{'en': 'And what do you think does diabetes hurt?', 'es': 'Y tu qué opinas ¿la diabetes duele?'} Image

And what do you think does diabetes hurt?

fer's profile photo   10/08/2016 8:07 p.m.

Recently with a group of friends (people with diabetes and parents of children with diabetes) we discussed diabetes and the pain that causes, whether physical as psychological, pain for complications, the impact of change to be diagnosed with diabetes,to pain for a son or daughter who suffers with diabetes.

And what do you think? Diabetes hurts?

fer's profile photo
fer
10/08/2016 8:07 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I believe that yes, that diabetes hurts, in my case it hurts me and it also hurts those who love me when they see that I suffer from their cause ...
I am hurt by the limitations it implies, and I am afraid of the future.I am afraid of complications that may appear ... Beyond the effort that one makes, I'm afraid that it is not enough ...
Every day I try to accept it, and love me with diabetes, but it costs me a lot.Sometimes I feel shame or guilt for having it .. it is ridiculous I know, but it is what happens to me ..

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
10/09/2016 3:10 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It hurts a lot.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/09/2016 6:17 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Fuck

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
10/09/2016 11:20 p.m.

Life hurts after all ... born is suffering ... we are born to die ...

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
10/10/2016 12:12 a.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

I can't afford that it hurts because that would make him hurt those around me.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/10/2016 12:44 a.m.

It hurts and much, especially when it is time to have to prick and see her cry because it hurts her and saying that she does not know, it hurts to see how she says "Mama today I am going down to snack I can a nocilla sandwich", to me I ampart of the soul, and with the Pekeña that is that I ask you for when they put insulin bomb because she already knows what cures there is no.It is not fair but you have to accept it, I have not yet accepted it.

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
10/10/2016 9:52 a.m.

Mama de niña de 7 años diabetes tipo 1 diciembre 2015
Levemir: Desayuno 2u - Cena 3u
Novorapid: Desayuno-Comida-Merienda-Cena
Última hemo: 7.8

Of course it hurts.To deny it would be absurd.It hurts physically every time you pierce a finger to get a drop of blood, it hurts when you click (usually not much, but there are times that the needle no matter how tiny it seems like an egg) but the physical pain is punctual, noIt is constant during the day.
The one that is constant is psychological pain.Have to have the head diabetes all holy.When you are going to eat, when you go out to do sports, when you go out with friends, when you are sitting at home, wandering ... always.Now it is easier because, if you can pay it, you have an MCG that frees you a lot from the overwhelming of being thinking “how will I be?High??Low??Will I have punctured too much?I will have eaten more than I owed?
You try not to seem it because you do not want your loved ones to hurt, but that also hurts and tires a lot.Keep the pose that you are fine, that you are not worried, that you do not fear the complications that can come to the future ...
You have to be positive and always move forward, but let's not neglect the obvious: Diabetes fuck, and much.

nachemi's profile photo
nachemi
10/10/2016 10:57 a.m.

It hurts a lot.As a mother I suffer daily, I know that all mothers suffer from their children, but having a child with a chronic disease is very hard for a mother, but not only I suffer, my husband suffers just like me, and my little daughter suffersAlso very much for his sister.And this pain in our case unfortunately extends to the entire family, and especially the grandparents, they do not understand how their granddaughter has to live with this and they are great.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/10/2016 10:57 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

It hurts more with mother or father than as a sick person, and I would not have thought about life, but I think it hurt my parents more than my same diabetic being, and it was a drama for them than for me, and it happens to meWith my son, his punctures hurts more than mine.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
10/10/2016 12:11 p.m.

It hurts a lot, it is a great whore.If it were a passing whore would get better, but this is for a lifetime.
The other day I went to the rheumatology and saw that my hem is at 7.5 and told me: You have to take care of and you should avoid the peaks ... M made a shit feel as if I did not take care of.M lacks little to cry.To the subject ... it is shit.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/10/2016 12:40 p.m.

@nachemi for me it is much more painful to worry about the people around me than the problems that my illness creates in my daily life, which in the end is a cushone fly but that does not limit me at all.
When I was admitted, it was worse for my family when I saw his face than for me, and they were telling me that my future plans were going to the M ***** (erroneously).

