{'en': 'ABBOTT laboratories indignation, freestyle sensors', 'es': 'Indignación con Laboratorios Abbott, sensores FreeStyle'} Image

ABBOTT laboratories indignation, freestyle sensors

Joyce's profile photo   08/01/2017 8:25 p.m.

How lucky you have or what bad luck I have ...

Joyce's profile photo
Joyce
08/06/2017 1:38 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The truth is that both sensors and the reader have changed me (this on two occasions because I did not draw the line of the graph) and always without problem.You have had bad luck @"Joyce" or you have touched an edge on the phone that there are them as some that are super friendly

Cristinarivera's profile photo
Cristinarivera
08/07/2017 7:40 a.m.

Pancreatectomía total el 15 de junio 2016.
Novorápid 4/5-2,5/3-0/2 de momento...
Toujeo 23 a las 18,00 (variando continuamente)
calculando raciones a ver si me toca una bomba...

joyce said:
good afternoon,

I write because I am very pissed off with the trade that is done with this disease.

I explain you ... I bought 3 sensors a month ago or so, everything was going great until the 2nd sensor began to give me wrong readings, which I contrasted with my other blood aviva glucometer and effectively had nothing to do.I took it off and kept it next to the box.I sent an email to see if they could replace it because 6 days were missing to finish the use.Not receiving answer today I have called and tell me not for not having done the blood test with the Freestyle reader or in pharmacy or by a professional.Steering of thieves!

I just sent you this mail:

Good afternoon,

A few days ago I sent an email notifying the failure of a sensor that I bought in the absence of 6 days to finish and I have not had an answer.

Today I have called to see what happened and they tell me that the substitution is not possible because I did not check in the blood with the same freestyle reader or in pharmacy or measurement by a professional, but I did it with my blood supply glucometer.I have the sensor and the box.

They tell me that it is not valid because laboratory says that the enzyme is different and the reader is not from Abbot.

Very of mine, I have to tell you that the sensor's use instructions there is no one of these specifications, all it says is that in case of suspicion of readings that could be inaccurate, I perform a puncture test on the finger with a meterof blood glucose.Could you tell me where the pharmacy or proof is done by a professional?Nowhere...

If it is not valid with my glucometer because it is from another company for a matter of enzymes, what makes them think that the glucometer used by a professional will be of the same laboratory as you?So what were gentlemen ... in which they do not make me replace the sensor because it is very good to fail and have to buy more in case you want to continue using said sensor, would you not have the feeling of being scammed?Well, I feel so.

I would understand that if this were the second time I called to replace a sensor that did not work and previously consist of their files that had already explained the conditions for this change, I did not proceed to it.Being the first time I do not find satisfaction with customer treatment and it seems outrageous, and I will take the measures that I consider appropriate.

Link style = "max>

Well, I am with you "Joyce" that I do not like the way of acting of the commercial department.I also have been diabetes for 25 years and what happened to me with these people had never happened to any laboratory.
In my case, they sent me 2 sensors close to expiration and I didn't even look at the expiration dates (it was my first order).When I went to use the 2nd, I was expired "for 2 days."I called them to tell him and tell them that the sensor was in its "unopened" box.Well, they passed by me.
Despite complaining and telling them that as they sold products close to expiration, they released a series of pilgrim excuses that do not come to the case.In the end they refused to change it.
I have it very clear, it shows very much that they do not have a firm competition in Spain, in this type of devices.It seems to me a great product, but customer service has left me much to be desired.In addition, my sensation (logically subjective) when calling was that "we are doing so well, that we can afford to lose a client."
Since then I have not asked for more sensors, surely do it later, but for now in protest.

efectodiabetes's profile photo
efectodiabetes
08/07/2017 9:27 a.m.

@"Joyce" as in almost everything, you can find some defective sensor ... In fact, this sensor that I have now is the one that is giving me more "rare" values: about 15 mg/dl of difference (to thelow) with respect to the capillary, it seems that in a linear way (it is the 4th day of the sensor and that difference is maintained).In any case, I carry more than 20 sensors used and it is the second with which I have a "problem" (and I do not consider it as such, since with 102 mg/dl, for example, I usually put the same insulin andI make the same decisions as with 119 mg/dl ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
08/07/2017 11:44 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

@"Effects" You have said it "in Spain-Europe" have no competition, in fact, they are already getting into public health services with what their margin of benefits will be increased in .............. Millions of euros per year ... Dexcom does not want to know anything about Europe and Nemaura Sugar Beat will take time to arrive if he arrives so to wait touches ..

