{'en': 'Sugar climb after walking', 'es': 'Subida de azucar despues de andar'} Image

Sugar climb after walking

Dido's profile photo   10/04/2016 3:39 p.m.

Hello.It is normal to upload something when you exercise.You can also be going through some health situation, a cold for example, my experience is that if you are consistent in your routines you will rise to you but after a while it must be at adequate levels.In my case I have been fighting a flu and allergies for three weeks.My fasting sugar has been fluctuating between 108 and 175 which made me resume a quick insulin dose to lower it in that case.5u were
EnoughI take metformin twice a day but I have managed to take a dose only while I exercise.Do not be discouraged, as the forum colleagues say, each one is different and reacts differently.If you take basal, do not eliminate it.Little by little you are increasing your routine a little stronger.Until now I have been diagnosed for 9 months and 6 without injected until one day ago for what I explained.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
09/16/2018 7:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

nigiri said:
Of course it is normal, at the moment you start exercising your liver begins to generate glucagon, if you do not put any insulin unit the glucose will automatically upload you @Dido.Exercise cannot be used as a tool to lower glucose.

I differ, the exercise does help you lower the sugar and control it.In fact it is the best option in all cases, that the dependence of only medications and diets.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
09/16/2018 7:46 p.m.

@"Diegoa" I do not intend to disappoint yourself but as you say you only have been diagnosed for 9 months, your body is probably generating insulin but residual but something does generate (the famous honeymoon) so that with diet and exercise you can take it great, to meThe 1st year also happened to me and believed that it would always be so, unfortunately time returns to reality.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/16/2018 9:03 p.m.

Friend.I am aware that I am fighting a monster, I do not believe it is on any honeymoon.While I can stay minimizing the use of insulin I am prolonging my health.Since I started this I have achieved positive changes in my health.Maintaining a healthy diet and consistent routine.And I have insulin at this time as an emergency reserve.I was eliminated by the intentions and use metformin pills.Now, 90% of the cases I read, they only focus on popular doses, with medications and read very little about changes in eating habits and exercises.I share my positive experience so far and the changes or different situations that have happened to me with my plan to fight this disease.At all I intend to work as well as me.I do not need discourage because that also influences the patient's ability to achieve health goals.So if my experiences work
Then I share them with the objective that they can have other options.Until now, my exercise routines have worked for me, how much more time?I don't know, but I don't worry about what has not come, nor do I believe in the "moon of
Honey".For me it is a long -term fight.So far I win it.That is what matters to me.I hope my contributions serve as motivation to others.Not to excite anyone because I am not excited but focused.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
09/16/2018 11:43 p.m.

I had to say ijeciones

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
09/16/2018 11:46 p.m.

Another important point, at the time I see that my adjustments do not work, I will share them.Today I got up in 130, which has been the average for the past weeks that I have been with flu and allergies (certified by Dr.).I had breakfast well.Oatmeal, bread and coffee.I took metformin.Then I left I made my pedaling routine.Today was about 45 minutes.Light to moderate.Then I swam a little to release recreationally.Lunch had the sugar in 108
.When writing this is for dinner, and I already had it in an excellent 89. And I have not taken the second dose of metformin.So, I think the exercise does work in my case.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
09/17/2018 12:18 a.m.

Diegoa said:
friend.I am aware that I am fighting a monster, I do not believe it is on any honeymoon.While I can stay minimizing the use of insulin I am prolonging my health.Since I started this I have achieved positive changes in my health.Maintaining a healthy diet and consistent routine.And I have insulin at this time as an emergency reserve.I was eliminated by the intentions and use metformin pills.Now, 90% of the cases I read, they only focus on popular doses, with medications and read very little about changes in eating habits and exercises.I share my positive experience so far and the changes or different situations that have happened to me with my plan to fight this disease.At all I intend to work as well as me.I do not need discourage because that also influences the patient's ability to achieve health goals.So if my experiences work
Then I share them with the objective that they can have other options.Until now, my exercise routines have worked for me, how much more time?I don't know, but I don't worry about what has not come, nor do I believe in the "moon of
Honey".For me it is a long -term fight.So far I win it.That is what matters to me.I hope my contributions serve as motivation to others.Not to excite anyone because I am not excited but focused.

