{'en': 'Slow toujeo (healthy) insulin', 'es': 'Insulina lenta  Toujeo (Sanofi)'} Image

Slow toujeo (healthy) insulin

valky's profile photo   03/11/2016 11:58 p.m.

happy2avocados said:
Hello, I've been with Toujeo for approximately 3 months, having been before with Lantus for many years.Its behavior is unpredictable and chaotic with the same dose: one day it is able to make a perfect basal like another day makes a 300 peak or a tendency to be very low and hypoglycemia need more time than usual to be able to trace them.In addition, my Novorapid needs have lowered a lot (1 UD / 2 HC rations, when before with Lantus it was 1 UD / 1 ration HC).Has someone happened to someone?

The comment went to you @happy2vocados, but I don't know what happened ... Sorry

Cristinarivera's profile photo
Cristinarivera
11/20/2017 9:12 a.m.

Pancreatectomía total el 15 de junio 2016.
Novorápid 4/5-2,5/3-0/2 de momento...
Toujeo 23 a las 18,00 (variando continuamente)
calculando raciones a ver si me toca una bomba...

As @"rake" tells you, consult this issue with your endocrine because in 3 months one already sees where the shots go.Everyone, as they tell you, is a world and what is done to another not, is a matter of trying.I spent almost a year with Toujeo and it was fatal to me.He had that same behavior: sometimes perfect, other day all day in Hipo and others all day in Hiper.I have been with three months with three months and I am super good, super stable and with perfect control over my glycemia.I changed my endocrine and this new changed me directly from insulin, heh.Now they are going to put the bomb on Wednesday but if I had to return to pen, without a doubt, I would return to Tresiba!

JPR's profile photo
JPR
11/20/2017 9:42 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Hi Cristina,

I have returned to the Lantus about 4 weeks ago and everything has returned to normal: it is normal that there is a minimal variability for periods and personal circumstances (stress, sport, daily habits, etc.), but the best thing is that no longerThere are super stable days followed by Hiper days and other hypo ... that an insulin is stable and reliable are important qualities of an insulin.

If you have been with Toujeo for a year, you should speak with your endocrine or educator and raise a change.Toujeo insulin in general is going very well, but in certain cases it does not.In the market there are luckily several alternatives and each person is better or the other.

Sometimes when HC complexes along with a food rich in proteins and/or fats I also have a gradual rise of levels just when the effect of the rapid ends.Or I put the insulin after eating or correct at 3-4 hours.

I hope I have helped you,

Greetings

Cristarivera said:
Hello, I've been with Toujeo approximately 3 months, having been before with Lantus for many years.Its behavior is unpredictable and chaotic with the same dose: one day it is able to make a perfect basal like another day makes a 300 peak or a tendency to be very low and hypoglycemia need more time than usual to be able to trace them.In addition, my Novorapid needs have lowered a lot (1 UD / 2 HC rations, when before with Lantus it was 1 UD / 1 ration HC).Has someone happened to someone?

I have been with Toujeo for a year and I agree with you, the same thing happens to me.It does not cover me 24 hours and TB I need much less fast.That together with the late to start doing the digestion always, as I spend with the fat I have already brought it: a safe hypo and fierce at four or five hours with what I arrive at dinner through the clouds.But if I put on the corresponding hiccade of early morning or did not arrive even for the lining to breakfast.So I'm going to bed above 200 and I don't get in more trouble.
I asked about the Tresiba but the endocrine has told me that Nones.And keep it up.And so I continue.

happy2avocados's profile photo
happy2avocados
11/26/2017 10:46 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have returned to Lantus and everything has returned to normal.As you say each one we are a world!

rake said:
me
Happy2avocados said:
Hello, I've been with Toujeo for approximately 3 months, having been before with Lantus for many years.Its behavior is unpredictable and chaotic with the same dose: one day it is able to make a perfect basal like another day makes a 300 peak or a tendency to be very low and hypoglycemia need more time than usual to be able to trace them.In addition, my Novorapid needs have lowered a lot (1 UD / 2 HC rations, when before with Lantus it was 1 UD / 1 ration HC).Has someone happened to someone?

I use the Tresiba, which is similar to the toujeo, that is, more flat than 24h duration.
For the forum there are many who are doing great Toujeo, and others the three -year ... if you have been 3 months and you do not get "control it" I would tell the endocrine to change three to see if you do better.
As each one we are a world ..

happy2avocados
11/26/2017 10:58 a.m.

Return to the lantus and with it to stability.Good luck with the bomb!

jpr said:
as @"rake" tells you, consult this topic with your endocrine because in 3 months one already sees where the shots go.Everyone, as they tell you, is a world and what is done to another not, is a matter of trying.I spent almost a year with Toujeo and it was fatal to me.He had that same behavior: sometimes perfect, other day all day in Hipo and others all day in Hiper.I have been with three months with three months and I am super good, super stable and with perfect control over my glycemia.I changed my endocrine and this new changed me directly from insulin, heh.Now they are going to put the bomb on Wednesday but if I had to return to pen, without a doubt, I would return to Tresiba!

happy2avocados
11/26/2017 11 a.m.

Does the recipe be sealed as inspection like La Tresiba ????