@"Jpr" Let's see, to see, that we are always with the same pod;15mg/ dl difference give me in 2 hair glycemia (blood) followed with the same drop of blood and the same hair glucometer and even 25 mg/ dl and absolutely happens because it is within the margin of error authorized by the institutions by the institutions.- We are always waiting for the freestyle to mark the figure navuated to the capillary when the capillary does not give you 2 measures followed equal ...:-?

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/07/2017 4:08 p.m.

@"SIGSAUER" I am not with any "pod", that first, I am talking and providing the information that I believe convenient about it and that can help in something, nothing more.
If I speak of those 15 mg/dl of difference it is why the sensors never give me that difference with the capillary, by minimal and accepted.Likewise, if you have read my comment well, I perfectly indicate that this is no problem (hence the word problem between quotes), why being the same glucose range I take the same food and insulin decisions ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
08/07/2017 5:10 p.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

jpr said:
@"sigsauer" I am not with any "pod", that first, I am speaking and providing the information that I think is convenient about it and that can help in something, nothing else.
If I speak of those 15 mg/dl of difference it is why the sensors never give me that difference with the capillary, by minimal and accepted.Likewise, if you have read my comment well, I perfectly indicate that this is no problem (hence the word problem in quotes), why being the same range of glucose I take the same food and insulin decisions ...

First, my apologies for the "pod" if it has sat you badly, nothing is further from my intention, it is simply a way of speaking like any other, if more ..

Simply comment that you have since this sensor has come out "weird" by a difference of 15 mg/dl with respect to the capillary and I repeat that these differences have them with the capillary glucometer in 2 measurements in a row, lie?So I believe that this difference in interstitial fluid with respect to capillary cannot be considered "rare" when the capillary gives you those same differences ..
I carry almost from the beginning with the free, 40-50 sensors (I have lost account) and I can tell you that I can count on the fingers of 1 hand as many times that have "exactly" the measures of the free and the freestyle neo.that I usually use as a capilla

And I reiterate my apologies if the "pod" has sat you more, it would be more;

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/07/2017 6 p.m.

If I agree: it is absolutely the same glucose a difference of 15 mg/dl between sensor and capillary, since I do not change my decisions in any kind, and I do not think anyone does it.A 100 or 115 does not change, for example, at all my rapid bolus in a meal.The classification that I have made of "rare" is why, in my case (I speak only for my particular experience) all (yes, I say all, except 1) the freestyle sensors are nailed to the capillary;And when I say nailed I want to say that there have been more than 5 mg/dl of difference between sensor and capillary (I have also sets catches about it in this forum).I am very happy with freestyle and this sensor I consider it that it will perfectly like everyone, with this difference that, I insist, for me it is not such.

Of course, don't worry at all about pod, @sigsauer!

JPR's profile photo
JPR
08/07/2017 10:29 p.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

Well, I understand Joyce's outrage very well and I don't think she has bad luck, because my experience with Freestyle is being horrible, to the point that I have received a replacement sensor these days and I don't want to try to put it to happenMy quiet vacations.I explain: the 2 initiation sensors failed, the third, replacement, too.Now I have the fourth sensor in your box, unopened.When I say they failed I mean that the 3 sensors were correctly placed on my arm and scanned by the reader.But after waiting 1 hour none of them gave me glucose readings.Everyone gave error and the reader gave me the message that I had to change the sensor.Anyway, to date I do not know if this device is really useful to measure something, so I can not even think about the reliability of the results.ABBOTT response: which is not normal.Ok, but what do I do, keep receiving replacement sensors until someone works?This device does not seem very reliable.

ReLeo's profile photo
ReLeo
08/08/2017 12:13 a.m.

@"Releo"
Have you activated the sensors with the official reader or with an Android mobile and the freeLink app?

JPR's profile photo
JPR
08/08/2017 1:21 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

jpr said:
@"rear"
Have you activated the sensors with the official reader or with an Android mobile and the freeLink app?
Sensor 1 I activated it or scanned with LibreLink on Android and sensors 2 and 3 with the official reader who sent me to the effect.In the 3 cases exactly the same happened.To guarantee the correct manipulation I requested the presence of a person who verified that: 1. I cleaned the arm area indicated in the instructions.2. The applicator was well aligned with the sensor through the black lines.3. The sensor was well attached.4. The sensor was scanned and the software asked me to wait 1 hour.5. The first reading gave the sensor error and so several times until I finally asked me to change the sensor.So 3 times.There is nothing weird on my part, unless I am a Martian with diabetes without liquid between cells, but I don't believe because in my hospital they already put me a Dexcom for 1 week for a profile and worked.Abbott doesn't help me solve this issue.I am frustrated and also angry.

