{'en': 'How do hypoglycemia influence over the years ???', 'es': 'Como influyen las hipoglucemias a lo largo de los años???'} Image

How do hypoglycemia influence over the years ???

Leticia21's profile photo   05/30/2017 12:08 a.m.

We all know the symptoms that we live with hypoglycemia ... But my question today is the consequences that can generate to have hypos with many constancy.

Although I try practically every day I have a hypo and look that I try to control looking at meals ... etc: ((: (It is a despair.

I have been going on the head for a long time ... feeling of confusion as when we live a hiccase ... and perhaps of as many hypos as my brain is "touched" for having it without enough energy (sugar) in many occasions by thehypos.

Maybe they are mias boberias I don't know ...

Leticia21's profile photo
Leticia21
05/30/2017 12:08 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

leticia21 said:
We all know the symptoms that we live with hypoglycemia ... but my question today is the consequences that can generate to have hypos with many constancy.
Although I try practically every day I have a hypo and look that I try to control looking at meals ... etc: ((: (It is a despair.
I have been going on the head for a long time ... feeling of confusion as when we live a hiccase ... and perhaps of as many hypos as my brain is "touched" for having it without enough energy (sugar) in many occasions by thehypos.
Maybe they are mine boberias ...

Analyze whether these hypoglycemia are always at the same time and draws conclusions to avoid them, it usually happens that (except exceptions) the hypos are more likely to appear at some hours than others and there are many explanations for hypoglycemia, but many times they mustto some cause that we can avoid or at least try (reduce the "bolus" of a fast meal, lower a little slow if the blood glucose at night allows us, eat more if these hypos are due to exercise performed ...etc etc ..., well, thousands of explanations, go).

The most immediate consequences is that if you have very very continuous hypoglycemia your body can be "used" to have them and the glucose value in which you start having symptoms and one day you can begin to notice thehypo with too low figures ... which is dangerous

JPR's profile photo
JPR
05/30/2017 10:08 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

I have always heard that, that your body can get used to and not show symptoms, but in more than 20 years I have had a thousand hypos and I have the same symptoms as at first, I don't know how much truth in that statement.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
05/30/2017 10:50 a.m.

These hypos would have to be specified, hypoglycemia is considered to be all that value below 80, but a 70-65 hypo is not the same as a 40-35 hypo, the sugar deficit with such low and continuously/ levelsProlonged over time, as well as being in Hippo and pass to hyper, are alterations that sooner or later logically cause damage.To give an example, perhaps little successful, it is like someone hooked to a substance one day takes little dose and another much, not reaching overdose, but those changes of repeated amounts in time at the level of the nervous system will have their effect.In some people those peaks may never happen or too late and in others they may immediately make presence.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/30/2017 10:55 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@"Luvi" totally agree, precisely the passage from Hicm to Hiper, for not correctly tracing hypoglycemia, is one of the things that most damages the body.Therefore, it is important to know how to overcome the glucose, without passing, taking the minimum amount of HC of rapid absorption carbon necessary.

aranzuleg said:
I have always heard that, that your body can get used to and not show symptoms, but in more than 20 years I have had a thousand hypos and I have the same symptoms as at first, at first, at first,I don't know how much truth in that statement.In 20 years of diabetes (the same as I carry), obviously we have had 1000 hypos, but that does not mean that we are constantly in hypoglycemia.Be constantly in values ​​of 60-80 mg/dl at the end will make the body adjust the downward symptoms threshold and hypoglycemia will be noticed with lower values.If your hypoglycemia notes with less than 70 mg/dl are because you are usually in normal glucose range, above 90 mg/dl.It also occurs on the contrary: there are people who have a habitual range of glucose a high pelin and notice symptoms of hypoglycemia with values ​​of 90-100.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
05/30/2017 11:17 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

I do not know if very continuous hypoglycemia over many years could damage the brain, but what is clear are the damage of the hyper, so it is worth not thinking and controlling how best we can.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/30/2017 4:28 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@"JPR" True that you have to analyze many things with the hypos ... there are days that I get well and others no ...
I have been commented on several occasions the issue of glucogen ... and I think my reservations are scarce ... because an overeofing that does if not as something already ended with descent.
@"Luvi" the issue of recovering from the hypos I have improved because I sinned excesses and ends with a hyper and now I have it more controlled ... but still there are so many factors that influence that we cannot guide us for the previous day.
@"Aranzazuleg" was a time that my body did not detect the hypos ... even once with 39 and as if nothing ... until I started with spasms and shaking ...

Leticia21
05/30/2017 5:42 p.m.

There are people who do not detect them, but that is something else, there are people who realize very late, but I don't think it is due to excessive hypos throughout a life.

Of course, against this, diabetes better, although I think that is achieved with years of experience, knowing ourselves is our best asset to level it PQ to all of us does not upload children in the same way.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
05/31/2017 9:08 a.m.

