I already have a bomb and ...

Ele's profile photo   10/21/2015 6:40 p.m.

How many things are I learning, although I am like Ele, before the bomb.Everything is doubts, I see everything complicated ... And my endocrine told me to consider the bomb, because although I am improving I have been with the glyc's average for several years, overcoming the 8. I am type 1 for 10 for 10Years and I don't just take the point, something always happens on a day -to -day basis so that it is not the same as the previous one.Next week I have an appointment with the educator and I have to talk to me more about the bomb, to see if I just convinced me.Although the idea of ​​carrying the Dexcom calls me more, since I think that with the SS it is somewhat subsidized, I do not know if they told me it would be to pay about € 200/month.I have to look at the normal prices in the forum, to see if it is also worth the economic effort for Dexcom.Ele, did the dexcom recommend?Or are you still looking at you with the strips?

valky's profile photo
valky
10/25/2015 12:53 a.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

@Vaky That price is not from Dexcom is the 640 g bomb with its continuous meter, they give a fixed rate per month for 200 and more VAT, but that part is subsidized by the social according to it is not correct, everyone isIt costs the same.The dexcom depending on the duration of the sensors can be more economical by amortizing everything, my P.EJ. The total cost of the Dexcom comes out much lower than that price.
No MCG is subsidized by the only social according to the only thing the hospitals they usually have to put people temporarily to adjust doses.
I don't know if someone from the forum has that bomb and meter so that I told you about it.It sounds to me that there was a person who had both systems and had compared them and gave their opinion but I did not locate who it was

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/25/2015 10:40 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@valky, I think who has the 640g bomb with MCG, or at least had taken it was @vicky1984 and there was a mother too, @nuriavergal to see if they can tell us something.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/25/2015 11:14 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

nuriavegal said:
good ...

We have been testing a couple of months with 640 and literal sensors (at the same time that Dexcom of which we are faithful + Nightscout).Enlite has improved a lot, have changed the transmitter, so it is closer to the accuracy of Dexcom, but it is less stable and less constant in precision.As for the duration of the sensors, Dexcom continues to win, to the lifested the maximum of life that we have managed to get a sensor, it was 8 days, the rest of average 6-7 days.
As for differences with I see it, many more options, more intuitive color screen, many possibilities in terms of basal patterns, you can have several at the same time and select one or the other as need for example ... and best, forWe who diabetics are the girl, is to be able to put the bowling remotely from the glucometer (normal, not dual, square bowling ..., the latter only from the pump) without the need to be drawing the pump.
As for the Smartguard function (automatic infusion suspension based on the parameters that you logically introduce and automatic resumption once the glucose values ​​established by default) are reached, at the time of nowDaughter still with the stop bomb you have to eat hydrates if we do not want to enter hiccups, so we cannot leave the fate of the smartguard, much less ..... it has a maximum of 2 hours of suspension and if at that time youBody does not go back, insulin is launched again, I have spent several nights without hitting an eye watching if the girl (without hydrates) lifted and nothing, one night was 2 hours suspended (values ​​between 70 and 75) andI enduring without giving hydrates and controlling in blood every time and nothing, the infusion was launched and I had to give hydrates, at two fair hours in blood it was in 68 and the dexcom our guardian angel with the tendency to lower.... (as I said we have led it to make a good comparison before considering changing).

As for the day suspension, in our case, more of the same, do not stop a hypo if it is not with hydrates no matter how the pump suspends in 150 with a tendency to lower .....

So summarizing, it is a matter of testing, in our case the suspension is not effective, I know that there are other children who are doing well.As we already know, each diabetic is a world, which envies to which the suspension and resumption work without eating, the nights have to be wonderful.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/25/2015 11:18 a.m.

Link

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/25/2015 11:23 a.m.

