{'en': 'Free Dexcom VS prices', 'es': 'Precios Dexcom vs Libre'} Image

Free Dexcom VS prices

Artorias's profile photo   11/29/2015 2:28 a.m.

I will make some calculations using the prices of the official distributor in Spain, Novalab.Although you have to know how to look for life in these things, but good.

Freestyle free
: 120 euros every 28 days.-& GT;128 euros every 30 days.128x12 = € 1536 + € 50 of the starting kit receptor) = € 1586 The first year.€ 1536 The second year and following.
1586: 12 = € 132 per month the first year.
1536: 12 = € 128 per month the second year and following.

Dexcom G4
, taking the best offers that Novalab has:

First year:

Start Kit: € 1300 + 10% VAT = € 1430
This kit brings 4 sensors, a transmitter that will last us approximately 12 months, and a receiver.

Sensors: We are going to take this Novalab offer: "- Subscription offer of up to 1 year: € 1.920 + I.V.A. for the purchase in advance of 6 sensor boxes at a special price and we bonate with another box more than them. It will haveup to a year to request the sending of these boxes as you need them.
Additionally, special prices will be applied when the replacement of the transmitter or for the purchase of accessories is necessary. "

€ 1.920 + 10% VAT = € 2112
There are a total of 7 sensor boxes (6 + 1 gift), to 4 sensors each box = 28 sensors
2112: 28 = € 75 Each sensor.

Now we assume that a 3 -week Dexcom sensor lasts, which is very long time since they report well how to set it in conditions and how to protect it, and how to "resurrect it" when it is almost totally taken away.

€ 75 every 3 weeks = € 100 per month.

With the start kit we remember that 4 sensors are already coming, so we have 3 months covered.(1 sensor -& GT; 3 weeks = 4 sensors -& GT; 12 weeks).

For another nine months, 9 x 100 = € 900
(There are 12 sensors for 9 months, at 75 euros the sensor).

Then the first year with the Dexcom Posts: 1430 + 900 = € 2330
2330: 12 = € 194 per month, the first year.

We are left over 28-12 = 16 sensors, which we will use the second year.In the second year we will need to use the 16 sensors that we have left.(4 sensors every 3 months -& GT; 4x4 = 16 sensors per year).
You can ask for all of us to miss Novalab within a maximum period of one year, and the sensors usually come with a more or less expiration date of a year since the purchases, of all it is proven that a sensor expired of a few monthsIt works perfectly.
And if we want to change to G5 the second year, the sensors are the same.

Second year: 16 x 75 = 1200 euros in sensors.The replacement transmitter € 350.1200 + 350 = € 1550
1550: 12 = € 129 per month, the second year and following.

It must be taken into account that it would be a large initial investment in the case of taking the Dexcom with that offer (which would have paid it when the 4 sensors that the starting kit bring, at 3 months of buying it):

Dexcom G4 - Initial investment: 2112 + 1430 = € 3542
FIRE FREE - INITIAL INVESTMENT: € 170

3 -week Dexcom sensors:
Dexcom G4 - Price for 2 years: 2330 + 1550 = 3880 € (€ 161 per month)
Freestyle Free - Price for 2 years: 1586 + 1536 = € 3122 (€ 130 per month)

Now we are going to calculate for those who make a 4 -week Dexcom sensor last:

First year:
Dexcom start kit G4: € 1430.The sensors that bring (4) last 4 months.For the next 8 months we need 8 sensors.
8 x 75 = 600
1430 + 600 = € 2030 The first year.( € 169 per month )

Second year: 12 sensors, 12x75 = € 900.900 + 350 of the transmitter = € 1250.( € 104 per month )

4 -week Dexcom sensors duration:
Dexcom G4 - Price for 2 years: 2030 + 1250 = € 3280 (€ 136 per month)
Freestyle Free - Price for 2 years: 1586 + 1536 = € 3122 (€ 130 per month)

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/29/2015 2:28 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The problem is the big initial investment.You can try the free for less than 200 EUR (there are people who do not adapt to these meters) and the Dexcom .... You have to have saved.
Thank you very much for explaining it that clearly, I was very tuned with the cost of Dexcom, the free is easier to know what it costs.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
11/29/2015 9:07 a.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

Yes, when the free came out, the cheaper dexcom was already coming out.
I tried the free and of course if you have already tried the Dexcom before ... as it did not convince me and on top of the Dexcom I was already cheaper than the free
Maybe if it had been the other way around from glucometer to free ..

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/29/2015 11:04 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

artories said:

We have 28-9 = 19 sensors, that we will use the second year.In the second year we will need to use 16 sensors.(3 sensors every 4 months -& GT; 4x4 = 16 sensors per year).

