{'en': 'I am Marta, I am 38 years old and I have been with type 1 diabetes 32 years without complications', 'es': 'Soy Marta, tengo 38 años y llevo 32 años con Diabetes tipo 1 sin complicaciones'} Image

I am Marta, I am 38 years old and I have been with type 1 diabetes 32 years without complications

MarMourenza's profile photo   06/09/2016 10:57 a.m.

The first memories that I have of the diabetes with 6 years are the nights dying of thirst, I woke up very slowly so that no one would hear me, I drank from the tap up to a chair because a glass did not calm the huge thirst.

But my mother always listened to me and got up, neither she nor I knew what was happening, my mother took me to the head doctor, her diagnosis was "as it shows that she is an only child ... say that she sleeps and does not do herCase, you will see how the pampering happened ", I and my twin are the littleof "youth diabetes".

I remember that I went with my parents to the doctor and they both cried, the doctor told them that nothing happened, that it was a very brave girl and asked me, what if?I said "yes" proud, and I kissed my mother.From that day I never saw them cry in front of me for this reason.

I remember that after that the entrance into the hospital, accompanied by my mother and my father, to a large dist usual of our house, I remember the punctures in the legs and arms with huge needles, remember the food without salt and the whole without sugar, I remember above all a day when I rebelled, they did not allow my mother to be while they punctured me and cried, I shouted, I kicked ....... my mother was behind the door suffering insurance more than me, in the end theThey let in and the nurse told him "This girl is very spoiled if she continues to see how she is ..." My mother replied "is a 6 -year -old girl who does not know very well that she is happening or why she changed herThe life suddenly is normal that he does not understand that he is happening and rebel. "That day I wanted her even more;)

I feel that I have had a very, very happy childhood, my sisters, my family, my friends have always made me feel very dear, and we have had a great time.

At 11, my twin sister told my mother that she was very thirsty, my sister knew, like me, what that meant, my mother did a blood and bingo test! My sister was also a diabetic, from thatWe were both, for better and worse.

We passed a rebel adolescence and many aspects, including the sugar that had been forbidden for years, sometimes we hid and eat jelly beans ..... that was a significant increase in glucose .... but at that time ....

After that time we left the house to go to university, it was an absolutely wonderful era ... of independence, of student life and to feel fully integrated, I introduced me to the faculty elections, we did miles for others, andIt seemed that we would change the world;).My sister and I ended right, and the part of separating, looking for work ....

Today I am 38 years old, I have no children (by my own decision) my sister has two precious children, I have a job that I love, I am divorced, I live alone and I am very happy, because if ..., and thinking about the past it isIt was not easy, but today diabetes and I, we have a mutual agreement of respect, of treatment of equal, in a sense I do not imagine without it, but I can say that we are friends and we know each other a lot, myLife to date has been full and happy.

MarMourenza's profile photo
MarMourenza
06/09/2016 10:57 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome Marta!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/09/2016 12:17 p.m.

Thank you!

MarMourenza
06/09/2016 12:18 p.m.

Welcome @marmourenza Your case reminds me of mine, I also start with 6 years, now I have 36, and I have a diabetic sister, although in this case I do not twin haha, she is smaller and she was the first with diabetes in the family,It has been the same years as you.
Pataleos at the beginning with the nurses to click on, rebel adolescence ... Come on that you could not have told it better.
Surely you will contribute a lot and if we can help you something, ask that we are all here :)

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
06/09/2016 5:53 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Welcome @marmourenza, I really liked reading your story.Clear case of living fully with diabetes !!And the fundamental role of parents in our disease.
All the best

Marga_rita's profile photo
Marga_rita
06/09/2016 6:32 p.m.

Welcome Marmourenza, I really liked your story, and congratulations on courage, I imagine that over the years diabetes has changed a lot, in many ways, as my doctor says you can live well with diabetes, not live forDiabetes, it is true that over time things are changing, now there are more means, there are progress in research, there are various research to eradicate diabetes, make it more bearable with new technologies, new MGC, more intelligent bombs and future pancreasbionic, etc etc to if with hope and patience it will take better to the possible cure.
cheer up
All the best

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/09/2016 8:04 p.m.

