Amazon sensors

morgana's profile photo   09/08/2016 11:10 a.m.

In Dexcom that of great constant differences to capillary does not exist.Well yes, for a very small percentage that often seem commercial to free that pay them to crack.Or people who do not know how to use it and when to calibrate it (this is very important):

With Dexcom you can prick insulin without checking with capillary thanks to its great precision, in fact it is approved for it.

I do kickboxing, boxing and mma, which has grips and projections.They hit me in the Dexcom, they grab me and fall on the Dexcom, and nothing happens.But of course I get it well fixed, full coated by Kinesio Tape ("Physio Shirt") and when training a layer of Hydrofilm.It is also true that where I carry it (lower back) is more protected than if it took it on the arm.
For this of contact sports, free would be much better due to its shape and design.Less bulky and it does not look like half a blow.

Taking a device nailed all day that in the psychological aspect affects me a lot, although physically do not notice.

I do not try to convince anyone, I don't care, as if I only use it throughout Spain.

But perhaps we would have to give it a chance, the bad thing is that it is so expensive that it is a robbery.

Let's see if new MCG are leaving and alternatives are expanded and moderating prices.Right now Dexcom has a position of power of which he takes advantage and many are ruining ourselves as punishment for being chronic patients.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/13/2016 1:25 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Let's see ... the mcg free, Nanai of China ...His reliability, because I have not tried it (although I have here a sensor for the day I want to do it, that I have no interest, because as I say, it is not MCG and it does not work for me).And of the duration of sensors, because there is ...

I can tell you about my experience that it is already going for almost 10 years (from the first dexcom that came out) that is totally reliable, I say high and in capital letters ... I also say that people who put it a sensor, do not reachUnderstand it or enjoy it, because you are with other things in the head, that if it takes off, where to put it, etc ... but once you do to him and all that is resolved ... 100%reliability, and when it is not reliable, You know (because it is at the end of the useful life, or a "rare" sensor), but again, over time, not with 2 sensors.

On the bomb, I give you the reason, I don't want it either, go with cables ... or pussy .... that's why I said the Omnipod that it is a wireless bomb (which I would not want).The patch stuck (and the pasta) is the price to pay for living well, now each one decides ... I would not carry a nose piercing, and hey, there are people who carry and taste it, because there each one.

I only encourage you to try, a good time, a dexcom (not free, because they have nothing to do), and then, tell me.If you do not want to take the patch, or you cannot, because it is another issue.
But I assure you that carrying this clock (or without it, the receiver, but the clock is the most comfortable), which marks the time, and also, you see the level of glucose you have (interesting, but not relevant) and aboutEverything, the arrows with their graph, because that is priceless, and the rest ... the mastercard.Nothing to pass receptor through the arm ... or fall asleep and not let you know ... no, no ... mcg real .... you will realize that you can do many more things, and things that otherwise orYou would consider it ... with a shallow naturalness, but it is normal ... You think you are at all times seeing your glucose level and trends (it goes up, it remains, or low, and according to that, you act).

Look, when I debuted, I always dreamed of this, with the McG (there was not yet), Joer a fighter device that marked me at all times how I am ... and once they already took it out, well ... "II healed "(it is a way of speaking), I no longer need them to invent more insulins, I do not notice or advance in that aspect ... I don't care ... but do not take continuous measurement.

Imagine for a moment with a clock (there are girls, eh? Roses, round ...) that marks you as you are right now, simply looking at the time ... and yes, it is reliable, it is very precise, inHow much you know him, he is nailed.
And if it lasts 2 weeks like me, then ... to bother how I do it seeing those who last 4-5 weeks (which are normally because they are much more controlled and have much more stable glucose and tables, I haveproven that peaks is what wears the sensors ...).But I insist, go to bed, close your eyes and know that you have the Dexcom on the bedside table that will notify you if there is a descent or below a level ... I do not change it for anything in the world (or for 50puppies of those that detect the hypos, which is to split the chest with them;)).

Come, what is said, each one who carries it the best you can, and if you have occasion, try the real MCG, and spend a box (2 months of use at least), then values.

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
09/13/2016 1:30 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

The dexcom-clock has left me impressed, I did not know that it existed

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/13/2016 2:57 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina Link

Look at mine: Link Link

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/13/2016 3:02 a.m.

I love it!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/13/2016 3:15 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

jconegar said:
@Pabloj2000 fully financed there are several positions already under those conditions.I think only in Andalusia.

We are in Cádiz and here the head of endocrinology of the hospital doesn't even know what Dexcom is ...

