{'en': 'Post surgery diabetes', 'es': 'Diabetes post cirugía'} Image

Post surgery diabetes

Emily's profile photo   05/11/2017 6:52 p.m.

Thanks Cristina, what a despair!T_T From Sunday night my father -in -law, with AlzheimerAgain to the clinic ... This in addition to tiredness causes me stress and the glucose is raising me more ... what a disgust of illness!

cristarivera said:
@"emily, is right @Miexron to me the same thing has happened to me, they have begun to teach me to tell rations a few months ago and I am still fish because the educators cite me eachtwo months.how much and how can you eat so it desperates to have only the "fixed parameters" but you have to have a little patience.endocrine in endocrine looking for help) and it is likely that the insulin you need now vary (I started with 12 -12-10 and now I am with 4-3/3.5-A demand at night).And prudence ...
GREETING

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/18/2017 11:37 a.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

@"Emily", I talk about how to know what lowers you 1 unity of the rap

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/18/2017 4:14 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

No, I don't get up well, always high.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/18/2017 4:59 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.

Do you have to climb the slow one, one by one unit, until you get up well, less than 140?, Lying good 140?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/18/2017 8:23 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I am always high, when I get up, during the day, and when I'm going to sleep I am high too.At the moment I can not climb anything, I have 22 units in the recipe, if I upload the units I will not get the basal insulin.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/18/2017 10:54 p.m.

@"Emily" How many feathers do you have?Slow house should heal you about 12 days ..

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/18/2017 11:37 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Patience @emily, always joins everything so try to be calm (what a silly advice) because it does raise the level of glucose with stress.You will end up wishing you already operate to be calm!(It's a joke) I already feel all the mess you have and you are not you to jump out there, you have a little time operated and it takes a bit to recover completely.You also have to be strong for the next one ... try to take care of yourself and that the others will be good for you.Encouragement and hug

Cristinarivera's profile photo
Cristinarivera
05/19/2017 12:47 a.m.

Pancreatectomía total el 15 de junio 2016.
Novorápid 4/5-2,5/3-0/2 de momento...
Toujeo 23 a las 18,00 (variando continuamente)
calculando raciones a ver si me toca una bomba...

But talk to that doctor and tell him that you need more insulin !!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/19/2017 1:09 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

myxron said:
to see if a compi de Barcelona is passed here and comments a little what possibilities you have there @"emily", being a large city sure there is more than one option.Thus, looking quickly, this association is seen, now as assets they will be and how much will help, because no idea: Link Link

I do not understand that that they would not want to refer to an endocrine, and if, if the nurse is the head doctor it is normal that it is not very put on the subject.It should be a more specialized.Perhaps they are waiting for you to stabilize the operation to know how to classify diabetes and then give you more guidelines, for thinking positively ... At first it is normal for them not to leave you totally free in terms of counting rations andPutting the corresponding insulin and others, and usually go with the guidelines, because if they do not know sensitivity factor and others, they do not want to risk, and the body has to stabilize a bit first.In addition to understanding that you have to adapt little by little.Although it is frustrating that they don't give us more information when we need it.
Do not worry that if you continue with insulin, it would be normal for you to eat everything, taking care of yourself, and taking into account the rations and others, but without problems.At first I also saw that the sky closed and my life was over, but as soon as you take rhythm you understand that it is a bit of organization and practice.I today like everything today, the only thing I avoid is eating a lotAnd that kind of thing, but otherwise ...
I leave you a little book that gives us here, to start with this.He does not speak of rations or anything like that, but if he has some basic concepts explained in a quite clear way, in case it serves you something:

http: //www.juntadeandalucia.es/servicioandaluzdesalud/libary/plantillas/externa.asp?pag=../../publicaciones/datos/571/pdf/kitsupacientediabetes.pdf

Encourage!

