{'en': 'I am Marta, I am 38 years old and I have been with type 1 diabetes 32 years without complications', 'es': 'Soy Marta, tengo 38 años y llevo 32 años con Diabetes tipo 1 sin complicaciones'} Image

I am Marta, I am 38 years old and I have been with type 1 diabetes 32 years without complications

MarMourenza's profile photo   06/09/2016 10:57 a.m.

I am one of those who always encourage and try to be positive, because this is what we have, I get up and fight thanks to the spirits that many you give me.

I try to encourage you to do sports because it is beneficial for our physical and psychic health, but I always say the same, it is more complicated, it is a pain, it is not easy, that is, normal I do not consider myself hahaha, there will be some saying "I know you are not very normal "hahaha, because it is true.If anyone follows me on Facebook, you will know continuous heads that I have on the training.

With diabetes we can be true, but it is not the same.The struggle and sacrifice we have to do is totally different.

And referring to whether diabetes limits us, it is a relative question because it depends on the desire we have to leave our skin and the last drop of blood, rather than those who are not diabetic if.

The comparisons that there are other worse things do not use me, because I don't even tell you if you also carry it in the other worse things, if the heart has already hit you some fat scare.

It is clear that we have to fight for our illusions to death but it is more complicated, it is also true that I think we are more fighters in general than those who are not sweet.

What a roll I just released hehehe.I hope you have understood me, I am not with a criticism of anyone, it is my humble opinion.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/12/2016 10:19 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

= D> = d> = d> = d>

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/12/2016 10:47 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@jconegar and @luvi I agree

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/12/2016 11:15 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello everyone
I debuted at 30 years.I am currently in 58. And yes, I have memory and memory of how I felt before being diabetic.Mine came about a stage of bestial stress at work.

I subscribe all the above for Luvi.I totally identify with your exhibition, your way of seeing, and living with this.His approach, his arguments and his way of relating to diabetes and facing it, which, right or not, convenient or not, is mine.

Luvi, you deserve all respect and admiration for the clear and forceful way that you have expressed your point of view about this that afflicts us.I could not express it better.

This opinion of mine is not at all a contempt or disqualification of other experiences spotted here, discordant with the point of view that I end up underlining.In particular I appreciate Marmourenza's words, because they are endearing, emotional and brave.

Yes I can tell you, finally, that having perfect memory and memory of how it was, I felt before I was diagnosed with diabetes, tell you that it is as if I lived now at night.Before it was the day for me.
So blunt.

Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
06/12/2016 11:44 a.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

@Sorprendido I do not like to know that you identify yourself, I am not an example at all, or anyone.Perhaps my way of being or facing this has done has been the one who has taken me to this situation, perhaps I do not have that courage that many demonstrate here, but at least I never say that I do not extend my hand to others.For what you need @Sorprende because if we are not close to here I will be for the wanting you need.All the best

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/12/2016 11:53 a.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

Well, that you give your help, it seems admirable and brave, it is always good for others to motivate us, my applause to all of you = D> = D> = D>>

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
06/12/2016 3:37 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Thanks @Luvi !!If in part I felt offended, but you are right that without diabetes I could also lead a healthy and orderly life.I suppose it is your way of facing life.One day I wonder what superpower I would have to have and I told him to be able to heal him and he told me to think something else that he was going to be very good, in fact it is.It is very positive, and I think that is good .... :)->-

Enma's profile photo
Enma
06/13/2016 10:43 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

It motivates me more to see that people have a hard time leading me, that not the people who say that it is nothing.I feel identified, supported, understood with the former, instead those who virtually say they love being diabetic sound to Flanders, false and is frustrating me to hear.I hope that the day a cure comes out if there is a lot of tail, the last ones voluntarily are voluntarily.But it gives me not, that it is actually only one pose.

