{'en': 'Slow toujeo (healthy) insulin', 'es': 'Insulina lenta  Toujeo (Sanofi)'} Image

Slow toujeo (healthy) insulin

valky's profile photo   03/11/2016 11:58 p.m.

It's here, I already have it in my hands!It's like a new toy that I want to try :)
I am currently with Lantus every 12 hours, I put it at 7.00 and at 7:00 p.m. since the 24 h that they sell did not work in me, so if this new insulin is more lasting as they say, I can save a puncture,and click only once a day of slow (apart from the usual 3 fast, breakfast, food and dinner).Tomorrow I begin to try it.

They have always told me that the Lantus is a very stable basal, and that as soon as I put it on, my values ​​should not vary as in the fast, but I insisted my endocrine and educator that I noticed the change.Example, I put it at 19.00 when the effect of the rapid has already ended, and not melting or as anything, because I detect that my values ​​are going down little by little, and they did not believe me.

Now in the Toujeo brochure they put a graph comparing the effect with the Lantus, and look where it is seen that the lantus as soon as you put it has a rise curve and then it goes down, trying to show that the new toujeo is a lotMore stable, but my theory also shows me that the Lantus has a more pronounced curve.

Are anyone using the toujeo?Any observation?I will inform you as soon as I put it on me.

valky's profile photo
valky
03/11/2016 11:58 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

I remember, when we started Conn Lantus at night, the descent chopped, and thanks to the help of people from a forum, we spent it in the morning, and it was the solution.
That's why I like to share our experiences around.
That you do very well @Valky, and tell us.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/12/2016 12:44 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good morning Valky, it is the first time I write in the forum and coincidentally I also start with the toujeo today ... if it arrives because yesterday they did not have it in any of the pharmacies of the city .... I hope we gogood.What has caught my attention is that my case is similar to yours, at 5pStable the rest of the day a dream, not to mention that the Lantus never reached me at 24hrs.I'll tell you how

Greetings

alejandrocl's profile photo
alejandrocl
03/12/2016 11:33 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

A question, in the prospectus it can be used in pregnant women?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/12/2016 4:15 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Gala Toujeo is insulin glargina as Lantus (only more concentrated) therefore is in category C according to the FDA.That is, no adverse effects have been seen during animals gestation but there are no controlled studies with humans.In practice as we already know many women use Lantus being pregnant so I suppose it will depend a little on the hospital where they take you pregnancy, if they use lantus in pregnant women they will surely also use toujeo.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
03/12/2016 4:56 p.m.

@Inday, is that the lantus was not going well and the endocrine did not want me to put the threeiba for pregnancy because I was not proven but if I continued with Lantus I was going to spoil the hem because I was getting worse, correcting, correctingAll the time, so it was to try threeiba or bomb and the truth that with the three -better but of course it told me that if I pregnant myself in summer that is when we want to get to the job I would have to take it out because it gives it a little ofFear and bomb I am not very sure to love her for that she asked if the toujeo could be put

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/12/2016 6:34 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Regina I have also tried many combinations with the Lantus, tomorrow, afternoon, night, and in the end the best option was thus left every 12h.We even tested equal quantities 10u in the morning at 7.00 and 10u at 7:00 p.m. and I have been adjusting and what was best to me was 13u at 7.00 and 5u at 19.00.So you see, each one is a world: P

Welcome @Alejandrocl, the truth that is so new that my endocrine had to do the recipe by hand because it did not appear in the system, and in my usual pharmacy they had to call directly but the next day I had it.Today I have put it for the first time and for the moment, I have not noticed almost change, although when I notice it I suppose it will be Monday through Friday with the schedule and routine rhythm.The weekend, it is always a little crazer and different: P

@Gala, then I read the brochure to see if putting something, although I think your endocrine will be the best opinion to take into account, and others, from here to summer there will surely be many more people who try it for pregnant women and you will havebest references.:>

valky's profile photo
valky
03/12/2016 8:33 p.m.

