{'en': 'Slow toujeo (healthy) insulin', 'es': 'Insulina lenta  Toujeo (Sanofi)'} Image

Slow toujeo (healthy) insulin

valky's profile photo   03/11/2016 11:58 p.m.

gha said:
@Josep111 I do want to be fine in the morning I also have to put a fast unit before bed.I see then, that it is normal and I should not look for changes if the rest of the day I go well, right?

Do not look for changes if the rest of the day you go well.Fast use the same that you put with Lantus except at dinner that you will require more quickly (about one or two more units) and when you control yourself before sleeping if you will need to correct you will need something more quickly than before specifically one more unit one more unit."All this putting it at night the toujeo."

Toujeo: 1 or 2 more units than you put in Lantus (more or less).Then each person is a world.

Gha: The toujeo has surprised me how flat it is.... and it covers you perfectly 24h.Courage and little by little.

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
04/12/2016 3:30 p.m.

22:45H- TOUJEO 22 und. Peso: 73 kg.
HUMALOG a demanda
OneTouch Verio IQ / OneTouch Verio

There is a very interesting app called:

"Goal tracracker & inhabitants" and consists of a normal calendar that marks the day when you meet a goal.

It serves me when I wear the basal to mark it and know if I have put it on or not.

It is interesting because even having the mobile phone alarm you sometimes turn it off because you are doing things and then you don't know if you carry it or not.With this app when you put it marks and there is no doubt.

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
04/14/2016 11:42 p.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

Well, I'm about to try to put the toujeo at night.Now I put it in the morning when breakfast, Durant the day is doing very well, but at the time of the snack it is as if there were no, instead at night I get down to almost the downturn.I still try it.thank you.

valky's profile photo
valky
04/18/2016 12:16 a.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Well, I'm about to try to put the toujeo at night.Now I put it in the morning when breakfast, Durant the day is doing very well, but at the time of the snack it is as if there were no, instead at night I get down to almost the downturn.I still try it.thank you.

valky's profile photo
valky
04/18/2016 12:16 a.m.

I have tried the two basal and they have done very well.

But the toujeo is the best by far.Normal glycemia when I get up and without very flat nocturnal hypoglycemia without peaks.

It covers me perfectly 24h and I need the same fast at meals as with the Lantus.

"The truth that the Lantus has improved satisfactorily."

I need the same units as with Lantus.

With three -noise without nocturnal hypos but high glycemia when I woke up and descended before eating.I covered me 24h perfectly. 

This is my experience to date with these two basals recently extended in Spain. 

I have definitely stayed with Toujeo and very happy.

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
04/21/2016 1:26 p.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

For all the clueless there are these two applications in the Play Store of Android very interesting to know if we have put the basal and the rapid.

"Momentum Builder" this one used for the fast since you can put a title to each target and warm on the day of the calendar.

Example:

1- Humalog lunch
2- Humalog food
3- Humalog snack
4- Humalog Cena
5- Humalog before sleeping (correct)

And every time you get the Humalog you enter the objective that corresponds and indicated in the calendar.So you know you have put it on.

I am doing this reminder very well because I am almost never at home and sometimes with the change of schedules.When I get Humalog, I point out the calendar and voila.

"Goal tracracker & inhabitant" This used it for the basal in my case the toujeo.You put the title of the target in my Toujeo case 22 units and the time to remind you here I also have the mobile alarm.You indicate the calendar when you put it on and ready.

I no longer suffer if I have put it on or not ... these applications are going wonderfully so I get the mobile phones that we all have today.

Greetings I hope to see that it may be necessary.

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
05/02/2016 3:16 p.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

Very good!
Today is the first day I write in the forum (although I have been following you a season).I debuted 10 years ago and luckily I have been able to carry good control more or less (last hemoglobin 5.8).

A month ago my endocrine recommended to start with Toujeo and for the moment I did not just do it.Before I put Lantus at night (about 28-31 units).I started with the same guideline as Toujeo but lift me with 300 peaks so I went up.I am already in 35 and I still lift quite high> 200.I have also noticed that I have to put more fast insulin (Novorrapid) at breakfast and food.Yes I notice that in the afternoon I go something better than with the Lantus.
I have proven my glucose on occasion at dawn and does not seem to come as a rebound for night hypoglycemia.

