{'en': 'Diabetic Diabetic Children', 'es': 'Hijos diabéticos de padres diabéticos'} Image

Diabetic Diabetic Children

Marga_rita's profile photo   05/04/2016 1:36 a.m.

Hello!

I have just been a mother and after the stress of pregnancy now my burden of mother begins ...

I don't know where diabetes was not a hereditary disease, the truth is that my father has diabetes and I have it.

To those who are parents, have your children inherited diabetes?

Greetings!!

Marga_rita's profile photo
Marga_rita
05/04/2016 1:36 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Diabetes is not inherited, but if a genetic predisposition is inherited to be able to develop it in the future.
According to studies, probability is low: 5% diabetic father and mother and about 20% if they are both.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
05/04/2016 8:52 a.m.

Hi@marga-rita. First of all I congratulate you for your motherhood and I tell you not to be stressed and that you enjoy your baby. The percentage is the one you know so that as you can do nothing to avoid it, enjoy your child and trust inbe part of the percentage that does not inherit the disease.Congratulations and enjoy your baby a lot.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/04/2016 9:19 a.m.

Do not overwhelm, nor are you aware of that, if it must be diabetic it will be, do what you do, it is something that you will not be able to avoid, so enjoy it, it has been born healthy, which is more than enough.

They have always told me that diabetes was not hereditary, my endocrine told us that we had a 2-3% probabilities, and look the lottery touched us, we could have already touched the lottery really .... Anyway, noYou give you bad.

If it touches you, then apart from the initial Sophocon, which will be very fat, you have no choice but to accept it and move forward.

A son gives many joys, and they will give them the same being diabetic as if it is not, so stay with that, if one day he develops it you will have more wisdom than other parents than all new ones.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
05/04/2016 10:13 a.m.

Your child has more ballots than others to debut, who tells you otherwise, lies to you.This is because you have diabetes.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
05/04/2016 5:28 p.m.

Genes can be inherited, and 5% risk is discussed., but whenever you have a child, risks are assumed, and everything is expected to go well.
In my case there was no one diabetic in the family., and it also touched us.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/04/2016 8:23 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi Marga_Rita, enjoy your son, that this is the most beautiful and most important, as they tell you, you have a risk, in my family there was no one diabetics and I at the age of 10 touched the lottery as they say, I haveA 38 son and two twins of 35, none of the three is diabetic and I already have six grandchildren, none with diabetes, but if anyone touches him, we will assume it, we will accept it and everything forward.all the best

pilerela's profile photo
pilerela
05/04/2016 10:54 p.m.

55 años con diabetes tipo 1
insulina tresiba 14 und, y novorapid a demanda
ultima hemo 6.8

Thank you very much guys !!It's true, no matter how much it overwhelms me, if it has to happen, it will happen.And if that bad luck occurs then we will throw forward.All the best!!

Marga_rita
05/05/2016 12:59 a.m.

@pilerela wow you leave me with stone ... You have been fighting a lot like diabetic@ and with grandchildren.Fantastic!!Tell me ... Diabetes had an invoice?I have a lot of respect on that issue ... By the way, congratulations for your children and grandchildren

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
05/05/2016 1:46 a.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Thank you Marcos_J_M Mira, I tell you, for the years that I have been diabetic, that I started with the pork insulins how little informed people were before, my parents when they told them that they had diabetes, nor did they know that it was that, they believed that it would be cured asA cold is cured, but well in those ttiempos it is already known.They started informed and evidence by some analysis of analyzes etc and so on day, in the end they took it quite well they injected me insulin until I learned.Nowadays we can take it more controlled than in my years of youth no matter how much you would like to take it controlled, it was almost impossible, we did not have meter, you ask me if the diabetes has taken me, then you will see, something yes, but not very dangerous,I have mild peripheral neuropathy, the view years ago they gave me laser, but I have it well I have parked it and there is no danger, that in the account that has me well controlled diabetes, and I know that I can still lower the hemo, 6.6The last one that you already know to take care of yourself, that diabetes will not be able to with us, greetings and kisses for everyone

pilerela's profile photo
pilerela
05/05/2016 2:32 p.m.

ultima hemo 6.8

I do not understand that when you have a disease with hereditary component you have children.Of course, even being healthy, things can go wrong, but if you already have something you can transmit ...

I still remember what life was without diabetes, and it was something infinitely better.I don't wish this to anyone, much less a child.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
05/05/2016 3:13 p.m.

@Marga_rita enjoy your baby and do not obsess, as they have already said here, if the problem will be addressed and the best possible will be carried out.Greetings and congratulations !!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/05/2016 4:01 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Roar has given his opinion, he has not insulted anyone.I have also decided not to have children and offend someone to put it?

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/05/2016 6:42 p.m.

Anaisabel does not offend anyone saying it but there are many ways to say it, each one decides with his life what he wants to do. The comment of rooting is out of place and if it seems to me a disrespect.greetings

pilerela's profile photo
pilerela
05/05/2016 7:56 p.m.

ultima hemo 6.8

And another thing I do not remember my life without diabetes, and I assure you that I have been very happy and very happy to have had my three children:-*

pilerela's profile photo
pilerela
05/05/2016 7:58 p.m.

ultima hemo 6.8

It simply gives me a lot of sorrow of the children who debut.
I wish they soon find a vaccine or some type of cure, but in the meantime, I will not have children.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
05/05/2016 10:32 p.m.

Thank you very much for the support @pilerela and @nigiri.I am not offended by @roar's comment, each one has his opinion, but it is true that things can be said in another way ...
@Pilerela reassures me a lot of your case and I admire how good you have the diabetes after so many years.
In my case the baby was not wanted, it came from surprise, that is why I poured the question in a moment of maternal overprotective ;;).
I also believe that diabetes is a task, but you can be happy with it and lead a full life, I hope my son does not have it but if he has it I will teach him to live with her and to be happy at the same time.
Greetings!!

Marga_rita
05/06/2016 5:24 a.m.

because diabetics do not have children will not eradicate the disease, moreover, most diabetics start from families without any history.

It is more known to few diabetics with diabetic children, but if it touches you.

We are talking about a % so low that it seems riducule that someone does not have children because of that, and a buried say that people with diabetes are sterilized.

And have no children for that?You will not know what it is to be a mother, which is something incredible.

I have happier since I have my son.I would not exchange it for anything with or without diabetes.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
05/06/2016 9:54 a.m.

In my case I also get pregnant voluntarily for a short time after my partner was diagnosedYou have no choice but to educate your child to see him as something that is part of his life.
And @roar to me also seem very hurt your comments, also if we get like that no one would have children because they can inherit diabetes but also cardiovascular diseases, Alzheimer's, cancer ... and thus a long list.

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
05/06/2016 5:20 p.m.

@Anaisabel there are ways and ways of saying things.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/07/2016 1:17 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.