{'en': 'How do hypoglycemia influence over the years ???', 'es': 'Como influyen las hipoglucemias a lo largo de los años???'} Image

How do hypoglycemia influence over the years ???

Leticia21's profile photo   05/30/2017 12:08 a.m.

@"SIGSAUER" 5 HIP in 5 months?What value is it for you hiccups ???
Because I almost every day Rozo in 65 ...
@yaizaj If you think it will be of you with 42 years I imagine that I have 27 ... it is horrible.
I know that it is a continuous fight this is so difficult for me to calculate and predict everything ...

Leticia21's profile photo
Leticia21
06/11/2017 10:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It cannot be that a hypo that is solved fast is so harmful, neither must it exaggerate it so much ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/12/2017 12:38 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@"Leticia21" I am one of which I have a hypoglycemia or find out.I have no symptoms.And when I notice something it is already too late because I am in 30. But this occurs not because they have many hypoglycemia if not because my hemo is never usually more than 6. The body gets used to these levels and does not recognize the symptoms.I realize that I am hypoglycemic when my brain runs out of sugar and produces hallucinations, confusion, double vision.
Personally I think that hypoglycemia have to affect the brain in the long run.I don't know how but I'm sure it.The sugar is the fuel of our brain and if from time to time we leave it without fuel I am convinced that it has to affect it.But it is a personal opinion.

piguma's profile photo
piguma
06/12/2017 12:38 a.m.

I don't think it's so much, if they are mild hypos and they are quickly solved .., I always had memory failures and I am not diabetic, sometimes what makes things forget about worries, more than the head ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/12/2017 12:42 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Something I have read that hypos tend to annoy the retina, and little else.Eye with the detection, I understand that it is a process mediated by immunity, I spent a while without detecting them and my doctor had me with high blood glucose for 6 months, until my "detector" recovered and for now it is fine.
Like everything in diabetes, tries to put it on your scale.Hypos are dangerous because they can kill you in a short time.They advise you to control the carbohydrates you take to correct them, to faith that it is very difficult to contain when you are on a downturn, but you have to try.Of course, prevent you from having a hyper after a downturn, you will only get it having a pancreas that works.But I repeat that you keep things on your scale, having hyperglycemia continually ends up generating complications, a hyper/hyper sequence will not be so harmful, although everything helps.

juanluis1957's profile photo
juanluis1957
06/12/2017 1:53 a.m.

Hello people.I have not been a year and the truth is that hypoglycemia are a touched of noses.Always happens when you least expect it and in the most inopportune way.I try to get the most positive part eating bananas, for example, or prohibited fruits, but very careful to avoid the rebound effect.Unfortunately, sometimes my 'feast' gets expensive and I have to get off the clouds ... It is true that you are left and do not reason at all well.That makes me nerves.But I deduce that life is like that and you really can't have everything under control.I send you a hug from here and I thank everyone.We are going forward.That motivation does not lack

Rozio Tornado's profile photo
Rozio Tornado
06/12/2017 2:57 a.m.

@"Rozio Tornado" totally agree, in the most inopportune moments, Hala!HIP TO THE SONG: When you drive in conflictive traffic, when you are talking at a company meeting, when you are throwing a speech at your daughter's wedding ... I usually endure until I see that people start putting strange faces, so I say: "Loss, I have happened with coca", and I disappear.

Regarding the long -term effects of hypos, it is not demonstrated that they cause pernicious effects on the brain, in even cases below 20 mg/ml with loss of knowledge, people recover when I am injecting glucose by venous route.I put texts extracted from a Magazine of Neorology:

"The decrease in glucose below 20 mg/dl induces a hypoglycemic coma state characterized by the cessation or flattening of electric brain activity. This state can be reversed through the intravenous administration of glucose"

"When addressing the issue of harmful effects of severe or repeated hypoglycemia, the short -term effects and long -term effects must be distinguished. By the duration of hypoglycemia, the cognitive and mental function is importantly affected.However, once blood glucose levels return to normal, cognitive function also returns to normal.

"Repeated hypoglycemia episodes are associated with other long -term neurological effects: they affect the contraregulation mechanisms against subsequent hypoglycemia episodes, increasing the risk of serious hypoglycemia"

The latter is what can affect us most and refers to the fact that with frequent hypos you get used to it and every time you see them to lower glucose concentrations, which increases the risk of severe hypo, which is what happened to me, until I was in 50 I did not find out which gave me very little margin of maneuver and thanks to the free I have solved it.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
06/12/2017 8:42 a.m.