Sometimes I also think they have another type of diabetes different from mine, or that they have Stockholm syndrome and feel more comfortable in jail that is this disease free.Something that on the other hand I understand in someone who has been born in this prison for more than 50 years or who was born practically inside.And orders would be felt outside that jail.

Although they may also simply lying to themselves so as not to seem negative and not discourage others (parents, children, other diabetics).But as a psychologist there is nothing more positive than openly recognizing what one feels as is, without masks, bothers who bothers.That helps others also open and in the end interactions are generated much more natural and healthy.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/13/2016 11:07 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Hello compis, I have read so much that do not even think doctors just say they take care of feedHe asked you know many type 1 people are 80 years old for example?Will we become old?Or as they say that our life expectancy is less

irene's profile photo
irene
06/14/2016 12:12 a.m.

@irene have always sold me that smoke, take care of yourself to be able to carry good diabetes and get to old, my mother still tells me.But life cannot be seen in the long term, but at the moment and instant of right now.Being diabetics we are not exempt from other misfortunes, so it is another reason to live from the moment and not look at the future.What can be reached at 80 years with diabetes?I do not doubt it, we will have even more and we will have not arrived.This disease requires a lot of sacrifice in all areas, it restricts you many things, it reduces you many others, etc ... Do not allow you to spend like me and lose or let time pass without enjoying or take advantage of it.Live and enjoy everything you can, being aware of the penance you carry with you and that you must make a pact with it to have a balance, otherwise enjoy the moment and do not think about something that is out of our reach.All the best.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/14/2016 9 a.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

@irene, in this forum there are older people who have been and without complications for many years, it occurs to me @ani that surely as soon as it will go to tell you, has diabetes more than 50 years ago.
Many moods!.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/14/2016 9:28 a.m.

If I have read about her, but Xicos had just been a mother and I was not a cossing of my illness so far and she was her face and think that I did not get older to see him is driving me crazy about this shit disease asked me a thousand timesPq pq pq but thanks xicos for your moods and I hope that I can write not by Aki when we are old signs that we are alive

irene's profile photo
irene
06/14/2016 10:40 a.m.

I have not even considered it ... once my doctor told me that there is no one who dies of diabetes, of course you are doing good control, but we are still the same thing you do not arrive through the diabetes and then you suffer a fulminating cancer.

We must not think about those things, you have to live day by day and we will see the future when I arrive, to think that it will happen within 30-40 years seems a bit ridiculous.

Enjoy what you have now !!

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/14/2016 1:22 p.m.

I am absolutely aware that this is not a path of roses, but even and I am not going to stay with the thorns, and there are many unfortunately.
We live with many sacrifices and without the absolute security that this is decisive when we are not going to develop complications, but it is clear that if we take care of the possibilities they increase, so we will have to try to try it!
That is why I agree that it is better to enjoy the day to day, although sometimes not thinking about the future is complicated.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
06/14/2016 2:08 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Thank you very much for sharing your story.
My baby was just a year when I debuted, now he is 5 years old

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
06/27/2017 11:47 p.m.

I always say that diabetes has never limited me and I have been almost 31 years old.
But I agree with @luvi when he says the advances are minimal.It is very true, for me a new prick, lancet or a new pump are not to throw rockets.
It also agrees that you can lead a healthy life without being diabetic.
And of course, I do not share when people say: I do not imagine my life without diabetes or there are worse things.If I imagine my life without diabetes, and of course there are worse things that I have lived very closely, but our illness is very silent, and no matter how much you take care of yourself, over the years it is going to an invoice to a greater or lesser extent. It is verySlave and heavy and I, at least it would be happier without her.
@Luvi, have you thought about putting a bomb?
I don't know if you are from Madrid, and if you are not, I don't know if they will put it

Maria elena's profile photo
Maria elena
06/28/2017 12:35 a.m.

@"Maria Elena" If I am from Madrid, do not contemplate the pump option for incompatibility with my work and the fear of for the sports I do can hurt.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/28/2017 3:15 p.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

Then I encourage @"luvi";);

Maria elena's profile photo
Maria elena
06/28/2017 5:33 p.m.

