{'en': 'My first glucagon', 'es': 'Mi primer glucagón'} Image

My first glucagon

nigiri's profile photo   11/06/2016 3:40 p.m.

Thank you @luvi and @sigsauer, you are right, what fucks me is that it is something that has happened to me by reckless but as you say, it can all happen to us and it is already and see if when you tell it it serves to prevent someone from happening to someoneIn the future, I stay with that.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/08/2016 5:54 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

The rage and feeling of guilt, is something that we cannot avoid, we will always think that with caution we would have avoided it, but in the end everything happens and we stayed with, the thanks that we could solve it and with the lesson learned for again.
@nigiri, I tell you from experience, my daughter collapsed at my feet this summer, I had never happened to be good to lose knowledge in seconds.He got up with 65, I prepared breakfast immediately and when he reached the kitchen he collapsed at my feet, hitting the chest against the bank's marble (thanks that is very high and did not give up in his head).The glucagon was not necessary because I put glucose in the gums and recovered knowledge.He was crying a week, thinking what could have happened, that if he had prepared breakfast more quickly, it would not have happened, that if it is given in the head, that if he had not traced ...... both she andMy little daughter, who took a death scare, spent a week sleeping with me because of the fear they had.Today I stay with the courage he showed, in the afternoon he had a career and wanted to run, I didn't stop crying until I saw her enter by goal.Thus, when you recover from the scare, stay with the courage of your boy, I do not know if when all of them would be capable, you can be proud!

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
11/08/2016 6:32 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rociollinares is that as @Luvi has said we are human and we are wrong and we will surely make mistakes again and above all we are anial of customs and very head!My educator calculated me, stressed and stressed again that when you are low or medium low even if it is the time of breakfast, food or dinner until I have "traced" that hypo, no matter how slight I would not sit to eat, because I don't knowAccounting the times 50-100-150 that being low before eating and how you are going to sit immediately to eat and ate me, in summary that I did not even do what happened to me what happened to me and thereI struck and now even if I reached me 70-75 mg/dl, 2 sugar, I punctuate and how.We are animals and we learn as we stick hosts (with forgiveness) ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/08/2016 7:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Often I also scare yours @rociollinares ... I'm glad you could control it, as @Sigsauer says, we have to learn from our experiences, and above all, avoid repeating mistakes!: -B

fer's profile photo
fer
11/08/2016 8:20 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@sigsauer, you because you did not pay attention to him and I because as if my daughter did not have an educator ....... simply told us the endo that if he came down to a meal that we took a fast and click on the end, from thatDay we go with a little juice and of course or move from the site.This will not happen to us again, but we will see for something else ... and yes, or the hos .... it is good or we do not learn !!!

RocioLlinares
11/08/2016 9:17 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rociollinares about removing 1 and clicking after eating is very beautiful but if you are low and you are in full descent and normally at meals almost all hydrates are slow absorption, that will not work for us and the hip can be while whileWe eat so tell your end@ or whatever it is advisable before speaking, first trace the hypo and then eat independently of whether you puncture before or after the food.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/08/2016 9:30 p.m.

If I am low before a meal, I take a sugar or two (it depends), as and then I puncture.@Rociollinares, your daughter has to be proud of you, you do very well.My parents do not understand diabetes, I catch me that I was already away from home and everything sounds like Chinese.Your daughter is very lucky to have your great support :)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/08/2016 9:40 p.m.

Yes, first a juice.
My daughter in 20 years has never been unconscious, and that she has had fat hypos ..., I had already taken that fear, but I see that ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/08/2016 9:42 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, now that you tell me, they have not told me, if I am low in the food I put a cocacola chute, I am eating because they told me that ahead food and then of the 15min I analyze me, if I have a click I have finished orDo not eat, and if I wait to go back or take more cocacola if I see that it goes down more.But come on that because I prioritize the hypo to food, but I am eating the same, that perhaps I make it fatal but I had never raised this and it always did well, what would it be right?Wait for what to rise to eat?:-?

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/08/2016 10:43 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Thank you very much @nigiri for sharing your experience (and others have told TB things) for me it is very important

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
11/09/2016 7:08 a.m.

The truth is that now after a year, I have been able to verify and learn thanks to you, that our endo leaves much to be desired, but of course at the beginning who do you pay attention to?As you don't know, she has no idea, because she.Just telling you that I raised the change from Lantus to Toujeo, and had no idea, he only knew the Tresiba and changed us to that.Luckily the last review is that of February, then they pass us to adults, and they have spoken to me very well the one that happens in our health.
From that day a little juice is taken and when I go back.Although I don't know, like that day in seconds, it went from being relatively well, it only began to have tremors in the hands, to lose knowledge.The truth is that it has ever been lower and something like that had never happened.One day in the middle of a training, it came to be in 35 (it is the lowest value since it debuted), and she with all tranquiad took her juice, but those who were with her took a good scare.
And @anaisabel, thanks.I suppose that all parents try to do their best for their children, as parents is our duty, I do not think it is any merit and we always have the feeling that we could do it better.

