Dexcom G5 approved by the FDA.At the end of September in the US

jconegar's profile photo   08/25/2015 9:57 p.m.

At most, they should be worth 2 of the G5 as one of the G4.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/01/2015 3:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, I think I think more, the last transmitter I bought has cost me € 371.80 VAT included

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/01/2015 3:59 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

This one that I have spent the year, makes me angry in part because I bought one to go cruise and there is in the box more than a month, and even if they say that I do not spend I would not have bought it.But surely I would have bought it when I got on the ship I would have died.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/01/2015 9:03 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Murphy law ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/01/2015 10:30 p.m.

artories said:
for what I have read may have it here in January or February.When it comes out here there may already be Android program.

Guaranteed duration of the 3 -month transmitter.

We will have to see prices and make accounts, it may come out even more expensive than the G4.Also in just over a year the G6 is already ...

If I had a more reasonable price than the G4, and if I sent the data directly to a clock with Android Wear, I would think about it.

Hello, the guaranteed duration is 3 months ... and the maximum too.Important detail.3 months and it's over (it is deactivated, it gives no option to follow).
The G4 sends data directly to a clock, but it would have to be Apple, and for that you need the G4 with Share (integrated Bluetooth) that is the best device, which of course, here has not arrived or will arrive (I say the best because it isA normal receiver, and if you want, send to another device by Bluetooth, iOS yes, at least for now).

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
09/14/2015 1:17 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

jconegar said:
If the topic does not change having to buy the receiver is for the FDA.They will see if I change

You could "jump."The requirements of medical devices are demanding, and it is seen that with a mobile it may not be sufficient (not the operation is not guaranteed ... could a virus affect it?), So that they will sell it with their closed hardware, which laterEveryone does what they want (as if you want to manufacture it, that you can, at least for the G4).
And I say jump because if someone sells you a transmitter, because it is already ... or buy it simply as "replacement" (nobody forces you to buy here a receiver, you can give you an American friend for example).

It is what worries me least ... what worries me most is the bleeding that they will put us ... I don't like the mobile at all ... and because of that, using the receiver you will haveThat paying its short life ... 3 months, which is pathetic ... 4 years will already work a Trnamime of the Seven Plus (the last ones are incredible ... they last more than the first of 2 or 2.5 years)

greetings

pabloj2000
09/14/2015 1:21 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Do you have something to read that is confirmed that they are capped in 3 months?It is that if so, I'm already buying the G4, because I don't plan to spend 200 euros or more every 3 months ...

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/14/2015 1:25 a.m.

On the price of the transmitter .... I tell you that in the USA it costs 599 $ 1, that of the G4 (according to the price of the dollar it became about 450 euros to almost 600 euros now), yes, more than here.What happens is that there the vast majority of people have it subsidized, or free, or pay a part, so there are people who pay 200, 300, etc ... But that is not the price.That said, $ 599 without any insurance.

The G5 smells me a lot that could be more expensive, but if we take into account that they last 6 months (not a miserable day) and the G4 were removed 10-12 months ... Well, it will be double expensive.

And all for ... see the numerites in the mobile?These Romans are crazy.
This is not advances ... This is a full -fledged scam.

Let's see ... you imagine that they force you to change the glucometer every year?Yes, the strips ... what do you have the same as 10 years ago?And does the same work?This Dexcom is hesitation that it is pleased ... and we enter the game.I say it again, and with knowledge of cause ... we are the same as 8 years ago ... the Seven Plus is equal to G4, and this will be equal to G5 ... same operation with different wrap (that yes, infinitelymore expensive).

For me, they are still at once ... Do you know that virgin that I stay as I am?Well that ... never better ... except for the money out for his ears, of course ... I did yankie as friends who have to give everything ... Of course ... as if theTransmitters are thrown with each sensor ...

Anyway, I get bad (even more).Really ... They laugh at us, if not anything else (always speaking of the manufacturer).When they take a real advance, we speak it, but today .... nothing at all.Luckily I hope to endure to the G7 at least with my seven plus (apparatus that many things could be said, but many ... like the change to the g4 of people who had it was another tongo ... it was not necessary,But well ... in 1 year people will change to G5 when they could surely continue with the G4 and new sensors and transmitters, but they will do something to spend "the rooms")

greetings

pabloj2000
09/14/2015 1:33 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

artories said:
do you have something to read that is confirmed that they are capped in 3 months?It is that if so, I am already buying the G4, because I do not plan to spend 200 euros or more every 3 months ...

Yes, they are "capped" to 3 months, it seems that with a period of grace of 18 days.

Transmitter Life.Also, The New G5 Transmitters Will Only Last Three Months and Will Automatically Shut Off After That Time Has Elapsed, Unlike The Current G4 That Has A Six-Month Warranty But Many of Us Have Found Can Last Much Longer Than That.We Hear This is a 90-day Transmitter that also has an 18-day grace journal, Meaning it Will Actually Shutdown On Day 108 Allowing More Time To Get A New Transmitter.You'll get two in a box each time you Order New Transmitters.

