{'en': 'Diabetic breakfast', 'es': 'Desayuno Diabetico'} Image

Diabetic breakfast

DiabetesForo's profile photo   07/14/2016 3:14 p.m.

Hello everyone!
Again opening a new thread in the forum with the idea of ​​sharing our day by day and experiences of each.

Personally, breakfast of bread with cheese and ham and with milk I apply 2 or 3 humalog units and usually almost always reached lunch, the bad thing of the bread is that the rise peak is very strong.

There are many options surely.

I am attentive to your useful comments.

Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/14/2016 3:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, I think it happens to us all ... the breakfast peak is inevitable ... I today at 210 and at half an hour 73 :( if I get more insulin I do not lower my peak, it produces hiccups, and if I wear lessThe peak is more time ... never success.
I have tried with whole wheat bread, normal integral bread, of mold, without mold .... no matter ... everyone uploads me, what varies is the time I am more than 200. Also with muffins, cookies, etc..... only breakfast 3 rations and one is milk ... but it doesn't matter ... I take it with me.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/14/2016 3:40 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
Well I think it happens to us all ... the breakfast peak is inevitable ... I today to 210 and at half an hour 73 :( if I wear more insulin no no insulinLower the peak, it produces hiccups, and if I put less my peak it is more time ... never success.
I have tried with whole wheat bread, normal integral bread, of mold, without mold .... no matter ... everyone uploads me, what varies is the time I am more than 200. Also with muffins, cookies, etc..... only breakfast 3 rations and one is milk ... but it doesn't matter ... I take it with me.

If it seems inevitable but it is true.
I also congratulations what good values ​​you have.

DiabetesForo
07/14/2016 3:54 p.m.

My daughter breakfast 4 rations, 1 milk and 3 cereals, muffins, toast or cookies .... depends on what you want.The point is that we tried everything to avoid the peak and nothing at all, it seemed not to take effect until after 3 or 4 hours, this while I went to school, weekends included, it has been the holidays and as if not having breakfast.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
07/14/2016 4:12 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

sprinkle said:
my daughter breakfast 4 portions, 1 milk and 3 cereals, muffins, toast or cookies .... depends on what you want.The point is that we tried everything to avoid the peak and nothing at all, it seemed not to take effect until after 3 or 4 hours, this while I went to school, weekends included, it has been the holidays and as if not having breakfast./Blockquote>
The heat may affect me to lower the faster glycemia.

DiabetesForo
07/14/2016 4:21 p.m.

I have also tried my daughter of everything and no matter cereals, cookies, bread ... some more peak than others but peak equally and I think ... it won't be the "rebound effect" for being fasting for several hours ???

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
07/14/2016 4:36 p.m.

The peak is inevitable.So that it is not so pronounced m inyesto of rapid the double by ration plus two more of tip and m works.
Being 100 two hours later would be ideal, but if you go from 180 knowing that then I do not see a problem.If you go too much later it is a slow problem.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
07/14/2016 5:24 p.m.

anaisabel said:
the peak is inevitable.So that it is not so pronounced m inyesto of rapid the double by ration plus two more of tip and m works.
Being 100 two hours later would be ideal, but if you go from 180 knowing that then I do not see a problem.If you go down too much later, it's slow problem.

Totally agree.

DiabetesForo
07/14/2016 5:27 p.m.

I double dose @anaisabel, that's why I am later in free fall and I enter Hicm.
@Afterego ... I have good values ​​because with the heat the blood glucose has been lowered to me a lot to I am still in honeymoon.But on Monday and Tuesday the female hormones played it, as you see in the photo .... Two or three days a month Insulin is water in my body.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/14/2016 5:29 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

That last graph @ruthbia do you see it bad?

Anaisabel
07/14/2016 5:39 p.m.

Yes ... because I'm out of my threshold.It is supposed to be below 120-130 after two hours of starting to eat and on Monday I was above the day.
Pre-manstruation ... If I tell you that I only had breakfast a glass of milk and put on 2 insulin and I couldn't lower anything.Don't even take anything in the middle of the morning that I normally need it so as not to enter hiccup.Duplicate my usual doses in each meal but there was no shape.They are always 2-3 days a month, after suddenly well.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/14/2016 5:45 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

That same was going to say, only a 200 and do you see it bad ????It's great to be hormones!My daughter has been seasons like that, not two or three days, rather weeks, with 14 years it is in full revolution and we have come to be in more than 300 and glycemias or flinch with rectifications.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
07/14/2016 5:46 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

That graphic say what you say is perfect.

Anaisabel
07/14/2016 5:48 p.m.

Well, I'm still a honeymoon ... something will do, right?
Except for the week that Diabetes detected, I have never seen more than 280 in my measures.I control a lot what as and the amounts ... incidentally it helps me to maintain the line.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/14/2016 5:48 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I also control and have two hundreds in a whole day and above after eating is perfect.When you see a 300 that will be!

Anaisabel
07/14/2016 5:51 p.m.

Well, sure it gives me a scare!@-)
I will break my head thinking about what to eat to improve ... I suppose the endo will change my insulin;Now I use very little.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/14/2016 5:54 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

You can eat everything.Calculate and click.I spent many years that I prohibited many things, now not.When I don't know how exactly I have testing until they give in the nail.Towards fourteen years that I did not eat a sweet from my town and now one day for breakfast ñam ñam :)
Well, if you have always been told that you get the same as quickly there, but I don't understand it.

Anaisabel
07/14/2016 5:59 p.m.

anaisabel said:
that last graph @ruthbia do you see it bad?

I don't see it bad either, it has not even gone from 200 in 24 hours.
@Ruthbia I would like to have that graph!

DiabetesForo
07/14/2016 6:12 p.m.

Another that adds to breakfast peaks and as @ruthbia says I tasted all kinds of breads, milk, jugs without sugar, avenas and various cereals.If I get more insulin as @anaisabel the peak says is within a goal but I know that at 2 hours I would have to eat or insured hypo.Once trying to look for an explanation, I thought that the body is 7-8 hours in the inactive bed after insulin is as if it cost him twice to take effect, file X. I was also tempted to start having breakfast based on protein, eggs, turkey, nuts, tea or coffee with very little milk but I don't think it is the healthiest in the world although everything is getting used, I was even thinking of not having breakfast anything to keep the glycemia stable unless it was to do sports ...

In fine, that all breakfasts with low glycemic index that you put here will be well received and I will sign them up in the notebook ...;)

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
07/14/2016 6:46 p.m.

Don't have breakfast ??? .... what sin;)

Anaisabel
07/14/2016 6:50 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.