{'en': 'ABBOTT laboratories indignation, freestyle sensors', 'es': 'Indignación con Laboratorios Abbott, sensores FreeStyle'} Image

ABBOTT laboratories indignation, freestyle sensors

Joyce's profile photo   08/01/2017 8:25 p.m.

Good afternoon,

I write because I am very pissed off with the trade that is done with this disease.

I explain you ... I bought 3 sensors a month ago or so, everything was going great until the 2nd sensor began to give me wrong readings, which I contrasted with my other blood aviva glucometer and effectively had nothing to do.I took it off and kept it next to the box.I sent an email to see if they could replace it because 6 days were missing to finish the use.Not receiving answer today I have called and tell me not for not having done the blood test with the Freestyle reader or in pharmacy or by a professional.Steering of thieves!

I just sent you this mail:

Good afternoon,

A few days ago I sent an email notifying the failure of a sensor that I bought in the absence of 6 days to finish and I have not had an answer.

Today I have called to see what happened and they tell me that the substitution is not possible because I did not check in the blood with the same freestyle reader or in pharmacy or measurement by a professional, but I did it with my blood supply glucometer.I have the sensor and the box.

They tell me that it is not valid because laboratory says that the enzyme is different and the reader is not from Abbot.

Very of mine, I have to tell you that the sensor's use instructions there is no one of these specifications, all it says is that in case of suspicion of readings that could be inaccurate, I perform a puncture test on the finger with a meterof blood glucose.Could you tell me where the pharmacy or proof is done by a professional?Nowhere...

If it is not valid with my glucometer because it is from another company for a matter of enzymes, what makes them think that the glucometer used by a professional will be of the same laboratory as you?So what were gentlemen ... in which they do not make me replace the sensor because it is very good to fail and have to buy more in case you want to continue using said sensor, would you not have the feeling of being scammed?Well, I feel so.

I would understand that if this were the second time I called to replace a sensor that did not work and previously consist of their files that had already explained the conditions for this change, I did not proceed to it.Being the first time I do not find satisfaction with customer treatment and it seems outrageous, and I will take the measures that I consider appropriate.

Joyce's profile photo
Joyce
08/01/2017 8:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello @"joyce", I feel your bad experience with the service ...
I had a problem with a sensor, and the truth is that they did not put any paste when making the change.The situation was different ... I placed the new sensor and, after letting 60 minutes pass, when the reader passed it gave me a mistake and said that I had to replace the sensor with a new one ... It didn't take long or half a secondCall !!And nothing, they told me that they sent me a costless replacement but that it was necessary for them to send them the sensor that gave error with everything that comes in the box ... They sent me by ordinary mail a package with some stickers and frankly paid forThat I could return the return without paying anything ... They say they wanted the sensor to analyze it, see what mistake was the one who gave and be able to correct the manufacturing failure ... (this explanation gave me why I told him that yes, whenThey would analyze the sensor, put pegas and make me pay the new alleging that it had been a mistake of mine when placing it).
I encourage you to claim and take the necessary measures ... Good luck !!

SaraJim's profile photo
SaraJim
08/01/2017 8:52 p.m.

I thought there would be no problem but look at the surprise ... how are they so cheap ..
It gives me a lot of anger. Thank you @"sarajim"

Joyce's profile photo
Joyce
08/01/2017 9:09 p.m.

They need competition.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/02/2017 12:53 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The problem lies in greed, ABBOTT has very good to take advantage of its marketing strategy from its freestyle product out of the USUSA and diabetics In the rest of the countries the accounts are very favorable, especially when not even in Europe we saw a similar alternative my by Asomo.To say that we do not try or intend to look for measurements in freestyle or dexcom nailed to blood measurement (a normal glucometer already has a margin of error) since in the measurement in interstitial fluid its margin is greater and the error too, but they in that"Marketing" promulgate their "reliability" that is what we must accept and therefore claim the replacement of it.But of course with X substitutions per month because they could be within their loss margin, now after so much expansion and acquisition of customers, returns become X2 and is no longer a good taste dish.Supposedly now its strategy is very different, it is a concession by the countries as a supplier in the health service, we are going a fixed benefit in which your concern will only be the increase in production, because the claims will go to the health service that dispens the sensorsAnd in the concession the percentage or margin of sensors that may be defective will be collected (and will have been cured in health, in that percentage).They are jetas, that if it is true that they have achieved a product which lacks competition, but that they do not care to improve, the penalty is that, that there were no more competition and above all from the Asian market.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/02/2017 9 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@"Joyce" because I have all the experiences I have had with Abott have been positive.

How much difference did it give you between blood and sensor?

I do not understand that the result must be compared with the glucometer of a pharmacy, since these are usually much older than those we use on many occasions ....