The booklet has already appeared and I am printing, thanks :)

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/24/2017 12:32 p.m.

myxron said:
to see if a compi de Barcelona is passed here and comments a little what possibilities you have there @"emily", being a large city sure there is more than one option.Thus, looking quickly, this association is seen, now as assets they will be and how much will help, because no idea: Link Link

I do not understand that that they would not want to refer to an endocrine, and if, if the nurse is the head doctor it is normal that it is not very put on the subject.It should be a more specialized.Perhaps they are waiting for you to stabilize the operation to know how to classify diabetes and then give you more guidelines, for thinking positively ... At first it is normal for them not to leave you totally free in terms of counting rations andPutting the corresponding insulin and others, and usually go with the guidelines, because if they do not know sensitivity factor and others, they do not want to risk, and the body has to stabilize a bit first.In addition to understanding that you have to adapt little by little.Although it is frustrating that they don't give us more information when we need it.
Do not worry that if you continue with insulin, it would be normal for you to eat everything, taking care of yourself, and taking into account the rations and others, but without problems.At first I also saw that the sky closed and my life was over, but as soon as you take rhythm you understand that it is a bit of organization and practice.I today like everything today, the only thing I avoid is eating a lotAnd that kind of thing, but otherwise ...
I leave you a little book that gives us here, to start with this.He does not speak of rations or anything like that, but if he has some basic concepts explained in a quite clear way, in case it serves you something:

http: //www.juntadeandalucia.es/servicioandaluzdesalud/libary/plantillas/externa.asp?pag=../../publicaciones/datos/571/pdf/kitsupacientediabetes.pdf

Encourage!

I already saved the book and I have put it to print ... what has been my surprise to see that everything is encoded, that is, you cannot read anything, the letters are all rectangles, only the drawings come out ... :(

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/24/2017 12:34 p.m.

gala said:
@"emily" how many feathers do you have?Slow house should heal you about 12 days ..

I have 1 full pen, and the one I use, that I do not know how much I have left.The same comes to the date of the next dispensation because I will be hospitalized for a few days, I do not know how many, they operate again on June 14, and I suppose they will prick me only fast during hospitalization.It is what they did when the pancreas operated in March.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/24/2017 1:10 p.m.

Christarivera said:
patience @emily, always joins everything so try to be calm (more silly advice) because it does raise the level of glucose with stress.You will end up wishing you already operate to be calm!(It's a joke) I already feel all the mess you have and you are not you to jump out there, you have a little time operated and it takes a bit to recover completely.You also have to be strong for the next one ... try to take care of yourself and that the others will be good for you.Courage and a hug

Yes, in a few days they operate, on June 14.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/24/2017 1:11 p.m.

regina said:
but talk to that doctor and tell you that you need more insulin !!

Tomorrow I have a visit with the endocrine, and on Monday with the GP that is the one that prescribes it, to see if it does not put problems ...

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/24/2017 1:12 p.m.

I put the book attached in the following post that I wrote "emily", is on page 1 of this post.Nor does it work for you?I leave you the link:
Link

How strange, I suppose it will be a thing of the operating system or the browser ... but well surely you have learned a lot in this time!
Good luck tomorrow in the endocrine, use it to questions!You tell us how it goes,
All the best!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
05/24/2017 6:23 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

@"Emily" I fear that we have saturated you with information.

When I debuted I had the drop and 5 days in a row with the educators at a rate of 2-3 hours a day with them.Then I learned that the head of the Endocrinology Unit of my city, at that time Toledo, is type 1 diabetic so it is a very sensitized unit with us, and give priority to all debuts.

They also gave me a fixed food diet that basically forced me to eat the same amount of hydrates at the same time of the day and put a fixed insulin guideline for them to see how the subject was working.Now I do it alone like all the foreros, and the endocrine simply listens to me and verifies that there is nothing weird in my values.

The initial values ​​that gave me were between 80-140m g/dl, now they have dropped me from 140 to 130mg/dl.

Do not overwhelm.Always try to eat at the same hours, the same amounts of carbohydrates combining the different meals with the tables that pass you.Initially it will be the only way you learn to see how the novorapid works for good or badly.

As they told you in other messages, the important thing is that at 2 hours after having eaten between 80 and 140, if not you put little novorapid.They have already told you how to calculate how much depending on the value of glucose before eating.And that can be put more after eating to go down to normal values.

If you get up above 140 more than 3 days in a row, it is that the Toujeo has also been low and you should put 1 or 2 more units during the next 3 days to see if you get up with values ​​close to the desirable threshold.And if you are still high the next 3 days then to rise again.If you get up short, about 80 or less, you must lower the toujeo.

