Free Freestyle Waiting Time

micadur's profile photo   10/13/2015 7:51 a.m.

Hello

I would like to ask those who already have and are using free, especially those who have received it recently, how long you have been waiting.

You will see.I was lucky to try it because my endocrine offered me through an Abbot representative.And I have to recognize it: I fell in love.Since April 29 I am targeted.That's six months at the end of this month.I am more than impatient.

Everything I look for online speaks to me on the one hand that they will increase production to adapt to demand but on the other hand, read longer and longer waiting times.

So I ask: Does anyone who received it recently can tell me when it was pointed out?To get an idea to see if I already have it for Christmas hehe.

Greetings to all and thank you very much

micadur's profile photo
micadur
10/13/2015 7:51 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am like you, in November last year they let me try it in my hospital, so I have the reader .. but I don't count as a client, and I had to register .. towards February ... I really don't know if the list wasHe is moving, I have not received news :(

Lidia Márquez Rodríguez's profile photo
Lidia Márquez Rodríguez
10/13/2015 10:42 a.m.

26 años - DM1 desde 2010
Bomba insulina Minimed 640G - Uso Freestyle libre de forma discontinua

Hello Lidia

Well then we are already two.I have my reader "Dead of laugh" waiting for me to let me buy sensors, but here I am waiting for you to wait for you.I am even more discouraged that you have been since February and you still don't know anything.I have called several times and they have told me that the waiting list is slow but I have written them too and they have told me the same, but that they cannot give me foresight.

The problem is that we tried it, and I found the greatest advance in diabetes (apart from the new bombs that you speak so much and that I am not a user) in a long time at a "expensive" but "cheap" price compared toThe Dexcom.And of course, the candy for 14 days and now ... every day looking at the mail waiting for news.

Well, as I commented, if someone who has it recently can give information about how long it took, to get an idea we are waiting for.

Thank you very much and greetings

micadur's profile photo
micadur
10/14/2015 12:17 a.m.

I tb I signed up on April and here we are still waiting ...

tica's profile photo
tica
10/14/2015 10:10 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Well, I carry it clear, I signed up in July JA, ha,
The truth is that I think before some other similar, better or similar system will come out by Abbot, in fact, I think they are not doing many sensors because they will have another system or other sensor in mind orin test.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/14/2015 1:49 p.m.

Hi, I'm new in the forum.I am interested in freestyle and look on the Internet.It seemed very expensive.I see that you have requested it and wanted to know if you pay it or help social security.I would also like to know how it is requested.Thank you so much

nuria_NBA's profile photo
nuria_NBA
10/15/2015 3:42 p.m.

Hello

Thank you all for participating in this thread.I tell you how new I know, it is quite little.

Regarding the waiting time, another user of the forum has told me that he registered on the page in February and that in July the mail came to buy the free, with what at least, taking into account that ofmoment the production has not increased, they are five months of waiting.As more and more people will have been aiming, it will be more safe.At least it seems that new people from the list continue to put, but at a leeeeento rhythm.Well, what remains is to wait.

If someone can provide more information, we will be happy to read it :-)

Lidia, this user pointed out in February.If you noticed in November ... did you surely receive the confirmation mail that you were on the list?And surely you haven't received anything else since then?If the waiting list follows the order in which we register on the page, which I hope so, in theory you should have had it for a long time.

I have read several news that speak of increased production to normalize the distribution, but for now there is nothing new.The reason that they are not able to supply people, sincerely I do not understand.I mean that if I (for example) invention "something" that I know if I get it for sale I have thousands of people waiting to buy it (at a price not precisely cheap), because I could understand that I escape from my handsAnd he was not able to meet the demand.

But that is if I invented it.We are talking about a pharmaceutical multinational like Abbott.I find it impossible to think that they are not able to meet the lawsuit and have not planned the reception that the free is having.More considering that from here to a few years (hopefully soon) there will be alternatives and having been the first to get it at a "affordable" price (it is not, but much more than the competition), it gives them all the options forposition yourself in the market.

And Nuria, for now Social Security does not subsidize any continuous blood glucose monitoring system.And it will take time to make it safe, for the moment you have to pay it full.Abbott's free freestyle is expensive, but compared to the other alternative used by many users (the Dexcom), the price of free is much lower and can reach many more pockets.So I could try the 14 days I used it, of course it is worth it, so I encourage you to register on the page and notice the list, by the time you can have it (whether when).

Greetings to all

micadur's profile photo
micadur
10/15/2015 11:19 p.m.

Hi Micadur, thanks for the info.In November I tried it, thanks to my nurses that included me in the tests they were going to do in patients in my hospital, so I have it.In February I decided to buy a couple of sensors, thinking that it would be to arrive and kiss the saint .. I registered, they told me what is already known by all ... and I remember that confirmation came to me.During the summer after not receiving news I tried luck again and told me that my email was already registered ... then nothing more!I don't know what criteria the list move, if it is by order of registration of me they forgot ...

Lidia Márquez Rodríguez
10/16/2015 12:02 a.m.