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/15/2018 10:18 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I do not know if you are taking it into account but the toujeo is important to put it more or less in the same area.I always put it in the upper part of the thigh, almost in the buttock, varying my leg and a little the area but without getting out of there.As the absorption changes according to the injection zone if one day you put it in the thigh, another in the gut, another in the arm can be very unpredictable the behavior because it is absorbed differently according to the area.I have that area of ​​the "reserved for the slow" thighs, and the rapid use of the rest of the areas and so it is very good.It is to try and if not change to another insulin.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/16/2018 9:40 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Hello.I have changed Tresiba to Toujeo 3 weeks ago and I can't adjust it ... I went from getting 18 from three to 22 from Toujeo.As with 22 I went down a lot at night I went to 20, but now I have the problem that I am high all day although I adjust the fast and I do not know what to do !!!I also have the doubt that I put the basal at 13: 45h and wanted to know if for example I put it at night, would you no longer have those night drops?Thank you

mpl123's profile photo
mpl123
10/01/2019 10:16 a.m.

Hello my name is Laura.My 86 -year -old Pope is using 8 hours.Toujeo 11 u and correcting the difference with Apidra.The levels are measured in the morning before breakfast when both are placed and before dinner that only corrects with Apidra.The problem is that it never drops from 250 and I don't know what to do.Normally he lives alone and takes care of a lady but due to the pandemic she does not attend her diabetologist.According to these numbers, they are like that.Pocre upload the toujeo so as not to live nervously with this problem.He is doing the strict diet and the truth I don't know what to do for that I turn to you.From now on if someone can guide me even if it is a bit, I would appreciate them very much.

laurabo's profile photo
laurabo
04/16/2020 10:31 a.m.

@laurabo, increases slow insulin (toujeo), little by little (one in one unit) until in the morning it is fine (90 ..110 mg/dl).
It should take less than a month.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
04/16/2020 10:51 a.m.

But are the levels always above 200?before and after eating?A complete curve should be made to see what insulin is the one that has to vary although it probably has to raise the toujeo

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/16/2020 10:57 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Josep111, it is not the same amount of insulin with Lantus as with Toujeo, much less, at least in my case and in that of many I know.I put 18 of Lantus but I had the problem of inadvertent and also fat nocturnal hypoglycemia, I was very scared and we started with Toujeo, at first I started with 18 as well as with the lantus, but I got up as they have said in previous posts, very high, very high, very high,About 300, I started up and up and now I put on 24, but still with 24, I still get up somewhat high, around 150-160, not every day but most of them, it is as if it cost him work to start theFirst hours, however, from noon and the whole afternoon to dinner, superb, rather with a downward trend, and it lasts more than 24 hours without problem, I have ever put it at 8 in the afternoonand others around 12 at night and without difference in glycemia.My problem is that, which seems that from 3 in the morning the blood glucose begins to rise, two hours after dinner at best I have 80, I go to bed and in the morning when I measure me with the free I can have 160 andI see in the curve that has been climbing when the effect of the quick of the dinner has disappeared.
I don't know if someone happens to someone.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/16/2020 11:50 a.m.

I don't want to put more insulin at dinner (fast) because I exercise in the afternoon around 7 and I can give me a low and fast after dinner I am a little scared because I usually lie down at two and a half hours of having dinnerAnd if the fast insulin lasts almost 4 hours according to the brand, it is not going to be hiccup.
By the way, I also get Humalog, if I test apidra, tell me how you are doing and the difference you see, there is also Fiasp, which is another possibility.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/16/2020 11:53 a.m.

@Meginer The same thing happened to me as you with Toujeo;It was to which time, I did three tests at 3pm, 19h and 23: 30h.Even leaving the bed with 70 in the freestyle the next day at least 150 and continued to go up if I went to work without breakfast.

drjesusangel's profile photo
drjesusangel
04/16/2020 3:11 p.m.

Yes, just like me, sometimes I was going to work without breakfast and had breakfast somewhat later and kept going up, however from noon, I was already going down.
And how did you solve it? You changed insulin or what happened?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/16/2020 4:13 p.m.

Desperate and tired of insisting on changing insulin with SES without getting it, I changed to Tresiba a month ago that I buy it free in Portugal and solved, although now I am in Spain and I am fearing to have to return to Toujeo.

drjesusangel's profile photo
drjesusangel
04/16/2020 7:01 p.m.

Hello, I have changed from Lanús 11 u to tournament 12u, I put it in the morning about 10h, but in the afternoon about 7pm begins to raise the glucose and arrived at dinner with 200, before breakfast I am fine, I don't know how to solveBefore dinner values, greetings to all

nuriapal14's profile photo
nuriapal14
09/09/2020 1:34 p.m.

@"Nuria Aguejas", you have to increase the rapid insulin dose of noon (or change the typology of noon food -mere fats-).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
09/10/2020 1:20 p.m.

Thank you, I will try both ideas, better the first because I think like few, maybe it is happening with the salad oil and the fried vegetables, I will observe it, I had not occurred to me, I was lost hehe

nuriapal14's profile photo
nuriapal14
09/10/2020 2:50 p.m.

Hello everyone, almost three years ago that I am injecting toujeo, it is a basal of 24h. Its use put to detail or lantus can be created.Rigorous control order 75%in the range. My weight 64kg, I never lowered the interstitial glucose of 53. Threeiba for example lasts 72 hours and it doesn't matter to click fabric in the morning that in the afternoon you can move the problem at any time the problemWhat it has is that they are stored in the liver and Toujeo Toujeo does not.It is still concentrated 3.40 and so many and I inject it between 4:10 and 16:45 at the time of the snack begins to take effect if I am going to walk a little from 3 hours and it has a maximum peak ofA 7.8 hours, it usually lasts between 21 and 23 and a half hours depending on the day and the work I do.No hypoglycemia during the day make the physical effort you do.It cost me a month and a half to insulin.Greetings to all.

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
12/12/2020 4:49 p.m.

K5288pn25.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.