{'en': 'Sugarbeat, glucose monitor without punctures and in real time', 'es': 'SugarBEAT, monitor de glucosa sin pinchazos y en tiempo real'} Image

Sugarbeat, glucose monitor without punctures and in real time

fer's profile photo   06/04/2016 12:06 p.m.

In recent years, we have seen how glucose measurement systems have improved.Google patented some lenses that detect glucose levels.

In the United States, Dexcom markets a continuous glucose meter with Bluetooth, which communicates a small sensor that has a small filament introduced into our body to measure glucose, with a receiver or with our smartphone or smartwatch.

In our country, the only sensor of this type available is free freestyle, which goes by NFC and you have to get the receiver closer to obtain the data.

This year the market can change sharply thanks to the introduction of a new product called Sugarbeat, which is a glucose meter that sticks to the skin like a sticker, and that without giving a single puncture, detects the glucose of our body.

market launch from 2017 in selected countries from Europe, Asia and Middle East

Current continuous glucose meters use a skewer to be introduced to the body, and last about two weeks glued, which generates irritations and that require attention in case they take off.Sugarbeat uses single -day replaceable stickers.

It has a sensor whose battery lasts 2 years, which communicates with the receiver or with our mobile via Bluetooth.By sending imperceptible electric currents, the sensor "attracts" the glucose in the interstitial fluid of the skin, and so you can read them.Make a measurement every 5 minutes, and send it to the phone.

In addition, Sugarbeat will only need a blood glucose measurement through a puncture on the finger to calibThe market offers 8%.

From the company they assure that it will have an affordable price, since, if you have a smartphone, you only need the sensor and the stickers.It will be available at the end of the year in Europe.

This separation can be a great savings to public health, since from the company they ensure that it will have a cost similar to the one currently reactive strips, with the addition of having more measurements and improving control, and that this can avoid complications inThe health of long -term diabetics.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/04/2016 12:06 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I hope it's true !!!Let's see if it is true that they take it out in Spain at the end of the year, but above all to see if it is true that it has a cost that can allow its financing for the SS.

kerensammolina's profile photo
kerensammolina
06/04/2016 2:32 p.m.

Diabetes Mellitus Tipo 1
Debut a los 19 años
Tresiba y Humalog

Well, I hope it is true that in 2017 we have it here, I'm afraid that Freestyle will lose many users.

Picias's profile photo
Picias
06/07/2016 5:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Link Here I leave the link although in English it is well understood that of late 2016 ...

Picias's profile photo
Picias
06/07/2016 5:20 p.m.

Depending on the price if it is affordable and if the results are good that it is about to see, Freestyle will lose users and Dexcom also because in theory this system will also have alarms on the mobile and on the smartwatch no ...?They also don't force you to buy your receiver, too nice to be true.

Without counting on the issue of irritations for changing the patch every day as the daily patch is, which is also important ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/07/2016 5:52 p.m.

It is of course interesting ... but in this diabetes .... as in life ... you don't believe anything you hear .... and what you see ... only half.

There is a lot of vapareware .... let's give it time.But I do not trust a hair, although it certainly promises.And again, the price ... if they do it with a price of "destroying" ... or engulfed what the competition offers.In that case, it will be one more.

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
06/07/2016 9:45 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I until I see it for sale, I don't believe anything.I have been listening for so many years and then nothing, I'm already fed up.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/07/2016 11:09 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

This system seems much more viable than the one that requires implanting a chip.That the stickers are changed daily can be an advantage: one day you can put it in a place because you go to the beach and you do not want it to look and another day you may be interested in another area because you are going to make an radiography.

If it is true that they promise that it will have a cost similar to the reactive strips will petar.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
06/08/2016 11:05 a.m.

The best thing is that they put an image of the free on the page telling you that it is not necessary to use invasive needles ...

We will have to see how the sensor to the adhesive patch is held, I do not see so easy that it does not fall.And the departure price.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/08/2016 1:38 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I update the theme with some novelties about Sugarbeat!

- Market launch from 2017 in selected countries from Europe, Asia and the Middle East

- The price will be significantly cheaper than competitors glucose monitoring products

- Greater flexibility of the user than the products of the competition, given the daily disposable patch format (up to 24 hours of time of use)

- The non -invasive design, without pain and without needle will attract a broader range of diabetics than competition products

- Each patch requires a finger puncture calibration, followed by a 30 -minute heating period, after which glucose readings taken at five -minute intervals

how it works

Using a small disposable patch glued without pain to the user's arm, leg or abdomen, Sugarbeat® measures the body's glucose levels through the skin.

Approximately 1 mm thick and designed to adapt to the body to improve the comfort and fulfillment of the patient, the Sugarbeat® patch offers a convenient way to control blood sugar levels during the day.

Connected to a small electronic sensor, Sugarbeat® patch can take a sensor measure every five minutes from the interstitial fluid of the body, extracted from the skin.

These clinically relevant data can be transmitted safely through Bluetooth to an application previously downloaded in the user's intelligent device and, optionally, to health professionals.

Sugarbeat® will allow diabetics to achieve better glucose control through a greater understanding of lifestyle factors, thus helping to prevent or delay long -term medical complications.

fer's profile photo
fer
12/19/2016 9:18 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer's profile photo
fer
12/19/2016 9:23 p.m.

You want it to come out, I can't stand the meters that are nailed to the body such as flash or dexcom, hope that the sugarbeat is reliable and that the current that uses is not upset.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/19/2016 9:26 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

What I would like to know is the exact date of the launch and what will be the selected countries, hopefully soon in Spain (Spain)!

fer's profile photo
fer
12/19/2016 9:30 p.m.

I have registered on a website that gave the option to buy them, a map appears, but for now only the United Kingdom (UK) is marked ... Let's see if it starts in 2017 !!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
12/19/2016 9:33 p.m.

It looks good at first but that in Spain is Frestyle ... is the Dexcom and Enlite that looks more like this than the Freetyle that have continuous measurement and alarms, right?The one who wrote the article could have informed more about continuous monitoring systems ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/19/2016 9:48 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

If but for the moment those who want to remove their piece of cake are those of Abbott and the freestyle that are by far the ones that are selling the most in Europe because they are not yet being sold in the USA that just like the Sugar Beat does not yetIt is approved in the USA so it is clear that they want to remove clientele from the system that sells the most in Europe that is currently the freestyle.

@"Fer" would surprise me very much that Spain outside the first countries, almost all the pots before leaving here have passed through the United Kingdom, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, France and then if that already ... !!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/19/2016 10:55 p.m.

The 11% error margin makes us think
.... I also do not understand how it works .... I hope we get to see it working and I clarified my doubts !!

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
12/19/2016 11:06 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Well, I believe that in Spain we will be among the first to see the Sugarbeat marketed, I think I remember that free in Spain began to be marketed from the beginning.

The more systems the better for all but for laboratories

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/19/2016 11:29 p.m.

I don't know, without blood I don't trust its accuracy.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/20/2016 1:15 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

We must not ask for the same accuracy as Dexcom because they do not play in the same league.They are two totally different types of technology.

If you want to take without being nailed and remove it whenever you want to pay that price.

We will have to wait for him to go see how.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/20/2016 1:59 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.