{'en': 'Free Dexcom VS prices', 'es': 'Precios Dexcom vs Libre'} Image

Free Dexcom VS prices

Artorias's profile photo   11/29/2015 2:28 a.m.

One question, but I want to inform myself.The apparatus of the Dexcom and the free freestyle must be bought or the social security is given to you?I only know that the patches if you have to buy them.

Alvarozuma's profile photo
Alvarozuma
02/16/2017 3:09 p.m.

─ DM1 desde Enero 2015. 18 años.
─ Novorapid y Tresiba
─ HbA1c: 6,5% ✔
❝Es duro fracasar en algo, pero es mucho peor no haberlo intentado❞

alvarozuma said:
a question, but I want to inform myself.The apparatus of the Dexcom and the free freestyle must be bought or the social security is given to you?I only know that the patches if you have to buy them.

The Spanish SS does not give almost anything:-P This, of course, no.But an issue arises: if the SS does pay the insulin pump, I should pay a continuous monitor with alarms at the same time.Because carrying an insulin pump without a device that warns you when it fails, it seems dangerous to me (because I have read many advantages, but also dangerous inconveniences of the pump, such as glycemia supersubidones, if you do not warn you a monitor that you have annoyedThe thing, and one does not find out about the symptoms of his body, for whatever).

As for prices, if the Dexcom seems better to you, for whom the investment can make, great (but I have read various users who also give notable differences with the capillary measure).A lot of people cannot make investments because it is fair to keep the day to day.So free is an interesting option to take into account for prices at the time (which everyone can not afford; that we are here with the fate of being able to talk about technologies and through them and use them, while others do notThey have no access to nothing;
On the other hand, free to me is useful at times, and in others it is crazy.A pair have replaced them, but I get tired of it.So I don't know how the continuous measurement thing will end;At the moment, while I can pay it.

:-)

imara's profile photo
imara
02/16/2017 5:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Be careful, Dexcom is already being given in some provinces such as Badajoz, that insurance.And I speak of Dexcom not of Free.Not everyone but are not critical and uncontrollable cases either.
There are also many hospitals that are studying cases due to serious hypos that are entering the emergency room, which costs this service plus the patient two or three days admitted and indirect expenses.Hopefully they realize that really an MCG with alarms can reduce health costs.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/16/2017 9:59 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@"Alvarozuma", you have to buy everything, both in Dexcom Com in Freestyle, the freestyle receiver once, if you fall in grace to your endocrine and have, give it to you but not by general rule

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/17/2017 10:35 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

jconegar said:
care, Dexcom is already being given in some provinces such as Badajoz, that insurance.And I speak of Dexcom not of Free.Not everyone but are not critical and uncontrollable cases either.
There are also many hospitals that are studying cases due to serious hypos that are entering the emergency room, which costs this service plus the patient two or three days admitted and indirect expenses.Hopefully they realize that really an MCG with alarms can reduce health costs.

It seems that on the issue of which material is facilitated to "patients" is of total competence of each autonomy.Extremadura seems like a beautiful exception to the more qneral rule in Spain that is cut excessively in material.I already commented in another thread some of the problems in Valencia;And, from what I have read in other messages, most of Spain is like that.As for Extremadura, I have also read that they are very sensitized with the diabetes theme;I don't know how they will walk with other chronic diseases or other health actions.

In relation to the issue of why they should facilitate material, I prefer to insist that it has to be facilitated because it is necessary for safety and health and improvement of the daily life of millions of people, and not leave it only in economic issues.If we guide ourselves for the economic spending exclusively, we will agree that Valencia in Fallas leaves a lot) and difficulties to move throughout the month of March.
That is, capitalist gain is prevail against the needs of coexistence and humanitarian.It is an example that, although it has nothing to do with diabetes, helps me to show parallelism among the issues of economic interests placed above vital needs.

Anyway, to keep breathing and walk the best thing to do :-)

imara's profile photo
imara
02/17/2017 2:16 p.m.

Well, I calculate the strips with the Frestyles and it is still more expensive for social security, the strips would have to suppress the strips :) x (

barki26's profile photo
barki26
02/19/2017 2:50 p.m.

I don't know if he will give them in very specific cases, but you have to buy them

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/19/2017 6:10 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@"Alvarozuma", Abbott, is giving through many endos the reader and a free sensor to promote it.Then as you say, the rest are already on behalf of yours.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
02/20/2017 6:54 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

An insulin pump works perfectly without a continuous monitor the difference is that with the continuous monitor in the case of the monitor Enlite le for the descents and for next year another bomb comes out that avoids hyperglycemia. The bomb is financed by Social SecurityThe continuous meter does not and supposes enough money, my son has caused the freestyle and we were delighted for its price because there is no contract but it gives many problems of allergic reaction and they do not replace you so that this sensor however in the literalof a year and the sensors always replace you without any problem ... I think that each one has its advantages and disadvantages but it is clear that after my experience with these two sensors the important thing is to have a good endocrine to worry aboutThis and I advise you the best in this case for my son and there are very few or for lack of interest or why they do not give them the Realisima I am lucky the truth but the day they realize that a diabetic person with a better controlIt will also be a benefit for them and they will save a lot

Mamá diabetico's profile photo
Mamá diabetico
02/21/2017 1:26 a.m.