Keep in mind that in this forum we are many who have type 1 diabetes, which has nothing to do with a type 2. Type 2 continue to produce insulin, we only a small amount a few months after diagnosis (what is called the moon ofhoney) and then nothing.In the absence of insulin, sport uploads glucose and those that do not produce any insulin (all type 1 that we have been with the disease for years), sport goes up or lowers us depending on the insulin we have at that time.
It is good that you share your experience but keep in mind who you are going when you give tips because type 1 diabetes and 2 are two different diseases that work very differently no matter how they are called the same.One occurs due to lack of insulin and another due to excess.
To type 1 even if we have very strict diet and exercise it is impossible for us not to use insulin.Exercise is fine for everyone for health, but in type 1 it is very complicated because instead of helping glucose control you complicate your life.We have to adjust many things to be able to do sports with certainty and not have hypos or hyper and know our body very well.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/17/2018 9:54 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I have assumed that it was type 1, that I do not know it .. obviously as @"yesssica_a" sport is not comparable in types 2 and types 1.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/17/2018 11:41 a.m.

sigsauer said:
I have assumed that it was type 1, that I do not know .. obviously as @"Yesssica_a" is not comparable the sport in types 2 and in types 1.-

I have assumed that it was type 2 for the comments he puts and for the metformin hehehe.I think that impossible that a type 1 can be alone with metformin, but I also do not know if it is type 1 or 2. They are still different diseases even if they are called the same and is not comparable neither the treatment nor the effect of sport.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/17/2018 12:13 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Totally agree with @'' sigsauer "u @" Yesssica_a ".
I take care of myself and my first year I did not have to use quickly.The second 1ud for food, and now 2 units because I ingest few hydrates, but 3 or 4 units for food.
My pancreas, as I am type 1, generates little or no insulin;When using so little insulin they just told me that I am lada, but in my debut I gave positive in antibodies, so I use metformin 2 days nothing more.
In any case, @"Diegoa" Take care so that your pancreas is healthier and do not have to use insulin over the years.
Many type 2 need insulin over the years for wear.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/20/2018 8:08 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Estimated forists in diabetes, whether 1 or 2. My contributions for nothing are to motivate to leave insulin.In fact I have saved it in case I had to use it.It is already stipulated that if the pancreas does not produce insulin, because it must be injected, I also understand the concept of honeymoon, although I share it for nothing.As for exercise, it is proven that it helps control glucose levels and certainly when you exercise the body generates more glucose to oxygenate.It is also clear that if you inject quick insulin, you will lower glucose levels, so it is not advisable to put it before exercising.Well, you are exposing yourself to a downturn.According to what my Drs told me, it is an insulin unit for every 10 glucose units.So if I have sugar in 160, without exercising I should put in 5 to 6u.I already did the exercise and indeed it square me quite close, of 155 that I was the other day, sick, that the sugar also uploads, because I decided to inject 5 units and in less than 1 hour I had it in 110. I have already been with a few weeks withAllergies and cough, what has had the glucose high in A fast 130-140, when I was averaging 108-120.I have kept my routine quite consistent.In my case, they changed me to Metformin twice a day.And I have sinned on the couple eating food after the last dose, which may have fired sugar in the morning.For example, the other night I ate two cups of regular Neapolitan manter, the next day I was in 135. We also know that during the nights the sugar tends to climb, that is why we have the basal insulin.It is the one I was using together with the metformin before they eliminated me and left me with Metformín.This does not mean that if I see that my levels, being healthy, (no flu or some virus) Dawn high, I will not consider to inject again.What I am experiencing and observing how my body behaves when I exercise.I can say from experience that when I was injected with the fast and there were only 5 units, I had two episodes of glucose dowers, both below 55 u.At that time I decided not to take the quick but continued with the basal.And manages to maintain stability.Today I ran a bicycle and ran more than 40kms, almost 3 hours.During the route I took two glucose pills and a guineo.It was the only thing I ate and hydrated well, with water.Upon arriving, I took the level and gave 140. Something that is normal after exercising.In a few minutes I take the test again, I already had lunch so it must have uploaded a little more.I read their contributions with interest.And I wish you the best and that they manage to deal existically with this disease.From Puerto Rico, greetings

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
09/20/2018 7:24 p.m.

5 fast units is very much if you are on honeymoon and do not eat more than 50 grams of hydrates at that meal.
Initially, 10 g HC is supposed to need 1 fast.The truth is that it depends on each person, by weight, metabolism, type of life that is done ...
The important thing is that you know your body and how it evolves.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/20/2018 10:45 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
5 fast units is very much if you are on honeymoon and do not eat more than 50 grams of hydrates in that meal.
Initially, 10 g HC is supposed to need 1 fast.The truth is that it depends on each person, by weight, metabolism, type of life that is done ...
The important thing is that you know your body and how it evolves.

Exact.When I started that was the prescribed dose, and since it was not clear about how I was reacting I was injecting it in automatic.So it was that I decided to keep the basal and exercise.And then they left me in Metforfim.Now, the other night as I mentioned I exceeded in a Neapolitan manterin and dawned very high.And I injected the 5u and after a while I was in 110. A fast.
I've been in allergies for several days.Last night I had a small celebration after having medicated myself and drank a glass of bleeding and beer 1. At this precise moment I am fasting and my reading is 106 at 8am.
And as I said, what I have facing the condition that started me before but was diagnosed in February 3 of this year, for me it is a day -to -day fight.If in the end I end in insulin all the time, it will be but for the moment the day to day is a control exercise.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
09/23/2018 2:18 p.m.