JPR's profile photo
JPR
08/02/2017 9:37 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Well, I haven't had problems with them either, and several have changed me ... but that the variation between what the free and the meter is usually quite different, not always but sometimes it does happen, to me when IThey have made a change is because it has taken off.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
08/02/2017 10:06 a.m.

It began to give hypoglycemia values ​​of 60.61.57 ... all afternoon and with mine it was 105,135 .. I also had no hiccup symptoms so I missed me ....
And at the end of the afternoon I took it in view of the fact that I was still the same.And it goes and they tell me that I should have gone with the sensor still attached to the pharmacy to check.How do you want me not to feel cheated?
A total disappointment when they have told me that they did not replace it .. they must go supersbrados ...

Joyce's profile photo
Joyce
08/02/2017 10:24 a.m.

Yes, it is that I leave it before that, it is normally regularized after a while, it has given me values ​​of it and I without low, but after a while it has been regularized, you did not have to have taken it removed, or said that you areI had taken off, of course they have changed it to me but always because it has fallen alone, now they have a better glue and it has not happened to me again.

I call him TB for the expiration of the sensors and TB explained it correctly, I am clear that I will make small orders of 3 or 2 PQ sensors as they do not want us to store at home .... That is why the expiration has reduced it.

aranzazuleg
08/02/2017 11:13 a.m.

Well, I didn't think I would work again after 6 hours giving the truth values ​​...

Joyce's profile photo
Joyce
08/02/2017 11:22 a.m.

Of course ... And because there is a greater benefit for shipping costs hahahaha.That is why then they send codes for the shipment to get free, reduce the expiration of the sensor to 2 months since you acquire them, 2 sensors are guaranteed per month, each order charges shipping costs and at most 2 codes per year summer-navities..

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/02/2017 11:27 a.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

I am now claiming the return of the money of three sensors that I sent back a month and a half ago, the truth that it seems to me that there are things that do not do well and effectively need competition.I also had problems once with a sensor and they didn't change it to me.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/02/2017 11:28 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

To me of the expiration they told me that if you asked for more patches, the expiration was broader, that they had already fixed that problem, something that I did not finish convincing myself for that reason I already tell you that I will ask for few.
Tb asked them if they would lower the shipping costs as Correos and did not know and they told me that at the moment nothing.
But I don't think they win money with shipping costs and if they do it is very little, because anything you send with certificate already costs 4e ....

But we would have to make discount emails to them and therefore.

I see a lot more rancid to those of Novalab ...

Anyway with glucometers as there are as many and so much competition that there is no difference, they sent me a new machine with two silicone covers and a charger and all that free, for a while I give me that neither Abbott nor Novalad.

aranzazuleg
08/02/2017 12:19 p.m.

I don't care about each other, nor Abbott pays me anything, neither dexcom, nor any other laboratory or pharmaceuticals related to diabetes, so I have the same consideration for each of them and it is not very good.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/02/2017 12:25 p.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

@"Joyce" It is advisable to put the sensor in an hour that you have just fast insulin effect... I put it on when I go to sleep x night. Normally I leave the night without activating it and the next morning the sensor active. The first hours and even almost the first day can give me variations of up to +- 50..ToThe glucometer is matched a lot, provided that the glucose is stable.
Give another chance to Free, I am now very happy, except for the price that is outrageous!

Comment TB Q yesterday I received a combo of 4 sensors, in what when asking for the 4 you save the shipping costs and expiration of the sensors is November 30.

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
08/02/2017 11:41 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

@"Rake" The sensor went perfectly until the 8th day ... My problem is not with the sensor itself ... in fact it must be the 6th I use.It is the fact that they have not replaced me ...

Joyce's profile photo
Joyce
08/02/2017 11:54 p.m.

@Joyce.. Well, if it were you would continue to call and insist ..., although it is tired but change it!
I received an email telling me that in the next purchase, before July 31 I would receive some patches to cover it ... and as I supposed I have not received anything.... but I'm going to call me to send them to me ... and get a little bother and fulfill their word!The truth gives me a little the same because I use tape and not take off...but I'm going to call and complain ... I at least give them a while for jacket ... and they need competition!

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
08/03/2017 9:31 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

= D> I think so

Joyce's profile photo
Joyce
08/03/2017 10:15 a.m.

I have been with them for 2 and a half years and I have never had any problem, the truth is that during all this time I have had failures with the sensors, some of the other took error and when they call they change it without problem Buerno

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/03/2017 10:25 a.m.

I have been using it more than 1 year and I had problems with several and they always changed them

Mariajesusavidal's profile photo
Mariajesusavidal
08/06/2017 12:20 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.