{'en': 'Diabetic Diabetic Children', 'es': 'Hijos diabéticos de padres diabéticos'} Image

Diabetic Diabetic Children

Marga_rita's profile photo   05/04/2016 1:36 a.m.

Hello everyone,
I arrive a little late to the discussion, but I would like to leave my opinion :) I have been diabetic or having diabetes for almost 17 years, I have been taking care of these last two years to have a pregnancy without complications.Obviously, and I think like any mother wish it was a healthy, happy, good person, intelligent, precious, etc., etc.In spite of this I am aware that it can have diabetes or not, you can develop some other type of rare disease or not, or some gene that has gone unnoticed throughout generations can be woken up.As @Anzazuleg commented, the risk that my little girl will assume for being diabetic is so small that in my case I have not thought that it is determining enough not to have children.If the risk had been greater, it is quite likely that my resolution would have been the same, since for me diabetes is a whore and disgust that would like anyone to have, but it is not so much as not to prefer the rest of the things thatIt offers my life.Moreover, if I had the option to choose whether I want to come to the world or not knowing how my life has been so far (diabetes included), of course I would have decided that if, without a doubt.Unfortunately, I have seen how healthy girls have developed other types of diseases such as Rett syndrome, in which case, if I had the option to decide knowing in advance that it could happen to my daughter, in that case I think I would refrain fromhave offspring.In my opinion, diabetes is not desirable, but at least it does not seem to me that it is nothing more than a China in the shoe ... annoying, but I keep walking and enjoying the way.
I am very sorry that you feel like this @roar and @anaisabel for diabetes, if there is something we can do for you, please say it without further ado.
@pilerela, what a motivating example yours

FunSugarFree's profile photo
FunSugarFree
05/13/2016 3:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In my case and right now, I try to get pregnant.

I understand that each one sees this issue from different visions, but perhaps my main concern is not to know if my future son will have diabetes, or if I will have anything else, my approach now is whether I will live up to be a good mother.Like mine when diabetes diagnosed me, she was by my side and lived up to that case as in many other situations that were raised while growing.

I do not think that we have to make proposals about whether our children leave in one way or another, about how they will be, there are so many things that may happen to assume without knowing.Nothing is easy for anyone and everyone has its problems in one way or another.

The main thing if you decide to be a mother or father for me, is to be sure that this is what you want, and that you have the responsibility to help grow a little person who will face many things, as everyone has happened to us, call it diabetesor whatever.

If someone decides not to be a father is more than respectable, the main thing is that those who are and those who are coming are happy with what they come.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
05/13/2016 3:49 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

I do not like to enter controversies that I would ask everyone to speak freely, that this forum is free to do so, that we think about the damage that can be done to others.I do not say that it cannot be clear in what each one says but that we measure our words.

@Gemater I mean you for being the last one you have written, I think like you and I am convinced that you will have a beautiful boy or girl or twins !!!!

This thread personally vote because it will be eliminated in its entireWhat to do with your life and pregnancies, and I think that nobody must give your life or take life, and less but it has anything to do with oneself, and I do not want to open another controversy with this comment.

In this life we ​​live, you can give hundreds of complications and think only of diabetes?It will be the comfort of fools but there are many more things to think about.

I carry in the genes more things than a simple diabetes and more serious.

I have my illusions in my life, I fight for them and I have never questioned if it has been for any ancestor that I have not known because that will not help me anything.I have always thought about my pancreas, it has gone to take wind and point.

Let's please try not to create comments that can clearly harm because we have enough on top.

Let's fight together next to this backpack and those that we have also along with it.

For me I reiterate my request to close the thread and that the water flows quietly.

You are all great, some are more abrupt than others when speaking but please think before the damage we can cause when commenting.

Well I have once told you how good the sport for diabetes is?That is never too late to begin with, and the psychic benefits that it also produces;)

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/13/2016 5:16 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Forgive all, I have named @gemater for being the last one and I don't want misunderstandings.
I have named her because I think like her in everything.I totally agree with what she says.
And it will surely be very good in his future pregnancy because he is fighting for it, you never lose that beautiful illusion of being a mother Gemater.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/13/2016 9:41 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

@jconegar hearing kitchen !!misunderstandings none haha;)

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
05/13/2016 9:46 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Very good @jconegar I think like you, and I also have a backpack with other things and more serious.
Sport very well.... but it is worth with walks of a horita ?????
Do not think that I am vague is that I have other things...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/14/2016 5:03 p.m.

