{'en': 'Have you suffered severe hypoglycemia?', 'es': 'Has sufrido una hipoglucemia severa?'} Image

Have you suffered severe hypoglycemia?

Andresito's profile photo   11/23/2016 8:58 p.m.

farce said:
Irenemv said:
Well I have taken two scares.The first 13 years ago, I woke up in 62, I took the juice cardboard and back to the kitchen to save it I no longer remember how it fell on the umbrella.

... oh really?But if that is almost no hip!Let's see if you stumbled upon something!: P

I can assure you no.I have spent half a year with anxiety treatment and without it, I still with fear.Until less than what I owe in order not to wear much insulin.The fear of insulin is very bad, in my case, superior to me.And with the consequent increases of us.

But well, you have to face this and that this can only us.

IreneMV's profile photo
IreneMV
02/25/2018 9:49 p.m.

DM1. Debut: 1998 / Bomba de insulina 2007 / Últ. glico.: 6,7% febrero -2018 / Sin complicaciones.

Well, maybe you should treat anxiety instead of thinking that diabetes is.I am not a doctor and what I am going to say is surely a gilipoyez huh, but it will not be at the best you lift yourself by throwing up for the juice, scared, anguished and that that stress made you faint?It should not be very cool to get up that way from the bed the truth.

What I see almost impossible is that with 60 glucose you are fainting for a diabetes question.That experts correct me but I would say it is impossible.

The fear of insulin is relatively easy to avoid.This nurse is treated with control.You increase the control, you increase security.For example, if certain non -important foods cause you disorders, eliminate them.If doing X does not benefit you, eliminate it.If doing and benefits you, do it.etcAny improvement will contribute something.Obviously eating less to click less is not an improvement

farstar's profile photo
farstar
02/25/2018 11:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The symptoms of diabetics hypoglycemia are sometimes noticed before real hypoglycemia, if you are used to being high in 60 you can notice the same symptoms as another person in 40. In addition, the glucometers also fail and may mark 60 but it was less.That can happen.And if you also join you with anxiety for fear of hypoglycemia because it is easy for you to fall.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
02/26/2018 9:47 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Hi!How fear I get your experience of knowledge losses, Puff.
I have had severe hypoglycemia (less than 30), it may be 20 in total (most in adolescence, and then just once a year ..) but I have never lost knowledge.Yes I have had tachycardia, sweat, feeling of desrealization, laughs for no reason, tremors, ... I have had a bad time, but I have always been able to eat and it has happened to me (sometimes after one or two hours).I think the most serious I had was half a year ago in the Balkans.We were diarrhea and vomiting because the food for us, and I began to be low (50).I vomited everything I ate so I didn't get up.In the middle of the mountain three hours from any urban nucleus, the people of the rural house without knowing English.We did not have to use the glucagon because what I did was drink sugar and let it get rid of my mouth instead of swallowing it, and I stabilized.It was a scare, but retaining the calm and with the resources that I always carry by hand (a lot of hydrate and glucagon) happened to me.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
02/26/2018 11:22 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Good evening, I'm going to tell you what I did, I believe the worst day of my life, my son has diabetes of a year and a half ago, he debuted with 9 years, until now I had never suffered a hypoglycemia that would end in the way that endedThis, it was a week ago and one day.I looked at him in the morning and I was 66, I immediately made breakfast and in maximum 10 minutes he came to the table, I have to say that other times he had had lower values, I do not know if he went down into a plummer or that ..I went to the kitchen to prepare my daughter's breakfast and he stayed eating after two minutes I hear a blow and I go to the dining room and I see it on the floor and seizures, my 8 -year -old daughter was the poor in SockLooking at him and I started calling my son and giving small blows to the face to see if he reacted, my husband was sleeping and woke up with our screams, he came and I only told him to take him that I did not know in the head and DUI DUIRunning to the kitchen to look for the glucagon I put it on and called the ambulance, it did not take too long and while talking with an 112 doctor who was telling me to put it aside etc ... when the ambulance arrived the task that the task thatThey had because he was super nervous, they could not put the route, in fact he took it away .... They had to put the soothing on his nose and finally already when they could stabilize it to the emergency room, they took us to critics and we were admitted 24 hours, now we are pending encephalogram and magnetic resonance, the doctor told me to do so to rule out and by protocol.Today the endocrine tells me that it does not believe that the seizures have been due to hypoglycemia because it was not so low ... and that blood glucose cannot go down if there is no active insulin, well the slow one .... I do not know but IYes I know that my son looked at him at 8 in the morning and it is 160 and I look at him at 9 and it is 100 that is, I don't know why or how, now I am in the phase that I have a panicThat I am low ... I prefer that I am high, I know that it can not be but I cannot imagine to go through the same thing again, this time I could react but I do not know the next one.

Carmen Gomez Dalmau's profile photo
Carmen Gomez Dalmau
07/31/2018 12:23 a.m.

@"Carmen Gomez Dalmau" encouragement, a great scare but everything has gone well !!!

The first thing, that endocrine you have to tell you that with severe hypoglycemia with loss of knowledge you cannot convulse ..?But in the hands of whom we are my mother !!!

