{'en': 'Post surgery diabetes', 'es': 'Diabetes post cirugía'} Image

Post surgery diabetes

Emily's profile photo   05/11/2017 6:52 p.m.

I have been told that the quick I put it before eating, if I am 300 I punish 12 units, how am I clicking only one unit?Then how and glucose would go through the clouds !!!And they have not told me to click me between meals.

I punctuate me 4 times a day, the 4th is the toujeo before sleeping.

Forgive my ignorance ... and thanks for dedicating your time.:)

gala said:
much encourage @emily!The principles are difficult but little by little it is overcome.
If your header does not send you to the endocrine change of doctor, a dependent type 1 diabetes is not in the outpatient.
The tables do not have to learn them by heart, my mother (I debuted as a young girl) at first I had plasticized in the kitchen to consult them, which if, you will have to buy a GR scale because at first calculate at the eye is complicated andYou have to weigh everything but you'll see that when you repeat meals you will see the size and you will begin to calculate the eyelet without the need to look at tables and make mental calculations quickly, it is easy:
10 carbohydrates = 1RATION
Everything that does not run, swim or vuele are HC and that is what you have to weigh (basically everything that grows on the ground:
Cereals, legumes, some vegetables, fruits, milk and yogurt also counts (cheese is free but careful that is pure fat).
Basically this is the summary.
Now you just have to know how many rations you want to eat: normally the first dish (legumes, pasta, rice ..) are HC, the second is free (CSRNE/fish) and the dessert (fruits) are HC and do not forget the bread thatYou also have to tell.Every day you don't have the same hunger but now at the beginning while you learn to calculate, try to be the same number of portions.
You only have to know how much 1 fast insulin unit goes down (the one you get every time you eat), which have explained it very well up, the easiest thing is to do the test when you are in those 300 that you say you arrive, put on 1 unit and check what has lowered you, the next day if it happens again with 2.
Apart from here is to play with the food you want to eat ... and little by little you will refine and seeing that all HC are not just as fast but that little by little.
Do not limit yourself to eat like sheep, leafs and little else.
From time to time I even like a nocilla snack and my nesquik I don't miss any day

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/13/2017 3:50 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

Not a single unit, but one more unit.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/13/2017 4:48 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Pufff or your "endocrine", "GP", "nurse" or "educator" have no idea of ​​diabetes or do not want to teach you.Really that this misinformation, is the patient's neglect, is this nonsense in Spanish health ???To simple summary:
- Basal insulin, that is, the toujeo can be injected at any time of the day, but always at that same time, in your case it is at night, but if you do not do well because it creates some lack of control (it does not have because with thatinsulin) you know that you can change to another schedule, for example always tomorrow before breakfast.
- Rapid insulin is used before food and its amount is associated with the amount of carbohydrates rations that you are going to take, remembering that 10 g of carbohydrate, 100g of product is equal to 1 traction.That in the table they have provided to you comes the exact amounts of HC that contains a certain food in 100 g.
- Third The rapid insulin amount before meals can increase in case the glucose level is greater than ideal.For example, I get to eat in a glycemia of 250, there is such a weird sensitivity and ratios.If you are going to eat 6 rations, you have 6 units of fast + now you should increase the units to lower that glycemia to stable values ​​telling that 1 fast unit lower 50 glucose we add 3 more quickly.In total in the fast food would be 9 units.This is an example in a very cool way since there are factors and variants that also affect blood cellget to eat perform physical exercise of intensity, etc.
- Little by little you have to adjust doses to compensate well with the raft and spin very well with the rapYou have menstruation or infection, how to do sports, etc ..... This is no guide, or any treatment to follow.They are only examples.
Those responsible for prescribing a guideline, with their amounts, schedules, teaching to count rations and telling you ratio and sensitivity are medical professionals

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/13/2017 5:58 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Ah, forgive, I hadn't understood you!

regina said:
not a single unit, but one more unit.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/13/2017 8:13 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.

Well, no "luvi", they have not explained anything about all that, for example, yesterday morning I got up at 200 and I put myself according to the amounts that the doctor gave me, 9 units of fast.Before eating I was 109 (I'm never so low), and I put 6 units, before dinner was 152 and put 7 units.This morning I was at 188 and I put 9 units, before eating I was 143 and I put 8 units, now I am 252, I just measured, and according to what the doctor told me, in 15 minutes or so, II will inject 10 fast units.

But at no time have they told me that I am injected with those units, according to my glucose, and that add more units depending on what I will eat.Nothing at all.

The header Dra indicated some quantities to prick my glucose, and the particular endocrine changed the glucose scale and increased the units to be injected into each section, and I raised the 20 toujeo units that the Dra had given mefrom head to 22.

