{'en': 'Free Dexcom VS prices', 'es': 'Precios Dexcom vs Libre'} Image

Free Dexcom VS prices

Artorias's profile photo   11/29/2015 2:28 a.m.

Free will be a "good" device, although what is indisputable is that they have an excellent marketing (the device is the least).It is not continuous measurement, and starting from that ... for what it offers, it is expensive.And it is a shame because it lacks that little "jump" to make continuous measurement, which is what we need.
And another curious detail ... there are people who have passed from free to Dexcom (and do not change), but vice versa nobody has made the jump (voluntarily clear).Very curious.

Free I think is the perfect device that endocrine need (a lot of information for them to give you the guidelines) ... the continuous measurement is what we need, diabetics for day to day (and if you want, you also share it).

And as someone commented on another place, and totally agree ... Free is the solution for type 2 diabetes ... not for type 1 (for that, it has to be MCG).

They are all expensive (the free, for me - insist for me, which I need mcg - it seems very expensive, no, the following).The Dexcom is a robbery ... but at least it is MCG that is what we all need.

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
05/17/2017 10:02 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

gala said:
All transmitters have lasted 14 months and I have 4 ... the sensors there each one is a world, 1 week guaranteed, 3 to almost all and then, each one.
It is very very important as you set for the duration

Do you know how much does the G4 transmitter cost in Novalab?
I will have to buy one in case the flies.
Last night I had a sensor change and I didn't find a signal, don't see the scare that I passed.
I tried twice and nothing.
Turn off everything, I released transmitter and pay attention to the two clicks, reinsert the serial number on the receiver and after another two hours if Coggio Signal.
What dependence one has been created with these pots!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/17/2017 10:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Afterego", ha ha !!Yes, when I take it, I seem to go naked, I'm unprotected.
€ 388 (VAT included) the last one I bought

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/17/2017 11:26 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@"Gala", I'm glad the transmitters last for you;However, I do not answer my questions above about whether someone has had problems because they last less and the company has not replaced the material :-) Yes it serves me what you answer to @"Afterego" about the price ofA transmitter: 388 euros (which the company guarantees 6 months and you last 14, right?) Are they unique prices?Through its own website or headquarters in Spain?which is it?

@"Pabloj2000", I am not entering whether the names (continuous or not continuous) are adequate, nor in marketing (both products have it very good, and both intend to sell you salvation, but for that our intelligence andcritical sense and our ability to experience and decide whether or not they are adequate for our person and to what extent).I am entering doubts about prices and business care if the Dexcom material lasts less.

Hugs :-)

imara's profile photo
imara
05/18/2017 9:07 a.m.

Hello Imara ... Dexcom's material will always work for you, which is simply ridiculous, and except for a specific case, nothing will fail you before the deadline.The old Seven Plus guaranteed transmitters 1 year (they lasted from 2 to 3.5 ... Some could last 1 year and 11 months ... but passed widely from the year).The new G4 guarantees you 6 months ... I have already seen 2 with 8-9 months ... the usual 11-12 months, or 13 ... always well above 6. And the sensors, youThey guarantee 7 days (the new G6 I think they will already guarantee 10 or 12 days), and they always last more than that.In 8 years I changed 1 that when putting it appeared sensor error ... nothing more.The rest ... always more.

So that the guarantee of Dexcom ... would not make any cases.The attention of the Dexcom distributor, at the time it had a subscription, was correct.It is very expensive, but they fulfilled their part, I cannot say anything bad (unless I would like it to cost half).

As for prices ... if it is important that you take into account continuous-not continuous ... because although one comes out cheaper than another ... it is certainly not more economical (taking into account what it offers).If you only look "cheap", it is something else ... but as soon as the continuous measurement tests ... you will realize that the other is a substitute, and the quality of life you lose is much greater than what you leave youIn the pocket.

"The good life is expensive ... there is another cheaper ... but it is not life" comes to the hair to this subject.

