{'en': 'Novata with Dexcom', 'es': 'Novata con dexcom'} Image

Novata with Dexcom

Veronica14's profile photo   11/30/2015 11:50 p.m.

Jconegar thousand thanks, Clarisimo the video!Thank you

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
01/12/2018 10:55 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Hello everyone, I have bought the Skin Tac wipes for € 20.16 (shipping costs included) in the online store www.diabetika.es, another alternative.
To cover it above I tried Hydrofilm, towards well its function but it caused me a lot of itching and stop using it, I will try some of the alternatives you have pointed out, thank you.
As for the placement of the Dexcom, just point to the new ones that in the gut the best placement is to avoid the folds and place it displaced outward, closer to the Michelin than of the navel, I hope I have explained well.
As for the capillary-dexcom lags, you do try with the capillary to click on two different fingers sometimes there are very important differences, so when I see an important difference between capillary-ofcomcom I make a second capillary measurement to check.
When you calibrate and there is a difference between capillary-dexcom, the Dexcom uses an algorithm and calibrates an intermediate value, "casually" is usually half the difference, if you put the capillary value again, leave this value exactly.
All the best.

JAVIERPT's profile photo
JAVIERPT
01/14/2018 11:41 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Javierpt said:
hello to all, I bought the Skin Tac wipes for € 20.16 (shipping costs included) in the online store www.diabetika.es, another alternative.
To cover it above I tried Hydrofilm, towards well its function but it caused me a lot of itching and stop using it, I will try some of the alternatives you have pointed out, thank you.
As for the placement of the Dexcom, just point to the new ones that in the gut the best placement is to avoid the folds and place it displaced outward, closer to the Michelin than of the navel, I hope I have explained well.
As for the capillary-dexcom lags, you do try with the capillary to click on two different fingers sometimes there are very important differences, so when I see an important difference between capillary-ofcomcom I make a second capillary measurement to check.
When you calibrate and there is a difference between capillary-dexcom, the Dexcom uses an algorithm and calibrates an intermediate value, "casually" is usually half the difference, if you put the capillary value again, leave this value exactly.
All the best.

"If you put the capillary value again, leave this value exactly" if with this you mean that you put two calibrations in a row with two different values, go crazy to the receiver, they are equal or different values ​​is the thing.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/16/2018 11:35 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

sonii said:
hello!I have been for a long time for a long time, and now I am a rookie with the Dexcom, I used to use freestyle but because of allergy problems I have left them.

You may have the same problem.Tell us how you are doing.
With my son we did a thousand tests.In the end we managed to put a 'wall' between the Dexcom and its skin, composed of spray cabilon and two Tegaderm patches.Little by little, the eruption was remitting, and now more than a year ago we no longer put caus (yes 2 Tegerderm patches) and goes fantastic.I count this because once irritation has started, it does not usually leave because we change the protection.You have to persist, protect and, hopelessly, there comes a time when the skin seems to become accustomed to abuse and stop reacting.It is what I believe, but the allergologist who (no) helped us, said that an allergy in the skin was incurable.
sonii said:
I carry with the dexcom since Sunday, and wanted to consult you one thing with respect to the values, it goes 30 points or more of the downward lace of the capillary, and when the caliber does notIt stays at the value of the capillary, I do not know if that is so or that the sensor goes wrong, I have it in the abdomen on the left side.For example, if I have 200 in capillary, in Dexcom it comes out 160 and when I calibrate with that figure, Alomejor stays in 180 or so.I calibrate it three times a day, coinciding with the previous capillary of the meals that I always do, perhaps should it calibrate it only twice?
Thank you very much for everything you learn with you!
Greetings.

They have already answered you.Calibrate as many times as possible (1 better than 2) and when you are stable (at 3 hours of eating or clicking or exercising or ...).The first sensors, from my own experience and for what I have read in the forum, are not usually the ones that will give you the best result.Patience.In a few weeks you will not know how to live without him.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
01/17/2018 3 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

@"aaandres", if I remember remembering having read in another thread, your son puts the two Tegaderm dressings under the Dexcom sensor, right?It is that as I have read your system, I bought the Cavilon spray and the tegaderm (and the diprogue cream) to my son, which does not use the Dexcom but the freestyle but the allergy problems are the same ... the caseIt is that another user has commented that dressings under the sensor give problems because with water, sweat, etc.They swell and end up pushing up and starting the sensor ... Has that also happened to your son?If so, have you been able to solve it in any way?

