{'en': 'Bolis needles, what measure do you like more and why?', 'es': 'Agujas para bolis, que medida os gusta mas y porque?'} Image

Bolis needles, what measure do you like more and why?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/02/2015 4:20 p.m.

Like everything in this life is a question of taste, I tell you that I personally come after using 6 mm mm pool needles that 8 mm are better.

It is obvious that they are larger than 6 mm but as I have become accustomed to them and have given me a better result so far.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/02/2015 4:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In my case I agree with you, I have also used 6 mm and 8 mm, and I prefer the second to the first, among other things, because they make me less purple, they deteriorate less and when entering more into the skin, I think it avoidsLet some injected insulin come out and act before.: -BD

fer's profile photo
fer
10/02/2015 5:01 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
In my case I agree with you, I have also used 6 mm and 8 mm, and I prefer the second to the first, among other things, because they make me less purple, IThey deteriorate less and when entering the skin more, I think it prevents something from the injected insulin and acts before.: -BD

Fer was just thinking about the same since my levels have always gone better with those of 8, I seemed to me that the insulin came out slower.

DiabetesForo
10/02/2015 5:14 p.m.

To me with the 6 mm they made me more packages and then total lack of control

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/02/2015 5:16 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

gala said:
to me with the 6 mm were more packages and then total lack of control

You carry all the reason and it has happened to me several times even applying the Pordon system.

DiabetesForo
10/02/2015 5:19 p.m.

I only for now in these two months the ones I use are 8 but when I punish me sometimes something comes out and that I only have 6 of Lantus.

DiabetesForo
10/02/2015 5:34 p.m.

@Aliciaalicia, keep the Embolo a few seconds before taking out the needle

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/02/2015 5:55 p.m.

Another that prefers those of 8. Those of 6 often do not penetrate my skin especially from the second use.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/02/2015 6:23 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Why do you reuse them?If you give us needles so we only use them once

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/02/2015 6:50 p.m.

gala said:
why do you reuse them?If you give us needles so we only use them

Basically for tiredness and fed up.

But they don't give me just.A bag of 25 every two months.I change it once for boli and even so sometimes I stay without.Anyway, I already say that even if they would give me a thousand, I would change it, I have been thus for 20 years and zero problems.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/02/2015 7:08 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Ha ha ha!!!That sounds to me but with the lancetas ..
They give me 200 every month

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/02/2015 7:24 p.m.

I have always used 8mm and the truth is that I have no complaint.I picho in angle and without problems ...

Inday's profile photo
Inday
10/02/2015 7:41 p.m.

I use the 12.7

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
10/02/2015 8:04 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I do not return to 8mm or dead.

I have very little fat and those of 8 were torture.Even with those of 6 I have to click on pinch and at angle.

For colors.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/02/2015 11:46 p.m.

With Maria we started with those of eight, but sometimes it hurt and a droplet of blood almost always came out.So in the last review we asked for shorter and gave us 5 mm.And as Artorias says, Maria also has to become pinch, and so and everything costs us, between thin and sport it does not have a gram of fat.
What his educator told us is that sometimes such short needles do not allow insulin to penetrate properly and the values ​​are high.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/03/2015 8:35 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I have only tried those of 8, which are the ones that were recommended in the endocrine and they do well.Well, everything good that can have to click your skin every day, of course.

pike's profile photo
pike
10/03/2015 2:03 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

Unless we are very very thin, adults recommend those of 8mm, 5 are too superficial and insulin is not well absorbed

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/03/2015 2:34 p.m.

I do not know, but it seems to me that 6-5 mm in a child can serve, but in an adult I doubt that no matter how thin it is unless it has a fatty percentage of less than 5% I doubt that insulin is absorbed well.As for the pinch, it is supposed to be what they recommend, it is not that you have to take it for facilitating the puncture.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
10/03/2015 7:48 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Well, nothing, insulin does not absorb me well with the 6mm because you say it.That's why I have been today below 120, after eating a kebab with fried potatoes.

That you don't work for something well does not mean that the rest does not.How difficult it is different on this forum.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/03/2015 8:45 p.m.

Well, 5 mm are much better.I have no bruises, they hurt less and they do not affect me in the subcutaneous absorption of insulin.And I am not superdelined (although it has already lost 11 kilos from the diagnosis).I don't know, there are as many types of diabetes as diabetics.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
10/03/2015 8:58 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.