Hi @Marmourenza printed what you have, I made the 30 years sweet in January you take me a few more, that is, you can be my sweetness in sweetness even more than you.Thanks for telling your experiences.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/09/2016 8:06 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Well thanks for the hot reception !!!I hope to help what I can.@Gemater I think we have many points in common what surprise!I had never known another case of sisters with diabetes, is that better right?Making the guy pass me one of novorapid or a few strips ...;))
Thank you @marga_rita, I think we share more than diabetes for your photo, I have 2 hairy compis, one is blind and I am very encouraged is superlist and sometimes it crashes but I have never seen it surrender, like us !!
@antonimar thanks, the truth is that this was prehistory ... of the best things to date the freestyle (I do not separate from him ..)
@jconegar, hey thus thirty in diabetes, the best age:)>- I don't know if I can teach the truth a lot ... just as I do things, that many times I do not do them well ...

MarMourenza
06/10/2016 8:20 a.m.

Welcome @marmourenza, your story as such is emotional.But let's not fool ourselves, nobody and I repeat anyone getting used to and carrying diabetes no matter howThe beings around you and we are all looking forward to living with her.Come on, nobody would say I don't want to heal because I want to live with my diabetes.From friend Diabetes has rather little more like the typical sting that as soon as it brings you or itch, as well as.It is something that limits, conditions, restricts you, exhausts you, stress you, it is undermining and has more 24 hours of constant attention, that more than life or friend is a torture/condemnation.@antonimar advances in diabetes are null or insufficient.That some diabetics have helped them to have a better control of their diabetes, yes.But if to carry a sensor nailed to the body and its corresponding reception apparatus, carry a catheter and its corresponding device and that have expanded the action of insulin that is the most prehistoric that exists I do not see great advance and even less if we look at the parteconomic of all this.Regarding eradicating diabetes ???Let's not fool ourselves anymore, in this life that will not happen, we like or find it to believe, but that is reality.Research campaigns have been oriented more to the early treatment of good nutrition and fight against obesity and not to search or investigate a cure for those who already suffer from it, we have already given us lost.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/10/2016 8:47 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Hi @luvi, I partially understand what you say, but I tell you the truth I have not known life without diabetes, and for doing a metaphor, I prefer to get along with it and that we are good friends, I said it in this sense, in myCase has not made me unhappy the truth, I don't know what it is not to have type 1 diabetes, I don't have a life before and then.
And I am happy, yes, I carry it well, it is not easy, but it neither limits me nor has it ever limited me.I have done everything that has sorry.
It does not bother me to wear anything in my body because it helps me, it is possible that it is positive, but I am like that and I cannot even avoid it.

MarMourenza
06/10/2016 9:22 a.m.

I partially understand being used to if you had very young, but without like this, do not tell me that if they offer you the possibility of not having to be aware of a number, a schedule, to count, add, try to foresee, etc.... In short to feel freed and not think beyond what to be doing at that time, you were going to say that not because you are not used to that ??I don't believe it.I value people like you, who has managed to normalize this fucking disease, who has known how to live with her and has not limited her.I cannot say the same, that the fault is only mine, I know.But each person is a world and I have sunk mine since debuting in this, I change my way of being and life I see more as a day less than one day to enjoy.Moreover, it tires me more, it exhausts me mentally and I have more days of lowness and sadness than normality, despite carrying good control, but outside of what it encompasses to be with our friend, I have no more life.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/10/2016 9:33 a.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

The truth is, I do not live in another way, my sister debuted with 11 years and we thought very similar, and I have thought many times what you say if I could choose, because obviously I would not have it but I cannot, with which I only have to liveThus and settle for what has touched, I will not allow me to sink, and I tell you this having spent a terrible night with 30 at 10 at night ... (Summer things) putting the alarm clock every hour, andthat I live alone and I cannot download in anyone, and repeating Tomas because that did not go up until at 6 in the morning I relax a little until 7:30 that I wake up for work, but that I win with that more than boycott myself to mesame?

Anyway, I understand perfectly that with a before and then it is much more complicated, outside that I have been evolving for many years and that remains with respect to debuts in more adult moments.

I feel a lot that you feel like this, I am obviously nobody to advise you anything, nor do I intend, what if I wish you is that you allow you to destroy you, it is a complement to your life, not the center.

MarMourenza
06/10/2016 10:07 a.m.

Your story has excited me, it is optimistic and above all I like to see diabetes has not prevented you from doing what you want in your life.