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
09/13/2016 8:50 a.m.

@Con_q_de_quimica That is how here that the educator in diabetes did not want to put bombs, not because there were only because she did not know the market.
Get in the pump FB group and with tact question.
And sincerely go endo and on top.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/13/2016 9:43 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@Regina If the Dexcom helps you live better lkevar glucose on a smartwatch helps you make a thousand more decisions daily, and if you do sports or tell you

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/13/2016 9:45 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

regina said:
I love it!

How artories has commented, you could get with the XDrip ("homemade" method) or with the G4 With Share (which did not reach Europe), which is the cleanest and most reliable method (in my view).You need nothing more to activate the Bluetooth of the receiver (look at the upper left, it is like a normal G4, but with that option), and already send the data to the xDrip (you can upload them to the cloud if you want, too) or send themdirectly to the clock, without any extra device as I do.
Of course, the G4 With Share is the greatest advance of Dexcom after the G4 to dry, and it is the receiver that we would all have to have (with him, nor would the XDRIP exist), because after all, at the cost or technology level,The enormous advantages of adding to the receiver the simple Bluetooth chip ... another world is ridiculous.

Having to wear a clock, for me, is a task since I have never used it and I find myself uncomfortable (I prefer to take the patch, a clock) but I admit that it is very comfortable for working and active life ... to be at homeWith shoes, I already get with the receiver (and I forget clock and mobile).Come on, it is a sacrifice that must be done for increasing quality of life.

greetings

pabloj2000
09/13/2016 7:01 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

con_q_de_quimica said:
jconegar said:
@Pabloj2000 fully financed there are several positions already under those conditions.I think only in Andalusia.

We are in Cádiz and here the head of endocrinology of the hospital does not even know what Dexcom is ...

Against that, you can't fight ... "It is very bad" "is that they don't work" and other things ... or "leave inventions and you do what I tell you" ....

I am very clear that only a few endocrine, of the good ones (and I know one, which was the one that introduced me to Dexcom when you could only bring it from the USA, and to which I have in a very high esteem, as a professional and as a person),They are involved in all this -Tecnology-, and only they know what "a comb is worth."The rest, well very well, I tell you what you have to do yes or if ... the hours ... meals ... and you bring me the notebook, to the pencil to be possible ... and I do not continue ...Prehistoric.
At the time I have seen, in an endocrinology plant, of a public hospital, a conference of the chuchos (dogs) theme that detect hypoglycemia, then ... I have them in very low esteem (a dog vs. a clock ...Coña are these gentlemen).

Greetings

pabloj2000
09/13/2016 7:14 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

It is the second time that you throw something just for defending yours, I mean the dogs not chuchos, I hope you are a little more respectful of the subject and more if you do not know it.

fjf's profile photo
fjf
09/13/2016 7:51 p.m.

Ok, my apologies who have felt offended for calling dogs chuchos.But on the topic "VS MCG (clock)" I firmly think how I have expressed it.And to me offends me that they dedicate space and public time to this system (to call it in some way) "of the dogs", having the advances that we have that could be applied to a great part of the type I diabetics. But hey,That said, each one defends theirs, that if the social ss paid me the dexcom, to all the others that a dog gives them :).
Greetings

pabloj2000
09/13/2016 8:13 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Pabloj2000 said:
ok, my apologies that you have felt offended by calling dogs chuchos.But on the topic "VS MCG (clock)" I firmly think how I have expressed it.And to me offends me that they dedicate space and public time to this system (to call it in some way) "of the dogs", having the advances that we have that could be applied to a great part of the type I diabetics. But hey,That said, each one defends theirs, that if the social ss paid me the dexcom, to all the others that a dog gives them :).
Greetings

In something we agree are not comparable or the smallest, for me there is no VS, if I consider them perfectly complementary methods, for me that also finance the MCG.

fjf's profile photo
fjf
09/13/2016 8:18 p.m.

With all my respects (and trying to be as "careful" as possible not to hurt sensibilities), comparable are not, obviously (although some media sell it to us as an "advance" or something "incredible" for diabetics, which repeats mequite -with the ignorance of people on this subject -and complementary, because ... either (and we talk about the dog "trained for that certain function", detect hypoglycemia) .... They are as complementary as a catan MCG ... or a parrot and the MCG .... or a lettuce and the MCG ... you can have them, but the one that will monitor your glucose levels is the MCG, the other is a totally expendable additionthat you like and seems perfect (and without pretending to enter emotional and similar issues, which can also be relevant).I think that those in this forum (and I hope not to make mistakes) what we want is for the SS to pay us new devices (technology) that facilitate life with our problem, which is where the future is goingWho weighs him.And that would happen to facilitate, first to children, the MCG (I understand it perfectly, if I was the father of a diabetic child, which luckily is not the case, it would have to be mandatory, for their quality of life, and that of the parents), and then others.

