I already have a bomb and ...

Ele's profile photo   10/21/2015 6:40 p.m.

@Ele I 5 months ago I left for camping and since I did not feel like loading with all the fungibles of the bomb I went to the bowling during that week and the truth is that it did quite well.If I went to ski or the beach I would surely do the same.
About stopping the pump, in case of emergency remembers that you can always disconnect the catheter directly, that is easier and faster than walking with the pump.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
10/22/2015 7:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

And I agree, we are very profitable for the pharmas, so as long as there is no alternative competition, because they will throw the car with our benefits, if we want alternatives, it will be via financing research from ourselves, I do not see other outputs ....

fer's profile photo
fer
10/22/2015 7:49 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Ele I am one of those who never disconnect, except in some occasion .... I always reduce basal when doing 50%, 60% or 70% sports depending on duration, they are always always minimal training 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 34 (the most normal), become up to 10 hours and not a few times.
If at night you see that you just justify that you reduce the basal for something (I do not know what you carry), before suffering a hypo, at first to control the basal is what I have always commented that it is something fuck, think thatThe episode must be repeated to verify that the correction is correct, it may be that by any circumstantness that day you get off or go up, so I would not touch basal for the programming, but that it would temporarily reduce tonight if you see that you arrive fair.People who do not carry the Dexcom at the beginning of putting on the bomb they send them to be analytical I think that at 3 am to see how they are going.
Remaking it totally many hours is counter -prudent because even if you do sports, it can cause ketosis, people usually put corrective bowling in those cases.But a long time without insulin in the body you should not be, even if you are doing sports for many hours.
A whole day do not take it away from it, I have the training or sports tests that I have had 10 hours I have not removed it at any time, and I could because the body did not need insulin, I have reduced up to 70 % maximum (think that myBasal can be 0.6 or if I remove 70%, set the little insulin that enters, but something is and avoid what could cause ketosis.
That the companions who carry a bomb also comment and correct me if necessary.I take to the bomb since July.

Ah !!!And in case of very strong hypo, you control that your husband is not cut, if the catheter cannot remove it from the body, some scissors and that immediately cuts the beast, but we go I believe that everyone can be removed.But you will see how this has been the first time, the next one will react great.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/22/2015 7:53 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Although I don't have a bomb, I think @jconegar is right, it is better to lower the basal to take it directly.The bomb would take it out for swimming, contact sports and to "make juggling games"

On Tuesday I have an appointment with the endocrine and I am going to seriously raise the bomb because I have many hypos, after breakfast I am shooting even if I click half an hour before, in the morning I have much more need for basal than in the afternoon (loNot if he explains that in the afternoon it is when he runs, he needs gels even if it is to run almost nothing.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/22/2015 8:03 p.m.

"Let's see @joseludi" Mogabar play is where I usually go from situations that sometimes take it?ha ha ha, are they really juggling games?ha ha ha.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/22/2015 8:20 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Thank you all for the answer.
@jconegar, I am embarrassed when you talk about sport, which is not the case, I am a maruji by your side doing some spinning.If I did 10 hours of sport I would die sure, and not because of the sugar.The disconnecting is not to do sports, I think that in this case it is better to lower the basal as you do and I will have to try, I hope not to ride any in the gym.I was more referred to for a Saturday to do some aquatic sport, or I leave a camping weekend like @inday, for the fear of annoying the mechanism.I have thought that maybe it was more feasible to put on that day the Lantus, rather than risk to put on bowling continuously, or not put insulin and annoy it.But the same is a buried.
What a good idea to pull the catheter, I could blame my lack of reaction to hypoglycemia, but then I could have occurred during the day, so that the glucose is always blamed.
@joseludi from my short experience, raises the bomb without a doubt.It is proved and if we don't like it, then something butterfly.

Ele's profile photo
Ele
10/22/2015 8:21 p.m.

jconegar said:
"to see @joseludi" juggling is where I usually go from situations that sometimes take it away from me?ha ha ha, are they really juggling games?ha ha ha.

Call "La Caidita de Roma", "Spanish Rose", ...
:)

DiabetesForo
10/22/2015 8:47 p.m.

ele said:
thank you very much for the answer.
@jconegar, I am embarrassed when you talk about sport, which is not the case, I am a maruji by your side doing some spinning.If I did 10 hours of sport I would die sure, and not because of the sugar.The disconnecting is not to do sports, I think that in this case it is better to lower the basal as you do and I will have to try, I hope not to ride any in the gym.I was more referred to for a Saturday to do some aquatic sport, or I leave a camping weekend like @inday, for the fear of annoying the mechanism.I have thought that maybe it was more feasible to put on that day the Lantus, rather than risk to put on bowling continuously, or not put insulin and annoy it.But the same is a buried.
What a good idea to pull the catheter, I could blame my lack of reaction to hypoglycemia, but then I could have occurred during the day, so that the glucose is always blamed.
@joseludi from my short experience, raises the bomb without a doubt.It is proved and if we don't like it, then something butterfly.