ReLeo's profile photo
ReLeo
08/08/2017 1:48 a.m.

rake said:
@joyce.. then I would continue to call and insist ..., although it is for tired but change it! This is like when you call the telephone companies that according to withwho des..si they treat you.! I would continue to insist.
I received an email telling me that in the next purchase, before July 31 I would receive some patches to cover it ... and as I supposed I have not received anything.... but I'm going to call me to send them to me ... and get a little bother and fulfill their word!The truth gives me a little the same because I use tape and not take off...but I'm going to call and complain ... I at least give them a while for jacket ... and they need competition!

Hello.I think what they offered with the shipment was a protective plastic of the reader not to protect the patch or that I understood the woman from the customer service.And I have not received bone that had to swing with the announcement.We go as the free sensor sending.They are wrong enough to be a multinational.

diegomiquel's profile photo
diegomiquel
08/15/2017 2:28 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 25 años 6,4 Hb1aC

Well people, finally the abbot laboratories are going to replace the sensor without any cost ... They claim to have studied my case and as an exceptional occasion they will replace it and send strips ....
My mother what has cost them!
I'm glad ... I'll keep using them ... I still think they have the round business.
Thank you all for your opinions ... In this life you have to fight for everything that seems fair, if we do not, they think they can do with us what they want ...
Live and enjoy life

Joyce's profile photo
Joyce
08/27/2017 7:20 p.m.

Good afternoon, for what I see I am not the unique indignant with Abbott.I tell you my case, I am pregnant and both diabetes and endocrine educator recommended using freestyle.After 12 sensors all without problems, the one from 13 to the third day began to leave super high figures that comparing them to the capillary they had to see, the next day I got out and after scanning error, I try again in 10 minutes.So another day until I take it away.
What is my surprise that by calling Abbot explaining the problem, they tell me that it is a sensor's failure but as I comment that I was pregnant they wash their hands telling me that it is not tested in pregnant women.What rage and that impotence, if it is precisely why I am using it, I say that they will lose a client who has been using ABBOT glucose meters for years and they don't care, they are left over, prefer a client to send a sensor.

elodu's profile photo
elodu
08/28/2017 4:28 p.m.

@"Elodu" I sent them 2 mail and I called them and for heavy they will replace it .. I understand you perfectly, it is very

Joyce's profile photo
Joyce
08/28/2017 5:26 p.m.

I called them and then I sent an email and they grab Q on the page such of the instruction book puts that it is not tested in pregnant women.
A advice to pregnant women who have a problem with the sensors that do not think of saying it, but have everything lost.

elodu's profile photo
elodu
08/28/2017 5:42 p.m.

Two and a half months ago I bought a 4 -sensor pack in Freestyle.By mistake they charged me double.At 15 days the money of in pack was returned.The other tubing them problems with the warehouse.Each person who attended me for Tel said something different.The case is that the company is not my serious person.I have not returned the money I have sent me the product.I am desperate.They are one's scammers.I take advantage of the disease and company politics is none other than not doing anything.

Sara medialdea's profile photo
Sara medialdea
11/08/2017 8:07 a.m.

First day with the freestyle for my daughter.We start with remote values, but more and more to the point that says "what" when with capillary gives 108.
Let's see if tomorrow improves ... just in case I will look for their strips so that they don't tell me milongas if in the end I have to claim.

siulgonzalez's profile photo
siulgonzalez
11/23/2017 12:11 a.m.

Well, everyone who has failed and the last one that expired the money has changed to me.
In the last order they came with an expiration date of almost a year.
I opened it a formal complaint about this issue.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/23/2017 7:53 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

siulgonzalez said:
first day with freestyle for my daughter.We start with remote values, but more and more to the point that says "what" when with capillary gives 108.
Let's see if tomorrow improves ... just in case I will look for their strips so that they don't tell me milongas if in the end I have to claim.

Be patient ... sometimes it happens with the first day of the sensor ... but then, after 24 hours, the values ​​will be calibrated and refined, you will see;)

JPR's profile photo
JPR
11/23/2017 5:09 p.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.