I wanted to know if you have had similar experiences or simply comment how you have gone to you.Go up the toujeo so much I do not know if it is normal ......

Thank you so much!

Oscar2006's profile photo
Oscar2006
06/03/2016 8:43 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @Oscar2006

I have been with the toujeo for a few months and now I do super good, but the morning is also what I find most adjusting ...

Either I did not get ... I put myself 16-18 from Lantus and now 25-27 of Toujeo, so I think the Insu rise is normal!Ahh and much less fast!As the basal game uploads more with the rapids :)

Luck!!

gha's profile photo
gha
06/03/2016 9:26 a.m.

Dm1 desde 1996
Última Hemo: 5.9
Tratamiento: Humalog y Toujeo

Hello, my 13 -year -old son, diabetes since the age of 7, has changed to Toujedo for three weeks, and it only cost him to adapt, yes, raising the units quite a lot: Lantus was put in the snack 16 units.,But he did not even reach the food, and now he puts 23 from Toujedo, then the climb is considerable.It is seen that you have to eat something more after noon food (this slow lasts more), eat something less after the snack to dinner, and at night, that we look at him once or twice, it's fine, but having what eatenSome cookie for maintenance.I think this slow is better, since it lasts longer, and there is no basal empty after food, in my case for putting the slow in the snack.All the best

Santos's profile photo
Santos
06/07/2016 noon

How good @values ​​that the toujeo goes well, for luck I could convince my endo and I prescribe it too.
I still have two Lantus cartridges without use, immediately I just ended by it.
I will tell you how it goes although the changes give at the beginning a little courage the comments at a general level are excellent.
greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/15/2016 11:46 a.m.

good how today I started with toujeo I have put the same dois with lantus and I am super high
Does anyone know if with the toujeo you have to put more doses than with the lantus?

jack's profile photo
jack
01/29/2017 8:19 p.m.

Link

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/29/2017 8:36 p.m.

@"Jack" told me to put me a little more.Before with the Lantus I put 13 units, and with the toujeo they told me to put me 16, and now I have been uploading to 18. That was my case, although you already know that each one here is a world: P

valky's profile photo
valky
01/29/2017 8:36 p.m.

Hello people!good night!I am new here, but dependent insulin diabetics, many years ago, it came until today with Levemir insulin, with 22 units in the morning and 4 units at night, the daily average was acceptable, but very variable and very high hemoglobin (9)From tomorrow I start with the new toujeo insulin, the endocrinologist considers that the result will be very favorable.Then I tell you my new experience!

Susana Uzuriaga's profile photo
Susana Uzuriaga
03/07/2017 4:02 a.m.

Hello
I have seen about her comments from the toujeo insulin, my mother is diábetica and she is rancid in the US but will soon come to Guadalajara, Mexico visiting a few months.They just prescribed this "toujeo" insulin and I want to know where they sell it here in Guadalajara, to buy it here and be more comfortable for her than to walk by carrying from Ayá, I do not know if any of the users are from Mexico and can give me their help ...
And greetings from here and a kiss!

Yaya Chavez's profile photo
Yaya Chavez
03/16/2017 6:25 p.m.

Oscar2006 said:
very good!
Today is the first day I write in the forum (although I have been following you a season).I debuted 10 years ago and luckily I have been able to carry good control more or less (last hemoglobin 5.8).

A month ago my endocrine recommended to start with Toujeo and for the moment I did not just do it.Before I put Lantus at night (about 28-31 units).I started with the same guideline as Toujeo but lift me with 300 peaks so I went up.I am already in 35 and I still lift quite high & GT; 200.I have also noticed that I have to put more fast insulin (Novorrapid) at breakfast and food.Yes I notice that in the afternoon I go something better than with the Lantus.
I have proven my glucose on occasion at dawn and does not seem to come as a rebound for night hypoglycemia.

I wanted to know if you have had similar experiences or simply comment how you have gone to you.Go up the toujeo so much I do not know if it is normal ......

Thank you so much!