@aliciaalicia !!!!What a good question you ask me, as if it is good to walk?It is the best sport that exists !!!!!!!I am vague to write to you all the benefits I have copied, stuck and perhaps varied something for not doing it very extensive, hahaha.We all must do something, the case is not to be in the sofa without moving !!!Do not believe that I do not walk !!!!!Always after a sports training or test every day every day

1.- Strengthens the heart walking regularly reduces the risk of suffering from heart disease and stroke.Reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol levels and increase HDL levels (good cholesterol) and also keeps blood pressure under control.Anything that increases heart rate and promotes blood pumping is an exercise for the heart and circulatory system.Walking quickly for 30 minutes can help prevent and control high blood pressure, reducing the risk of cardiovascular accidents by up to 27 percent.

2.-It reduces irrigation of walking diseases can also reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes, asthma and some types of cancer up to 60 percent.

3.- Maintain the weight under control those who are trying to lose weight, need to burn around 500 calories a day above those they consume. Caminate also increases the mass and muscle tone and the more the muscle mass has the faster theMetabolism - and the faster the metabolism, the more calories they will burn, even in times of rest (to see this does not mean that we put ourselves as Rambo hahaha).

4. It helps prevent dementia knowing that physical activity has a protective effect on brain function and regular exercise reduces the risk of dementia by 40 percent.This point is great for me hahaha.

5.- It helps prevent osteoporosis to some extent, walking as a load activity (the weight itself).Stimulates and strengthens bones, increasing bone density - very important, especially for women.

6.- Tone legs, gluteos and abdominals A good walk can help strengthen and shape the legs, giving definition to calves, quadriceps and hamstrings and lifting the buttocks.Now, if you really pay attention to the posture while walking, you can also tone the abdominals and gradually reduce your waist.

7.- Tone the arms The speed when walking comes from the arms.To get the best out you must keep them at a comfortable level, bent at elbow and move them back and forth when walking.Moving them faster allows us to accelerate the step automatically.This movement tones the arms, shoulders and back.

8.-Encourage vitamin D levels to walk daylight, increases body vitamin D levels-a nutrient difficult to obtain from food, but which can be synthesized through exposure to sunlight.Vitamin D plays a very important role in many aspects, from the health of the bones to the health of the immune system.While it is true that protecting themselves from the sun's rays is important, experts agree that exposing the skin to the sun, often but without burning, will help produce enough vitamin D.

9.- Increases energy levels may seem a paradox but a good walk is one of the best natural energizers we have at the disposal.Walking increases the circulation and increases the supply of oxygen to each cell of the body, helping to feel more alert and live.It also releases stiffness in the joints and relieves muscle tension.Energy dowers after lunch fight much better with a walk instead of sitting on a desk drinking coffee.10.- Increases well-being levels The ability of exercise to improve mood is indisputable.Getting together with friends to walk and talk is also an excellent way to banish feelings of isolation and loneliness.To get greater benefits, walk outdoors.Psychically you can not imagine what sport helps me.

Well @aliciaalicia we go for a walk?ha ha ha.I have a while that today I made a somewhat strong training, but that does not mean that then the walk of an hour and a half to two hours this walk.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/14/2016 5:57 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

@jconegar Thank you!!!
What a list !!Although it is a tiny percentage of each of the virtues of walking, it is worth doing a walk every day ... I had mine today.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/14/2016 10:48 p.m.

When you have type 1 diabetic relatives I think there are many possibilities to inherit this disease, my grandmother was, of her 4 children, only one debuted very young, another son who was my father was never, but my brother and I are, we are,I have cousins ​​who debuted with 17 years, another with 26, all insulin dependent, I have two children and for now they are not,

Marybe  Days's profile photo
Marybe Days
04/24/2019 11:44 p.m.

Fantastic, I love the forum today !!

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
04/28/2019 10:49 a.m.

Genetic predisposition is higher from grandparents to grandchildren according to statistical studies.especially from grandfather to grandson.Of course they are studies and there are exceptions to the rule.In family it has not happened that this statistic has been given.As far as my great -grandmother is remembered, it stayed blind due to diabetes.And behind my father and uncle, then my older sister and I (my little sister has got rid), my primary by my diabetic uncle nothing, but by my father's sister, my father, myAunt, my cousin yes ...... It is a lottery.As my older sister went, we had a diet, extra school sport, controls from time to time, etc ... even if neither my little sister nor I were then diabetics and look., I played and my sister did not.That said, a lottery, in which you already have a ticket purchased.All you can do is how my little sister touches and me, try not to buy more tickets (taking careThe prize, as I happened to me, in one of those who already gave me at birth.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
05/05/2019 11:08 a.m.