@Gala if you want to get to work in summer and your endo does not want you to use the three in pregnancy I would talk to him about the possibility of directly using the toujeo to see if he is doing better.If you do not want you to use the toujeo either or it does not work well for me because of my personal experience I recommend that you give a chance to the bomb, really that a pregnancy with a bomb is much easier to carry.And total, with the Barrigon the bomb hides very well, that I know that this is something that worries you.Then, you can always return to Tresiba once you are no longer pregnant.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
03/12/2016 10:07 p.m.

Well, for your information, as I said, before with the Lantus, I punctured me twice, 13 and 5 units, now with the toujeo I put 18 units in the morning.During the day I do very well, but I have the feeling that in the afternoon loses "strength", if from 20.00 to 21.00 I go for a walk, I arrive well at dinner time, with some snack, but if I stay at home, I don't have to snack because otherwise I arrive at dinner.The nights are also a mystery, since some night I have been on a stable line, and other nights I have had dances (luck of the dexcom that warns).I still have not controlled that.
Any more experience here?

valky's profile photo
valky
03/21/2016 12:24 a.m.

Hello, I am from Chile and between Lantus and Tresiba I prefer a thousand times three times, since, they no longer give me severe hypoglycemia, even with 33 of glycemia, with Lantus it is another story, with that glycemia and lantus the seizure is safe.
I want to try that toujeo insulin, and see how well you can maintain my levels.
THANK YOU !!

catgina's profile photo
catgina
03/21/2016 2:02 a.m.

Boys I already have the toujeo in my hands.Tonight I start with her.... I will put 16 units at 10pm and I will tell you how it works.

And in the end I will make a general assessment of the two most popular basal (Tresiba and Toujeo) and I will definitely keep one of them.With the Tresiba I have been since February and I am quite happy to put it at noon (14: 30h) In the end I have stayed with 16 units now to see the toujeo.

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
04/07/2016 4:06 p.m.

22:45H- TOUJEO 22 und. Peso: 73 kg.
HUMALOG a demanda
OneTouch Verio IQ / OneTouch Verio

Joé, how often you go to the endocrine ..?Have you tried threeiba and you're going to start with Toujeo .. ??You are a machine ..;)

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/07/2016 9:04 p.m.

sigsauer said:
joé, how much time rhino vexperience ..?Have you tried threeiba and you're going to start with Toujeo .. ??You are a machine ..;)

I go for free.The header makes me the header or gives me a free trial pen.I prefer to guide myself and my feelings.

I go to the endocrine once a year and ready.Having the Internet and 23 years of sufficient experience to take information.

I am already with the toujeo I like it now I am with 21 units here a few days I will tell you my conclusions.

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
04/10/2016 1:50 a.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

Hi @Josep111,

I saw that you have had to get the toujeo quite a lot about what you were carrying, right?Something similar happened to me, I went from 16 from Lantus to 20 from Toujeo, and I worried a little, but now I see that it is normal.

I think that it works quite well, although my problem has not been completely taken away, which is not lasting 24h ...

gha's profile photo
gha
04/11/2016 3:17 p.m.

Dm1 desde 1996
Última Hemo: 5.9
Tratamiento: Humalog y Toujeo

gha said:
hello @josep111,

I saw that you have had to get the toujeo quite a lot about what you were carrying, right?Something similar happened to me, I went from 16 from Lantus to 20 from Toujeo, and I worried a little, but now I see that it is normal.

I think that it works for me quite well, although my problem has not been completely removed, which is not lasting 24h ...

Toujeo is concentrated insulin glargine.They have improved the lack of the Lantus

Lantus: 100 units/ml injectable solution in a vial (insulin glargina)
Toujeo: 300 units/ml injectable solution in a road (insulin glargina)

I will explain the most concentrated to avoid doubts:

- To start with the toujeo you have to put the total units that you injected with the Lantus.Although the toujeo is more concentrated the doses are the same but less liquid will enter you.That is, let's put two units of toujeo because comparing it with the lantus these two units in the toujeo will be less liquid to the PEN but equivalent in power to those of the Lantus.