RocioLlinares
11/09/2016 10:30 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rociollinares is that there are no two exact hypoglycemia and not always with 60 you feel half or with 35 fatal, I have become in less than 30 and not notice anything and instead have 70 and find me fatal, I suppose there will be a lotof variables that escape our knowledge.On the other hand, some endocrine is of traca but in my case that I was lucky to debut with a great endocrine, Carlos Ferre, having had very good diabetological education in camps and in health centers, this forum has served me to learn to learnmany things and understand that each body is a world :)

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/10/2016 9:29 p.m.

Now I know @nigiri, based on going through things we learn.We are now with Dr. Ampudia, we have it in Adeslas and seen what was seen with the hospital endo we decided to go.Nothing to do with him, or his educator, even Maria realized the difference, as soon as we left the consultation, he told me, that for nothing in the world he wanted to return to the hospital, but for the recipe of insulin and the strips notWe have another to continue in the hospital.

RocioLlinares
11/11/2016 9:31 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I'm glad @rociollinares!I now come from the Pontonte Specialties Center, here in Madrid, to make me an analytical and talking about medical incompences I do not give credit to what happened to me today.I have arrived at the center and I was quite bad and in front of me there was a tail of 50 people easily waiting to get blood, I have explained to the girl from the counter who was diabetic and that I was giving me a hypoglycemia and that I would not be able to wait for everythingThat tail and tells me that it is not your problem, that in that tail there are many people of oncology and other branches and that they have to wait too.I measure my glucose in front of him and explain again with the machine that I have a hypoglycemia and that he is going down at times and tells me that he feels me and that if in a while I find myself worse to warn ... you can imagine howI have felt.Finally I have spoken with a nurse I have explained to the situation and they have taken me blood quickly and I have been able to take the juice etc, my intention was to put a claim sheet to the girl, which did not want to give me her name but in the end I wasso tired that I have preferred to go and forget it because I eye ...

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/11/2016 11:18 a.m.

Jopeta @nigiri.Anyway you should put the claim when you are better.
The analytics was for another reason other than diabetes?

RocioLlinares
11/11/2016 12:49 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Joder @nigiri between hypoglycemia and the analytics give total priority to hypoglycemia, I want to tell you that they can give the analytics for the sack.In any case, it was already commented in another thread that if you are low on the day of the analytics, drinking with water does not influence at all the result of it.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/11/2016 1:29 p.m.

I totally agree with @sigsauer that the first is hypoglycemia and that the value of glycosiladResult with telling him the story of the incompetent is more than clear ...
On the other hand I would put claim as soon as you can.The girl will be an ignorant in the subject but that less than to form the administrators (or whatever) that are pending analytics ...

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
11/11/2016 3:32 p.m.

By the way a question regarding the case of @nigiri ... if you have dinner well or you are taking tapas ... the tb drinks with normal drink or can I alternate?Normal I think it's too much right?

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
11/11/2016 3:36 p.m.

@Rociollinares since I was diagnosed by hypothyroidism I make me complete hormone and rest every three months
@sigsauer absolutely agree but the girl seems to me a total incompetence

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/11/2016 4:34 p.m.

mariah14 said:
by the way a question regarding the case of @nigiri ... if you have dinner well or you are taking tapas ... the tb glasses with normal drink or can it alternate ??I say it because you have eaten and take all with Coca Cola Normal I think it is too much not?

Let's see, if you get out of glasses with type 1 diabetes the goal is to be calm (relatively) and enjoy, and above all that you do not end up in the hospital after you have put glucose in vein, or dead.

Our body with large amounts of alcohol is a pump for type 1 diabetics. The liver gives priority to metabolize alcohol and stop releasing glucose, but our basal insulin continues to act the same as always and is what makes us go down without brakesIf precautions are not taken.

It is one thing if you talk to me about a couple of beers, but if you are going from Copazo in Copazo as I said it is about being calm and surviving.Believe me that even if you are in constant 200 hyperglycemia throughout the night, it can go down to less than 100 in a matter of minutes and do not find out.

Drinking with sugary drink is to give that extra glucose to your body that is not releasing the liver because you have it drowned in alcohol.
If you have a continuous glucose measurement, you can alternate azure drinks and not.If you know your body well, you put an alarm in 150 and while you are above it is a safe range.
Going to strips ... very careful, for a few hours in 200 nothing happens.

And above all, ID to sleep high, without continuous measurement I would leave in 200. I have ever sounded the alarm at four hours to bed with the glucose down 5 in 5 every 5 minutes.I already notified.

Drunk with type 1 diabetes is a risk activity and you have to assume it, and the one who intends to be all night in 100 flat better than stays at home or goes out to waters.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/11/2016 7:57 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.