{'en': 'Different insulin effect according to the puncture site', 'es': 'Diferente efecto de la insulina según el sitio de pinchazo'} Image

Different insulin effect according to the puncture site

RAKE's profile photo   09/04/2017 12:42 p.m.

What is the gut?In my country we say like that to the penis but I do not believe they are injecting there.

kapi2454's profile photo
kapi2454
09/10/2017 3:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

rake said:
It seems that everyone happens to us more!
Well, I will leave the gut that I have saturated, and I will pass to the arms ... what I do not like is that they come out cardinals, instead in the gut no.
And the slow one, which I put in the gluteans, I will pass it to the legs.

One question, I wanted to ask you, that it does not have much to do with this thread .... I put threeiba at 15: ooh in the afternoon, and I have noticed that at night, evenBecause it goes down ... Of course you sleep more than 7 or 8 hours we have tied it because I start touching 60 ... so I thought that today I will start to put on the slow one about 11 in the morning, to see what happens.. I think it's a good idea to check what happens at night, right?
However, in my case at least, the Tresiba is not totally flat ... because if not, I do not explain that at night I get off

And it can't it be that you have a three -year unit?The rest of the day are you okay?

JPR's profile photo
JPR
09/10/2017 10:13 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

I want to change the levemir and there is no way.How lasts 16 hours I have to put reinforcements... I'm tired of so much puncture.
I also have to say that it gives me flat curve at night and for the day I do not stop I can not say that it is the fault of the basal but I am quite stable.
For sport it is wrong with me.I enter the Hip at the 20 min of walking or riding by bike.It is solved eating but I am fed up at all hours.I have taken 3 kg that there is not removed.
I don't know who asked how we know when insulin acts, it is by the continuous glucose meter or the flash system.
It depends on the time of day and area.
By the way in my legs I can no longer puncture, I get a lump of liquid, it hurts a lot and a cardinal.It must be because of the sport that I do not have fat ... everything does not want: (((

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/11/2017 8:28 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Jpr.. Well, I think I do not have plenty of units ... because during the day I am quite well, with levels of food of 140 and quite flat ... but the night comes and how I commented that I go to bed with 170 and it goes downUp to 90-60 ... I'm going to try to get it at 11 ... and see that expdent for us ...
@"Ruthbia" was I loved the fast insulin ... I use the free style, and I also see when it begins to make reaction ... but what I said is that minimum until the hour or hour and a half, it does not startto have an effect.And by the way, why, you tell your endocrine to change you to Toujeo or Tresiba?

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
09/11/2017 11:14 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

ruthbia said:
I want to change the levem and there is no shape.How lasts 16 hours I have to put reinforcements... I'm tired of so much puncture.
I also have to say that it gives me flat curve at night and for the day I do not stop I can not say that it is the fault of the basal but I am quite stable.
For sport it is wrong with me.I enter the Hip at the 20 min of walking or riding by bike.It is solved eating but I am fed up at all hours.I have taken 3 kg that there is not removed.
I don't know who asked how we know when insulin acts, it is by the continuous glucose meter or the flash system.
It depends on the time of day and area.
By the way in my legs I can no longer puncture, I get a lump of liquid, it hurts a lot and a cardinal.It must be because of the sport that I do not have fat ... Everything does not want: ((

For sports theme (depending sport) with bomb there is nothing comparable whenever you feel like it and you want, with a good formation it is another lifestyle, it is also true that we always go with the machine.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/11/2017 2:17 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

kapi2454 said:
What is the gut?In my country we say like that to the penis but I do not believe they are injecting there.

Hi Kapi2454,
The gut here is the belly or abdomen as you want to call it, hehehe.

Lettyle's profile photo
Lettyle
09/28/2017 11:24 a.m.

Diagnostico Abril 2017
TTo: Toujeo 8 U y novo rapid en función de las glucemias postpandriales
HbA1c : 5.3

The abdomen, Kapi.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
11/20/2017 2:50 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

Hello, I am completely new on the issue of diabetes.I have just diagnosed type 2 diabetes and as of this month November I am using insulin lantus 34 units at night at 10:00 pm and the 850 mg metformin.In the mornings and at night.
My question is how much time glucose is regularized in the blood because I still have more than 200 readings and I the endocrinologist says that sometimes it is expected in what is regularized everything ... it has only sent me that insulin then then I do not knowwhich one that they say is used for fast ???

