{'en': 'Drawing Diabetes Disaster', 'es': 'Cajón desastre de preguntas sobre diabetes'} Image

Drawing Diabetes Disaster

pike's profile photo   10/14/2015 9:51 p.m.

All those questions that appear on a diabetic day to day and that do not enter directly on the rest of the issues because they are too simple or something.I don't know about you but thousands come out and, not finding a specific section, I dare to expose them here.Can you help me?

For example:

1) After putting insulin, you should not shower because it enhances its assimilation but how long should you wait if you want to shower?5 minutes?1 hour?

2) We agree on which are less advised but, what if I want to take some chocolate?Doing doing so in the period of effect of rapid insulin would be the most advisable?How much should you take?1 ounce?Is that a lot?To be within the period of effect of insulin justifies "go crazy" with food?

pike's profile photo
pike
10/14/2015 9:51 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

1) First news, in 20 years I have not noticed any variation in whether or not I shower after clicking.I guess it will accelerate metabolism a bit but I don't think it's very important.

2) I take food with more sugar as dessert, after a good meal, the assimilation of this is quite slows down and does not produce a very high peak, if you adjust the rapid insulin well, it may not even upload more.If one day I feel like taking something with a lot of sugar and I do not want to wait for what I do is that I take it very slowly and measure the blood glucose several times.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/14/2015 10:07 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Well, and this is quite linked to the theme of punctures,

* Are we always going to be clicking so much?Do you click so much throughout the day to measure glucose or already, with experience, can you notice it in your body?

pike's profile photo
pike
10/14/2015 10:37 p.m.

If your treatment is slow basal insulin + ultra -grape insulin seems to me that you will not have a choice that control yourself so many times a day.Maybe veterans can know how to find out without clicking at two hours if you were wrong with the fast at each meal.Today, I don't know how to recognize if I'm high without controlling me.If for whatever you have not calculated the rations or the dose of fast insuluna, you have to correct yourself, so so much puncture.So, unless you are DM 2, it gives me that you do not get rid of the controls.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
10/14/2015 10:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

1) The thing of not being able to shower is whether you shower with very hot water since the effect of insulin can be accelerated, but come on, if you show yourself with warm water you will not notice anything

2) Chocolate itself does not rise too much glycemia since it usually has fat that slows absorption.At a fast climbing level, a juice is much worse or depends on fruits than most pastels, cakes, etc ...

About clicking so much because I am sorry to tell you that it will always be so, unless you wear a continuous dexcom type meter or free freestyle.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
10/14/2015 10:57 p.m.

Ah, and to me the black chocolate value without added sugars does not upload the glucose, and if as you say, I take it while the effect of the rapid lasts, I do not even tell you.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
10/14/2015 11:03 p.m.

You can shower whenever you want and eat whatever you want.Of course, control your glycemias measuring you, there is no other way.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
10/14/2015 11:51 p.m.

Thank you very much to everyone.

The shower said it directly because I am from showers from which the skin of the heat is melted ^^

pike's profile photo
pike
10/15/2015 9:42 a.m.

@xorxie, when I am high (high above 230 plus less) I put on my pasty mouth, the thick saliva, I do not know if you have ever noticed it, it is very typical

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/15/2015 10:50 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Regarding the showers, I have not noticed anything.And chocolate, I buy it without sugar and although it carries polyalcohols, it barely varies and less if it is after a meal (type like dessert).I also notice that if I take cheese cake in a restaurant after a good meal (with a fast point) solved .. come on I feel better than a damn cookie in the morning.It is to study and catch him the point.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
10/15/2015 12:03 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

To my lately I notice the hypos (or, at least, the significant descents) in the difficulty swallowing.That discomfort you feel in your mouth begins to be very characteristic.Apart from that, I still do not identify that it is hip and hyper as symptoms in my body without measuring it.

pike's profile photo
pike
10/15/2015 12:18 p.m.

I come that new doubts.I tell you:

Relatively I carry my data within the range in which they must be.It is true that sometimes 2 hours after the snack they come together with the measurement of the start of dinner and the data dance the lambada a bit.But they have not risen scandalously.I worry more, and look that nonsense, the data that catches glucosyl hemoglobin in January.A month ago, when they diagnosed me, I had it in ¡13!And I am afraid that he has not lowered much even though sugars are a thing of the past in my diet.Can it happen that, regardless of your effort, the results are not what you think?Won't it be a good reason to have an emotional mini?

pike's profile photo
pike
10/18/2015 10:53 p.m.

Glycosylated hemoglobin is the average of 3 or 4 months, which if you currently stay at acceptable levels you will have it very well in January.Don't worry

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/18/2015 11:15 p.m.

Pike, glucòmetters have a function to see the average glucose of a month. You can give you a good approach to hemoglobin, if you become quite a few controls.
With an average of 120, the Hemo is in 6. There are tables.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/19/2015 12:46 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello good morning, I ask this question in the Pike disaster drawer.What glucose measures would be good at two hours of having eaten dinner or breakfast ????

DiabetesForo
10/19/2015 10:49 a.m.

Joseludi said:
glucosylated hemoglobin is the average of 3 or 4 months with which if you currently stay at acceptable levels you will have it very well in January.Don't worry

Here you can read more about glycosylated hemoglobin or HBA1C.;)

HBA1C as a diagnostic method of diabetes - news about ...
The determination of HBA1C has several advantages over blood glucose, but its exclusive use can present problems, this being the issue that the ...
Link
Anemia distorts HBA1C - Diabetes news • Diabetes ...
Glycosylated hemoglobin (HBA1C) is used almost universally to help doctors in the diagnosis of type 2 diabetes. However, a new ...
Link
my HBA1C - Diabetes Questions • Diabetes Forum
With these glycemic indices estimated - with the famous HBA1c formula = (Media glycemia+46.7)/28.7 - that my HBA1C could walk around 6.10%.
Link
HBA1C How long do you review it and how?- Experiences with ...
I have the habit of the newspaper analysis (e.g. Annual Labor Review) to see the HBA1C, apart from this, promptly when I ...
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
10/19/2015 10:53 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@pike It is normal for you to have left you high, keep in mind that you would take months with diabetes before diagnosis, so I am reading you are doing absolutely great, so of mood nothing !!By the way, until you take about 2 or 3 weeks with the level of sugar more or less stabilido you do not go to graduate the glasses.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
10/19/2015 11:55 a.m.

Pike, Maria when she entered she had a 13.5 hemo, and in less than two months she dropped to 7.5.So surely you get down, and a lot.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/19/2015 12:06 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Thank you very much to everyone.

The truth is that the glasses thought to wait for the gossip of the retina to gossip me, which I have at the end of November.Then I will go to graduate.

@Aliciaalicia, haven't you given the acceptable range in your doctor?Well, I guess it's general.They told me that before it should be between 70 and 130 and then (at 2 hours) between 140 and 180.

pike's profile photo
pike
10/19/2015 1:14 p.m.

@Pike, they have not given it to me, only have they told me that if before eating passage of 120 then put 2 of Novorapid.But they have not told me that it would be normal 2 hours later.

DiabetesForo
10/19/2015 3:34 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.