Greetings to all partners.We start from the fact that in the morning the ratio is greater than the rest of the day (phenomenon of ALBA).Since you were in 140 mg/dl and took a coffee, it is an additional ration without putting insulin.Depending on your ratio and your sensitivity you would be more than 185 mg/dl.Since it is not recommended to exercise either aerobic or anaerobic with more than 185 glucose.There you have the answer.The sugar shoots as there is no insulin that metabolizes sugar and liver also released glucogen as well said before.In some cases it is a mistake to make sports to try to lower glucose.To do sports you have to take into account several factors such as the intensity of the exercise and the duration time.

Angel Martin Rosa's profile photo
Angel Martin Rosa
10/02/2018 10:20 p.m.

Diegoa said:
friend.I am aware that I am fighting a monster, I do not believe it is on any honeymoon.While I can stay minimizing the use of insulin I am prolonging my health.Since I started this I have achieved positive changes in my health.Maintaining a healthy diet and consistent routine.And I have insulin at this time as an emergency reserve.I was eliminated by the intentions and use metformin pills.Now, 90% of the cases I read, they only focus on popular doses, with medications and read very little about changes in eating habits and exercises.I share my positive experience so far and the changes or different situations that have happened to me with my plan to fight this disease.At all I intend to work as well as me.I do not need discourage because that also influences the patient's ability to achieve health goals.So if my experiences work

@Diegoa I send you all the mood of the world.I have met several people with what doctors call honeymoon by 6 years ... so honeymoon nothing.The isnulin s one more medicine, and in the same way 1ue the body gets used to a diet and an execution table and suddenly you leave to lose weight, it also gets used to medications.The body is wise and wants to recover, if we give it all the isnuin that necsita, because obvious that it stops creating insuuin by it because, intelligently, it will understand that it is not necessary, since too much improper is equally counterproductive.Anyway, it is not bad for each one to try what he creates and do what he considers to carry the disease, and that others do not put ourselves with them or devalorize their sphericals and discoveries.I repeat, @diegoa I send you all the mood of the world and to continue to confrying in the body that is a lot of intelligent than any body.

Leti's profile photo
Leti
02/25/2019 3:03 p.m.

leti said:
Diegoa said:

@Diegoa I send you all the mood of the world.I have met several people with what doctors call honeymoon by 6 years ... so honeymoon nothing.The isnulin s one more medicine, and in the same way 1ue the body gets used to a diet and an execution table and suddenly you leave to lose weight, it also gets used to medications.The body is wise and wants to recover, if we give it all the isnuin that necsita, because obvious that it stops creating insuuin by it because, intelligently, it will understand that it is not necessary, since too much improper is equally counterproductive.Anyway, it is not bad for each one to try what he creates and do what he considers to carry the disease, and that others do not put ourselves with them or devalorize their sphericals and discoveries.I repeat, @diegoa I send you all the mood of the world and to continue to confrying in the body that is a lot of intelligent than any doctor.

Leti's profile photo
Leti
02/25/2019 3:07 p.m.

The important thing is to have controlled glucose.If insulin is needed, it puts on.Insulin is a hormone that produces the body, it is not a poison.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/25/2019 3:43 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good afternoon, I've been with diabetes for 24 years and the best medicine elde..feliz late ..

VACANO74's profile photo
VACANO74
05/05/2020 12:34 a.m.

I am a cyclist and I am doing wonder 😃

VACANO74's profile photo
VACANO74
05/05/2020 12:35 a.m.

@Dido I think you have gathered several factors.

-Chafé with milk:
* 250ml of milk are approx about 12.5g of sugar.
-Caselo: Sweat_smile:

-Possible Amacener effect (the body releases glucose in order to face the day).

When exercising it is necessary to analyze the most important thing, that stimulus supposes our body.

As colleagues have said well ..
- Low intensity and prolonged exercises almost 100% will lower blood glucose.
- Strength and intensity exercises come to suppose an increase in glucose because the stimulus is different.

How can you find out this?Well, obviously with controls ...

-In my case my dawn effect is quite noticeable .... today I have taken myself all night in 99 and from 6:00 am it has climbed and at 7:30 am ready for breakfast was in 155.

-When I take a coffee with milk (I do them with very little milk, "a cut" that is called here in the south) I get around 20-30.

I hope I have clarified a little, but I see perfectly normal what happened to you .... First I would look at all this and then see how.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/05/2020 9:01 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.