Reyna's profile photo
Reyna
11/29/2017 1:40 p.m.

The Lantus is a basal insulin that has an effect for 24 hours or so.Quick there are several and are used at meals depending on the amount of carbohydrates you eat.Type 2 is rare that they make you fast because it is not usually necessary and increases the risk of hypoglycemia, especially if it is not known to count the hydrates well.
In principle, the Lantus should take effect as soon as you start using it but the same with the dose they have put you is not enough.Have you not put diet?Do you eat many hydrates or do you know what foods have them?If you do not control the food it is difficult to have good control.You should ask the doctor to send you to the educator or a nutritionist to teach you how to eat so that more or less always eat the same amounts of hydrates and then adjust insulin to that.If you eat different amounts of hydrates every day you will be fine and others high and can give yourself hypoglycemia as well.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/29/2017 2:06 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

If the area is not stunned, the behavior must be the same.If you are going to perform physical activity you should not click on that area.If you are going to run, do not put it on your legs, for example.

jkrahe's profile photo
jkrahe
11/29/2017 4:01 p.m.

rake said:
endocrine, read the manual, and that's what they release.!I would love that my endocrine doctor was diabetic!
Hahaha you have all the reason in the world, I already passed me to me for not taking the poisons they sent to me and lie like Bellacos, since I ask them if the insulin fattened, and they answer that the benefits are greater than fattening than fatteningA little and I couldn't with my gut, just when I stopped getting 12 pills that I took, I took the insulin that injected me, I started to see light at the end of the tunnel, I started to lose weight and in four you have lost 25 kilos, of courseI left the carbohydrates aside I reduced them to the fullest and then I do not miss insulin to lower the sugar that they upload, I have no need to tell them since I have been injecting insulin for 11 months, and as of everything and especially proteins and fats, IIt doesn't matter that at two hours you have a high peak, but I don't get fat to the pharmacists who have cheated us, when I go to dinner I have the peak in place below 130 without pills and without insulin, do not deceive you.Look what this Spanish doctor says of the few who are sensible "but proteins and fatRefined (flour, bread, potato, cereal, juices, sugar).
These stimulate insulin, fat storage hormone, and it puts us in "sugar-burning" mode (carbohydrate burner) instead of leaving ourselves in "fat-burning" mode (a burner of fat as a source of energy). Link

Jose María Recio's profile photo
Jose María Recio
02/12/2018 7:25 p.m.

Another effect that occurs by restricting carbohydrates is that, on the other hand, your energy expenditure (basal metabolism) increases.You are no longer kidnapping energy calories in your abdominal fat (reserve tank) where you can't use them.So now you have more energy to burn.More energy and desire to move (sedentary lifestyle is over).
By avoiding fattening carbohydrates, avoid the hormone that stores your calories in your reserve fat, insulin.Now your body, he alone, will find the balance between the calories you eat (hunger) and the ones he spends (exercise and basal metabolism). Link

Jose María Recio
02/12/2018 7:38 p.m.

Against all international standards that occur (still today) to diabetics to whom an energy intake of 55% in the form of carbohydrates, 20% in the form of proteins and less than 30% of calories in form is recommendedOf fats, Dr. Bernstein soon discovered that carbohydrates were the enemy of their diabetes and their sugar levels.

Against all the rules went to a low carbohydrate diet (he stopped counting the "classic rations") and changed it for a high fat diet and moderate in protein.Again the LCHF (Low Carb High Fat).

He was an engineer and not a doctor and since doctors did not take him seriously, at 43 he decided to do medicine, so that his opinion was "more respectable."

He has several published books, including:

Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution: The Complete Guide To Achieving Normal Blood Sugars (2011, hard cover, 4th edition.) ISBN 978-0-316-18269-0

The diabetes diet: Dr. Bernstein's Low-Carbohydrate Solution, 2005. ISBN 978-0-316-73784-5

Diabetes Type II: Light A Long, Healthy Life Through Blood Sugar Normalization (1st ed. 1990)

Diabetes: The Glucograph Method For Normalizing Blood Sugar, Crown (1,981)

Link

Jose María Recio
02/12/2018 7:53 p.m.

And Dr. Bernstein continues to comment:

"45 years ago, when I was (according to the rules dictated for diabetics) taking a" low fat "diet and" high in carbohydrates ", I had triglycerides over 250 mg/dl and a cholesterol greater than 300mg/dl and I developed a lot of vascular complications.

