{'en': 'Have you suffered severe hypoglycemia?', 'es': 'Has sufrido una hipoglucemia severa?'} Image

Have you suffered severe hypoglycemia?

Andresito's profile photo   11/23/2016 8:58 p.m.

Hello, the idea of ​​this post is that each one posts, if he experienced, severe hypoglycemia, with loss of knowledge, or if he knows someone who suffered it.Details such as reasons why he thinks it happened, recovery, etc.

Andresito's profile photo
Andresito
11/23/2016 8:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Buuuuuf ... In more than 18 years with diabetes, it has only happened to me once, it was at work, I was wandering around a hall, and I almost went to the ground, lucky that I found a couple of coworkers, whichThey literally took me in volandas to a room where they stretched me on the floor ... they thought I had given me a heart attack or something .... I had a fatal ... They called the doctor and ended up in urges ...Good luck, they brought me everything with sugar to trace, and I arrived at the hospital in full recovery ... a bad drink, no doubt !!!:-H.H

fer's profile photo
fer
11/23/2016 9:20 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well here I think I can take the Goya prize unfortunately.
At 19/20 years between hypoglycemic coma for 24 hours without waking up being maintained by machines.
It was on a trip with friends to Disneyland Paris on a trip that touched me, after a day of frying activity, something that was not accustomed, after going out of dinner a pizza and having put me much less insulin NPH, at half an hour to leave we wereTo a disco who was close, the last thing they say I did that I do not remember was to drink a normal Coca.
I woke up 24 hours later in a hospital in France only without anyone who spoke anything of English.With a feeling of general discomfort, strong headaches, I spent an hour awake and slept 6 hours without being connected.The later day in bed with a feeling that they would have beat me.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/23/2016 11:06 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

For now I have not had any hypoglycemia with loss of knowledge but at the beginning of debuting I made many barbarities for my work. I sometimes became 30 and something took sugar, a banana and continued, without stopping.When I had the hypos I only noticed that I slowed down because my work was physical.Then I stopped detecting the hypos.At this time it was when he had the best glycosylated, less than 6.
It is curious as the organism is sometimes able to adapt to extreme situations.

Pinkunicorn's profile photo
Pinkunicorn
11/23/2016 11:08 p.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Lantus 23 UI 14h ahora probando Toujeo 28 UI 14h
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

Go scares.At the moment I have not come to pass out, but I remember my two worse occasions that I have come to see a 17 in the meter or less.One of them was having dinner on a cruise, it was a delicious risoto, I had to click more because of the theme of hydrates that at 20 min was super dizzy, but as there was a bad sea I thought it was dizziness of the ship (I had no other typilessymptoms and had just dinner), until I saw the 17 and eat everything then Jiji.And the other was a year ago, I ate a salad at work on a Friday and I picked up rightHorrible, my head was, the forces, the semaforos danced me, ... when I was already entering the garage I was soaked with sweat and tremors and I still do not know how I arrived (how typical you mentally, a little more and alreadyI arrive, there is less ...).I did not arrive in my square that I left the motorcycle lying, as I could with the tremors I took the mobile to warn my boy who was on the floor to go down with a juice (while I took a sugar that took an eternity to find it and open it becauseI already saw blurry and everything was shaking) and that my motorcycle parked.The following week I bought the Dexcom: D

valky's profile photo
valky
11/24/2016 12:28 a.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

I get a knot in my stomach when reading our comments, we are some fighters,

Pinkunicorn
11/24/2016 12:31 a.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

@values
Is that when we have a downturn we get third velves at least I

Pinkunicorn
11/24/2016 12:33 a.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

It's true @pinkunicorn !!In those moments of downturn you have not thought more than once .... I control, I control, I will give me time, I finish what I am doing and then go for the juice, thinking that sugar can wait.Mistake!

valky's profile photo
valky
11/24/2016 12:38 a.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Well, losing knowledge because of hypos has never happened to me since they diagnosed me and luckily not reach a coma, often scare and more being out !!, although you say here, I have also made too many nonsense for following the rhythmWorking, there came a point where to be between 20-30 was the order of the day.Battalls for such hypos of where there are gaps that I cannot fill out I have a few.
In my case I believe that the only one that I have had with loss of knowledge was when they gave me the news of diabetes.I was in school, language class, they sent me to go to the board and ended up fainting in front of the whole class, it was very small so I do not have a very clear memory.For what they told me it was after a recreation and gym class so I suppose it would be for that.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/24/2016 1:06 a.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

I copy/pico from another post because it has happened to me two days ago.Literally.

The last thing was yesterday that he faint at work for the hiccFor glucose pills and continue working well ... or so I thought, because one thing I have noticWorld without noticing D q is going down more, although I remember to notice strong tremors in the arms and legs ... until I fall and the show begins because I remain in my world and although in my work they know that I am diabetics are newAnd they don't know how to react.Then let's say that at 15-20 minutes since everything started I react (it was already the time of closing and one of the work has left only the manager) and I already take more glucose and it seems that the thing starts to rise ...And today I have reached work and all the people asking me if I was fine because it is seen that the boy who was there has told everything.

But some hypos when I wake up that I wake up so so until I centered because there I am in my world ...

Anasyx's profile photo
Anasyx
11/24/2016 1:06 a.m.