With the header I had several visits, with the endocrine that I looked for only one, I will have the 2nd;Maybe the endocrine thought that I had already given me tables and indications, I don't know, the fact is that I am now knowing about all this ...

Thank you

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/13/2017 8:35 p.m.

Let's see, I understand that the guideline they have given @"Emily" includes corrections according to the result of the measurement, at first they also gave them to me.That is, for example for lunch I had to put 8u, if I had more than 150 +1 (9U), if I had more than 200 +2 (10u) ... etc.In summary that would be the same as Emily corrected, so you can understand, only before eating of course.I guess your guidelines are like that?You have some units if you are in "Opt" values, and to add units from 150, 140, or what you have indicated.It is the same, only "simplified."
We already have more practice and click according to what we want to eat, but at the beginning many doctors prefer to put a fixed insulin guideline, and that adapt the amounts of carbohydrates to the insulin that are put on, it is the same but the setback.Of course, it is a bit difficult if they do not explain the issue of rations or know sensitivity factor.At first they made me the same, and I was frustrated because I even asked my doctors, but let's see, how do I know how much I have to eat, not to stay long or short?"No, you try to eat more or less always and a little of everything" ... But of course, a little rice is not the same as salad.
Anyway, patience, and cane those doctors, I hope you are clarifying a little instead of getting more confused @"emily"

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
05/14/2017 12:57 a.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

emily said:
good afternoon,

On March 2, the pancreas operated because of an intraductal mucinous tumor, they have left me only the head of the pancreas, that is, they have removed two thirds of pancreas and since then I am diabetic.I am stressed, worried, depressive, totally overcome by diabetes.

Today I am with 22 units of Toujeo when I went to sleep, and with Novorapid three times a day before the main meals, I injected according to the measurements, more or less units, between 7 and 12 units in each meal.I am not stable and I have peaks with this medication of almost 300.

I have been reading the forum before registering and I confess that for me as if you speak Chinese basic: corrections, bowling, portions ... calculation of hydrates ... What is all that?I don't understand anything.I am lost, as based on lettuce salad, green beans, some boiled potato and rice in amounts of 60 g.Come on, a misery.Chicken, grilled fish from 100 to 120 g., Not like red meat, and boiled eggs.Sometimes one or two slices of whole wheat bread with one or two slices of sweet ham, and fresh cheese.Perhaps it would have been better not to leave the operating room (as is not the subject, I obvious the complications of the intervention that took me back to the operating room 4 days after the first operation, 12 days of the ICU, 35 days in total hospitalization, and thattakes me to a third visit to the operating room next month)

So far doctors are not very helpful, the supposed nurse even less, and I am totally lost with a vision of my depressing future life.

I don't know what to eat if I go to a restaurant, outside the salad and grilled fish that already at home.I don't know how to handle insulins or possible trips, vacations, etc., which used to be out of Spain.

I am terrified and I feel alone with this disease already for life, whether it is short, or not.Nor do I think I get to the old woman given my state of health.

All the best.

Link style = "max>

You will see in June last year I took the complete pancreas in addition to several more things that no longer served me at all (duodenum, gallbladder, appendix ... and more than I don't remember) so you see that some are in worseconditions that you and we endure wick as we can.Think that I envy you because at least you have a piece of pancreas that probably avoids having to depend on pancreatic enzymes so as not to malnutrify yourself and that they suppose me a minimum of fifteen daily.Do not think that you are going to have a short life, much less, see, so I know several people who are like me and one of them is a very brave girl to which wave is removed with 18 years and now she has 37, twoprecious children and a bomb -proof humor.Others are two incombustible seventones willing to eat the world with potatoes and the corresponding insulin and I who are missing less to retire.As you see, we are not many but in your case there are many more so do not discourage you and start planting this new situation that is indeed forever and quite a roll the truth.But well, most of the people of this fantastic forum have been carrying the Cross of Diabetes from their childhood or adolescence and that is terrible and there you have them fighting day by day and without being disheveled, helping everyone who arrived frightenedTo this new situation.It's amazing
You'll see how they help you, they guide you ... They are great.Do not overwhelm with what you can or not eat, little by little you will be released, at first it was the sameThat you but then you start "throwing the leg" and you see that nothing happens, well to a tortazo if you get stuck but you also learn and above all you are losing the fear that is not little.I don't want to spread more than I am a heavy one but anything you need here you have me.By the way in Barcelona you have the Hospital of San Juan de
God that I think is fantastic for the theme of diabetes ... why don't you turn around and questions?Surely they will guide you and help you.Take care of yourself and encourage

Cristinarivera's profile photo
Cristinarivera
05/14/2017 2:32 a.m.

Pancreatectomía total el 15 de junio 2016.
Novorápid 4/5-2,5/3-0/2 de momento...
Toujeo 23 a las 18,00 (variando continuamente)
calculando raciones a ver si me toca una bomba...

