{'en': 'Different insulin effect according to the puncture site', 'es': 'Diferente efecto de la insulina según el sitio de pinchazo'} Image

Different insulin effect according to the puncture site

RAKE's profile photo   09/04/2017 12:42 p.m.

Good to all !!

I would like to ask you ... I normally inject the insulin into the gut, the slow arm or buttocks ...

The fact is that I want to leave the gut to rest ... and I started some days to inject myself in my leg ... and it is an lack of control!

It takes a long time to make me reaction ... let's go the first two hours is shooting and then it starts to have its effect but as if I had put a unit or two less ...

It does not happen to you?

Of course, I want to change site ... but do it and that entails ups after meals, etc.

How do you do it?Do you get some units up?

The truth is that in the arm it also makes me a lot of effect, but I want to let them rest just like the gut and start with the legs!

Thank you!

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
09/04/2017 12:42 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

When I fuck my legs quickly it is or because I am a little fair or because I am going to eat something with very low glycemic index because apart from taking effect, I have already commented on some other thread is as if I had much less effectof what I have really put on and for what I have read, it happens to many people here .. I quickly the arms and gut (part of the Michelin included) and the slow one in legs and buttocks.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/04/2017 1:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The same thing happens to me as @sigsauer @"rake"

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/04/2017 1:40 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

In my legs I do not punctuate me, the slow one in the gluteans who, since they are big, do not saturate.:)
My abdomen was saturated a little and now I get the quick one in my arms, instead of waiting 20 min to take effect, I hope 1 hour that is when I see in the sensor that the glucose has lowered.
Regarding that I have less effect I have a theory, which is surely madness.The rapid insulin has an effect last 3 hours this time I upload the glucose because the first hour has not worked, "water", this for arms and legs, instead in the abdomen it is effective almost 90% so the postprandialI get great.So now that I am with my arms I have uploaded a unit and I am getting very good postprandials.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/06/2017 7:57 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It seems that everyone happens to us more less!
Well, I will leave the gut that I have saturated, and I will pass to the arms ... what I do not like is that they come out cardinals, instead in the gut no.
And the slow one, which I put in the gluteans, I will pass it to the legs.

One question, I wanted to ask you, that it does not have much to do with this thread .... I put threeiba at 15: ooh in the afternoon, and I have noticed that at night, evenBecause it goes down ... Of course you sleep more than 7 or 8 hours we have tied it because I start touching 60 ... so I thought that today I will start to put on the slow one about 11 in the morning, to see what happens.. I think it's a good idea to check what happens at night, right?
However, in my case at least, the Tresiba is not totally flat ... because if not, I do not explain that at night I get off

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
09/06/2017 10:22 a.m.

Freestyle Libre

@"Rake" are several who have had that inconvenience with the Tresiba, I will not tire of saying it, but in my case it has not been the insulin they sell since their pharmaceutical.Not at all, it has a curve like a roller coaster.I started putting it at 17.30 in the afternoon, the entire Holy afternoon, then what you comment miraculously at night went down and woke up with fair values.I decided to try in the morning and in the middle of the morning I had to take something and even so at the time of the food it arrived fair or bass, then the afternoon was on a rise that had to be kept at bay through the sport.The main problem is duration, because sometimes it covers or that is the feeling that gives more of those 24 hours that they sell and flashes with the next day and on other occasions the sensation is that it does not reach 24 hours and you stayWithout basal.In my opinion it is not at all a well -achieved insulin, much less improved.For diabetics it is essential that insulin action is mechanical and the same day after day and with this insulin you don't have it, I always speak from my experience.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
09/06/2017 10:33 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@"Luvi" I do agree with you.To me this insulin is not at all evil ... except for the inconvenience of at night ... but in November that I have endocrine, I will tell you that I am going to Toujeo ... to see what says what TAL, it works?

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
09/06/2017 11:49 a.m.

Freestyle Libre

For my toujeo it was a total change, more foreseeable, more stable, 24 -hour action without overlapping or falling short and without those peaks.With the sport it combines well, for example with threeiba I destabilized me a lot because it was as if insulin were sugar, with toujeo if it maintains a flat line.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
09/06/2017 1:01 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I am doing very well @"rake", I put it at 10 in the morning, more or less, 17 units and the truth is that I am quite flat all day, before I put it at night to the22 And I was much worse, I threw me all night in hypoglycemia but now great.If you are not doing well, eat it to your endo to see if the toujeo works best for you.

All the best!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/06/2017 1:11 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@"Rake" I use toujeo and I am very happy.Before I used Lantus and did not cover me 24 hours and also had a lot of effect the first hours and then no longer.With Toujeo I have a fairly flat effect.I put it in the morning with breakfast and my curves are totally flat when there is no fast acting and at rest.If I have ever skipped me, they don't give me low.
If I exercise, I usually have to eat before or because it goes down even if they are not abrupt.For example to walk in the afternoons when I don't have fast anymore, the first hour or so does not usually get off.If I am above 100, it does not fall from 80-90, if I keep walked more time I know that I have to eat something because if it is going to go down.At night once, dinner stops acting keeps me as it is.
I don't know if in the world it has the same effect but I personally go great.
Of course, dose changes have to wait about 48 hours to see the effect.From one day to another they are not seen just changes.When I made the change I was a few days until the dose adjusted well.Ask the endocrine and explain everything well.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/06/2017 1:26 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I totally agree with everyone, for me Tresiba was a constant change of units and hours with the consequent lack of control and constant head food for 5 months until the endocrine changed me to Toujeo with which I have returned to my most common values ​​and bettercontrolled.By the way, my endocrine and the pharmaceutical where I usually buy it told me that it was already many people who were removed by the Tresiba, for something it will be ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/06/2017 1:41 p.m.

