{'en': 'Drawing Diabetes Disaster', 'es': 'Cajón desastre de preguntas sobre diabetes'} Image

Drawing Diabetes Disaster

pike's profile photo   10/14/2015 9:51 p.m.

@pike @alicia has created a new theme with glucose curves, the truth is that it is not the first time the debate appears, and so far, I think we have not addressed it thoroughly, I invite you to read it.;)

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
10/19/2015 4:05 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@pike will download safely.I had it in 14 to the diagnosis, at 2 weeks I had dropped to 11 and at 3 months, 5.5 !!!If possible!If possible!Keep doing it well and you'll see how.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
10/20/2015 12:05 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Fer Thank you!!!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/20/2015 11:45 a.m.

@Aliciaalicia told me that if I should be before meals between 80-100 (fair values ​​because I look for a pregnancy) the maximum after eating is to reach 120-140.
Regarding putting corrections or values, I have the Aviva Expert where all those data already put me and the device tells me whether or not this.I don't know if your case will be

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
10/23/2015 9:25 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Ok: I have 2 fast units at each meal and 8 slow before sleeping.But the amounts of hydrates are different and for the same insulin units I can eat 4 rations or 2 and right now I do not see the explanation.

pike's profile photo
pike
10/28/2015 10:51 a.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

I understand that they calculate according to insulin and HC needs, taking into account that our body does not have the same needs all day.Maria started with 6-2-6-2-6, we changed to 4-2-4-2-4 and now it is with 6-2-4-2-4, if the values ​​are normal and HC 4-2,5-8-2.5-6.At the Tinene breakfast plus dose and less HC than at food or dinner.
I don't know if it serves something @pike, I have died more.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/28/2015 11:19 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@pike normally insulin needs vary throughout the day, endocrine usually give us a bolus for each meal or time of day.The Bolus is the insulin relationship that you must put on each HC unit that you eat.
In my case breakfast until 11h 0.6 IU/ 1 U HC.If breakfast later 0.4 IU/ 1U HC.Which means that if as 3HC before 11h I put myself (0.6x3) = 1.8.If breakfast later (0.4x3) = 1.2
It depends on the time my insulin needs vary, just like everyone.I ignore the decimals, which I can modify like this because I carry a bomb, your case will be different

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
10/28/2015 12:57 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Gemater is not my case, I have Lantus 7 uni.At night and for now nothing more.If I am more than 120 before the meals I would have a newpid Ponwr 2 so I always justify and then give me values ​​of 160 and 170 then I am worried. But as the doctor told me that if I went up to more than 300Then I corrected.

DiabetesForo
10/28/2015 1:40 p.m.

Each case is individual and, above all, what the endocrine tells us.If it is obvious that the rations of hydrates have to come depending on your day to day, what I did not know is that insulin also vary (which does) as much as to cover with the same amount 4 rations of hydrates in the morning or2 In the snack.All this comes to the head of my head if something really happened when increasing the snack with the same amount of insulin.

pike's profile photo
pike
10/28/2015 1:45 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

Normally in the morning there is more insulin resistance and more units are needed for the same HC even less, we have different needs throughout the day and sometimes are times, as @rociolinares told you and

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/28/2015 3:25 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@pike probably if you increase the intake of HC units and do not modify the insulin will upload 2h after snacking.I see that you have a little with diabetes, so maybe they didn't tell you anything about Bolus ... etc.
I also don't know if your doctor told you to take to the table what you have to eat, it may be in the principles or debuts (I hate that word) this goes like this, but apart from the fact that each diabetes is a world, each person the same byHabits, customs, jobs.
As you handle more, talk to your endocrine and he will say what to do in each case.If you go out to eat, if one day you have a party, meet, wedding ... etc, or if you simply feel like eating a little more or if you do sports.The same for corrections in case of being a little higher as Alicia says.

@Aliciaalicia I don't know very well if you carry a lot or not, but it seems for what you say you carry insulin little.Bolus are only to calculate ultra fast insulin needs that each one puts at eating HC (Humalog, Apidra, Novorapid ... etc) The lantus is a basal and normally the pattern in endocrine, that if I do notmodifies.If you see that you are very fair comment with him on the next visit.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
10/28/2015 3:52 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Gemater I have only been for three months or so.In a couple of weeks I will have my next appointment with the endocrine and if I will tell you good rather you will see it because I carry all the measures pointed before and after each meal.

DiabetesForo
10/28/2015 3:59 p.m.

For breakfast you always need more insulin, there are some morning hormones that go up ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/28/2015 4:34 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina If it is true that because of the phenomenon of ALBA and according to indica, it is common that in the first hour more insulin is needed, but in my case the lowest bolus I have at breakfast, I put more insulin at the time of the time of theDinner and food.I guess in this also each one is a different case

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
10/28/2015 8:35 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Then you have the pump very well regulated.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/28/2015 11:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

It is essential that you tell these things to the doctor, because if we think that more insulin is needed by the Alba phenomenon but we actually suffer the somogoyi effect we can liar!

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
10/28/2015 11:18 p.m.

I would like to meet someone with the Somogyi effect .., I have never seen it ... and I don't believe it ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/28/2015 11:23 p.m.

regina said:
I would like to meet someone with the somogyi effect .., I have never seen it ... and I don't believe it ..

Well, given its nature it is not usually "see", in the sense that you can have one or several nights in isolation and attribute the effects to any other cause

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
10/28/2015 11:33 p.m.

@Regina, I already put a graph that now the MCG looks perfectly, it happens to me with "relative", ofeaten more to overcome the descent,
I put a graphic to @Afterego but only the climb is seen
Not only passes at night

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/28/2015 11:42 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

The Somogy effect is quite documented and I suppose that obviously exists but I wonder if there are people who are more sensitive than another because I really is that until today I have not lived in my meats.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
10/29/2015 12:26 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.