{'en': 'Different insulin effect according to the puncture site', 'es': 'Diferente efecto de la insulina según el sitio de pinchazo'} Image

Different insulin effect according to the puncture site

RAKE's profile photo   09/04/2017 12:42 p.m.

I do not want to say that I know more than anyone in diabetes, but I have been diabetic for 58 years and I know perfectly when I have to lower my dose, but although it goes down, at 9:00 I have less than 50, so I must be a casequeer.By the way, I already live in Madrid and in recent years (5 or 6) I have noticed that since the veterans retired, now there is almost no good.

Cruz Suárez's profile photo
Cruz Suárez
02/22/2018 3:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I think the slow one should never lower glucose, I should keep it.The problem is that with bolis it is difficult to adjust because the body does not need the same throughout the day.
I think there are many people who get slower than they need and for the day they don't notice it because they eat every little but then at night they give them downturn or have to sleep high to avoid it.If you make 5 or 6 meals a day and you only get fast in 3 of them it is very complicatedand that is not the function of the slow one).
With the slow well adjusted you should be able to be without eating and without exercising and not having downside or even raising you a little in some moments of the day for hormones.I have tried to do 16 -hour fast (jump breakfast) and some of 20 or 24 (jump breakfast and food and sometimes also dinner) and I stay totally stable and at some point in the day, as when I get up I need some small dosefast so that it does not rise to me.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
02/22/2018 4:54 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I did a whole day of fasting for a test, and with the toujeo of the previous day I kept in very stable values ​​all day, with a certain downward trend even.

The problem that I always complain is to raise my glucose between hours, and that day now that I think was not the case.According to that, what would fail me would be the fast ... despite having good postpandracials ... what a mess I have./:)

Tyler's profile photo
Tyler
02/22/2018 7:06 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015 | Accu - Chek Aviva Expert | Fiasp + Toujeo

I have been without eating for many hours and without problems thanks to the body squeezing my glucose reserve but without being sick, although the basal keeps me very stable in 100, with the hours low and low until reaching hypoglycemia.I can't make prolonged fasts.
The basal should not produce hypoglycemia, if so you have to reduce it.It is better to wake up a little high to be in 50.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/22/2018 10:37 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

<Blockquote class = "quote" rel = "siga"commented on some other thread is as if I had much less effect than I have really put on and from what I have read it happens to many people here .. I quickly the arms and gut (part of the michelin included) and the slowin legs and buttock.

Depends.In addition to the fat that exists on the site, you must also look at what use will have that part in the following hours.I mean, if I click on my legs and for example I will walk, the insulin is absorbing it faster than if I am going to be sitting for a long time.So many things influence (sweat, exterior temperatures, it is not the same in summer as in winter, body temperature ..........), which is best to try and learn.A diabetic never has 2 equal days.Once being unemployed (and being a rookie, which is when you get these issues) and having free, I did the same to see what happened.Lift at the same time eat, the same, at the same time, sit at the same time, the same time, the same ..... (write down the first day in a notebook and replicate it to the next) and significant differencesBetween both days.Try at least a couple of times to see, correct, draw conclusion and learn.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
01/24/2021 10:46 a.m.

The same thing happens to me with my legs ... it seems that it does not take effect ... and yet it is the area that I have less fat.

From what I read, you ignore that area, however you click there and do not know ... get more units to counteract?

The other day I told the nurse and told me no .... that in the legs that needed more units it does not have to and I tell you because I used to use 8mm needles where if I had more effect on my legsAnd now you use 5mm needles and that problem is more pronounced.

marine's profile photo
marine
01/24/2021 7:01 p.m.

The same thing happens with my legs when you use fast.My diabetology says that the best place is the abdomen and then the arm.I am thin (46 kilos) and there is not much fat but changing needle every time I inject I did not have many problems.With respect to the toujeo to me it is perfect since it keeps more stable and avoids the hypos.This if I give it to my leg.I also brought a lot of attention when I purged.Seeing drops does not work must go out.I do not eat much ch.In lunch only the fruit and my snack is a yogurt and when I go to activity I do not inject myself.

Clau's profile photo
Clau
01/24/2021 8:38 p.m.

Diabetes Lada 1 desde 2018
Toujeo 16 U
Fiasp según conteo de CH
HG 6.5%
Freestyle

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.