{'en': 'Sugar down', 'es': 'Bajada de azucar haciendo un examen en el instituto'} Image

Sugar down

luciana's profile photo   12/01/2015 12:58 p.m.

Hello everyone,

My name is Ana, I have a daughter in the first year of institute, she has diabetes since the age of 6, now she has twelve, she has insulin bomb and is usually well controlled, today when doing a language exam at the institute, she has been lowered50, it would be for the nerves, the fact is that you could not concentrate and have asked the teacher to stop the exam and leave it for another time that he was better, the teacher has replied that a caramel is taken and that if notIt concentrates is because it has not studied ...

Have you found in any similar situation?Do you have the right, if you are with descent, to repeat the exam?

Thank you very much to everyone.

luciana's profile photo
luciana
12/01/2015 12:58 p.m.

Lucia, 12 años en tratamiento con bomba de insulina desde los 7

Let's see you have to go to talk to your endoCrino and prepare a report indicating what happens with a hypo.A person with a decrease in glucose its mental state will not recover to be able to do an exam, it is again in a perfect state I think it was two hours, but that someone confirms what I am telling you.I wouldn't leave it at all.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/01/2015 1:10 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hi @luciana, my daughter is in the second, Maria happened in a Mate exam, but she went back and continued with him.But if it had been so, I am sure I would have repeated it.
If instead of a drop, I would have started with fever, vomiting, or endless things ... or simply that it coincides with a medical consultation ... or that that day is sick and does not attend class, would they have had itrepeated?.Of course!!!!Well, I think that is the same case.
I do not know if you reported at the Institute of the consequences of both a descent and a rise, if you did it, it is worth the teacher.The fact is that I have read that there are people to whom a climb or a descent leaves him fatal, and that the teachers must understand!
How the poor girl had decided to have a descent to skip the exam !!!Sorry, but these things make me nervous ...

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
12/01/2015 1:17 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Thank you @jconegar, because I also knew about two hours.Maria goes back and as if nothing, but it can always happen, and I will add it to the report I left in school.

RocioLlinares
12/01/2015 1:31 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

There are some people who are super uncompromising (and some assholes with forgiveness but I felt fatal) and they think that this is a story and an excuse when things do not work out well.
The same thing happened to me at college, I had to expose a job and I was giving me a descent, although I took a couple of sugar, my tongue was locked and I also did not come out what I wanted to say (quite normal when we are inDownload, in fact my mother whenever she sees me with descent and I say that I am well asks me strange things to see if I answer her well, there is my mother ... Je je!) And her idiot told me that thatThey were nerves and that next time so that I did not happen to me well and that if it was true the descent that in the next one took a liter of Coca Cola before starting

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/01/2015 1:34 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

No comments @Gala.

RocioLlinares
12/01/2015 1:45 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@luciana with people like that, I do not think it is worth going to talk to them, unfortunately.My opinion, directly to speak in person with head of studies, director or APMA, etc. and formal complaint.Always accompanied by a medical report.

davidT1's profile photo
davidT1
12/01/2015 3:16 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015
Lantus 10 (a las 14:00h)
Novorapid 2-4-2
HbA1c 5.3
----------------------
DM3 por partida doble

With a medical report, they would have to repeat the exam, but always measured before an exam and take the necessary sugar, to avoid problems.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/01/2015 3:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I would not do that regulates because in an an hour or two hours during a duration exam, enough that before the exam is well so that they then tell him something and in an hour it gives you a hiccup perfectly.The right information in that sense I think.
May she do it, but don't say even if it's okay.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/01/2015 3:40 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

What would you not do?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/01/2015 3:43 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

You can measure yourself before and during, if the exam is very long.
My daughter had exams of more than four hours and always did so.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/01/2015 3:48 p.m.

Thank you all for the answers, I will go down to see the Head of Studies, on top of that he tells him if he puts the exam tomorrow as he assures that he does not get off too, that as he cannot assure him then he does today ...And my daughter tells me that it was not agreed as some words were written ... I imagine that I will learn that you have to measure before, and if it is long in the middle and then, today you have caught you off guard, with twelve yearsHe has no experience, but from what I read in other posts he will touch Espabilar in that regard.
I will tell you what he tells me.:-/

luciana's profile photo
luciana
12/01/2015 4:08 p.m.

What a character the teacher, with ironies on ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/01/2015 4:17 p.m.

The one that has to back and put the batteries the teacher !!!!And sensitize with your daughter, with a child with hyperactivity, with spilepsy, with ...... And so we could name, unfortunately, a lot more.

RocioLlinares
12/01/2015 4:24 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Normal that people think that.In the media only diabetics come out that go up Everest or go around the world in scooters to show that diabetes does not prevent doing anything and everyone applauds and seems fantastic and great.

Well, if they treat us as if diabetes were unimportant nonsense, do not complain.Or one thing or the other.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/01/2015 4:49 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa41 I understand what you mean, but do you really think that is the cause of the behavior of this type of people?I believe that it is the lack of awareness or empathy or alomejor the lack of information, (or go to know ... sometimes I get tired of being so civilized ...: (()

luciana's profile photo
luciana
12/01/2015 4:55 p.m.

@Sherpa41, that same phrase I said the other day in another thread !!
But it is true, lack of total empathy, look my mother is a teacher and before she agreed to have a diabetic daughter she had a diabetic child in class, my mother really, of zero potato diabetes, (with what she knows now ...) And he always remembers him, (thinking about what he came little after) and always tells the same, that she did not know any of this and therefore paid more attention and in the excursions other years other teachers did notThey carried (it was CD there were no glucometers and the syringes were boiled) and my mother says that she did what they always carried a mother to help her (before we were forty so many per class, you remember?) Well, on taking anotherHe took his mother and thus the child of excursion like everyone else.
This lady empathy, the penalty is that it is not the only one ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/01/2015 5:15 p.m.

@regina do an analysis and tell the teacher as I am.I would do it for me alone

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/01/2015 5:39 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

What would repatinate me is that the teacher thought that the girl was taking advantage of her "condition" of diabetics to be able to study more and thus take advantage and approve or get better note ..

Tell me where it happens with my novorapid ball and put 10u as well as you don't want the thing and seek an accident and feel what you "feel" in the face of hypoglycemia ..: D

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/01/2015 5:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@jconegar, because I say, of course., Without saying anything, total ... no one would understand it ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/01/2015 6:23 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.