It is my opinion.
greetings

pabloj2000
05/18/2017 1:15 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Thanks, @"Pabloj2000" :-)

I agree with you that for many people the Dexcom can be much better;However, it is not about expensive or cheap, but to pay it.I cannot at all times at the moment unless I touch the lottery.And there are people who cannot pay or survival things ... so yes, a minimum well -being in this company requires money, unfortunately.

Hugs

imara's profile photo
imara
05/18/2017 1:20 p.m.

@"iMara", if it serves you, at first they changed a sensor because when you pull the ring that you have to climb, it has only happened to me with 1 and they changed it to me without problem

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/18/2017 2:11 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

imara said:
thanks, @"Pabloj2000" :-)

I agree with you that for many people the Dexcom can be much better;However, it is not about expensive or cheap, but to pay it.I cannot at all times at the moment unless I touch the lottery.And there are people who cannot pay or survival things ... so yes, a minimum well -being in this company requires money, unfortunately.

Hugs

Imara, I understand perfectly what you say, and everyone at home makes their numbers.My opinion (particular, since I need continuous measurement, that is, alarms, to be able to sleep, work, etc ...) is how things are ... if I make a huge effort (which I do, there areWhat to think that it is a mortgage, or the motorcycle or the car, or the trip you do every 2 years ... Well, spent there) to take the Dexcom is because I think the result is more than justified (as life).The free, if the Social Security at Cost 0 gives me, of course that better than the strips ... now ... if I have to pay the 120 euros per month for the free ... compared to the 180-200 thatThe Dexcom can go out to me, then ... I would make the effort, and if I do not arrive, I think I would not make the effort of the free either ... I would keep the strips and save me that money.I don't think it's worth that disbursement (without alarms).Now, as I said ... is Ambrosia.Sys that has taken a patch to convert free into continuous measurement with alarms ... that can already be worth it (of course in the end, I am going to the 180-200 fromContinuous medication without inventions, patches, etc ... is clear).

Is that the mobile or reader through the arm to read ... It seems to me even comic in these times.In my case it would be a ICT, because it would have to pass it every 5 minutes :)

Maybe I am very radical ... or continuous measurement ... or save the money and nothing.If the SS gives it to it ... whatever, of course.

Greetings

pabloj2000
05/19/2017 5:01 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

@imara I The last 2 Free sensors I have stretched them 22 days.The first 14 I read it with its application and Glimp and the rest only with Glimp with correct readings.But this should not be very common because of what I see in the forum.

DiabetesForo
05/20/2017 10:04 a.m.

@"Carlos71", with me with the Glimp only extends me 8 or 10 hours, I put it in a concrete thread that I opened on the free and the Glimp.
@"Gala", thanks :)

imara's profile photo
imara
05/20/2017 4:16 p.m.

Carlos71 said:
@imara I the last 2 free sensors I stretched them 22 days.The first 14 I read it with its application and Glimp and the rest only with Glimp with correct readings.But this should not be very common because of what I see in the forum.Or indicate if you explained it now?Thank you.

diegomiquel's profile photo
diegomiquel
05/21/2017 2:18 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 25 años 6,4 Hb1aC

@diegomiquel the truth I don't know why those days last me and also the 2 have lasted exactly the same days.When I use some more and differently, the same conclusion.The only thing I do is when the 14 days are still scanning with Glimp until when scanning stops glying.I don't know if because the battery is exhausted or for another reason.

DiabetesForo
05/21/2017 5:04 p.m.

Carlos71 said:
@diegomiquel the truth I don't know why those days last me and also the 2 have lasted exactly the same days.When I use some more and differently, the same conclusion.The only thing I do is when the 14 days are still scanning with Glimp until when scanning stops glying.I don't know if because the battery is exhausted or for another reason.
Thank you.I do not use Glimp.

diegomiquel's profile photo
diegomiquel
05/21/2017 5:13 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 25 años 6,4 Hb1aC

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.