{'en': 'Diabetic Diabetic Children', 'es': 'Hijos diabéticos de padres diabéticos'} Image

Diabetic Diabetic Children

Marga_rita's profile photo   05/04/2016 1:36 a.m.

With my 2 children and the one who is on his way .... By the way, when having children he looks like something selfish, selfish is living in a system where he can only maintain with new births ...

tica's profile photo
tica
05/07/2016 11:28 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

They did not tell me that I could inherit it but if they tell me that the probability is so low we would have had it the same, as no one would have children, because there are many hereditary diseases much more serious than diabetes.

He who does not want to have a child who does not have, seems great to me, is personal, but that you say that you do not have them for the "inheritance" of diabetes, it seems stupid, it is that there are no much more serious things that can happen toA son.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
05/09/2016 11:13 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The possibility is not as low as doctors say.Just get into some large Facebook group, thousands of users, and in them there are many types type1 with children type1.Also many cases of being a son1 son, having another and who ends up being that guy1 as well.
Then there is also a lot of cross transmission, type1 uncles with type1 nephews.

Whoever wants to have children of course is free and does well, but there is a risk that must be assumed.

My uncle and I are the only ones of the Rubios and blue eyes, he is type1 and I always said that it was obvious that if we both had another problem related to the nose, that of diabetes was a matter of time.It took to come but unfortunately I was right.

My niece is also blonde and blue eyes, in his family I am the only one with those features ... every 3 months I control him ... the risk is obvious and is of age to debut.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
05/09/2016 1:18 p.m.

For me diabetes is a serious illness.Stupid I don't consider myself.Selfish, either.Brave, I am not.If I had a child and be a clear diabetic that would want and support him, he would be missing more!!!I have decided not to have why there are possibilities and I don't want to risk.I have been fourteen for years and my life perfectly without diabetes.It was also younger and as the years go by, life is seen differently.Am I happy?Well, I don't know, but I am happy, it's not for not having children.I don't need to have them to be, I have it clear.For me diabetes is a great whore.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/09/2016 1:37 p.m.

@Anaisabel nobody is saying that to be happy you have to have children, what we are saying is that the words of Roar are a total and absolute disrespect, on the other hand, disagree, diabetes is not a serious illness, it is serious whenOne does not take care of what in each one lies the seriousness of the problem.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/09/2016 2:25 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@anaisabel and @roar, if you are not happy, it probably is not for diabetes.A positive life attitude helps to cope better.I feel that you have stopped enjoying healthy children for the fear of not being.

mogi's profile photo
mogi
05/09/2016 4:12 p.m.

Let's see, no one can be criticized for their decisions that they have or not have children, whatever the reason that leads to take such a decision. Respect and Paz Pàra Tod@s.

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
05/09/2016 5:43 p.m.

I would like to remember that we are here to help each other and that diabetes binds to us, that we are sure that we do not wish anyone, from here, please try to say what we think objectively and avoid offending, I copy you the link ofThe rules in case you want to reread it, ok?

Link
The forum is a meeting space for all, a place to share information about diabetes, explain personal experiences and ask questions, all of us who are part of the forum we will try to answer them from our experience and with the greatest possible rigor.

The forum is open for all publics, which includes children, young and adults, so it is very important to express themselves properly, avoiding bad words, disqualifications, advertising, etc ...

I have "moderated" the subject, I hope you understand it, I have eliminated the phrases that do not contribute or that were offensive, please, if I have left any you can tell me here or private.

Greetings,
Fer.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/09/2016 7:01 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Man that type1 diabetes is not a serious illness ... tell me a disease that is not serious where you stop taking medication you die fulminantly in a few days.

And there are also many people with many years of evolution that have taken care of and they are still suffering serious complications of diabetes.

We lack an organ for practical purposes, and above the treatment we have is the same as 100 years ago.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
05/09/2016 7:28 p.m.

Hi @Artorias, it is the classic discussion, when it is controlled and well, it is often said that you can make normal life, but I am with you that it is complicated and serious if you do not control it, it depends on that.

