{'en': 'Cover Freestyle Bathroom patch', 'es': 'Cubrir parche de freestyle para baño'} Image

Cover Freestyle Bathroom patch

mjjm1's profile photo   06/20/2016 2:37 p.m.

@"Lettyle" That is the Dexcom, the Free lasts only 14 days.The free is no way to extend it more, but the Dexcom seems yes.Look at the thread where Dexcom is discussed that there will be more information.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/16/2018 1:13 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

When I am going to spend hours and soak I wear those patches that I buy in the pharmacy.They last for 14 days and are totally waterproof

rosanriv's profile photo
rosanriv
07/01/2018 1:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am new and I still don't know how the forum works, but it will always be good and orientative especially for the doubts we have.

I will make a suggestion in case it is good for the protection of the free freestyle sensor and is referring to the protection of water (shower, pool, beach).

After much search I have found a page called "Aliexpress" and using the search engine of this page, there I found some transparent plastic boxes that makes container of collectible coins.100 boxes come in the package and as there are several diameters, you must choose the 32 mm that is the one that has the sensor, when I bought it last month the price was € 8.53.Only the box of the box is used, the other part has another minor diameter.As there can be several stores inside Aliexpress (this is a Chinese conglomerate of stores), in which I have bought it is called "Combiubiu Tool Store" and shipping for Spain from this store is free.

The second part is that you have to hold the box and I use the tape used by physiotherapists (kinesiology tape) of 5m * 5cm skin color at the price of more or less € 4 and look for the store that also makes free shipping.Two pieces of over 6 cm are cut and put on the cross -shaped box and when you remove it, do not worry that the sensor is not going to take off because it has no contact with the tape or the glue.

It takes between 20 or 25 days to receive it and to be able to make the order you have to register.

A personal suggestion and it is to be able to replace the kinesiology tape if anyone knows where they sell plastic tape of the same or higher width that I have previously put since that of kinesiology is like fabric and with the water you can take off from the skin.I only use this invention, as it is very cheap, the box I keep it for later uses, for the time of shower, pool or beach.

Good luck and greetings.

jmilamo's profile photo
jmilamo
01/29/2020 12:56 a.m.

& lt;
src = " Link alt = ""/& Gt;
Good afternoon .. I use kineotherapy tape to protect the sensor and so that the sensor does not come when I remove it, I put a silicone capsules .. you send photo ... the tape holds and lasts a lot and the capsules are reusable .. barathIn Aliexpress and Amazon bought with the price of stickers and bracelets ....

evarm's profile photo
evarm
06/17/2022 7:45 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1 durante 20 años, Apidra antes de comidas,Toujeo por la noche.Hipotiroidismo y coleresterol alto controlado.Freestyle2 desde octubre2020

Good, I have read those that I have thought most related to the freestyle sensor, and I wanted to share my experience that from error and success I learned.

At first when they told me that they were going to give me the freestyle sensors I read everything that fell into my hands and something that was repeated was the issue that several were taken off, so I asked for transparent stickers by aliexpress, the best selling and the bestWith better criticism, although a couple of them said they were garbage.
They should see little and that is why I did not hit them, because I have made the fourteen days without eruptions or allergies, I speak that it is clear in winter, because the summer has been to arrive and sweat the beautiful in the curro andThey released alone, then it is when I turned to those of a pre -pre -chezon quinesiological tape with the center without glue, a clavician in the pocket, but I needed it.

Under my experience, transparent patches are fabulous for winter, and the quinesiological tape or the pre -cutting tape patches with the center without glue.

The last pre -cuts of quinesiological tape in black I have bought them for Aliexpress, have been one hundred units for twelve euros and arrived in seven days.They are pretty good and paste of luxury.And they have cost me the same as the twenty as I bought by Amazon and shrink for hours .....

€ 6.51 63%discount |50/100 pieces CGM adhesive patch for Dexcom G6 and free freestyle, waterproof adhesive patches, precrified paper, precrified paper
Link

€ 11.57 |Water -proof transparent adhesive patches, 50 pieces, free -style free sensor, transparent tape CGM of long duration
Link

I hope they are worth you.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
08/09/2022 9:50 p.m.

We put a mesh that sell in bulk in pharmacies to cover bandages at bath time and it is what my son is most comfortable

evacf's profile photo
evacf
08/10/2022 1:52 p.m.