But when I changed to a low carbohydrate diet and did not restrict my grease intake (LCHF), my blood lipids (triglycerides) struck.
Now, close to turning 80, I have blood lipid levels comparable to an Olympic athlete, apparently by carrying a low carbohydrate diet with the aim of normalizing my blood sugar levels (the battle horse of any type 1 diabetic).

The fact that I exercise regularly probably helps my good levels of blood lipids.But I also exercised before ... and my triglycerides levels were very bad (You Can New Out-Run A Bad Diet, they say). "

Challenge your doctor:
Ask him if your lipid levels (fats) in a "low fat" diet can be remotely compared to mine, in a high fat diet and low carbohydrates:

- LDL of 53 mg/dl (the so -called "bad cholesterol". It is considered good to have it less than 100 mg/dl)
- HDL of 123 mg/dl (!!).The so -called "good cholesterol."Ideal that is above 40 mg/dl
- 45 triglycerides (ideal that are below 150)
- Lipoprotein (a): undetectable (ideal that is less than 10).

Incredible, this man has a TG/HDL ratio less than 1 !!! (0.37) when the ideal is that it is less than 2 and many people have it above 3 ...

Conclusions:

Fats are not a demon.It is the way in which the body stores (and burns) energy and maintains essential organs such as the brain.Without essential fatty acids, our body would stop working.

Dr. Richard K. Bernstein

Link

Jose María Recio
02/12/2018 8:10 p.m.

The same thing happens to me with the Tresiba.Moreover, I have changed time twice and every night I go to bed with a minimum of 190 and at 9:00 in the morning I have less than 50. My endocrine tells me that it is normal and that if I do not want to have hypoglycemia, ILift at four in the morning and eat something.I call this ignorance and ineptitude, but everyone tells you something similar.

Cruz Suárez's profile photo
Cruz Suárez
02/20/2018 4:30 p.m.

What are you raising at 4 to eat something?
It will not be more normal for you to change the basal and study the time to which it comes well?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/20/2018 4:37 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Cruz Suárez said:
The same thing happens to me with the three.Moreover, I have changed time twice and every night I go to bed with a minimum of 190 and at 9:00 in the morning I have less than 50. My endocrine tells me that it is normal and that if I do not want to have hypoglycemia, ILift at four in the morning and eat something.To this I call ignorance and ineptitude, but everyone tells you something similar.

It is very clear that is quite basal.His thing is to lower units to wake up well, without hypoglycemia, and do not have to go to bed with 200 or more to avoid hypoglycemia.It is not a matter of the time, in this case it is a matter of being left over, clearly.You put it at the time you put it on or low units or the same will always happen to you ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
02/20/2018 4:48 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

@"Cruz Suárez" My endocrine tells me that I am lifted all days at 4 in the morning to eat something and ask for the phone number to call him every morning just get up. !!!!You have to be ignorant for not calling you something stronger ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/20/2018 8:16 p.m.

@"Cruz Suarez" I also think that you have any other basal unit.

The same thing happened to me too;I got used to 190 and woke up well, around 100;But not like you, with 50 !!
I would remove basal, first.Second, I changed the puncture at breakfast time, and it seems that glucose remains much more stable, at least in my case, since each one is a world.And thirdly, now I take much more the dinners in terms of hydrates, I just take a ration of bread and a piece of fruit., The rest everything was used with 160 ... at 5 I was 115 anduntil the 8 that was 90.
Come on, I'm quite happy.
By the way, I would have released some "garlic" to your endocrine .... that she gets up to take something at 4 in the morning!Incredible what you have to hear !!!!!What a lack of empathy!

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
02/20/2018 10:33 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

I do notice that I am much better to click on my leg.When I do it on the arm, the postpandral leaves better, but after that is when I start up the glucose without limit, only brake it with exercise.

My educator insists that I am short of fast, but I think that it cannot be that if at two hours of eating I am fine.If I get faster, as she says, control of two hours is even lower, but then rises again as usual.Clicking on my leg then does not go up so much.

Instead, I don't know if it's "guilt" of the slow one, because at night I get a lot ... (Toujeo).

Tyler's profile photo
Tyler
02/21/2018 12:08 a.m.

DM1 desde 2015 | Accu - Chek Aviva Expert | Fiasp + Toujeo

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.