I hope you are right and over time the skin gets used to "abuse", because the soul hurts to see how it is shattered every time the sensor is removed ... :-(

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
01/17/2018 11:32 p.m.

Hijo con DM1 desde Mayo 2017, con 13 años.
Tresiba + Novorapid. Freestyle + Blucon.
Última hemo: 6,8(Noviembre 2018)

No. The user who has commented on the swelling talked about Compeced, which is Hidrogel.
But if it has not served you with Cavilon, it is complicated.It is the most hypoallergenic.I previously cleaned the skin with alcohol, then a first layer of Cavilon Spray and, once dry, a second.Then the two Tegaderm patches.And always in a new area of ​​not damaged leather.
Sometimes it is more a maceration than an allergy.There are those who apply dryer to the set after the bathroom to avoid it.
Luck!

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
01/18/2018 12:22 a.m.

Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Correct, as @"aaandres" says what swells at least in my case after 14 days of humidity, showers and others is the compeed, I do more or less as they say above, clean with alcohol, nobecuta layer andSkin tac liquid and 2 tegaderms with hole in the middle so that the filament has a good time because without hole a couple of sensors have bothering me due to the elasticity of the tegaderm.I do not get a great irritation but if the sensor adhesive crosses all the layers and I have the reddened area.-

This last sensor I have placed it with an anti -friction dressing of Hansaplast that I read in a German forum to a girl who gave her a good result, when she takes it off and I will see it, I will put it here to see if it is the final solution.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/18/2018 10:28 a.m.

jconegar said:
Javierpt said:
hello to all, I bought the skin tac wipes for € 20.16 (shipping costs included) in theonline store www.diabetika.es, another alternative.
All the best.

"If you put the capillary value again, leave this value exactly" if with this you mean that you put two calibrations followed with two different values, go crazy to the receptor, they are equal or difficult values ​​is the most thing.

Hello, thanks for your comment, I will try to explain well, since I am very interested in knowing your opinion (I only have five sensors used to date).
I give you the example of this morning, I carry the Roche Acu-Check Aviva Combo pump, so before eating I have to do a capillary test so that the glucometer, once the carbohydrates put the carbohydrates, calculate the dose ofInsulin and send the order to the infuster.
This morning 8:00 Dexcom G5 (my receiver on the phone) tells me that my glucose is 133, practically flat all night from 1:00, it is supposed to be stable, not at a time of descent or upload.
I do the capillary test and surprise I get 174, as the difference is substantial I do another capillary test to confirm (hand washing, etc ...) and I get 172 confirming the difference.
At that time Dexcom is not asking me for calibration but with such a difference what is indicating on the screen is not reliable then I put the value of 174 to calibrate and on the Dexcom screen it appears as a new value 152, this value is still veryaway from capillary value.
What would you do at this time?, What I do is to calibrate and put again 174, so it does remain 174 as value, I am very interested in knowing what you do in these cases.
Thanks for your answers and greetings to everyone

JAVIERPT's profile photo
JAVIERPT
01/18/2018 10:41 a.m.

We, in a similar case, would once calibrate like you to reduce the difference between Dexcom and capillary, but we would not recalibrate a second time.152 seems acceptable.I see no difference in treatment between that value and 172 in a stable situation.
But this is just what I would do, it does not have to be the ideal.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
01/18/2018 1:57 p.m.

Hi Javier, remember that by making capillary 174 and Dexcom marked 133, the value 152 that is put in Dexcom is an average between them.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
01/18/2018 2:49 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

aaandres said:
sonii said:
hello!I have been for a long time for a long time, and now I am a rookie with the Dexcom, I used to use freestyle but because of allergy problems I have left them.

You may have the same problem.Tell us how you are doing.
With my son we did a thousand tests.In the end we managed to put a 'wall' between the Dexcom and its skin, composed of spray cabilon and two Tegaderm patches.Little by little, the eruption was remitting, and now more than a year ago we no longer put caus (yes 2 Tegerderm patches) and goes fantastic.I count this because once irritation has started, it does not usually leave because we change the protection.You have to persist, protect and, hopelessly, there comes a time when the skin seems to become accustomed to abuse and stop reacting.It is what I believe, but the allergologist who (no) helped us, said that an allergy in the skin was incurable.
sonii said:
I carry with the dexcom since Sunday, and wanted to consult you one thing with respect to the values, it goes 30 points or more of the downward lace of the capillary, and when the caliber does notIt stays at the value of the capillary, I do not know if that is so or that the sensor goes wrong, I have it in the abdomen on the left side.For example, if I have 200 in capillary, in Dexcom it comes out 160 and when I calibrate with that figure, Alomejor stays in 180 or so.I calibrate it three times a day, coinciding with the previous capillary of the meals that I always do, perhaps should it calibrate it only twice?
Thank you very much for everything you learn with you!
Greetings.