The other day I already said that the patches are given by the SS, I even put a photo.3m tegaderm.They work perfectly.You can be in the water without problems.

sinacio's profile photo
sinacio
08/16/2022 1:36 p.m.

mjjm1 said:
hello to all,

Let's see if you can give me a hand, I would like to bathe on the beach and I don't know how to cover the patch, I have been told a piece of neoprene, but I can't find any anywhere.

Where could you find patches for freestyle?.

Put please.

Thank you!

It is the third time I say it.Transparent dressings to protect the sensor are given for free social security and are called 3m tegaderm.They work perfectly, without irritations or discomfort of any kind.

sinacio's profile photo
sinacio
08/23/2022 1:24 p.m.

sinacio's profile photo
sinacio
08/23/2022 1:26 p.m.

It doesn't affect me because I buy my sensor, but for others ... What CCAA are you?
I say it because for example, I am from Andalusia and I prescribe my needles, but my brother is in Catalonia and a few years ago they stopped prescribing them and he has to pay them ...
That is, I think things are different according to CCAA

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/23/2022 2:16 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
my brother is in Catalonia and a few years ago they stopped prescribing them and he has to pay them ...

You will mean that what they do not give is the lancetas.The needles for insulin have never stopped giving them, at least in my cap or in my father's.

12mas37's profile photo
12mas37
08/23/2022 5:06 p.m.

12mas37 said:
Isabelbota said:
my brother is in Catalonia and a few years ago they stopped prescribing them and they have to pay them ...

You will mean that what they do not give is the lancetas.Insulin needles have never stopped giving them, at least in my cap or my father's.

Well, he told me needles, but he hopes I ask him again.

isabelbota
08/23/2022 8:50 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

12mas37 said:
Isabelbota said:
my brother is in Catalonia and a few years ago they stopped prescribing them and they have to pay them ...

You will mean that what they do not give is the lancetas.Insulin needles have never stopped giving them, at least in my cap or my father's.

Well, he tells me that in Tarragona the last times he asked, the needles did not give them.

isabelbota
08/23/2022 9:17 p.m.

Because in the Sanitària of Barcelona (specifically Ambit Metropolità Sud) they have always given them, and the last time I asked for them was a scarce month ago ...

12mas37's profile photo
12mas37
08/24/2022 8:32 a.m.

12mas37 said:
because in the Sanitària region of Barcelona (specifically Ambit Metropolità Sud) they have always given them, and the last time I asked for them was a scarce month ago ...

That confirms what I think.That things are not so closed, they are at the discretion of the health personnel that touch you.What a fabric.

isabelbota
08/24/2022 9:08 a.m.

Isabelbota said:
12mas37 said:
because in the Sanitària region of Barcelona (specifically ambit metropolità sud) they have always given them, and the last time that theI asked was a scarce month ago ...

That confirms what I think.That things are not so closed, they are at the discretion of the health personnel that touch you.What a fabric.

Here in Andalusia you don't have to ask for them, we have them prescribed on the card (yes, it cost me the life to prescribe me 2 when I asked them because I started using quickly, before I had a PQ only used slow, they told me to reuse themlike all patients ...).

isabelbota
08/24/2022 9:12 a.m.

And how many times are they supposed to be reused?Because I do not reuse and fast right right now I do not wear

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/24/2022 10:44 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

nila said:
and how many times are they supposed to be reused?Because I do not reuse and fast right right now I do not wear

Well this is a mess.
The companies that sell them put that they are of a single use, that using them can cause infections and that they are emerging and hurt more.And some doctors agree.
Other doctors say that nothing happens to use them 4 or 5 times, that the manufacturer is interested in putting a single use to sell more ...
My brother, for example, each boli ends with a needle !!!That seems to me a barbarity.
So I do as with the lancetas.I use one per day (whether they are the punctures) because I think that nothing should happen, infected, etc ...
But this is my decision, a midpoint.Each person does one thing and each doctor says something different ...

isabelbota
08/24/2022 11:51 a.m.

Needles are of a single use, both in hospital and nursing and at home.They should never be reused because they lose sterility after the first use.

Another thing is that the health center (administrative and sanitary personnel) saves costs and selling your motorcycle.

In my health center, Madrid, give me a needle per puncture, those that are needed.Another different thing is the strips, since I use a sensor they no longer give me.

When I lived in Toledo they also gave me all those that were needed without restrictions.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/24/2022 12:17 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello,
To me the endocrine Sl like the nurse, and when I left the hospital, the counselor that familiar me with the bowling, etc., they told me that only one use, that they could most cause infections, etc.
Also here in Aragon and my center give me all the ones I need.
Greetings

ube's profile photo
ube
08/24/2022 12:19 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.