The problem is that the story is repeated ... you buy the G4 ... and when these people are won, they force you to spend the money again on the G5 (it is very easy, they tell you not toThere are non -compatible transmitters or sensors), and point even if it is a lie (they put an eye on him as they did with the G4 to the Seven Plus ... so that he does not fit and ready).

That is why I say that they should leave it as glucose meters ... 10 or 15 years ..... and stop so many flowers ... or if they want for the most "pijos" the last model, and leave the first "monochrome"Low Cost ... because in Spain I think that very few would buy the last.

They are dizzy with the wrappers for the same .... Can you imagine a glucometer manufactured by Apple?very expensive ... very expensive throws ... to do the same as one of 20 euros?Well, the same.

A diabetic is not a "fan of technology" .... it is what they do not understand.

greetings

pabloj2000
09/14/2015 1:44 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Thank you very much Paul for all the information.Impressive all the information you provide.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/14/2015 2:10 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

And what did you expect ???A glucometer that lasts forever ??The business is that, selling something as "novel" that the only difference to a glucometer of 20 years ago is that you have to take a dressing attached to the body 24 hours, which is worth a paston and carry either the apparatus or its receiver forWhat transmits the data, where is the advance?When the advance is something like not needing to extract blood or carry dressing, then it will be an advance.Meanwhile we are the chickens of the golden eggs and it is no longer that European pharmaceuticals are profited, but that the American industry are offering their sweets timidly to make market.A real advance in this section would be (I don't know if possible), a superficial implementation of a chip that, being in continuous contact with blood, recorded data that with a simple mobile or smartwach could view the measurement, everything else is the same product, with different wrapping, a more beautiful design, etc ... at the price of gold and with a laughter.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
09/15/2015 8:41 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Man ... The advance of the glucometer to Dexcom is a world (for me it is the closest thing to live).I have lived (rather malted) with the glucometer, and the quality of life I had was sorrow.With the Dexcom, going from everything, you live quite well, the truth (within our problem).The glucometers do not advance (I mean, they do not change every year, neither every 2, neither every 4 nor 8 ... and can change, but the strips are the same).

Now ... since they took this measurement continuous ... Dexcom insists on selling us advances that are not such.And at the price of gold.
Well, what I would like is that glucometer like the one we have, with strips of 7 or 8 years ago that has not changed ... and that Dexcom does the same.Let us amortize something.
I say it again, Dexcom is an American company and who thinks of its market.They sell you a Dodge or a 500CV Mustang and 12 cylinders ... that where gasoline they give it to it, but here, you ruin.

I also say ... that as soon as social security pays these devices (I can't live without it, I have it very clear ... that they stop strips), so that Dexcom comes and that they force to change the transmitter with each sensor, .. if they give it free, no problem (which is what happens with most Yankies users ...).Sometimes I see people wanting "these advances" and they don't realize that they will not be able to pay them ... but they want at all costs .... Colorines, Bluetooths, mobiles ... Yes, I too... if they give it to me ... but every time they give us something, they charge us and well charged.And above, I insist, to be the same as 8 years ago.Come and

And on top1300 euros of the G5 ... knowing that in 1 year, they already take the G6.

If they had some "decency", even with these changes, what they would have to do is guarantee spare parts (sensors and transmitters) of all their products ... and that each one is changing (logically the new ones will enter the current model,and many people would not change).But they force you to change you.If the sensors standardized (which can, eye), and all happy transmitters.Now he who has bought a G4 ... will have spare parts this year and next year ... 2017 already fixed that no ... because 2017 will have the one who has the G5 ... because in 2018 ...

What a way to get our money ...

greetings

pabloj2000
09/15/2015 8:33 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

But do not decide that the G4 sensors were the same as those of the G5?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/15/2015 10:54 p.m.

Do not gala, they are not the same.For now the G4 will survive next to the G5 since the animas Vibe does not work with the G5.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/16/2015 12:20 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Does anyone know how the theme is in England?, I live in Cádiz, so I have relatively close Gibraltar ...

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
09/16/2015 1:35 p.m.

Pablo I are the same and that we have the G4 and that we have to update the software

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/16/2015 3:21 p.m.

The worst in my opinion of this device is the very short life of the transmitter.If before it was expensive for many, now it will be even more.A pity.Even more unattainable.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/29/2015 12:08 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Hello, if I gala, I would also read that, but ... these of Dexcom do not give stitch without a thread.They already did it with the Seven Plus and the G4 (if the sensors work in the old pot, which forced people to change), and I would not be surprised if they were done again.Anyway, the change should still take 1 year (transmitters, sensors, etc).In any case, I wish so, they should leave a common, standard, and universal sensor, for all their devices (they can do it).

Con-Q-de-Quimica ... in England I don't know how the subject is, what I know is that it is to start using it is much more expensive than here: the G4 start kit are 1325 pounds (1800 euros),Without taxes (I think you can deduct the VAT of these medications).

Of course, just pointing out an unimportant detail .... the minimum interprofessioncountry are 650 euros, that is, you need to work 2 months and a little to get the same (yes, it is cheaper!)

It is that sometimes the cold figures seem to comfort us.

greetings

pabloj2000
09/30/2015 6:41 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.