Maria Elena said:
I always say that diabetes has never limited me and I have been almost 31 years old, and will never.
But I agree with @luvi when he says the advances are minimal.It is very true, for me a new prick, lancet or a new pump are not to throw rockets.
It also agrees that you can lead a healthy life without being diabetic.
And of course, I do not share when people say: I do not imagine my life without diabetes or there are worse things.If I imagine my life without diabetes, and of course there are worse things that I have lived very closely, but our illness is very silent, and no matter how much you take care of yourself, over the years it is going to an invoice to a greater or lesser extent. It is verySlave and heavy and I, at least it would be happier without her.
@Luvi, have you thought about putting a bomb?
I don't know if you are from Madrid, and if you are not, I don't know if they will put it

I totally agree with you on everything you say.I try to be aware and live the day, if I want something or I like to fight for it, it makes me angry that diabetes also enters this game and makes life impossible.
Diabetes accompanies us in everything we do every day.
I think that all the people who have diabetes are great fighters, nobody who does not have diabetes really knows what we carry, as our brain does not stop working, we want or not, if we want to go well controlled without complications Diabetes has to be our partner.
For me, diabetes has only brought me something good and it is to meet wonderful people, it has made you discover things that I did not know that they existed, it is also true that I hope I could have known to be people drinking some reeds and laughing.
A hug

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/29/2017 8:27 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

marmonza said:
The first memories I have of diabetes with 6 years are the nights dying of thirst, I got up very slowly so that no one would hear me, I drank from the tap up to a chair because aThe glass did not calm the huge thirst.

But my mother always listened to me and got up, neither she nor I knew what was happening, my mother took me to the head doctor, her diagnosis was "as it shows that she is an only child ... say that she sleeps and does not do herCase, you will see how the pampering happened ", I and my twin are the littleof "youth diabetes".

I remember that I went with my parents to the doctor and they both cried, the doctor told them that nothing happened, that it was a very brave girl and asked me, what if?I said "yes" proud, and I kissed my mother.From that day I never saw them cry in front of me for this reason.

I remember that after that the entrance into the hospital, accompanied by my mother and my father, to a large dist usual of our house, I remember the punctures in the legs and arms with huge needles, remember the food without salt and the whole without sugar, I remember above all a day when I rebelled, they did not allow my mother to be while they punctured me and cried, I shouted, I kicked ....... my mother was behind the door suffering insurance more than me, in the end theThey let in and the nurse told him "This girl is very spoiled if she continues to see how she is ..." My mother replied "is a 6 -year -old girl who does not know very well that she is happening or why she changed herThe life suddenly is normal that he does not understand that he is happening and rebel. "That day I wanted her even more;)

I feel that I have had a very, very happy childhood, my sisters, my family, my friends have always made me feel very dear, and we have had a great time.

At 11, my twin sister told my mother that she was very thirsty, my sister knew, like me, what that meant, my mother did a blood and bingo test! My sister was also a diabetic, from thatWe were both, for better and worse.

We passed a rebel adolescence and many aspects, including the sugar that had been forbidden for years, sometimes we hid and eat jelly beans ..... that was a significant increase in glucose .... but at that time ....

After that time we left the house to go to university, it was an absolutely wonderful era ... of independence, of student life and to feel fully integrated, I introduced me to the faculty elections, we did miles for others, andIt seemed that we would change the world;).My sister and I ended right, and the part of separating, looking for work ....

Today I am 38 years old, I have no children (by my own decision) my sister has two precious children, I have a job that I love, I am divorced, I live alone and I am very happy, because if ..., and thinking about the past it isIt was not easy, but today diabetes and I, we have a mutual agreement of respect, of treatment of equal, in a sense I do not imagine without it, but I can say that we are friends and we know each other a lot, myLife to date has been full and happy.

:-$

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
07/03/2017 5:36 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.