Yes @"Yesssica_a", the changes will be like with Tresiba, which until 48 hours do not check how it is working.Until November that I do not go to the endo, I will spend it at 10 in the morning, like @"nigiri" to see if there are positive changes ... and if we remain the same, then change me to Toujeo

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
09/06/2017 1:51 p.m.

Freestyle Libre

I always put it on my thighs, except for breakfast that I put in the gut to act before.The slow with Lantus always put it in my ass, but with threeiba I do it on the arm

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
09/06/2017 3:04 p.m.

I quickly alternate between belly and arms, depending on how it reaches food.As I know more or less how it acts, I play above all with the times.In the arms about 15 minutes before.In the belly, immediately.The basal, in my case Tresiba, I do very well to put it at 12 hours approx.I get up practically every day very well.In the culete, best place for me.
The toujeo, I don't know her.Yes I can say that between Lantus and Tresiba, the latter is much better.Endocrine tells me that Toujeo is simply the most concentrated Lantus, it contributes nothing new.
As we always conclude, each one, testing, must decide which one that most adapts to its kind of life and the best goes.There are no panaceas.I still think that the problem is not in this or that type of insulin, but in its administration.And the form that is offered to us, based on "chutazos" is the most ... archaic and ineffective.
It's just my opinion.

Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
09/07/2017 11:58 a.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

I have noticed much difference from the change from Lantus to Toujeo but each person is a world.The concentration is greater, 300U/ml come so you put less amount of liquid, which is fine because it hurts less.With the Lantus I had the area a little painful for a while and with Toujeo nothing bothers me.
I put it once a day as I did with the Lantus (although I changed overnight) and the units are the same as well, but the lantus did not cover myself well 24 hours a day and the last 5 hours of action IThe glucose rose quite a lot.With Toujeo no longer happens to me.Personally, change has worked very well.
I believe that the improvement of insulins that are administered, that are really fast or slow completely flat matters.The quick depending on the site takes 2 hours to make the strong effect so ultra fast has nothing (at least in my case).The ideal would be that the strong effect did it before an hour and did not cover more than 2 hours.Thus it would surely be easier for us to avoid posterior peaks and lows at meals.
The punctures is already something that I don't care much, it is already part of the routine and I don't care although any improvement would be very clear.I personally prefer that they investigate a cure or something that allows you to lead a normal life without being pending all day of what you eat, insulin, controls and others.I think that is the part that crushes the diabetics most, being 24 hours a day pending the disease.I prefer a more painful treatment but that allows me to undo the disease that something that does not hurt but that has to be pending all the time.For me it is much easier to carry the physical part than the psychological but each person is different.

Yessica_A
09/07/2017 1:05 p.m.

the toujeo, I don't know her.Yes I can say that between Lantus and Tresiba, the latter is much better.The endocrine tells me that the toujeo is simply the most concentrated Lantus, it contributes nothing new .

@Sorprende I understand that your endocrine has tried Lantus and Toujeo in its own meats to ensure that Toujeo does not contribute anything new to Lantus ... ??Well, try 1 week and the next toujeo and make an assessment of the 2 insulins and give us something new.-:-?

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/07/2017 1:11 p.m.

To me as @"Yesssica_a" insulin no matter how "ultra -grape" until the hour or hour and a half does not begin to make reaction.
Jo.I am surprised by some who say that you already have the trick caught and know when insulin begins to act ... as I say minimum an hour.And the only thing I know for sure is that as I click on my leg, that's how water @)
@"Sigsauer" makes my endocrine funny, when sometimes, being more uncontrolled, I told him that he was going down at 00:00 (for example) and so calm told me, because he took some cookies, a yogurt, or a piece of fruit ... as well as if I had not dinner a couple of hours before and starve to me ... as if it were so normal, get up in the middle of the night to eat so that you do not get down!I want to tell you, for them, we are robots and clicking and following certain guidelines, we should be without X files and with perfect values ​​always ... do not take into account that with diabetes, no day is the same ,!

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
09/07/2017 1:44 p.m.

Freestyle Libre

The endocrine, read the manual, and that is what they release.!I would love that my endocrine doctor was diabetic!

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
09/07/2017 1:51 p.m.

Freestyle Libre

I agree.Sometimes endocrine are too rigid in the guidelines that give and insist that you make 5 or 6 meals a day, be hungry or not, because it is what they have taught them.It does not seem normal to be continuously eating without hunger to keep glucose well, there are other ways to do it.In the case of someone who is hungry in the middle of the morning and the snack because well but if you are not hungry I do not seem normal to have to force.They should look for another solution such as adjusting insulin even if it costs more work.It should be the medication that conforms to your life and not your life to medication and some endocrine seems to cost them.
Mine for that is fine and always tries to adjust the insulin or change it for another before eating me.I make 3 meals a day because I am not hungry between hours and I do not want to eat by force, if the body does not ask me to be for something.
@RakeSurely a diabetic endocrine would be very good doctor, I would understand many things that non -diabetics do not understand because they have not lived it.Let's see if more diabetics are encouraged to study medicine and someday, he tries to do us hehehe

Yessica_A
09/07/2017 2:56 p.m.

To me the rapid insulin in the belly begins to take effect on the hour and a half, however on my legs, it takes a lot more, so when as something with dough, such as cookies, pizza, that do not go up immediately, because I distribute theprick between belly and leg :)

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
09/10/2017 12:48 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.