Thank you for sharing it, helps see the optimistic side of life.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/10/2016 10:21 a.m.

@Marmourenza, my debut was with 12 years, not in adulthood, perhaps if it had been in adulthood and not when one is starting to live the result would have been different.Our dear "friend" is that grateful, from time to time it gives you that kind of unpredictable and intendable "satisfactions", another "good" thing that has to be diabetic Yuju.Anyway, we want or not to live with the ballast and cope with it, there is no other, but that this disease is a happiness to have it is a bit cynical, this disease is killing you, if I kill little by little one way or another.I go about 30 years with this "delight" and "happiness" and although I understand and I understand that for a prosperAnd false, I already sold my motorcycle in my debut taking advantage of the innocence of a 12 -year -old girl, but they don't sell it to me anymore.With this I do not want to criticize or offend the one who feels proud, gives thanks or is happy to suffer from diabetes.I am not, I repeat perhaps the problem is mine and not of diabetes, I am conscious, but before debuting it was not as a way of being and character what I am now (a soul in sorrow) and that I have let her doThe war can be, but it was something that since it appeared in me, I already had cattle, sooner or later.I applaud who lives happily and enjoy suffering this disease, but it is not widespread and I don't know if majority.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/10/2016 11:31 a.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

It is not that I feel proud or thank life for being diabetic, that is not, much less, but I do not recognize that my life would not be very different from today with or without it.

She is an inseparable partner, she has never rejected me for her and if I have not learned, I have done what I have wanted, studied and worked where I have proposed it, always with diabetes ahead.

And I am happy, then I have the life I want, with a husband and a wonderful son, I would not exchange my diabetes if it meant changing the life I enjoy now.

I would prefer not to be, that there is no doubt, but TB would prefer to have blue eyes, be taller and above all smarter, have an € 3 and charge € 2000, but well you can't have everything and today and today and todaySeeing what the sticks give life for no apparent reason and to all kinds of people, I prefer my diabetes than other diseases or other situations of life.

And what the hell!That you have to be happy with what you have, because life there is nothing more than one and you have to enjoy it !!

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/10/2016 12:02 p.m.

@Luvi, I really understand you and understand your why, I am not happy to have it, but I know that it has not influenced life except to worry about more things than the rest of the world.
I think many times in my "uncertain future", because yes, but if I allow that to influence my daily life the damage of diabetes would be double, on the one hand to have it and on the other I would not let me live peacefully.
And I keep saying that I am happy, I am, I have hard days, of course like everyone else but what cracks my head is not diabetes, they are the things I have to do the next day in my work, or things that IThey pass.
I did not speak before this because it still hurts, but I lost my mother 2 years ago, for a cancer against the one who fought for 5 years, he never lost the smile or the joy that perhaps inherited from her.The last time I talked to her when she was in the hospital we remember when we had been together in the hospital, we remember that I wanted to run away and made a escape plan, and we laughed a lot together with that and other things.
That is why I believe that life lives each as they want, and letting yourself be overcome is not an option because the damage is always double, we already have one, so we want more ...

MarMourenza
06/10/2016 12:26 p.m.

Welcome @marmourenza !!!For me it is important to read stories like yours.I feel identified with your mother, and I hope my son gets a life as full as yours.According to him, it is not so serious to have diabetes because he will be healthier than anyone (textual words).I hope you maintain that idea throughout your life, although we are now in adolescence and be more complicated for it for all the changes it supposes.
A great greeting and welcome again>: D <

Enma's profile photo
Enma
06/10/2016 12:58 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

@Enma You explained to you son that leading a healthy life has nothing to do with having or not diabetes?Bringing a healthy life depends on each one and I would not have needed diabetes to have it.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/10/2016 1:02 p.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

@Luvi I have not told him to have a healthy life for having diabetes.That is something that has meant, since he knows that he has to take care and lead an orderly life.
Do you know that sometimes you are offensive?Your comparative memories are insulting x (

Enma's profile photo
Enma
06/10/2016 1:16 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

@Enma,
Congratulations on having such a wonderful child!I am sure that your child will take it well, we all have moments, of course, but that diabetes does not prevent us from seeing the forest.

Many kisses to your son and you !!Life is to live it

MarMourenza
06/10/2016 1:21 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.