@Emily wait a bit to learn about insulin according to what you are going to eat, you have been a short time for information.It is better that you follow the doctor's guidelines at first and little by little they will teach you to work with rations.It is advice, of course.
All the best

Cristinarivera
05/14/2017 2:44 a.m.

With normal values ​​of 300 you will have to put more units than when you are well logically, if it is not impossible for 2 hours to be with normal value.
How do you do it?When you are high between meals (you do not have to eat in the next time/2 hours) tests to put 1 unit and see at 2 hours how much it has lowered you, it usually goes down between 50-80, already knowing how much it goes down per unit, when you look before Ina food if you are high, you have to add the units you need until you have a normal value to those 12 that you need to burn food.
For example, we assume that sores with 300 and and to you a unit lowers you 50, because you will have the account: I am 300, I want to stay at 100-100 = 200, how many units do I need to download 200?Well, 200 ÷ 50 (50 is what lowered you each unit) = 4.
Well, will you have 4 extra units added to those 12 that you get to metabolize food, mean 20 units, do you understand?
If instead of touching you a meal it happens to you at 5 in the afternoon, what do you do, you stay all afternoon with 300?Or at 2 a.m., do you throw all night with 300?You will not have to correct you cannot be so many hours with those figures, how many units?Well, the account ... in this case because 4 without waiting for the food to approach.
What happens to you at 13:00 and you eat at 2:00 p.m.Well, you can do several things:
-Astead the food and put on those 12+4, wait for you to start down and eat or
-Sepear (only 1 hour) or
-Per yourself those 4 extras and then click again for the 12 to eat or
-Proach you 12 wait for you to go down for example to 200 and eat some ration except here every or or has its truquillo ..
Have I clarified something?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/14/2017 4:10 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Yes, so it is, only that I am never in the optimal values, which I suppose they are the lowest of the scale, because they have not told me what they are ... you are helping me a lot, really.

myxron said:
to see, I understand that the pattern they have given @"emily" includes corrections according to the result that I give the measurement, at the beginning they also gave them to me.That is, for example for lunch I had to put 8u, if I had more than 150 +1 (9U), if I had more than 200 +2 (10u) ... etc.In summary that would be the same as Emily corrected, so you can understand, only before eating of course.I guess your guidelines are like that?You have some units if you are in "Opt" values, and to add units from 150, 140, or what you have indicated.It is the same, only "simplified."
We already have more practice and click according to what we want to eat, but at the beginning many doctors prefer to put a fixed insulin guideline, and that adapt the amounts of carbohydrates to the insulin that are put on, it is the same but the setback.Of course, it is a bit difficult if they do not explain the issue of rations or know sensitivity factor.At first they made me the same, and I was frustrated because I even asked my doctors, but let's see, how do I know how much I have to eat, not to stay long or short?"No, you try to eat more or less always and a little of everything" ... But of course, a little rice is not the same as salad.
Anyway, patience, and cane those doctors, I hope you are clarifying a little instead of getting more confused @"emily"

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/14/2017 12:03 p.m.

Thank you very much for your message, it is true, I have a piece of pancreas, but I do not have a gallbladder, no spleen, or left adrenal, they cut a piece of colon, and now in June they will cut me a piece of a clue, nowI have open a stoma in the belly with its corresponding bag, the latter does not help much to my morals either;I am still young, and my health is unfortunate.It could be worse, of course, and better too.I have already had a lot of operations of all kinds, and a lot of suffering that I only know.

Ah!And live stuck to morphine patches.Let's say that diabetes has been the gout that has filled the glass.

A big hug, and thanks from the heart.

Cristarivera said:
emily said:
good afternoon,

On March 2, the pancreas operated because of an intraductal mucinous tumor, they have left me only the head of the pancreas, that is, they have removed two thirds of pancreas and since then I am diabetic.I am stressed, worried, depressive, totally overcome by diabetes.

Today I am with 22 units of Toujeo when I went to sleep, and with Novorapid three times a day before the main meals, I injected according to the measurements, more or less units, between 7 and 12 units in each meal.I am not stable and I have peaks with this medication of almost 300.

I have been reading the forum before registering and I confess that for me as if you speak Chinese basic: corrections, bowling, portions ... calculation of hydrates ... What is all that?I don't understand anything.I am lost, as based on lettuce salad, green beans, some boiled potato and rice in amounts of 60 g.Come on, a misery.Chicken, grilled fish from 100 to 120 g., Not like red meat, and boiled eggs.Sometimes one or two slices of whole wheat bread with one or two slices of sweet ham, and fresh cheese.Perhaps it would have been better not to leave the operating room (as is not the subject, I obvious the complications of the intervention that took me back to the operating room 4 days after the first operation, 12 days of the ICU, 35 days in total hospitalization, and thattakes me to a third visit to the operating room next month)

So far doctors are not very helpful, the supposed nurse even less, and I am totally lost with a vision of my depressing future life.