@"Diabetic Mom", it is evident that the pump works perfectly without a continuous sensor.But a continuous sensor, that warns when something is wrong (the free does not enter that assumption) is the appropriate complement, and I think necessary, for a pump.That is why it is a nonsense that the SS only facilitates one thing.
As for what would be saved with the strips, for now the continuous sensors cannot replace the capillary measurement, only complement it.So both things are necessary;You cannot inject insulin according to what the interstitial measurement says, because sometimes it leaves the capillary.

imara's profile photo
imara
02/21/2017 9:56 a.m.

imara said:
@"diabetic mom", it is evident that the pump works perfectly without a continuous sensor.But a continuous sensor, that warns when something is wrong (the free does not enter that assumption) is the appropriate complement, and I think necessary, for a pump.That is why it is a nonsense that the SS only facilitates one thing.
As for what would be saved with the strips, for now the continuous sensors cannot replace the capillary measurement, only complement it.So both things are necessary;You cannot inject insulin according to what the interstitial measurement says, because sometimes it leaves the capillary.

This very clear because the public health does not finance the MCG and if the bombs, although there is already some autonomous community that finances the MCG although they do it with droppers.

Insulin bombs, although the fungible material has nothing cheap, not everyone wants them even.If the MCG financed everyone would ask for them and many people would not use them after having asked them.The issue of financing the MCG is complicated, what they could do is subsidize part of its price to avoid that problem.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/21/2017 11:04 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I use free and I see its inconveniences and advantages, I can also afford a Dexcom but I chose Free in case I did not adapt not to have an initial contract and an initial investment so large.

The strips leave faces but we must bear in mind that there are more type 2 diabetics than 1 that we are really needing continuous control.So when they account, they don't get the numbers to finance the free or dexcom sensors.

Interestingly, lately on TV I watch programs or series where there is a type 1 diabetic that gives it a hiccup and ends in the emergency room.I do not know if it is a coincidence or are trying to sensitize the population.
Obesity and diabetes 2 is a continuous bombing.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/21/2017 2:19 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"Ruthbia", it is not mandatory to have a contract with Dexcom, you can buy sensors and transmitters whenever you want, you are not obliged to any contract, another thing is that you want to benefit from the price they give if you do annual subscription, in fact whenPurchase at the beginning you are doing with loose caste boxes that you decide that you like and want to continue with it.
I calibrate him when he asks me but I no longer do it to put the insulin, I trust the dexcom and to date without problems

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/21/2017 4:02 p.m.

The truth is that that of the Dexcom by making the oneself itself, with recycled transmitter and lasting the sensors 3 weeks, some lasts more lucky, remains at a better price than free.It is something more complicated but the savings are worth it and the level of information that give applications such as XDrip there is no color with the official receiver.

enriquec's profile photo
enriquec
02/22/2017 12:10 p.m.

Enrich according to adults but not for children, with children the receiver Dexcom is fundamental.I have tried XDRIP and for children it is not operational because of the little range and connection losses ... and that of recycling a transmitter is not suitable for everyone.Children are different from adults and also last the sensors .... that does not mean that in my opinion the Dexcom is worth it .. but fuck ... it is expensive.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
02/22/2017 6:18 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

True, my case is with adults, but the truth with children does not see it discharge even if it is to sleep quietly with the alarm theme.
Anyway I make a note because I also suffered the scope issue and there is a version of Xbridge that keeps the values ​​in memory and turns them all when the mobile is connected, the xbridge is cheap and small, carrying it on topAnd with that version I comment, it becomes a free freestyle at the time where the mobile is not close.

enriquec's profile photo
enriquec
02/22/2017 7:03 p.m.

Hello again I am using the freestyle and the child gives allergy problems and it is removed by what I read in your messages is a thing that has been happening with the free one does not happen the same with the dexcom or other meters, also point thatWe love us. Provide with the bomb and told us the endocrine that does not put it so I am delighted

Garci's profile photo
Garci
03/17/2017 8:59 p.m.

Another thing wanted to comment x if anyone knows anything.

Garci's profile photo
Garci
03/17/2017 9:03 p.m.

garci said:
another little thing I wanted to comment x if anyone knows anything./Blockquote>
I am testing the free with the Glimp, and it has no alarms, if you mean that it warns you only, like the Dexcom, when the thing is wrong.And it is a roll to wear two meters ... I opened a thread on the theme of Free and Glimp where I comment on something.

And there I go with my doubts on the Dexcom theme.I use the free, because I can't pay the Dexcom.Before I saw the Free left over for me.Lately I could better an alarm, maybe.Although I still can pay it, I have read some things more calmly and doubts arise.Let's see if you can clarify them:

@"Artorias", those offers that you put to me that they have to do with belonging to some association.If you do not belong, you cannot host the offers.Corry me if I'm wrong
I have found this link, which seems to me that you tell what you put: Link

In addition, in that link it is guaranteed that the sensors last 7 days, not three weeks, and the transmitter 6 months, no 12, with what I understand that if the guaranteed one lasts, and no more, theCompany does not compensate for you and the price shoots.People say that it lasts, it is worth, then to make the expense and to trust, and if it fails and increases the price to leave the money thrown because it cannot be paid more ... that is a possible problem.Has anyone had it?

These prices and conditions are from Dexcom 4, and I know that the dexcom G5 is already on sale and there are people who comment that the transmitters have lost quality (of the G6 there is a thread, but I understand that it does not yetIt has come out).Is it still that price that @"Artorias" put for the G4?

Finally, I understand that the way to access the purchase, with those packs, are commercial conditions that the company puts.And you also buy via the Internet ...

Thank you :-)

imara's profile photo
imara
05/17/2017 1:11 p.m.

To me all the transmitters have lasted 14 months and I have 4 ... the sensors there are each one a world, 1 week guaranteed, 3 to almost all and then, each.
It is very very important as you set for the duration

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/17/2017 6:20 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.