The most concentration is explained.I explain it because there are users who believe that you have to wear less dose with the toujeo and it is not so.They are the same dose but less liquid will enter in the body.

You just needing the total of the Lantus.In my case I was injected with the Lantus 21 units and now with the Toujeo 23 units.

This week I will tell you my definitive conclusion and with which basal I stay.At the moment very happy with Toujeo tell you that it covers me 24h and I notice it more flat than the lantus.I am liking.

GHA: If you don't cover you 24 hours, put it at night at dinner at your arms like this with the fast.In principle you should not have problems because if it covers 24h they have improved it with respect to Lantus that in my case did not cover.

I already tell you something.... All the best.

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
04/11/2016 6:52 p.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

I have tried three months and now I am with Toujeo.Soon I will give my opinion regarding these basal ones.

At the moment quite happy with Toujeo it covers me 24 hours that before with Lantus I had to put it in twice and I notice it more flat.

The only inconvenience that I am noticing in these two basal in my case is the morning glycemia.Sulen to be high or have this trend (not having peaks and being very flat usually raises blood glucose at night when sleeping).

This happens to you ????

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
04/11/2016 11:37 p.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

Conclusion taken from the two most popular basal of today:

I definitely stay with Toujeo and explain my reasons.

Tresiba:

I have been trying it for a while.I started putting it at night (22h) with the problem that sugar lowered before noon food.I changed to put it at 2:30 p.m. and solve the problem.And in principle quite well only in the absence of adjusting the dose a little more because it used to lift somewhat high glycemia.You have to lower the fast on meals.

Toujeo:

I can't say anything else.I put it at 10:45 p.m. and I cover me all day I notice it more flat than the Lantus and I am very good.Having the dose set goes wonderfully.And I have managed to get up with normal glycemia.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dose for you to have a reference all those who start with these basal ones (more or less later depend on each one):

Tresiba: 4 less than the total of the Lantus.
Toujeo: 1 or 2 more than the total of the Lantus.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also tell you that I will try the fast insulin Apidra Solostar de Sanofi.The peak is somewhat more pronounced than the similar ones and what I like the most is the Pen Solostar.This is already hobbies of a server since they are all very similar now used Humalog.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Toujeo has won in my case. This is my basal."Tell you that the two basal are successful and this already depends on each one.

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
04/12/2016 2:17 p.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

Tell you that in the case of putting the toujeo at night "I upload two fast units and before sleeping adjustments with one more quickly than I need."

And with this I have managed to get up with normal glycems.

For the rest of the day I use the same fast units as with the Lantus.

I am very happy with Toujeo I am all day with good glycemias (usually).

Courage everyone.

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
04/12/2016 2:26 p.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

@Josep111 If I want to be fine in the morning I also have to put a fast unit before bed.I see then, that it is normal and I should not look for changes if the rest of the day I'm going well, right?

gha's profile photo
gha
04/12/2016 3:02 p.m.

Dm1 desde 1996
Última Hemo: 5.9
Tratamiento: Humalog y Toujeo

Josep111 said:
tell you that in the case of putting the toujeo at night "I upload two fast units and before sleeping adjustment with one more quickly than I need".

And with this I have managed to get up with normal glycems.

For the rest of the day I use the same fast units as with the Lantus.

I am very happy with Toujeo I am all day with good glycemias (usually).

Courage everyone.

I will explain this a little better so that it is clarified and there are no doubt:

With threeiba during the day I needed less fast at meals less at dinner that needed the same as with Lantus (putting it at 10pm).
With Toujeo I need the same fast as with Lantus at meals less at dinner than I need something else (two more units).If I need to adjust before I go to sleep I need something more quickly than before specifically one more unit (I put it at 10:45 p.m.).

It covers me perfectly 24 hours a day and I notice it very flat.Now I think I have explained better.Very happy with Toujeo.

A hug to all.

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
04/12/2016 3:22 p.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.