022 2:21 a.m.

On the other hand I believe that our situation must be normalized.My work compis knows more about my diabetes, that sometimes my own family (who once told me "please never faint that we would not know what to do, do we have to prick you insulin that you always carry in my bag?"):s
First, it is not my intention to faint ever, and second, noooo, ever insulin if I am unconscious!

My compis, after all I spend almost 10h a day with them, and they already know that if they see me drinking a juice, they ask me if I am fine, or before having the measure on the clock, the low alarms sounded, IThey said if they brought me something from the kitchen, or if they bring palmeritas for any birthday of my depends if I want to eat 1 because I am low, or 2 and click something extra to celebrate it with them ... They are quite understanding, in addition to accustomed to see me click(You can see that they look at the sidewalk even if he does it hiddenly hahaha),

Although yes, there is always someone new to release those phrases that you say are you very diabetic? You shouldn't eat anything sweet, diabetics are always thin, I couldn't, ... Grrrr

valky's profile photo
valky
06/25/2022 12:38 a.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

peternut said:
What bothers me is the diabetic word.Nadies is diabetic or hypertensive or deaf.There are people with diabetes, hypertension and deafness or hearing deficit.
In that case, I am a diabetized person .I could also say sugary person , but this would come into contradiction with my character.

12mas37's profile photo
12mas37
06/28/2022 8:25 a.m.

Since I have searched for it for drinking so much Coca-Cola, that's what you have so sweet.
Sometimes it gives me the explanatory vein and I tell you that the DM1 has reached me for somewhat different reasons.
I also told me some normal nurse that you have taken it, you eat too many things with sugar and fried.
When they diagnosed me although they were wrong because they told me that it was DM2 I had a very active job and I had only two kilos or three left over.
The fun thing is when you are going to put insulin or see the sensor, that is when varied phrases are heard.Oyes look at a nicotine patch or must have something bad to wear morphine ...... and when I punish insulin phrases such as .... what a little shame to get high in front of us, or surely get steroids, or you can happen to me something ofmaterial.....

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
07/20/2022 1:07 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.