{'en': 'My first glucagon', 'es': 'Mi primer glucagón'} Image

My first glucagon

nigiri's profile photo   11/06/2016 3:40 p.m.

Thank you very much @Artorias.There is nothing like asking!

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
11/12/2016 8:59 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

No reproaches or guilt complexes.Being diabetic supposes days, months and years of struggle and normal that over time we have neglected.I have also had good declines, sometimes to go on exercise (level 39 one day), or have taken some glasses.Simply, you don't have to give up a copita with the good atmosphere that friends suppose.But if everyone drinks only without eating, you always carry nuts, some candy, etc., so that the descent does not occur.And keep enjoying everyday life.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/14/2016 12:59 p.m.

Well, for the moment I have been removed @Miguel hahaha but you are getting all the reason :)

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/14/2016 1:04 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

nigiri said:
well, for the moment I have taken my desire @Miguel hahaha but you carry all the reason :)

It is normal with what has happened, but we fall to learn to get up.Next time you will take a couple of glasses doing more care and everything will do well.Everything costs us much more than the rest but if we find the form we can do everything.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/14/2016 4:27 p.m.

Thank you for sharing your experiences.
I am recently diagnosed with type 1. I have not been prescribed glucagon .... should I have it already in my fridge?
I always carry Gumys in my bag, and he has not given me a hypoglycemia yet, I suffer from having an asymptomatic hypo ...

AlOtroLado's profile photo
AlOtroLado
03/15/2018 7:38 p.m.

@"Alotroroado", yes, you should have the glucagon.And being a recent debut I don't think it gives you inadvertent hypoglycemia.And not to be scared, the experiences shared here are not the norm, they are exceptional cases.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
03/16/2018 4:22 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

The glucagon is usually used for those who remain unconscious, but those accidents do not usually occur.It should also be used when you have a difficult hiccup to trace, by insulin error. And it can be put with insulin needle and in small doses, in rebel but conscious hypos

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/16/2018 6:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

alotrolate said:
Thank you for sharing your experiences.
I am recently diagnosed with type 1. I have not been prescribed glucagon .... should I have it already in my fridge?
I always carry Gumys in my bag, and he has not given me a hypoglycemia yet, I suffer from having an asymptomatic hypo ...

If you should have glucagon at home, and take it when you travel, it is very important, your educator has not explained when you debuted?I have read in another post that you are a nurse (me too), you will know how to be used and that it is administered when you are unconscious or very severe hypos as Regina tells you, or with vomiting that do not let you eat ... asymptomatic hypolions likeThey say up there are very rare having debuted, you will notice them almost certainly.I have been with diabetes for 12 years, I have never used the glucagon at the moment, and I continue to notice hypoglycemia as at the beginning.But you have to take it, just in case (I recognize that on some trip I have forgotten, or I have taken it and then I have left it in the suitcase)
Do not worry ... Learn as much as possible to have control and have security, the more you know about type 1 diabetes and especially you know yourself much more calmly you will be, it is normal that you are nervous now.Little by little.
That said, extend a glucagon, and ask all your doubts,

Encourage

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
03/17/2018 8:22 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.