I believe arctors that you have calculated badly.If you spend 4 sensors every 3 months, from the offer in the first year you will have spent 12 sensors for the remaining 9 months .With which for the second year I have 28-12 = 16
Maybe I was wrong or something has escaped.I have not followed your calculations anymore, I want to make sure that I am right or I am wrong

Your exhibition is phenomenal so that people know what to choose

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/29/2015 12:10 p.m.

Indeed @joseludi I have sneaked there.Then there would be 16 sensors for the second year, which would be just the necessary.Hehe is stuck

Now I correct it.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/29/2015 1:40 p.m.

I am looking at it and I think the failure has not affected the calculations at all, but now I am with my mobile and it is hard for me to check it well

Edited: There was another errata on the subject of the sensors, there are 4 sensors every 3 months, he had explained it backwards, but the calculation is fine, there are 16 sensors a year.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/29/2015 1:45 p.m.

Thank you very much, as it says:

rafach said:
The problem is the great initial investment.You can try the free for less than 200 EUR (there are people who do not adapt to these meters) and the Dexcom .... You have to have saved.
Thank you very much for explaining it that clearly, I was very tuned with the cost of dexcom, the free is easier to know what it costs.

That is the main reason why I am going to use freestyle, I prefer to lose € 200 than the 3500 you say, which is not little, to get into this continuous meters the freestyle is not bad.PQ if he does not improve hemoglobin I don't know if he would continue with him.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
11/30/2015 9:29 a.m.

@aranzuleg, the initial dexcom kit are 1430 for 3 months, (with the free that time would be € 420) that you have taken the price of 2 years, it is expensive but do not pass!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/30/2015 9:51 a.m.

hahaha ... ok ok

aranzazuleg
11/30/2015 10:16 a.m.

Nor is it so expensive.By ignorance of Dexcom I bought the free.I am doing very much and covers "my" needs, but if I had informed me a better year, I would have opted for the Dexcom.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/30/2015 10:52 a.m.

And Freestyle sensors can't stretch 3 weeks?I don't know how it works?If they last 15 days because they stop working or PQ is taken off.

aranzazuleg
11/30/2015 1:19 p.m.

Because it lasts 14 days

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/30/2015 1:53 p.m.

They are caled 14 days.Anyway, its battery is fair to last those 14 days, there are only a few hours left over.With unofficial programs for the mobile, you can continue reading a few hours after it reaches the limit of 14 days, but one of the developers (that of Liapp) does not recommend it due to the little reliability of these readings.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/30/2015 2:49 p.m.

They last 14 days and if you make the readings with the mobile phone applications last another 12 hours+/-...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/30/2015 2:49 p.m.

It is clear that if we look in the long term (and assuming that they last 3 weeks because some do not reach that period and the cost would be greater) the cost seems lower.

But you also have to look at other things.The free if you want to buy it, if something better comes out.In that sense, you are not tied to a "permanence" contract to Dexcom.

And the functionalities available to the DEXCOM in my view if they are not necessary, do not justify the price difference.

I think that if it were a dexcom-libre boxing fight it would be a technical draw

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/30/2015 6:44 p.m.

Thank you very much for the information.I think I will start with the free, MD said in endocrine that as I have the glucosolate with this enough and that I did recommend it.I will tell you

marrotro's profile photo
marrotro
02/11/2017 11:59 p.m.

anaisabel said:
is not so expensive either.By ignorance of Dexcom I bought the free.I am doing very much and covers "my" needs, but if I had informed me a better year, I would have opted for the Dexcom.

I started with free thinking that it was the first meter they took to the market.I did not know the existence of Dexcom.Now the free covers me perfectly my bone needs that for now I do not change it.Unless the competition takes out a similar and cheaper, of course.

diegomiquel's profile photo
diegomiquel
02/12/2017 10:55 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 25 años 6,4 Hb1aC

The basic assumption is that Dexcom lasts 3 weeks and in the case of my child is 11 days ... thin and tiny ... with what the price of Dexcom shoots ... and that did not use the G5 whoseCost is much larger.My cost is approaching the 280 per month .... However, given the quality of the product, alarms, reliability, very useful receiver for children, I am left with Dexcom and I stay without other things, but cheap is not, in my caseparticular is a small mortgage .... But the health of a child .... uffff .... I will continue with Dexcom.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
02/12/2017 4:23 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

In my case and previously use free, for me the Dexcom is much better.Given that normally the sensors I use 30 days or more, the price during the second year is lower than free, that the first year you have to make the investment.The theme of alarms and continuous monitoring is a plus in my life as a dangnetic.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
02/12/2017 10:25 p.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

I have used the 2 systems and I certainly stay with the Dexcom, I realize that I smoke a package a day (€ 5) and ready, I get the accounts (lasting 3 weeks, which normally lasts 4, having the receiver, of course.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/13/2017 11:34 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.