26 años - DM1 desde 2010

Well, you leave me ... strange.I wrote and spoke several times with Abbot to tell them if we could not (people like you or me) that we already had the reader, buy and they told me that it is impossible to alter the list that strictly follows the registration order.I don't know what could have happened to you except that "for whatever" you will jump.With what makes me less confidence.Have you tried to call or write?That they take the phone is more complicated but my emails have always responded in 24 hours.Let's see if they have had "any failure."It is that everything is strange.

micadur's profile photo
micadur
10/16/2015 12:31 a.m.

No, I have never called them, now I don't work and I couldn't buy them every month, so if they let me know perfectly, I would buy for a month and the following we will see ... come on, that I have deflated the desire so much waiting.What I will do will be to write to you, to see what they tell me and with whatever

Lidia Márquez Rodríguez
10/16/2015 2:30 p.m.

26 años - DM1 desde 2010

Since March I have been waiting list and nothing, without news still

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
10/16/2015 6:48 p.m.

I signed up for the waiting list this week ... what a chasco.I thought that the freestyle was easily accessible, such as Dexcom ... does not fit your sales and customer system ... I don't understand it well.And what do they propose to do when in Andalusia they put it through the health system, how was it approved?

Vitrichenko's profile photo
Vitrichenko
11/01/2015 3:41 p.m.

Hello!

Well ... after 7 months of waiting (since April 29), yesterday, December 8, I received the mail inviting me to make my first order , which I did yesterday of course.I was talking to them during the past week and they told me that during this December, Abbott's intention is to send mail to the entire waiting list (I do not know whether they will get it or not, it is what they told me), with whatThat the good news is that apparently, this is going.Another acquaintance of mine that was recorded in May, has also received an email that told him that next week he could start buying.

I have also read news for another place that said that by 2016 the sale would finally be normalized and there would be no more waiting lists.You can expect it to be true and you can get it, I hope so.

So that you are waiting, you know

Receive a cordial greeting

P.D.: By the way Vitrichenko the news that came out that in Andalusia they were going to subsidize it ... mmm ... I don't know I don't know ... This was published in October I think I remember, and one of two, or they really have spokenWith Abbott (or Dexcom) something that seems very strange to me, taking into account the supply problems of the first and the price of the second, or simply ... it is a declaration of intentions, but with nothing concrete.Let's go "we all agree that this should be done and when it can be done."POLITISE I imagine.It is an opinion.Anyway ... you have to be attentive to the news to see what this is.

micadur's profile photo
micadur
12/09/2015 10:14 a.m.

I had been aimed at an email from Abbott since the end of July and just receiving that next week I will receive another email with the intruptions to make the start of the start kit ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/10/2015 12:44 p.m.

@Micadur, I have been told that these days there are problems to send the sensors.I made the order on day 2 and they have already told me that this week will not arrive.If the order comes to you, you tell me that way I will call again.Thank you.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/10/2015 9:32 p.m.

@Anaisabel, the same thing happens to you.I asked my sensors on December 2 and even nothing: S I have sent an email to Abbott but they have not given me signs of life.Hopefully they arrive next week.

Canti_ara's profile photo
Canti_ara
12/10/2015 9:40 p.m.

@Canti_ara, I have spoken with them and they have told me that if I have not received any request for a request to make a complaint on Tuesday.Anyway, we will have to be patient

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/10/2015 9:46 p.m.

Well ... then we will wait, but it expires me on Monday.I do not understand why having so much demand does not have enough sensors available.

Canti_ara's profile photo
Canti_ara
12/10/2015 9:50 p.m.

They just sent me an email to buy it.It would be registered about 5 months.I'm glad who was waiting for you finally.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/10/2015 11:23 p.m.

Hello!

anaisabel said:
@mycadur, they have told me that these days there are problems to send the sensors.I made the order on day 2 and they have already told me that this week will not arrive.If the order comes to you, you tell me that way I will call again.Thank you.

Well, they must be having supply problems.If you made the order on day 2 and still nothing, imagine that I did it on the 8th. I enter daily and continue to be "On Hold", so we will have to continue being patient.I imagine that the fact of putting new people in the list will be making the orders of those who will already be common buyers delay.

It makes no sense (I insist) about the distribution system.Leave much to be desired if this is the reason, but in short, patience, hopefully they will improve, if they will really "end" the waiting list and include everyone.I mean, if you finally have units to be able to supply the demand they have, don't you tell me that now the problem will be the mass shipment?Or do they still do not have the necessary units and are still sending emails to buy?I hope they are normal once and for all.

artories said:
I have just sent an email to buy it.It would be registered about 5 months.I'm glad who I was waiting for you finally

Yes. It seems that it is confirmed that they are sending emails to a large part, if not to the entire waiting list.I'm glad that finally you will try/enjoy it.Of course, as you see, it seems that we will have to have a little more patience.

If during the next week I will not call them, to see how they go and if the batteries get a little.

When you have news please ... comment, okay?

All the best!

micadur's profile photo
micadur
12/11/2015 8:28 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.