{'en': 'I am Marta, I am 38 years old and I have been with type 1 diabetes 32 years without complications', 'es': 'Soy Marta, tengo 38 años y llevo 32 años con Diabetes tipo 1 sin complicaciones'} Image

I am Marta, I am 38 years old and I have been with type 1 diabetes 32 years without complications

MarMourenza's profile photo   06/09/2016 10:57 a.m.

Thanks @Marmourenza !!!I will give you the kisses on your part, it is very affectionate so you will thank you: X

A kiss

Enma's profile photo
Enma
06/10/2016 1:26 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

I do not intend to offend anyone @enma, but I do not understand the diabetes relationship = care/lead a healthy/orderly life.Perhaps if your child was not a diabetic would not have that same faculty to take care and lead a healthy and orderly life, because I believe that if and by far ???.You think that without diabetes he would not have meant that, I think if ???That's why I still don't understand it.
P.S.I have not wanted to offend you or anyone and much less insult.So to avoid that I redo the previous comment.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/10/2016 1:28 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Welcome @marmourenza to me as the mother of a girl who has debuted with 2 and a half years (in March) I also liked to hear your story so positive.To me everyone tells me that as it has started so small, it will get to get used to better and, to see, although I would prefer of course I did not have it, I am trying by all the means that I see as something that is part of their life andThat she has to live with her not for her, although sometimes it is not easy for the surprises and limitations she gives, especially in food issues,
But thank God that every day there are more advances in everything: like the "fashion" of without added sugar that is very good or the freestyle that also helps.What I am a bit reluctant to believe, as they have said there, the theme of the final cure, until I see it I do not believe it ... but as long as you say, you have to live life !!

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
06/10/2016 3:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Marmourenza because I see what you said even in the descents with the heat we will go, and unfortunately we carry very similar lives in other aspects, my mother also died a few years ago, in her case Ela.As you say, we will have to think about the good times lived together, as in their strength and Valentia when facing it.Careful encouragement !!
@Enma Adolescence is the battle horse of most mothers already without your child having diabetes, so with it we tend to make you a little more difficult hahaha, so much encouraged the two

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
06/10/2016 4:20 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

My dear @marmourenza, I congratulate you enooooooooooo for your very positive comments on that "sweetness" we carry each one !!!!!!A sweet hug, and welcome to this interesting forum and we wait with great carino your comments very suitable and useful !!!& GT;: D<& GT;: D<& GT;: D<

ani's profile photo
ani
06/10/2016 6:03 p.m.

Thank you @gemater, it is true that we have a lot of things in common, the summer descents .... I thought it was me alone ... and some unfortunately ... nothing is easy, but the truth is my mother whoShe was a professor, who worked all her life who took us ahead of 4 daughters, of which we were diabetic, who looked like a warrior why she was passionate about life and who did not lose joy or in her worst moments, inspires me a lot every day,I know that I would look at me again and I would tell me I love you and I am still proud of you as always with a smile on my face (although I made her suffer more than I need ...)
It is true that I have thought and state around the head, I understand that this is difficult to carry and that I am nobody to advise anyone, each one carries it the best they can.
@Mariah14, you'll see how your little one takes it well, I think that the positive message is important, make her feel special, brave and that she feels good about herself, it is importance what you transmit, that it trusts her, that you know that she canand what can.Courage and many smiles: \ ">
Hi @ani thank you very much for your reception!I thank you very much: X

MarMourenza's profile photo
MarMourenza
06/10/2016 6:40 p.m.

@Gemater, now I am the "touched" forum, do I have to be grateful for it?And I suppose that before such an appointment, do I have to fill myself with happiness?To not give advice and not comment, you have described me hehehe.Well, nothing if so touched to be in my comments and I only give the negative part of diabetes and for your comment it seems that it bothers.There are 2 options I stop posting or that in the norms of forum you add that only positive comments can be made and talk about the happiness that gives us to be diabetic and solved matter.Because cynicism and hypocresia all of the world, since to throw in face the evils that we have commented in a post (it also seems that it bothers) there is no problem, to welcome and ask and contribute either, but to offer help to theneighbor, which is also diabetic like us, that is already peeling it and that each one holds their candle = d> = d> = d>.
Of the advances each has their criteria, there will be those who with the feathers already believe that it is a great advance.But for the century in which we are and especially in the technological, that meters, bombs, feathers, etc ... are not of a technology more chord and that the system says being the rudimentary of the puncture or inserted, I think that dislike orIt does not give rise to much hope to a cure.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/10/2016 11:04 p.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

Comment deleted

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
06/10/2016 11:33 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Welcome Marta and Mar, I believe that with that ectitude, everything becomes easier. My daughter also stretch and dirty, Ainque also has one day of downturn, but they are the least.
@Uvi, that insulin NPH is very slave and very unstable, life does not facilitate anything.Haven't you thought about moving to a new insulin?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/11/2016 12:12 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I no longer use Nph @regina, now I'm with threeiba and I don't know what to say, I save 2 punctures, yes.But having to inject the Tresiba at 17'30 in the afternoon, more than freedom, seems more limitation.I punish breakfast, food and dinner, before it was Hunalog+NPH, now I save the punctures because the whole basal is going in only one, but in the middle of the afternoon ..... it conditions me more, it will be getting used to or not.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/11/2016 12:23 a.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