They have already answered you.Calibrate as many times as possible (1 better than 2) and when you are stable (at 3 hours of eating or clicking or exercising or ...).The first sensors, from my own experience and for what I have read in the forum, are not usually the ones that will give you the best result.Patience.In a few weeks you will not know how to live without him.

For now I have been with the Dexcom for 12 days and with the same sensor, and I don't notice anything in the skin, no discomfort, so great.In the event that I will happen again, I will try the protection you comment, but for the moment great.And the Dexcom is wonderful, the values ​​were adjusted well, and they are almost identical to the capillary, it gives enormous tranquility.
Thanks for the tips!

Sonii's profile photo
Sonii
01/19/2018 5:09 p.m.

aaandres said:
we, in a similar case, we would calibrate once like you to reduce the difference between dexcom and capillary, but we would not recalibrate a second time.152 seems acceptable.I see no difference in treatment between that value and 172 in a stable situation.
But this is just what I would do, it does not have to be the ideal.
Thank you for your answer, we already know that in our illness the absolute truths do not exist, we do the best we can.For example, if I see 172 on the Dexcom screen I would make a hair test and put a corrective bolus and with 152 I would wait for me.All the best :)

JAVIERPT's profile photo
JAVIERPT
01/19/2018 7:24 p.m.

Hi, I wanted to ask you, when I used with Dexcom at the beginning if they lasted almost three weeks on my arm, now it barely reaches two the latter.M came out of the sensor's failure but I restart it and now it works at times, someone knows how they could extend the life of the sensors and have less problems thanks

Garci's profile photo
Garci
01/21/2018 10:51 a.m.

Hello again!Today I have put on the first sensor, yesterday I restart it and well, but today it has already gone crazy, you fall down when they are not and is very outdated, I have to remove it no longer?That does not recover and return to normal if I hope to say.Thank you

Sonii's profile photo
Sonii
01/22/2018 3:28 p.m.

@"Sonii" When when you start to fail, or do the ???or rare measurements, I remove it and change for another.I already tried to reset, or wait for it to standardized, but nothing, there is nothing to do.

piruha's profile photo
piruha
01/22/2018 3:44 p.m.

DM1 desde 1987 (con 3 años)
Lantus y Humalog
Dexcom g5

piruha said:
@"sonii" when do you start to fail, or do the ???or rare measurements, I remove it and change for another.I already tried to reset, or wait for it to standardized, but nothing, there is nothing to do.

To me ???They have not left me, but it seems like a roller coaster to go down and climb without reason, and whistle, I will change it later.Thank you so much!!

Sonii's profile photo
Sonii
01/22/2018 3:47 p.m.

garci said:
Hi, I wantedIt was interrupted for hours especially x the night that is worse even m came out of the sensor's failure but I restart it and now it works at times, someone knows how they could extend the life of the sensors and have less problems thanks

If it is at night when it happens to you to see if it can be that you sleep on that arm, if there are many peaks it may also last less.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/22/2018 9:19 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

I take the opportunity to comment that the last two boxes of sensors that we have used (8 sensors) are clearly less lasting.I don't know if something will have changed, but it gives me a bad thorn.They are boxes of different deliveries and dates.I don't know if someone has noticed the same.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
01/24/2018 9:11 p.m.

aaandres said:
I take the opportunity to comment that the latest two boxes of sensors that we have used (8 sensors) are clearly less lasting.I don't know if something will have changed, but it gives me a bad thorn.They are boxes of different deliveries and dates.I don't know if someone has noticed the same.

Have you noticed more peaks in glycemia, are the insertion zones the same?For now you have commented on your alone and if they are 8 sensors to an average of two weeks it is almost 4 months someone would have commented something already.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/24/2018 11:23 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Hello again!I wanted to ask you something else about Dexcom.I have read that it is altered with Paracetamol, but I cannot take anything more than that as an analgesic.Do you know or have you proven, how long does it take to return to normal?Example taking Paracetamol for a few days.It is for having an orientation.
Thank you!

Sonii's profile photo
Sonii
01/26/2018 1:53 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.