That said, I have tried to be as correct as possible, and if I have said something offensive (because here I do not know who I am talking to), it is not my intention.

Greetings

pabloj2000
09/13/2016 8:46 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I with Dexcom never have differences of 40-50.If I had them, I would throw it in the trash.Being stable I have differences of 10-15 maximum.If you are going up or down for the topic of delay when measuring in interstitial liquid

albertot's profile photo
albertot
09/13/2016 11:49 p.m.

Pabloj2000 said:
with all my respects (and trying to be as "careful" as possible not to hurt sensibilities), comparable are not, obviously (although some media sell it to us as an "advance"Or something "incredible" for diabetics, which repeats me quite -with the ignorance of people on this subject -and complementary, because ... either (and we talk about the dog "trained for that certain function",detect hypoglycemia) .... They are as complementary as a cat a mcg ...Glucose is the MCG, the other is a totally expendable addition that you like and seems perfect (and without pretending to enter emotional and similar issues, which can also be relevant).I think that those in this forum (and I hope not to make mistakes) what we want is for the SS to pay us new devices (technology) that facilitate life with our problem, which is where the future is goingWho weighs him.And that would happen to facilitate, first to children, the MCG (I understand it perfectly, if I was the father of a diabetic child, which luckily is not the case, it would have to be mandatory, for their quality of life, and that of the parents), and then others.

That said, I have tried to be as correct as possible, and if I have said something offensive (because here I do not know who I am talking to), it is not my intention.

Greetings

I don't follow, I know how this ends and it's not worth it ...
By the way, father of a diabetic child, formed in engineering, free user and assistance dog, you know who you are talking to.
All the best.

fjf's profile photo
fjf
09/14/2016 8:24 a.m.

No, it's not worth it.Each one who decides and thinks freely.By the way in your case, and since you count it.With the dog and free you get a continuous pseudo, now I understand that they "complement" since the free is not MCG and has no alarms, and the dog has one ... but McG and dog do not complement each other.If you test a real MCG (be it Dexcom or Medtronic) you can do without the dog and free, and with better results (many more alarms and possibilities).But what each one who does what he wants does.I also dedicate myself to the technological sector, and I love it.Greetings

pabloj2000
09/14/2016 11:16 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

@Pabloj2000 Sometimes we seem commercial from Dexcom You and I Macho, and we only defend obvious things.We are really the first to want to get rid of it and stop laughing on our face with the price it has, which is worse than a mortgage.Although for laughter the stupidity of the G5.

Unfortunately for us today there is nothing the same (real MCG with alarms and not dependent on a bomb).Hopefully another real MCG with more market vision in Europe arrives soon.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/15/2016 3 a.m.

@Artorias @Pabloj2000 I do not consider anyone's commercial.You simply say what you have lived and what you think is better.I also speak as I leave and if I can help someone, great !!!!!!!But for tastes opinions.There are people who think that the Free is the best, because we have to respect, there are people who think that the dog's issue is the best, but perhaps this is thought about the price and because the Dexcom has not been tested.
That runs the water.
I also tell you that I love dogs and I don't have a country house, I am very sadDexcom G4, I am one of the few people in Spain who has had very fat scares for this and not since I have life has changed me both and my family.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/15/2016 10:34 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

fjf said:

By the way, father of a diabetic child, formed in engineering, ...

So far we are twin souls.And dog lover ... to unsuspected limits.
That said, and since this forum is visited by many people to draw their conclusions, I think the MCG - dog comparison does not fit.No way.
The dog, which I know, will not be able to go to class with your son.Not even the disco.Not to many hotels.Nor to a mall.Neither to the cinema.Neither ... the dog will make him more company than many friends, but for his diabetic facet, the company he needs is that of an MCG that tells him at all times - with just looking at the screw - how he is and how he goesto evolve your glucose.And that if it is bound or asleep, let him know in the descents and uploads at all times.Be at home, as in class, as an excursion with the school, as with the bride when it touches.And that is priceless (well, it is unfortunately).
As a detail, I can only indicate the improvement in my son's notes since the Dexcom was placed.As simple as that: reaching exams without the added concern/anxiety of diabetes.I think the dog is far from that.And the free also lacks a lot of stretch.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
09/15/2016 1:49 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.