@Luvi, but you can eat at any time ... and the Tresiba put it on when you come best ... when you eat if you want

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/11/2016 12:25 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

As the Endocrine has scheduled, I punctuate the fast at the same time as before, he made the meals at the same time and the only thing is that the Tresiba put it at 17.30 may be for my schedules and work, I do not know.It is supposed to have to measure tomorrow, no snack and mid -morning when I work I have to do and what is less or nothing is snacking.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/11/2016 12:34 a.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

We are going to have Luvi, having diabetes is not as bad as one wants to take it, we have to take into account that diabetes can be made a completely normal life, taking into account that diabetes does not destroy your body as other types of diseases, theDiabetes only affects poor diet (which would also affect people without diabetes) since eating sweets, fats, hydrates, etc etc according to research would also be related to some type of cancer, and by having diabetes you can also eat badly if you wantThe damage does it in the long term, but also aria people without diabetes.
As for research because if you want and you can undergo a pancreatic islet transplant and have a normal life, something that I know have had less luck with other types of diseases that have no choice (sclerosis, cancer, iPtusetc etc) people very close to me, and who told me on many occasions that would change for me without thinking about diabetes.
If it is true that many investigations are being done for the cure of type 2 diabetes and a little more left those of type 1, which is more difficult, but still is being investigated, and to conclude, be healthy, have diabetes or otherType of disease is that it has no hope, illusion, etc., I don't know what awaits life.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/11/2016 10:20 a.m.

@Antonimar I read well or not ??Pancreatic islets to cure type 1 diabetes?Are you telling me seriously ????I do not comment that then brings me consequences.
To say that s is investigating in type 2 diabetes, which is the one that is lately due to poor diet, overweight and sedentary, so that they do not become a type 1, it is much simpler, in fact the great campaign is to prevent and recommendhabits.If that is research ... I will be very wrong and its meaning, in type 1 is it different?Logically we are a good number of customers and well as it is not a disease considered unpleasant or deadly, such as others that you named, because the funds to investigate are limited.It is clear that the person who is worse than you, would change for someone who was something better than her, that occurs in all the facets of the human being.To the last better I will answer, I am not damaging the sensitivity of others.All the best

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/11/2016 10:34 a.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

A normal life ???I don't see anything normal.My life is not normal, at all.And I will continue to say.That I am not positive for saying this because I am sorry but it is the reality. There is nothing positive or normal to be diabetic or have diabetes.
@Uvi, I think like you.And please, say what you think would only be missing that we couldn't say it.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
06/11/2016 1:45 p.m.

Type 2 diabetes, are produced by several causes among them the poor use of insulin that if the pancreas manufactures, independent of obesity etc, diabetes do not say that it is in color of roses, it is true but there are diabetic people who with control that with controlIt makes a normal life, and no one can say that one thing or another cannot fall.If there is pancreatic cell phone transplant that with immunosuppressants you have no diabetes, and you make normal life, another thing is that you cannot pay it, but it is being done.
It is also true that there are diabetic people who do not know, and make normal life, so the advantage we have controlling it is that we have a better future.
Well is my opinion that is free

DiabetesForo
06/11/2016 1:56 p.m.

@antonimar I agree that with good control ... but at what price, with how much of sacrifice, with how many restrictions?We all know what this disease occupies at the day 25 hours and that the day is only 24 h.
I am type 1 diabetic, you are telling me that there is a cure for it, even if it is very expensive?Can you provide data, websites or something truthful in what to inform me about what you say?I feel so heavy @antonimar, but I have been in penance for more than 25 years and I have heard of everything.
PD I just read this link that I think is what you mean Link but notIt gives me any guarantee and much less reliability, apart from the news that the news is concise, little detailed and very very surreal, let's seem that they have found the magic alubia, in my modest opinion it smells a bit of smoke.
@Anaisabel I hope you don't think like me, I wouldn't like it.I prefer not to say what I think because I do not get anything positive, or any extended hand, I do not want other people, who are looking for another type of help/relief can generate discomfort.I wish that at all, I hope I could say that within what the diabetes entails, I had a full life and was happy, but it is not so and I am solely responsible for that for the reasons not for diabetes.Anyway @anaisabel anything you need here I am.all the best

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/11/2016 3:04 p.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

Hi@Marta !!Welcome to the forum!!I am Alicia and I have been with DM1 for 10 months, well, what is the same a weirdo.
I really liked your story, despite the disease this and others you can put a smile into life.
We read here.

DiabetesForo
06/11/2016 4:30 p.m.

Hi @Luvi What are you a boxer??I thought you liked cats.hahahaha a greeting.

DiabetesForo
06/11/2016 4:32 p.m.

Hahaha @alicia and luck you are not to find myself in a dark place, but gives you some of the scare hahahaha

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/11/2016 5:39 p.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.