@Gala you are a machine, what memory you have.Thank you.Then I am going to write to you yesterday referring to less bad that I had a bomb, which I do not know if to put it in this or that of Endomondo because it is reference to sport and bomb.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/25/2015 11:24 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

@values, throw in eyes for this
Link

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/25/2015 11:39 a.m.

At the moment my endocrine has told me that he does not advise continuous meters for their inaccuracy and in my hospital they do not put them.I think that if I am going to try them but first I want to see a little how the pump's appliances is doing.He has also told me that it will soon be a new contest and I imagine that it will be if it is Medtronic to put the new model.If I tell you the truth, I suppose that when I have been starting the technological demands for a while, but right now, the change seems so brutal that I am already a bit overwhelmed.
Thanks to @gala and @jconegar for the information

Ele's profile photo
Ele
10/25/2015 12:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In my hospital they only put the 640g, when they are bomb renovations, not the new

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/25/2015 1:01 p.m.

@Gala good although in this case I do not favor it.If there are users who have been supposed to give priority more time if there are improvements.Anyway, we'll see

Ele's profile photo
Ele
10/25/2015 3:40 p.m.

Thanks for the clarification and link.I will look at it better not to go so fish to the consultation, to see what they propose.And another doubt if someone has made the case if I tried the entire pack, bomb+mcg and after a few months per economic issue I cannot take care, I could be left alone with the bomb freely?

valky's profile photo
valky
10/25/2015 6:55 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

I guess yes, they are independent

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/25/2015 9:59 p.m.

Well I already have a bomb and my first scare
Without any explanation I have risen almost 300 and so I have spent all the evil at the art of magic has started to go down and the most that I arrive is to 130. I have been thus two days, I am phenomenal even at night and then tofrom the morning to shoot me total.I suppose it will be a problem of the Basalpero today I have done everything, I uploaded it, I even changed the catheter and it did not matter.Insulin in the morning like water.Let's see how it goes tomorrow and what the endo says

Ele's profile photo
Ele
10/29/2015 8:10 p.m.

Ele has happened to me with Bolis insulin too, no matter how much I did not go down.To hard training of mine.But how many days do you change the cartridge in addition to the catheter?
In the afternoon my basal is now 0.9 and in the morning of 0.6, as my life is totally variable, I have to change them often, the sport and training sessions make me vary greatly.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/29/2015 11:48 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

@jconegar if I think it has been a thing of my azuquita but opens my nerves I changed it although I only had two days.Today after a basal change, everything goes well, to see if we continue.That is the issue that with the ball, you say is a thing of sugar, but with the bomb I already enter more doubts

Ele's profile photo
Ele
10/30/2015 4:53 p.m.

@Ele is true that you say, with the bomb you always have the doubt of whether there is any problem with the infusion set or something ... in case, to the minimum doubt I change everything and point

Inday's profile photo
Inday
10/30/2015 6:17 p.m.

Depending on what areas the catheter is better absorbed insulin and there are other areas that are not absorbed well and you get bolus all the time and do not lower the level. I have sometimes had to remove the catheter for having the needle offolded teflon and not let out insulin, I think it is to give some cable pull and bend the needle.

Joaken's profile photo
Joaken
10/31/2015 1:09 a.m.

The bubbles of the reservoir is the biggest problem that I find the bomb. What I do is fill the reservoir in half about 150. If you fill it to 300 the next day you look at it and it is full of bubbles. The reservoir is indicated forUse about 6dias, because I have proven that the second and third filling of the zero bubble reservoir, in each filling, no more than 200u.

Joaken's profile photo
Joaken
10/31/2015 1:16 a.m.

Thanks @joken I will be trying everything

Ele's profile photo
Ele
10/31/2015 11:02 a.m.

@Joken to prevent Teflon needle from being doubled by a pull It is best to paste the plastic tube to the skin to a couple of centimeters from the catheter with medical use tape.
What you say not to fill the cartridge can completely be because I almost never fill it more than 100 units ...

Inday's profile photo
Inday
10/31/2015 2:35 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.