My daughter gave me a death scare this summer, me and her little sister, just one year after the debut, I spent two weeks crying.He woke up a Saturday, he becomes capillary and tells me that he had 67, I tell him that he went down to breakfast and prepare him toast with jam to raise him fast (other times we had already done so).As soon as I go, I go to the dining room to measure it with the free and brand 65, I get into the kitchen and she behind me for breakfast, only a few seconds of the measurement had spent, I noticed that I stumble upon me and I empok to throw the anger forathestered, that if it could have hurt, ..... and it falls on the knees on the kitchen bank (thanks that is high and the blow took it to the chest, because if not, it occurs in the whole face).When I saw that I did not answer, I looked at her and as soon as I saw her face, I saw that something happened, I lay her on the floor and put glucose under the tongue and gums, while my little one gave me the glucagon of the fridge andI was looking for help in neighbors.The fate is that he reacted immediately without the need for glucagon, when he returned in himself, he remembered anything, and it was surprised to see me crying, his hysterical sister and my neighbors tried to comfort her.That's when I realized that hiccups can end fatal in seconds, so from that day it does not move from where it is and goes a bit without waiting.This served me to emphasize in school what can happen and so that under no circumstances leave it alone when it is wrong.
I was very surprised, I would never have expected it and more considering that after two months of the debut, a training was finished, a juice was taken and as one more hypo.Of course their companions and their coach took a good scare.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
11/24/2016 10:41 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rociollinares often scare !!I have jumped my tears reading you.
Iago has not had any severe hypoglycemia, that is, with loss of knowledge.If the meter marks it and that scares, some also to mark 37, but thanks to juice and the sugar go well.I am afraid to have to get the glucagon and not know how to react ... but I hope I never have to get to that: -H

Enma's profile photo
Enma
11/24/2016 1:04 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

I have never passed out, but I have had three episodes in which M have then told everything I have done.They have been at night and I have put very very aggressive.
When I'm going down, sometimes, I know I'm going down, but I deny to eat.It is something weird I have never known how to explain it.As someone has said I get stubborn.My partner M says I take a sugar and I who don't, but I know that I have hiccup.
Anyway, we have to take care of ourselves, but not reach the obsession.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/24/2016 1:30 p.m.

@Enma, I was not aware that it was a hip until everything happened, but I still like you, I don't know if I had been able to put the glucagon.And even if I had done it, I don't know if I would do it again.I really think that we never know how we will reacted in such a situation.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
11/24/2016 2:07 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I have had several, the cause from not having taken enough HC, delays in eating time, and even because of the pump, (I had software error) but demonstrating that the pump caused them that the same was not for the pumpIt is difficult.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
11/24/2016 2:47 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

And then they say that continuous meters with alarms are a "luxury" ... I want to kill our health managers watching your experiences.Especially in cases of young children ... there is no right.

I do not notice anything until I am in 50, so directly I do not play with being in a range of 70-90, always 90-100 or more.

At the moment no big scare for my part, as I already told here Link I hate the hypos so directly I do not directly not theI have, even if I have to sacrifice good hemoglobin and palmadites on the back of the endocrine.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/24/2016 5:34 p.m.

Well, I have taken two scares.The first 13 years ago, I woke up in 62, I took the juice cardboard and back to the kitchen to save it I no longer remember how it fell on the umbrella.What yes, listened and hearing that they were going to prick (glucagon) my mother says that I did not leave them and I put it on.Upon waking it seemed that a train had passed over mine and the black tongue to bite it with the seizures.The second, a few months ago, in March, after an abortion and with many declines, one day pickednew.I woke up alone without glucagon, I guess what I ate began to take effect and waking up with great fear, because I knew I had active insulin doing the maximum effect and fear of fainting again.I took an entire azuquero with a tablespoon juice and even so, when I arrived at the doctor I had 127 I don't know why I did not effect anything.I started as with a ICT to the side and my body now relates each rare movement to that, my body is numb (the neck above all) and I am with anxiety attacks since then (they are already 8 months) without being able to make a life "normal"With terror when I see that it goes down very fast and panic when I insulin, I prefer to eat less hydrates to have to put a lot of bolus.It is very hard for us and those around us.

IreneMV's profile photo
IreneMV
11/24/2016 5:53 p.m.

DM1. Debut: 1998 / Bomba de insulina 2007 / Últ. glico.: 6,7% febrero -2018 / Sin complicaciones.

And the worst .. control.From a hem from 6 to a 7.6 for the fear of being fair and always putting me less insulin.A roll.I have to say that I am better for how I was but still, any situation of nervousness I return again to the same and as it is a daily fear that I have to face because I am never calm.A dexcom would be the solution to avoid being low and always ahead, but ... it is impossible right now that disbursement.

IreneMV's profile photo
IreneMV
11/24/2016 6:02 p.m.

DM1. Debut: 1998 / Bomba de insulina 2007 / Últ. glico.: 6,7% febrero -2018 / Sin complicaciones.

I have enough.In this year I have entered 5 times by severe hypoglycemia with seizures and loss of knowledge.In all of them I have fallen to the ground, either being standing or lying in a-sofa armchair with blows by the fall throughout the body, from legs to head (with cranioesephalic trauma included).I have not been able to detect any and blame it to: take 26 years of diabetes and for being operated on cervical discs with sequelae and with high medical treatment.In addition to these hospital admissions, in others not less than 8 occasions, I have been treated by 061 (Emergencies) at home, but as I was somewhat more aware (for the glucagones they gave me), because they have not entered me.The truth is that I fear more for my family (my 6 -year -old daughter and my wife) than for me, that I am no longer surprised, although many times I think that my brain will not be able to resist many more of these.Solution?We all know what they are, but in my case, I can't afford it.

sllf's profile photo
sllf
11/24/2016 6:02 p.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!
Última HBA1C: 6,5% (después de muchos años en 9%)

What a roll this, really.

IreneMV's profile photo
IreneMV
11/24/2016 6:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.