In principle, your SS Heer doctor will prescribe all the insulin that you need without problems, what they always dribble are glucose and lancet strips.That is that it is pure negotiation.

This is a roll and is always based on proof and error.The endocrine sets fixed guidelines for them to see that "test-error", but over time you realize that you can do it since it is your body and before anything we do badly, they are not at that time to help us.

I encourage your next intervention, and calm.
You have little with this and it is normal for you to overwhelm, frustres and despair.
It has happened to us all and happens to us.

(Yesterday I was in the doctor for a cold and I told him that I wanted to be "normal" , that I am tired of catching everything since I am diabetic when I have never been sick before in my life; you see .... we also have crisis)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/25/2017 10:01 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

myxron said:
I put the book attached in the following post that wrote "emily", is on page 1 of this post.Nor does it work for you?I leave you the link:
Link

How strange, I suppose it will be a thing of the operating system or the browser ... but well surely you have learned a lot in this time!
Good luck tomorrow in the endocrine, use it to questions!You tell us how it goes,
Greetings!

Hello, forgive, it had happened to me that you had put it directly.Now, thank you very much.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/25/2017 11:45 a.m.

ruthbia said:
@"emily" I fear that we have saturated you with information.

When I debuted I had the drop and 5 days in a row with the educators at a rate of 2-3 hours a day with them.Then I learned that the head of the Endocrinology Unit of my city, at that time Toledo, is type 1 diabetic so it is a very sensitized unit with us, and give priority to all debuts.

They also gave me a fixed food diet that basically forced me to eat the same amount of hydrates at the same time of the day and put a fixed insulin guideline for them to see how the subject was working.Now I do it alone like all the foreros, and the endocrine simply listens to me and verifies that there is nothing weird in my values.

The initial values ​​that gave me were between 80-140m g/dl, now they have dropped me from 140 to 130mg/dl.

Do not overwhelm.Always try to eat at the same hours, the same amounts of carbohydrates combining the different meals with the tables that pass you.Initially it will be the only way you learn to see how the novorapid works for good or badly.

As they told you in other messages, the important thing is that at 2 hours after having eaten between 80 and 140, if not you put little novorapid.They have already told you how to calculate how much depending on the value of glucose before eating.And that can be put more after eating to go down to normal values.

If you get up above 140 more than 3 days in a row, it is that the Toujeo has also been low and you should put 1 or 2 more units during the next 3 days to see if you get up with values ​​close to the desirable threshold.And if you are still high the next 3 days then to rise again.If you get up short, about 80 or less, you must lower the toujeo.

In principle, your SS Heer doctor will prescribe all the insulin that you need without problems, what they always dribble are glucose and lancet strips.That is that it is pure negotiation.

This is a roll and is always based on proof and error.The endocrine sets fixed guidelines for them to see that "test-error", but over time you realize that you can do it since it is your body and before anything we do badly, they are not at that time to help us.

I encourage your next intervention, and calm.
You have little with this and it is normal for you to overwhelm, frustres and despair.
It has happened to us all and happens to us.

(Yesterday I was in the doctor for a cold and I told him that I wanted to be "normal" , that I am tired of catching everything since I am diabetic when I have never been sick before in my life; you see .... we also have crisis)

Hello.As I said, I have given information, or initial values, or a fixed diet.Slow insulin must obviously be insufficient because I never get up with normal values, I am high since I get up until I go to bed;Now I have been having a lot of days with values ​​of more than 200, between 230 and 280, but I have also had days, before, with values ​​when I lift around 158. I have not dared to touch the insulin dose, because asI say, the one I have will not arrive.Now I have a single toujeo pen and it does not reach me until the next dispensation, but I have taken time with the header draDose of insulins in the recipe, to put it on demand;Notice that for the novorapid he put me 15 u.Every 24h, and I sudden 12 units many times ...

I am eating the same virtually every day since I returned from the hospital (in the hospital I was always high too, I never had normal values ​​in 35 days I was) and theWhile they are always high fluctuate a lot and I have no idea why.

When you say "... and that can be put more after eating to go down to normal values."What do you mean exactly?Can you prick insulin just after eating, or at two hours?Two hours after eating I am never between 80 and 140, come on, at 80 I have never been, nor 90, nor 100 ...