@"Leticia21" I consider hypoglycemia below 65-70 because while a non-diabetic can spend perfectly 8 hours in those values ​​and not pass anything at all, we can now be at 65 mg/dl and depending on the trend in 15MNTS I can be at 45mg/dl and a half stunned, that's why I treat it as hypoglycemia.

I think it was the fellow Artorias who commented one day in another thread that 90%of the diabetics have a surplus of basal insulin for the lifestyle we lead, that is, that we get more basal insulin than our body really needs, I know that it is very easy to say but fucked to find the perfect insulin dose for each body.-
You leave the endocriono with a guideline marked by "the theory" but then the guideline you have to change yourself;One day I went out with 35u from Lantus and after constant hypoglycemia I finished with 18U (almost half) perfectly controlled and without hypoglycemia.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/12/2017 9:01 a.m.

According to my ender below 80 it is already hypo.
I every day under 70.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/13/2017 1:38 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

With this issue I have prudence.5 or less that involve walking on a regular basis on the edge of the razor.What makes a hemoglobin good is not only its numerical value, avoiding hypos is fundamental.The damages that cause are not only the potential and immediate danger that they suppose (which is much), but the overexertion to the Q submit to the heart, which can cause from injuries to infarctions.Neuroglucopeic symptoms (confusion, control loss, seizures, etc.) also intuit that for the brain it is not good to suffer hypoglycemia frequently.That these symptoms do not feel does not mean that inside the body does not suffer the consequences, rather the other way around, it leaves you defenseless by not being able to warn and stop the situation before.I have a lot, a lot of respect for hypoglycemia.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
06/13/2017 2:03 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

ainhoa said:
as comment @"sigsauer" where appropriate, prefer flat hemoglobins and without 7% hypos of 7% to adjustment values ​​of 5'5

@"Ainhoa" and @"Sigsauer" I agree with you, although I am an inconsistent that does not put it into practice.I have always criticized the obsessive mania that we have a hemoglobin as low as possible at the cost of piercing our fingers and clicking insulin 4 times a day.When I was diagnosed there were neither glucometers nor strips nor anything and lived with a single prick to the happy day (well ... I have passed, I recognize it), and here I continue, I was just worried about bringing the regime the bestpossible.On the other hand, currently, a hemoglobin of 7 does not guarantee that you do not have hypos since it will depend more on your way of controlling yourself and whether you have a continuous or not measurement system.
And with respect to the effect of long -term hypoglycemia, there is nothing conclusive and a study that I know about 1144 adults and adolescents for 10 years and with follow -up the 18 years after the only conclusion to which they arrived is the one we have alreadySaid that the body gets used to low blood glucose levels and you are more risk of severe hypoglycemia, although I add to this with the current measurement systems that risk has also decreased.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
06/13/2017 11:02 p.m.

Hello pretty people, I was reading some comments and one is directly related to what happens to me, the glucose is triggered as if the insulin did not act in my body, for example today in the morning 3 toasted with a tea with milk and sweetener I spend meThe 300. This happens to me about 3 or 4 days is impossible to control, exercise or not, for example yesterday I had 320 walk more than 7 km and return with 280 ..... This is insolite !!What advice do they give me?

alejandro1963's profile photo
alejandro1963
06/14/2017 3:50 p.m.

These are the famous X files that they name in this forum.No one is free from them.You do not say if this happens to you alone at breakfast or in more meals (unfortunately most of the people who ask for advice given very few data).As far as I can act on three fronts: 1º Increase the fast insulin that you wear (you don't say how much you get) and in these cases it will have little effect, 2nd) exercise, but with 320 at most walking, you also alsoIt will have little effect.3rd) Reduce HC intake until you normalize (you don't say how many gr of shots), or a combination of several of them, for example reduce HC intake a bit at breakfast and go for several km.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
06/14/2017 5:20 p.m.

@"Alejandro1963" With a hyper you should not exercise.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
06/14/2017 6:07 p.m.

@"Alejandro1963", but do you use fast, right?.Pon more dose at breakfast, if you need it, and when you are high you can correct with a fast unit and see how much you lower you, to correct other times.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/15/2017 12:10 a.m.