The truth is that I find myself desperate .... Every day there is a hypo and a hyper (and not as a consequence of a hiccup bounce) but because.
I know there are not 2 days equal .... everything influences ... but I find this so difficult ...
Today breakfast 110 pp 208 (meaningless) and correct
MMAÑANA 80
Lunch 78 pp 134
Snack 132 (at the time I was wrong and had 69)
Dinner 119 pp 53

: ((: (((

Leticia21
06/04/2017 1:19 a.m.

Well, this is so, but the average will be fine and glycosilada too, so calm.Nor are they hyper or worrying hypos.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/04/2017 2:07 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

The only prosecuting figure that I see is 53 the rest I see them perfect or almost perfect, I do not understand that concern !!!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/04/2017 4 p.m.

Won't it be for the high basal?

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/06/2017 12:04 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

We have to monitor the hypos and hypers peaks also outside the HBA1C, I find myself the same as @"Leticia21" many days and I also believe that it is due to the alterations of the glucose.

ref666's profile photo
ref666
06/08/2017 4:53 p.m.

Jo, because every day I am several times between 50 and 60 I will end as Mr. Bean.

@"Leticia21" You don't say how much your hypos are.I have ever had a severe hypo (30 or less) and when I recovered I have climbed more than the account, what has happened to you, I stay a little as "touched" so watching out the possible increases after thehypos.As JPR says the dangerous are the ups and downs and you have to be very methodical to calculate exactly what you are going to take to recover, because otherwise you eat and you have already passed.For the rest I tend to be under normally since the hypos do not notice them until I am in 45 approx., That is why I think the problem is in the rebound that you can have later.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
06/08/2017 10:49 p.m.

There is a lot lately talk that the peaks are harmful, regardless of glucosilada, but is there any study or proof of that?Glycosylated hemoglobin is the one that measures glucosylation of all the body's cells, peaks included.I do not understand very well what the most can harm the ups and downs apart from contributing to hemoglobin ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/09/2017 12:21 a.m.

@"Regina" I am totally convinced that the complications that peaks have are the much more harmful.
Nowadays the doctors continue to guide themselves from the hemo and if it does well because everything perfect.
In my 18 years of diabetes I only remember 2 or 3 occasions to have a hem of 8.2 or 8, and the rest between 6 and 7.
In the last years I have always been between 5 and 6.5.
When I go to the doctor and comment on my symptoms, nerves, pain, sensitivity ... If they just tell me with my we have not been high so it is not a consequence of diabetes.I do not believe it ... Well we have been "good" due to living in hypos and rebounds with hyper continuous ...
Luckily I have controlled better how to act in a hiccy ... but come on ... to do more studies on how the peaks influence

Leticia21
06/11/2017 11:03 a.m.

But that's what the good professional is and interpreted with your glycemics that hemoglobin is thrown into the analytics.There is a clear thing and it is not necessary to be diabetic or endocrine and that is that a glycemic that throws the 24 -graphic day does not exist, so there is no one to free x a or x b of having a low or high level ina certain time strip or determined moment.The important or main thing is to detect it as soon as possible (measurements or know how to detect symptoms) and if it can be before it happens better (that is already an economic issue), act in a proportionate way (ingest the fair hydrates) and not excessive (avoid rebounding),Reduce that these rises and lowers a lot in time (adjusting dose), then it is when a hem is reliable and is not falsified by hypos.None are exempt from low or high glycemia, but everyone's struggle is to try not to be successive every day or prolonged over time.The ones who know us best are ourselves and we are how our control has really been.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/11/2017 4:24 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

jpr said:
leticia21 said:
We all know the symptoms that we live with hypoglycemia ... but my question today is the consequences that can generate to have hyposWith many constancy.
Maybe they are mine boberias ...

Analyze whether these hypoglycemia are always at the same time and draws conclusions to avoid them, it usually happens that (except exceptions) the hypos are more likely to appear at some hours than others and there are many explanations for hypoglycemia, but many times they mustto some cause that we can avoid or at least try (reduce the "bolus" of a fast meal, lower a little slow if the blood glucose at night allows us, eat more if these hypos are due to exercise performed ...etc etc ..., well, thousands of explanations, go).

The most immediate consequences is that if you have very very continuous hypoglycemia your body can be "used" to have them and the glucose value in which you start having symptoms and one day you can begin to notice thehypo with too low figures ... which is dangerous

Hello;I have been with average hypoglycemia for 30 years and I forget things, I have less capacity to retain things and I don't know what will be of me in the future since I still have 42 years

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
06/11/2017 7:05 p.m.

@"Yaizaj" If I endocrine I saw me 4 weekly hypoglycemia directHe prefers a 7 -hypos hemo with a hemo of 6 with 35 hypoglycemia ... I do not know that hemoglobin will come out but I have 5 hypoglycemia in 5 months, largely thanks to the freestyle but as she tells me to spend a lot of time"In the tightrope" it entails its risks, especially in the short term ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/11/2017 7:55 p.m.

@"Yaiza" If you have frequent hypos, you should put the freestyle or any other continuous monitoring system.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
06/11/2017 10:26 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.