Here the lancets do not enter the SS, the needles enter, that racanean, they tell me that I use a needle by pen, although in the same box it already says that they are not reusable, the strips enter, that you already know the problem that exists withThey, the prick, although I have bought the painless, and the glucose meter.By the way, the strips many give me error and I have to use another, with which ...

So being diabetic more diseases are taken ... I have taken my spleen while 2/3 of pancreas, and they told me that without a spleen I will take more diseases ... because if we add the two factors I am going to spend my lifeSick ... more sick I want to say.

Enfin, thanks for your words and your time.

A hug.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/25/2017 12:04 p.m.

A needle per pen?oh really??Hallucino, I hope you haven't paid attention to you.I do not understand why in some centers there is so much disaster with this disease, and that they do not understand how serious it is.You should protest and ask that you give you the needles you need, in that if they should not scratch you (as they tell you normally they do it with the strips, lancets ...) but the needles, it is basic.It must be 1 per puncture.

What Ruthbia tells you to click after eating, is to correct yourself, if it turnsI would not recommend it until you have it more controlled.

I hope you have clarified things in the visit to the endocrine, and that they upload the insulin recipe too and give you the one you need clearly.
Cheer up!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
05/25/2017 9:30 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

@Emily, but what Panda de Rácanos are those "health professionals" !!!How is it possible that they give you a needle per pen?At that step they will tell you that when Rome stays, you get it tip with a lime ... That is not cuts, that is a total contempt for the patient.Be careful because the same when you operate you have to take the needle and thread from your house to sew you ... forgive but it is even laughing although it is not funny.
I hope your endocrine begins to guide something because if you are not going to end up auction.And if the needle fails that eternal or the pen is annoyed or it falls and breaks, what do you do?Well it is crazy what is happening to you.
Well hopefully you get everything at once and you can let go like everyone else.You will see how in a few months you are an expert. The help @ruthbia had when he debuted is not usual but yours is not normal.To my came to see me a nurse to give me some notions of how to click on, brought me the glucometer and left me a doll and a pen to practice during the weekend and there I was like a silk with the bunch of roadsIn the jugular (there they put my food out) giving the poor doll lunge and reading a role that I left where they explained what was hypoglycemia and what had to be done in case you had it.A month I saw an educator nurse and it was she who gathered with an endocrine three months later and quotes with another educator of my health center that saw me four months.I was lucky that the header and his nurse behaved from cinema and thanks to them I went ahead because the endocrine did not tell me about pancreatic enzymes or knew what I had to take or anything.That's why I tell you that you normally leave super lost, but little by little you are looking for life and hala!To throw out.

Cristinarivera's profile photo
Cristinarivera
05/26/2017 3:16 a.m.

Pancreatectomía total el 15 de junio 2016.
Novorápid 4/5-2,5/3-0/2 de momento...
Toujeo 23 a las 18,00 (variando continuamente)
calculando raciones a ver si me toca una bomba...

myxron said:
a needle per pen?oh really??Hallucino, I hope you haven't paid attention to you.I do not understand why in some centers there is so much disaster with this disease, and that they do not understand how serious it is.You should protest and ask that you give you the needles you need, in that if they should not scratch you (as they tell you normally they do it with the strips, lancets ...) but the needles, it is basic.It must be 1 per puncture.

What Ruthbia tells you to click after eating, is to correct yourself, if it turnsI would not recommend it until you have it more controlled.

I hope you have clarified things in the visit to the endocrine, and that they upload the insulin recipe too and give you the one you need clearly.
Encourage!

Thanks for the explanations.

The endocrine has not clarified me much;It is not a supporter of Pinchsr insulin depending on what I will eat but also.He says that I have to make a regime for life, that the more insulin makes me more fat, and that excesses (eating normal, drinking alcohol) the minimum of the minimum.That if a day from time to time I want to skip my diet, to click 2 or 3 units more fast.It is not for the work of calculating hydrates and clicking on it.

As for the material that dispenses the SS, and its racanería, at least in my ambulatory it is as I have explained.I couldn't imagine something like that, it's a despair.I have denounced, but I have not had any response yet.

Good morning to everyone.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/26/2017 10:09 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.