Without going any further, I have been in bed since yesterday afternoon, he has given me a gastroenteritis, all night vomiting and with fever ... now I am ko, and the glucose to fixed piñon in 250 since then, there is no way to lower it...

fer's profile photo
fer
05/10/2016 1:17 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Fer Q do you get better soon!!!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/10/2016 1:37 p.m.

Although you control the diabetes for me is a serious illness.You can take it well, bad or regular, but it will remain serious, you take it as you carry it.
Let's see if it happens soon @fer

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/10/2016 2:05 p.m.

I edit my comment because it has been widely misunderstood and therefore I will not express my opinion on this subject again.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
05/10/2016 3:03 p.m.

Wow, we are without appearing here and we find this ....... (I'm Alberto)

I agree with @albertoT and those who comment that diabetes is not hereditary, that a predisposition factor, statistics and studies are inherited;And my personal experience corroborates it, I do not know any type I diabetic that has a family history, and I assure you that for my stage as a monitor of A ADE Madrid (87-90 years).

Regarding the other comments .... @Fer is that one of your missions here is to moderate, but do not think that the members of the forum can want to see the comments, even being offensive?(Do not take it as a criticism, but as desire to know opinions to comment).

If this forum characterizes something, and I have commented on several occasions, it is the good vibes that there are and mutual respect, the ability to help each other, the possibility of giving us advice, good or bad.The little controversy that on occasion has existed in the forum has been very soft and almost always referring to opinions about devices and/or treatments but never referred to such personal issues such as the decision to be parents.It is something so personal that I would never think of giving my opinion on this issue, however close the person was, I would simply support those who make this decision, even if you do not share it.I think that is what friends should do, acquaintances ...

For my part I am diabetic since I was 10 years old, I have 45 lengths.I am a very happy uncle, with my moments, and I can assure you that my diabetes, assuming what it means in my life, has helped me grow more than many "healthy" people and to be much more responsible.Diabetes is not exclusive at all, we are not weirdo, we are not diminished, we are not tarado.

And the diabetic person who wants to be a father who is, my congratulations and my support.

P.D.: And the pity is that sometimes you have to be fine, and I have been for the classmates and by @Fer.

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
05/10/2016 9:44 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

Hello again,

Thanks to all those who have sent me animos, now I am better, at least I have already dropped from 200.

On this thread, allow him to insist on avoiding personal discussions, that everyone says what he thinks and thinks about others, let's avoid offenses, thank you all for understanding it !!;)

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
05/10/2016 9:58 p.m.

@Fer that great whore the grasroenteritis (I cross my fingers), I say it because if you are already going to be in high glutemia and it seems that you are injecting water from the tap then comes the doctor and tells you that you eat white rice to finish offGlycemia and moral ... :))

Courage and greetings

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/10/2016 10:23 p.m.

Better that you are somewhat high,@fer, because with vomiting the dangerous are the hypos that you get better soon!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/11/2016 1:52 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

What better fer.I think that better to be a little high, it will happen to you, and a few days, nothing happens, worse it would be to eat for whicketers having gastroenteritis.

And on the other topic, to say ..... a savage to think of sterilization ...

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
05/11/2016 10:05 a.m.

Good morning everyone, today I am much better, still at home, but much better!

I have reviewed the comments of this issue again, I have removed everything that in my opinion does not contribute to the forum or breached the rules, I apologize in advance if anyone believes that I should not, you can contact me privately and we clarify what is necessary.

Everything you have made clear your opinion in this regard, I believe that the summary is, that there are those who think that although having diabetes can increase the risk that children have it, it is worth assuming this risk and enjoying the children, in fact, as with other diseases, and that in addition, this is not the only problem that our children potentially face, on the other hand, there are those who think it is better not to have children to avoid risk.May each one make their decision in freedom and above all, respecting those of others.

Greetings,
Fer.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/11/2016 11:41 a.m.

Very well summarized @Fer!We hope you get better soon !!= D>

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
05/11/2016 3:16 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.