No, if the most difficult thing is to tell me yes.I do not know how the subject will go, because my case is peccualiar.I am in Social Security, the doctor is also and is a hospital diabetology head, but I am paying private insurance and I always have a private consultation.The endocrine that would correspond to me (and I don't know who it is) is in another hospital.Let's go a mess.And to roll it more, I think that the hospital where I would be going to go is one of those who have educators in the implementation of the bomb, but in the hospital where it is the doctor I do not have that department.

I don't know if I have got died or worse, I have brought you

DiabetesForo
10/22/2015 8:53 p.m.

@joseludi The private doctors and the public are the same.However, the benefits that can be given.If you do not offer you the treatment to maintain gain in the private, it is not the morally most appropriate doctor.If it is for reasons of your illness, I say nothing.In the end, the one who carries with diabetes is you, and with a medical advice, but you will have to make the decisions that suit you the most.If you have a lot of confidence in him, you can continue seeing him as support.However, I tell you two things: the chiefs of service do not have to be the best doctors and maybe, it is a bit obsolete, not the last of the treatments and from there derives the problem.

Ele's profile photo
Ele
10/22/2015 9:22 p.m.

My

Ele's profile photo
Ele
10/22/2015 9:23 p.m.

Ele, I skied .... Before having children ... and I always went with the bomb, I've been in the Alps for several weeks and I went with the bomb ... what better place to use it to be doing sportsAll day ... now I have changed them for rackets and the kids go to the ribs and the same, I always go with the bomb.Due to the cold, do not worry, more than 3000 meters there may be problems due to pressure, in Spain that problem will not have it.
I have only removed the pump for beach vacation.They told me that if I went to the Lantus, at least one week.But specific connections and play with an ultra fast

tica's profile photo
tica
10/22/2015 9:59 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

ele said:
@Joseludi The private and publish doctors are the same.However, the benefits that can be given.If you do not offer you the treatment to maintain gain in the private, it is not the morally most appropriate doctor.If it is for reasons of your illness, I say nothing.In the end, the one who carries with diabetes is you, and with a medical advice, but you will have to make the decisions that suit you the most.If you have a lot of confidence in him, you can continue seeing him as support.However, I tell you two things: the chiefs of service do not have to be the best doctors and maybe, it is a bit obsolete, not the last of the treatments and from there derives the problem.

In this case, it is a good doctor and very good professional.That's why I go to his consultation, since I started with all this.And it is not obsolete, in fact, he is diabetic and also uses free.In fact, I asked for free without consulting it before and when I went to the next appointment, I planned to show him the patch, I thought I was going to take a anger for not having consulted it ... Well, it turns out that he also used free.

What I am afraid is that there is no social security budget so that they give me the bomb

DiabetesForo
10/22/2015 10:35 p.m.

@joseludi For the theme of sport you have to put it, you suffer continuous hypos, you are a monitor of what you want, you live from sport, your life is very variable, you never wear the same schedules to be able to train, and when your bossI tell you "I didn't know anything about what you are telling me" you say "also to finish off I have double personality."
@Ele that @joseludi is much more athlete than me, what happens that I hit the ass to the bike armchair and sometimes there is no one to raise it, be it cycle, MTB and now road.
And in juggling games, surely more than me I have been with my holy hahaha for hundreds of years

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/22/2015 11:16 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

@joseludi I do not know how the funded bombs are distributed, I suppose it will depend on the communities and politicians.The truth is that I have the opposite experience, it was the endocrine who told me that because of neither lifestyle I believed that the bomb was going to improve my quality of life.Of course, and here there is also a debate, as endocrine had just changed for personal reasons, I had to demonstrate that "it deserved it."

You are going to have to create a thread @jconegar and you who are called juggling at this step, although they throw you out of the forum, I bet you have more followers than any.

Ele's profile photo
Ele
10/23/2015 3:23 p.m.

Let's see @Ele people ask and we never lie, we say reality always hahaha.I don't like that they could call me a liar hahahaha

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/23/2015 3:36 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

If yes, everything is because it is clear reliable

Ele's profile photo
Ele
10/23/2015 3:52 p.m.

@Ele, we will better continue with the theme of the bomb because otherwise, the "able" can explode in our hands as a "bomb" hahaha

DiabetesForo
10/23/2015 7:56 p.m.

Yes better
The theme of bubbles inside the catheter brings me crazy.It seems to me or fat failure that the bomb does not warn that the insulin is not going through a technical reason, as the catheter folded

Ele's profile photo
Ele
10/23/2015 10:38 p.m.

ele said:
yes better
The theme of bubbles inside the catheter brings me crazy.It seems to me or fat failure that the bomb does not warn that the insulin is not going through a technical reason, as the catheter folded

@Ele the insulin do you take it for a while before the refrigerator before filling the catheter?Don't ask me why but if you load cartridge with cold insulin, do it at room temperature.
Before filling the cartridge, do you go up the hole several times without insulin?Of course, but you do it too, you don't ask me why.
Look to see if you did not do it and do it to see what happens.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/23/2015 10:51 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Well, I didn't do it.Thanks for the truquillo

Ele's profile photo
Ele
10/23/2015 11:10 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.