I don't know what to eat if I go to a restaurant, outside the salad and grilled fish that already at home.I don't know how to handle insulins or possible trips, vacations, etc., which used to be out of Spain.

I am terrified and I feel alone with this disease already for life, whether it is short, or not.Nor do I think I get to the old woman given my state of health.

All the best.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/14/2017 12:34 p.m.

@"Emily" Optimal values ​​are between 80-120

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/14/2017 12:39 p.m.

Yes, thank you very much :) I'm going to spend the day by clicking to measure myself ... t_t

gala said:
@"emili, if you normally have to click 12 units for a meal I understand that it is with normal values, at 2 hours you should be a little higher than before it, if instead of being with normal values ​​parties of 300 you will have to put more units than when you are well logically, if it is impossible that at 2 hours you are with normal value.1 unit.
How do you do it?When you are high between meals (you do not have to eat in the next time/2 hours) tests to put 1 unit and see at 2 hours how much it has lowered you, it usually goes down between 50-80, already knowing how much it goes down per unit, when you look before Ina food if you are high, you have to add the units you need until you have a normal value to those 12 that you need to burn food.
For example, we assume that sores with 300 and and to you a unit lowers you 50, because you will have the account: I am 300, I want to stay at 100-100 = 200, how many units do I need to download 200?Well, 200 ÷ 50 (50 is what lowered you each unit) = 4.
Well, will you have 4 extra units added to those 12 that you get to metabolize food, mean 20 units, do you understand?
If instead of touching you a meal it happens to you at 5 in the afternoon, what do you do, you stay all afternoon with 300?Or at 2 a.m., do you throw all night with 300?You will not have to correct you cannot be so many hours with those figures, how many units?Well, the account ... in this case because 4 without waiting for the food to approach.
What happens to you at 13:00 and you eat at 2:00 p.m.Well, you can do several things:
-Astead the food and put on those 12+4, wait for you to start down and eat or
-Sepear (only 1 hour) or
-Per yourself those 4 extras and then click again for the 12 to eat or
-Proach you 12 wait for you to go down for example to 200 and eat some ration except here every or or has its truquillo ..
Have I clarified something?

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/14/2017 12:41 p.m.

@Emily, at first if you have to make many measurements until you find the guidelines.
I have arrived 14 controls up to date, now I have measured and I do not need so much with 2-3 ok but without keeping measurement and having already the guidelines normal, it is to be done 6-7, before and 2 hours after meals andbefore bedtime and of course when you notice you.
It is the only way to have "controlled" is disease

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/14/2017 1:17 p.m.

Well, I'm far from those values, with insulin and everything :(

gala said:
@"emily" optimal values ​​are between 80 W-120

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/14/2017 3:01 p.m.

My mother, this is unvoyed ...!

gala said:
@emily, at first if many measurements must be made until you find the guidelines.
I have arrived 14 controls up to date, now I have measured and I do not need so much with 2-3 ok but without keeping measurement and having already the guidelines normal, it is to be done 6-7, before and 2 hours after meals andbefore bedtime and of course when you notice you.
It is the only way to have "controlled" is disease

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/14/2017 3:07 p.m.

@Emily, is a lug of illness, so that we are going to tell lies

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/14/2017 3:09 p.m.

@Emily, another way of knowing what lowers you 1 unit is to add all the insulin that you get, fast and slow and make this account:
177 ÷ Total insulin, example: 12 of Tougeo and 3-5-5 fast (13), because 1700 ÷ 25 = 68 because that is what lowers you 1 unit, for when you have to correct yourself and to know the more orLess a ration of food goes up if you want

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/14/2017 11:03 p.m.

@"Emily, he is right @Miexron to me the same thing happened to me, they have started teaching me to count a few months ago and I am still fish because the educators quote me every two months. Also if you have a tremendous physical machaquecorrections on your own seems quite risky."Fixed parameters" but you have to have a little patience.You need now vary with time (I started with 12 -12-10 and now I am with 4-3/3.5-A demand at night).
All the best

Cristinarivera
05/15/2017 7:58 a.m.

gala said:
@emily, another way of knowing what lowers you 1 unit is to add all the insulin that you get, fast and slow and make this account:
177 ÷ Total insulin, example: 12 of Tougeo and 3-5-5 fast (13), because 1700 ÷ 25 = 68 because that is what lowers you 1 unit, for when you have to correct yourself and to know the more orLess a ration of food goes up if you want

But I only put a fixed amount of toujeo, 22 every 24 h.The rapid varies depending on the value that results in each measurement.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/18/2017 11:32 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.