{'en': 'Prime Minister and Diabetes 1', 'es': 'Primer Ministro y con diabetes 1'} Image

Prime Minister and Diabetes 1

ani's profile photo   07/15/2016 9:04 p.m.

Theresa May is confirmed as the 76 Prime Minister of Great Britain and the first to have type 1 diabetes. She was elected leader of the Conservative Party after David Cameron's departure.

Theresa May was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in 2012 after seeking medical attention after a sudden weight loss and classical symptomatology: polyuria (frequently urinating), polydipsia (intense thirst) and extreme tiredness.

Since her diagnosis she has been very open in terms of her condition and has made it very clear that her condition has had little impact on her work and performance as "Home Secretary" one of the highest positions in the government, same since he has playedfor 6 years.

"Diabetes does not change what you can do"

In an entvista for the magazine Diabetes Uk Balance said "I would like what the message comes far, the diabetes does not change what you can do. The more people see that we with diabetes can lead a normal life doing any of the things that a person would do a personthat does not live with diabetes would be much easier for those newly diagnosed. "

There has been a large number of reports in the media and questions of May's ability toWay indicates that he is not able to perform the position properly, in addition these statements are unacceptable. "

ani's profile photo
ani
07/15/2016 9:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@ani very interesting!!!
All who have or have DM1 should count it to set an example.And every time it looks as more normalized.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/15/2016 9:25 p.m.

But he is 60 years old and they were diagnosed 3 or 4 years ago.

It doesn't seem like a normal diabetes.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/15/2016 9:32 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa41 have diagnosed me with 57

DiabetesForo
07/15/2016 10:42 p.m.

DM1

DiabetesForo
07/15/2016 10:43 p.m.

To me with 48 years dm1, it would not be normal either

DiabetesForo
07/16/2016 10:38 a.m.

There is an image with the most famous personalities in the world that live with diabetes, he publishes for themselves where they indicate that suffering it does not mean that we like anyone, but does not imply that you can make a normal life within your care.
Benedict XVI, Pope
John Paul II, Pope
King Fahd of Arabia
Woody Allen
A president of the USA, actors etc.

DiabetesForo
07/16/2016 11:04 a.m.

That celebrities say and publish that they are diabetics make all diabetics encompass us in normal.Having diabetes is serious and these wires of normal life benefit from us.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
07/16/2016 12:50 p.m.

@Anaisabel I think that is nothing more than people to exist, say it or not to say it?Well, I've been hiding it for a long time and now I don't do anything.
I think we have some needs and the more we are in light perhaps and I say only perhaps we will be heard more.

Diabetes slows me very little, but that of leading a normal life, nothing at all, it is not normal, it is normal to lead a non -diabetic, which is impossible for me to bring good control.It is very difficult for me to live with her, to perform the sport I do with it is very complicated, to train the hours that I train in different modalities a fuck because a discipline is not the same as another, keeping glucose in limits so many hours during the trainingo Tests (which may some think it is exaggerated) is very fucking, but I try to take care of myself without living for her.

Type 1 diabetes is encompassed by the health system as serious illness, happy for it?Not at all, but this is very serious more than some may think.

The formation is fundamental, a diabetes without formation is not a diabetes, I do not see myself normal when I have to know the composition of everything that as, studying all the training that I am going to do or the sports tests, analyzing them and seeing the failures,And I never look for a podium but simply finish.

It does not make me any grace when I start a training at 7.30 am having to get up at 4.30 to put the insulin and breakfast, then I don't fall asleep.

Normal?It is very relative to me, another thing is that we can, with our struggle, effort and illusion we can, but already.And I am not a great athlete at all, I started a year and a half ago from scratch as you know, and thanks to all of you who are still fighting for my illusions and demonstrating that we can (not only the great athletes can), we can all.

Amen, hahaha

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/16/2016 3:47 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Money, not having concerns, having a job that wins a lot and gets little, etc ... makes them say they have a normal life ... also in recent statements Usain Bolt has said that women are thrown into theirstep and that of course in that situation is difficult to say no according to what things.Well, the same.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
07/16/2016 3:50 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Well, the truth is that having diabetes is a pu ..... and even more type 1, I think that nobody doubts and even more those who suffer from it, but with the cited examples, it means that you put thegoals.

DiabetesForo
07/16/2016 6:40 p.m.

@Antonimar told you that it was Diabetico Lada??Yes, and my doctor said that in his consultation he only had one more person of me.: (((

DiabetesForo
07/16/2016 7:22 p.m.

@jconegar, of course you have to say it !!But when famous people get guay guay, I am a diabetic and look at everything I do that diabetes is as if you had a cold.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
07/16/2016 7:40 p.m.

With diabetes, a fairly normalized life could be taken if we did not correct the risk of complications and give us the same to be 50 than to 300.
The difficult thing and what it exhausts is to intend to lead a normalized life, maintaining glucose within limits very difficult to achieve with current treatments ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/16/2016 11:45 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

So, when someone says they can do a thousand things with diabetes, I believe it, but it was possible to do it with good controls, surely it was not easy.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/16/2016 11:51 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

That is @regina I sacrifice part of good control and lively quietly since I almost never have hypoglycemia.

But my work, sport I do and rhythm of life in general ... impossible to do all that without hypoglycemia and at the same time have a hem less than 6.

I always have between 6.4 and 6.8 of Hemo, but I have already weighed and thought a lot and I don't care, I play it.I trust that before complications can arise (10 or 20 years) something that helps us to have much better effortless values, such as intelligent insulin.

I have already tried and I can have below 6 if I want, but I am not willing to lose more quality of life than I have already lost since the day's day, nor do I plan to change anything of my way of life.

I have made my choice.I have type 1 diabetes, but it bothers me as much as possible.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/17/2016 12:10 a.m.

So much, you have very good hemo

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/17/2016 12:37 a.m.

aliciaalicia said:
@antonimar they told you that it was diabetic lada??Yes, and my doctor said that in his consultation he only had one more person of me.: ((

That's right I am diagnosed, in the hospital they told me that there are several too, for ???

DiabetesForo
07/17/2016 12:41 p.m.

@Aliciaalicia with what age have you diagnosed you?

DiabetesForo
07/17/2016 7:13 p.m.

To me with 16 years

Alvarozuma's profile photo
Alvarozuma
07/17/2016 9:03 p.m.

─ DM1 desde Enero 2015. 18 años.
─ Novorapid y Tresiba
─ HbA1c: 6,5% ✔
❝Es duro fracasar en algo, pero es mucho peor no haberlo intentado❞

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.