Diabetes can beat you much earlier in the psychological that in the physical, so you have to (intensar) remain strong.As you say, having a 24 -hour number in your head is a tremendous wear.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/10/2016 4:21 p.m.

Well, it limits me in everything, I can't think of an aspect of my life in which diabetes has not limited me much.

It does not hurt, it is more like living in a prison.Forcing me to have to do a million absurd things every day, simply to continue living, chained.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/10/2016 5:15 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

It did not hurt and for the moment it does not hurt but my mother did, it happened very much, as I imagine that you spend all the parents with small diabetic children.
Much encouragement and strength to all, both diabetic and diabetic parents.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/10/2016 6:14 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

For me the photo you have put is very significant, every puncture that my daughter receives is like a stab in my heart ... stab that is repeated saying that she does not want her to put her more insulin and I telling her that it is something that she will always need... And it repeats itself when a child is eating sweets and I say that she can't ...
For me this is a nightmare that you know will not end while you try to take it as well as possible for it

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
10/10/2016 10:26 p.m.

@nigiri How old are you? Since what age do you have diabetes?
The truth is that for how young you seem to you look very rational and optimistic. You seem like a great example to follow ... Hopefully my daughter will take her diabetes like that

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
10/10/2016 10:30 p.m.

@Mariah14 I am 35 years old and diabetes since the 9, the truth that I do not remember having had a bad time, obviously it was not something that I liked but I assumed it without more, on the subject of food is that I barely noticed change, my mother neverHe gave us pastries or very sweet things, in them you fulfill some chuche but little else.Nowadays I live well with diabetes but I will not deny that I have had a time, especially in adolescence in which I have not taken care of how I should.I try to be optimistic in all aspects of my life and there are days that diabetes weighs how the bastard weighs or how other things in your life weigh but when that happens I try that others do not realize.I am one of the people who I think you can have a full and happy life despite being diabetic, that we would be better without it?Surely, but that in my opinion there are very worse things, too.Greetings and a lot of encouragement!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/11/2016 10:39 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Now that I am aware of what it implies not controlling diabetes and the complications that it has brought me hurts a lot of day and I blame for not having done things as I should and that no doctor at the time would have given me a touch of attention...e even yesterday I went to a consultation and told me that the important thing was hemoglobin and not the peaks ... that it was not demonstrated that it had complications.Well, I can demonstrate it ... Well, my hemoglobins has rarely overcome 7 but not because I did well ... but for my constant peaks.
It hurts a lot to see how your 4 -year -old son sees you by clicking you and between sobs he tells you "Mom I do not want you to diabetic" or how your partner offers to give you their pancreas as if that were salvation to not be diabetic.
Every day a phrase from a friend "Diabetes is silent" comes to mind ... and it is true ... I lived my life without telling me anything so far that everything has exploded ...

Leticia21's profile photo
Leticia21
10/11/2016 1:09 p.m.

Hi @Leticia21.I do not know if you have commented on another thread, I have not learned and whenever you want to tell it of course and respect if not.What happened to you?Any scare?

It is a question that I ask myself a lot.What does more damage to the body?Hyperglycemia maintained?A lot of glycemic variability?The peaks?The same is that not even the experts know.

Much I encourage whatever Leticia21

albertot's profile photo
albertot
10/11/2016 1:21 p.m.

It hurts, and we talk about psychologically, it is a tired, heavy, stubborn disease, haha.It persecutes you and does not let you breathe, it makes you strict and methodical ... it hurt me above all in the debut, for how hard it was physically, and for all the impact that everything was going to change and everything that I had toLearn, fears ...
Now I do not allow myself much to think and I have it quite assumed, it hurts more in my family's concern, and above all of my partner, who has learned many things for forced march, and is more afraid than me ... sometimes I would prefer thatI would not have learned so much, not having shared with her so many things, and the disease would have remained for me, and she in the blessed ignorance.Because it hurts to see her worry.
It also hurts me psychologically not being free, thinking that I require certain things to survive, think that we are lucky to live where we live, but that if the thing was complicated and there was a problem and fuck the public health ... it would not last long.And of course there are worse things, so I prefer not to allow myself to think about all this.

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
10/11/2016 1:51 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.