After 41 years with type 1 diabetes, now the symptoms are less perceptible, palpitations, sweating, contractions and now if I am with values ​​of 40mg or lower the only thing I perceive is an optical decrease (I see blurry) andSubsequently, a sense of mental confusion produced by the loss of the glucose necessary for brain neurons to work correctly 8 is a feeling prior to the loss of knowledge and a possible hypoglycemic coma.These are my feelings `but although diabetes is a same disease for all of each patient, it has different symptoms, the important thing is to recognize your symptoms.You and the people with which you convince all and greetings

alvarito's profile photo
alvarito
06/18/2017 12:14 p.m.

Apapel19 said:
greetings to all in the forum.
I want to share with you what many consider the discovery of the century and that is revolutionizing the treatment of immune diseases such as diabetes achieving unprecedented results diabetes if it has a cure and is in ourselves Link

Diabetes has the same cure, as did your intellectual coefficient.That link that you have put it to your family and friends, which will surely have understanding towards you.I would like to know if this miracle also serves to deflate the Bemolea part that causes me people like you.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/01/2017 5:46 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I kill me with laughter @luvi, fantastic comment !!!

Cristinarivera's profile photo
Cristinarivera
08/05/2017 7:19 a.m.

Pancreatectomía total el 15 de junio 2016.
Novorápid 4/5-2,5/3-0/2 de momento...
Toujeo 23 a las 18,00 (variando continuamente)
calculando raciones a ver si me toca una bomba...

When I had 60s during the early morning and felt the classic symptoms, I used to eat hiper x eating more than.Now I know that with a 6gR honey candy 30 mg/dl
I still walked with this.My last situation was to reach 58 walking and trace the symptoms walking consuming the caramel for 600 meters and feeling normal at 10 minutes.
And not fall into the deception of the brain, which induces us to continue consuming hydrates, for not stop sending us signals from the hypo.
It is a matter of knowing and getting used.

mario69's profile photo
mario69
08/06/2017 4:42 p.m.

Diabetes 2, pero insulinorequiriente, con resistencia a la insulina y pancreas agotado.
HbA1c: dic '16: 12,8; mar '17: 10,9
Fallece mi madre oct '17
Ida a Paraguay feb '18
HbA1c: oct '18: 8,7; ene '19: 6,5; abr '19: 6,2 abr '19: 6,5; jun '19: 7,5; set '19: ???
Detemir 26 7:30 y 20 19:30
Aspartica 4 antes desay y mer y 5 antes alm y cena.
200 a 250gr de HC diarios, 80gr Prot y 80gr Grasa. Segun actividad.
71 años 88kg 1,72.

piguma said:
@"leticia21" I am one of those who have a hypoglycemia or learn.I have no symptoms.And when I notice something it is already too late because I am in 30. But this occurs not because they have many hypoglycemia if not because my hemo is never usually more than 6. The body gets used to these levels and does not recognize the symptoms.I realize that I am hypoglycemic when my brain runs out of sugar and produces hallucinations, confusion, double vision.
Personally I think that hypoglycemia have to affect the brain in the long run.I don't know how but I'm sure it.The sugar is the fuel of our brain and if from time to time we leave it without fuel I am convinced that it has to affect it.But it is a personal opinion.

I like it when the hypo happens, those colors that are seen, of the violet type, fuchsia, bright phosphorescent green.ha ha
This is when I close my eyes by pressing my eyelids a little.I would like to be a sonsor that can reflect that symphony of colors and movements.
Not when I feel irritable and confusing.
Maybe I do as the person who left written as death by carbon monoxide poisoning, but I hope to stop on time, haha
Hugs

mario69's profile photo
mario69
08/06/2017 4:47 p.m.

Diabetes 2, pero insulinorequiriente, con resistencia a la insulina y pancreas agotado.
HbA1c: dic '16: 12,8; mar '17: 10,9
Fallece mi madre oct '17
Ida a Paraguay feb '18
HbA1c: oct '18: 8,7; ene '19: 6,5; abr '19: 6,2 abr '19: 6,5; jun '19: 7,5; set '19: ???
Detemir 26 7:30 y 20 19:30
Aspartica 4 antes desay y mer y 5 antes alm y cena.
200 a 250gr de HC diarios, 80gr Prot y 80gr Grasa. Segun actividad.
71 años 88kg 1,72.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.