My endo recommended me 34 from Toujeo, that was on Monday, today I go for 37 or because I feel that I need faster and I am afraid of nighttime downs.I manage it at 14:30 and yesterday I was with values ​​between 100 and 180 so I will try a little more to see what happens.
My endo also told me not to surprise me that when I visit it again (in two months for the theme of pregnancy plan) that goes for 50 u.It seemed excessive but apparently he told me that Toujeo needed more units than the three.I was going down with Tresiba because the morning were all hypoglycemia, in fact I started with 36 and I finished with 29 and nothing, totally uncontrolled.

Salu2 to those who are diabetic every day!: x

patri_caracol's profile photo
patri_caracol
04/20/2017 12:40 p.m.

Azucarada desde los 5 añitos
21 años manipulando agujas!
Toujeo 34u / Novorapid 15u diarias + ó -
App diario para control de diabetes mySugr
Última Hemo: 6,1 % OBJETIVO SUPERADO!!
A esforzarse que VAMOS A SER PAPIS!!!

Un saludo a los que día a día somos diabéticos :x

Hello, I've been with Toujeo for about 3 months, having been with Lantus for many years.Its behavior is unpredictable and chaotic with the same dose: one day it is able to make a perfect basal like another day makes a 300 peak or a tendency to be very low and hypoglycemia need more time than usual to be able to trace them.In addition, my Novorapid needs have lowered a lot (1 UD / 2 HC rations, when before with Lantus it was 1 UD / 1 ration HC).Has someone happened to someone?

happy2avocados's profile photo
happy2avocados
10/23/2017 12:42 a.m.

I have a doubt: the toujeo is slow insulin, but that coagulates in another way when it is injected and distributed better over time, causing less descended in theory.But it is three times more insulin.

Without having descents, he wants to return to the lifelong Lantus, which is more shot over the years.
I'm going to chivar the doctor when I go, to see what he says.

There are both mess of insulins and with such aesthetic names, that when you go to the pharmacy you want to ask you to put you from the house, as with the wine.

Erty's profile photo
Erty
11/10/2017 3:14 p.m.

I

Happy2avocados said:
Hello, I've been with Toujeo for approximately 3 months, having been before with Lantus for many years.Its behavior is unpredictable and chaotic with the same dose: one day it is able to make a perfect basal like another day makes a 300 peak or a tendency to be very low and hypoglycemia need more time than usual to be able to trace them.In addition, my Novorapid needs have lowered a lot (1 UD / 2 HC rations, when before with Lantus it was 1 UD / 1 ration HC).Has someone happened to someone?

I use the Tresiba, which is similar to the toujeo, that is, more flat than 24h duration.
For the forum there are many who are doing great Toujeo, and others the three -year ... if you have been 3 months and you do not get "control it" I would tell the endocrine to change three to see if you do better.
As each one we are a world ..

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
11/13/2017 10:03 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

Hello, I've been with Toujeo for approximately 3 months, having previously been with Lantus for many years.Its behavior is unpredictable and chaotic with the same dose: one day it is able to make a perfect basal like another day makes a 300 peak or a tendency to be very low and hypoglycemia need more time than usual to be able to trace them.In addition, my Novorapid needs have lowered a lot (1 UD / 2 HC rations, when before with Lantus it was 1 UD / 1 ration HC).Has someone happened to someone?

I have been with Toujeo for a year and I agree with you, the same thing happens to me.It does not cover me 24 hours and TB I need much less fast.That together with the late to start doing the digestion always, as I spend with the fat I have already brought it: a safe hypo and fierce at four or five hours with what I arrive at dinner through the clouds.But if I put on the corresponding hiccade of early morning or did not arrive even for the lining to breakfast.So I'm going to bed above 200 and I don't get in more trouble.
I asked about the Tresiba but the endocrine has told me that Nones.And keep it up.And so I continue.

Cristinarivera's profile photo
Cristinarivera
11/20/2017 9:09 a.m.

Pancreatectomía total el 15 de junio 2016.
Novorápid 4/5-2,5/3-0/2 de momento...
Toujeo 23 a las 18,00 (variando continuamente)
calculando raciones a ver si me toca una bomba...

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.