{'en': 'Novata with Dexcom', 'es': 'Novata con dexcom'} Image

Novata with Dexcom

Veronica14's profile photo   11/30/2015 11:50 p.m.

In the case of my son, he is usually stable and the sensors last 25 days, we have mounted Nigthscout, and the last hard sensor 10 days, and the current one goes x on the 12th and there are abysmal differences with capillary and gives "chance"Q comes unstable, we change Lantus schedule and comes with ups and downs .... I don't know if you will have to see but I don't believe in coincidences

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
02/22/2018 11:31 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

@"Dani76" Well, at the alomejor if it's for the changes, that's why they last less.I will be more attentive and try to control more.Thank you so much!!

Sonii's profile photo
Sonii
02/22/2018 11:38 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Likewise, someone with more experience with Dexcom writes, let's not forget that each one is a world !!!!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
02/22/2018 11:39 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

@"Dani76", @"sonii", by my experience, when there are very drastic ups or declines the sensor stays in "OFF mode" to wait for glycemic stability.The celebrities appear?Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
02/23/2018 11:21 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@"Solaria" Thank you!This one has been with the ???And today, I have started it again and in two hours they have come out again and have not been removed, and it does not appear to put the initial calibration, as it happened to me yesterday.In the afternoon I will put on a new sensor, because it has not just fixed, since yesterday at 5:00 p.m. it has not measured again.To me the one that has lasted the most has been 15 days, but only 1 sensor, the rest has not reached so much.I hope to have more luck with the rest.
All the best.

Sonii's profile photo
Sonii
02/23/2018 12:11 p.m.

@"Sonii", users refer many problems with some, not all, freestyle sensors.From the Dexcom I have not read anything and I think that the majority endures us very minimum 21 days.Try changing the sensor area, it seems that it is better in the arm, but not above the biceps.Luck.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
02/23/2018 12:57 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

On my 21 days or joke, hopefully they will endure me, but after the week is a lottery.And I also do not see that for a day with abrupt down and rebounds, it is supposed to detect everything without problems, and if for that episode one day it already spoiled ... I do not know, it is an uncertainty this of the sensors.@"Solararia" thanks and greetings

Sonii's profile photo
Sonii
02/24/2018 8:54 a.m.

Hello.I've been with Dexcom for 2 years, the sensors have lasted 1 month approx.This last box at 15 days I get the ???And no more again ... I also smell something.I do not know if the people who know the time that I or more with Dexcom have noticed @"valky" @"gala" @jconegar

Veronica14's profile photo
Veronica14
02/25/2018 8:50 a.m.

DM1 desde el 21/09/2015
NovoRapid y Lantus

@Verónica 14, I have not noticed anything ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/25/2018 9:04 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Well, I don't know.I put it where I always, I do the usual .. but this last box, 2 months has lasted me.

Veronica14's profile photo
Veronica14
02/25/2018 9:06 a.m.

DM1 desde el 21/09/2015
NovoRapid y Lantus

I don't either "Veronica14".Nothing special in the last boxes, although when I have lasted less the sensors I have blamed it for that I have changed the area of ​​putting it on or may have put it wrong:-/
Anyway, from the beginning I have made an excel of the sensors that I have put on, in what area, when I put them on and how much they lasted me.It is a bit of geek, I know it, but it has been good for me to see that where they last me the most it is in my arm, about 25 days.And whenever I have tried other areas (in summer above all), it always goes to less: abdomen, under the armpit, high part of the culete ... range from 12 to 15 days).I think I've never reached 30 days.

Ahh, another thing I have checked, is that at the second time of starting the sensor and you have to wait 2 h, if I separate from the receiver (I leave it at home I am going to buy), when the 2 hours have passedAnd I should ask me to calibrate, then I get the ???And do not recover.I start sensor again, and during the following 2 hours I do not separate from the reader (I take it with me everywhere), and at 2 hours it asks me to calibrate as without problems.It is as if you leave him in the distance and lose his sign, then he gives me more problems of questions or failures.Coincidences?

valky's profile photo
valky
02/27/2018 11:52 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Hello guys,

I am also new with the Dexcom, I have been reading you and I have learned a lot, thanks!
On the Skin Tac wipes, I understand that you must pass it through the skin before putting the sensor, is that so?And that in this way it lasts almost a month ... because, you do not pass the wipe once the tape is taking off, or can it also be done?Passing the wipe just over the tape that is taking off. I mean.

Well, I want to buy something to better fix the sensor, and I have not yet decided what.

Greetings

Laia's profile photo
Laia
03/06/2018 9:18 a.m.

I have been with the Dexcom for about 10 years, and they last 2 weeks, some more, some less (weird) ... but already happened to fight with the sensor how towards the beginning to win 2 or 3 days (which in the end you are with???, bad measures), I'm sure, 2 restart and outside, new sensor.

By the way ... when the transmitter begins to spend (and I do not speak of the fact that the notice that the battery is low), the sensors last less and marks worse, very proven ... that is, for example, the lastmonth or 5 or 6 weeks before low battery warning ... the sensors last less, the ??They appear faster, not so stable measurements .... You put a dead "sensor" with that transmitter, another, and like a motorcycle, it lasts more than it usually lasted.In fact, now the dexcom let you know with a low battery ....silk

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
03/06/2018 11:23 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Hello!I wanted to consult them since I have sensors that won in January, when I bought them in the neighboring country, since in mine there is no dexcom, I calculated 7 days x each sensor and how 21 or 25 days lasted me, now I am using them, the subject isThat my son no longer lasts for 15 days, he begins to give a difference of 40 or 50 with capillaIdea if it can have to do with maturities or if something similar happened to them and if they could solve it!Thank you

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
03/19/2018 4:18 a.m.

Argentina

Hello everyone,

A couple of months ago I used the Dexcom G4, and so far the sensors were lasting for about 12 days, until the ones were starting to leave ???Continuously, and it was already changing it for another.I have taken the first sensors in the belly, and the latter I have put it on the arm, outside, right biceps.Well, I've been two days and have the ???Has anyone happened to someone?If contact with Novalab, I do not know if they will take care, since according to them you must put it in the belly.

All the best.

Laia's profile photo
Laia
03/20/2018 7:45 p.m.

@"Laia" Well, you call and tell you that you have it in the belly, calm that no one is going to check it out.How do you send you download the data on the computer and send them.
@"Dani76" My Avexes are expired and I have not noticed that they harsh me less

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/26/2018 7:35 p.m.

Hi Gala, in the end it was just a scare, a matter of about 15min and it already operated again with total normality, in fact I still put the same.
Thank you very much for your advice,
All the best.

Laia's profile photo
Laia
03/26/2018 8:45 p.m.

I imagine there will be many factors x those that the sensor lasts 25 days and other times with luck 10 days, do you have some hypotheses in relation to this?Thanks as always to your help!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
03/27/2018 4:55 a.m.

Argentina

@"Dani76" I relate it more with a good fixation in an area with little skin traction and cin glycemic stability.
When I walk with up and downs

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/27/2018 5:28 p.m.

Good morning!For my short experience with Dexcom I am also observing that in general with the most stable glycemia it lasts more, the one I have now put 19 days and works perfect.The others have lasted me less as I wrote several times, but this surprises me.I have it on the side of the abdomen where he moves less and I have it whole.

Sonii's profile photo
Sonii
03/28/2018 12:18 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.