Hi Roar (and group), it seems very good that you have the opinion that you would not have children but not so much that you judge the people we have decided to have them.I am the first in my family in suffering from DMT1, obviously I have inherited it somewhere, what would my parents have to see then?A genetic study to see the possible diseases of their future children?And the people who have passed cancer?Nor can they have a child?I am a diabetic since the age of 19 and I have had a totally normal life.If my daughter at some point debuts, I will get the greatest disgust of my life, but there will be her mother to teach her so that the DMT1 does not put barriers in her life.

Said from respect and without offending, those who comment that you are more unhappy since you have DM, you still need help and teach you to live with it because, really, I have done the same as people of my ageIn the different moments of my life and I have an HC of 6.5.I do not believe that, once the initial disgust has passed, the DM is a reason for unhappiness.Of course I offer my help to whoever need it.
Greetings

Vir's profile photo
Vir
05/05/2019 11:40 a.m.

@Vir, with all the respect of the world ... lead a normal life with diabetes 1, because no.Do you think "normal" that a girl to be able to get pregnant has to spend the previous 6 months and the successive with a glycemia that does not exceed 120?.That is only achieved with excessive control.
Everyone has our circumstances and we live it as we can.It is not due to lack of emotional intelligence.And when I have a bad day I do not want a "ready" to tell me to go to therapy.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
05/07/2019 1:55 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@Solaria, you have totally misunderstood my words, I have not suggested that no one goes to therapy, quite the opposite.From my experience, I do consider that I have a normal life, I am offering my help to who can serve you.I also have bad days but non -diabetic people also have them (each for a different reason), so I consider that I have a normal life, the problems of life enter into normal.I wish it would never have been diabetic but not I live it as a horror, I touched me, I assumed it and forward.Really, he did not intend to offend except the opposite.

I have been mommy and I had to go through all the controls that pass the diabetics (they demanded a 6.5 HC and for that you do not need to always be at a maximum of 120).But then I had a great pregnancy, much better than my sister -in -law non -diabetic that spent all the pregnancy vomiting.

I only intend to encourage and contribute my experience.To those who serve you, great but who can offend that you do not take it into account, it is not my intention.

Greetings

Vir's profile photo
Vir
05/07/2019 2:13 p.m.

MARGA_RITA: Do not worry before Hor, your child will grow with good health and the best thing that a mother that will be aware of the one who does a lot of sport, to be a healthy child: and that the mother is not going to beAn overprotective and hysterical mother let him be a normal child.My father was diabetic and noun he took care of what the Diábetes was, tendergo 5 brothers but I am the outside and the eldest none and they are taken care of and are fine: I have 4 daughters who are well I have two grandchildren: which whichI have taught you what I know about DaBetes and they are well over time it turned out that my mother -in -law had Diabets my wife no and none of my 10 brothers -in -law have it.Friend ahead takes that boy and that everything goes well is my greatest wish.Alfredo from Venezuela,

HERRERA 's profile photo
HERRERA
05/08/2019 12:36 a.m.

Is there any WhatsApp group for "parents with diabetic children"?

ManuSoler's profile photo
ManuSoler
05/04/2023 4:25 p.m.

I have deleted the comment I was going to do, but just say that there are many people who apparently look healthy and have genetic alterations that are transmitted and that do not always develop, not to mention that in the process of fertilization and duplication things happen ...If people were done genetic studies, they would have children virtually anyone, just because of them ... also knowing that there are many other things that appear by environmental conditions.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
05/04/2023 5:31 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

I don't know the possibilities but my father was and from three brothers we have been although with late debuts, one at 45 and I at 44. Some doctor did tell me that genetics has had something to do with

mkthyl's profile photo
mkthyl
05/04/2023 7:08 p.m.

@Nila the predisposition is inherited but they do not guarantee that it develops.That is why some are diabetics without any history.

My boy is 4 brothers, the eldest is diabetic as the father, grandfather and great grandfather (all killed by Diabetes sequels), paint Moody but no tests are done.Use slowly with 58 years.

I do have a genetic disease like my mother, aunts, grandmother and aunts that are known.My brothers not, and I don't know my primary, I will have ... I discovered it with fertility treatments.
My mother did the test, but we sensed that it was positive since she had had a thrombus and our ancestors have all died for thrombosis.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/05/2023 10:33 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.