And the second depending on the time of administration, activity and sensitivity, slow insulin that can go down, logically it will not be the same as the fast but of course you can go down, I do not know what type of basal insulin you use.
And a very important thing !!!!that I did not do until you take a couple of scares, which they teach you or should teach you the educator@ s "if you are low before eating, always go back and until you are not inOBJECTIVE No click and eat.- "

I did the same, I was at 65 mg/dl and as I was going to eat or dinner, I did the same, now I take 2 sugar envelopes and when I am well I do the food.
I do not know the guidelines they give in the different health centers but it would seem sad that we are the ones who have to explain these basic things.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
07/31/2018 11:44 a.m.

Yes it is 66, the first thing is to give juice. And go back, as @"sigsauer" tells you.
And of course he convulsed by hypoglycemia, because he continued going down
If you go down so much because of the slow one, it may be too much ...
It seems a lie that an endocrine has told you that ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/31/2018 11:52 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good day to all!

I encourage one of my first post about this thread :)

Fortunately I have never lost knowledge or had to use glucagon in 21 years of diabetes, but it is a couple of months or three, I had an important scare.

I use threeiba and from time to time I have seasons where I am more fair at night.

I had a couple of nights correcting the basal, but in one of them (it is understood that the decrease in units was not yet enough) I woke up at 6:30 am, to use the juice that I keep on the bedside table.

Next, what I remember is that I started shouting as a hysterical authentic, and I could not control it.I launched pillows and asked the glucagon to my partner.

It was an extremely unpleasant feeling because there was a part of me that told me that I was already taking the juice, that nothing happened ... while on the other I could not control the screams ...

A feeling of not being able to respond from myself.Finally, the situation is releasing although it cost me three juices, and a good time ...

When I recovered the sanity a little and I could analyze the Freestyle curve had been from 1: 00-2: 00 am in hypoglycemia.The curve was flat and red.

The fact is that I woke up because it had been dreaming for a while that was low on a train platform, and I had no juice to take my mouth.

I imagine that I had been with hardly any glucose in the body so many hours that reacts such an aggressive way.Sometimes I get very irascible when I am in hypoglycemia, but from there to that level I was ...

I didn't even know what he did or what he said.When I had the scare, my partner had already commissioned the Nightrider, and I still apologize for that embarrassing performance, hahahaha.

A lot has always been involved and the scare I gave him was tremendous ...

Since then, and as some partner has said, I have been much more aware of how primordial the time is in the performance of hypoglycemia, because until then I also thought that to some extent that kind of situations were "under my control."

Greetings!

Hoshiiko's profile photo
Hoshiiko
07/31/2018 12:21 p.m.

It is true that the previous day he had been doing a lot of sport, he did not click quickly, only when he is high because if he did not do slowly use lantus, that day he had not been punched quickly for dinner, that is, in fact he was only going with theSlow I put it at 9 p.m., plus the sport I had done, my failure not to give juice before eating, but other times we had done it like that and I suppose I trusted myself, now it doesn't happen to me!on the contrary!Yesterday was 70 and everything that ate rose like the foam ... but it is very recent and we are still in Sock ....
I only know that when I leave the consultation I leave the same as I entered ... I don't clarify anything!on the contrary

Carmen Gomez Dalmau's profile photo
Carmen Gomez Dalmau
07/31/2018 2:09 p.m.

It's complicated ...
My son has been in diabetes for 7 years and we have more than controlled doses.His curve in the Dexcom from 4 in the morning to 9 or 10 is totally flat.Well...
The other day at 8:30 am I looked at the receiver and was in 78, although the line was slightly descending (very slightly).At 9: 15h, just before leaving home and leaving him alone, he gave me to look at him again.And the Dexcom said that below 55, I don't remember the figure.I measured him in blood and offered me a beautiful 27 that left me paralyzed.I did not come to the story, there was no change or activity, either food, or insulin units.And the worst part is that he did not wake up on his own.
He didn't get up badly, he noticed his legs something (as he always says).A good juice, its 5 breakfast rations and then your Novorapid.But of course one feels imposing before these files X.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
07/31/2018 3:06 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

@aandres and with which glycemia you have since you save the alarm of Hip ... ??I have it in 80 mg/dl at 80 mg/dl because there is a small difference and the delay of the interstitial fluid, when I whistle at 80 it is normal that it is already below 80 even 70 .....

I understand that if at 78 mg/dl the alarm had not jumped is that you have it lower.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
07/31/2018 6:23 p.m.

@"Sgusauer" we have it in 80 too.Logically, he whistled in 80, but being his totally flat curve in the morning, it is not worth waking him (there are tremendous nights that, like this one, is over the 80s and whips every time he goes down a little, then he goes up another one, then goes down thenanother little and whistle again ... and so on up to three or four times in one night.
He also whistled when he got off 55, but there I was no longer pending and my son did not wake up.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
08/02/2018 11:18 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Hello:
Of course in 34 a diabetes I with insulin it is normal for you to have happened to you.I have had a lot especially in childhood, loss of consciousness and seizures with hospital admission now that I have not lost the consciousness because technology does something and my body warns me.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
08/07/2018 2:12 p.m.

In my thirties like D1 I have had only a couple of them.Everything is learned and in my last and most recent I learned that it is very important that the people around you know how to act in these cases.In my work they did not know it and less bad that they called the Madrid Emergency Assistance Service (Samur) and they could revive me there without taking me to the hospital.

Pinkypank's profile photo
Pinkypank
08/07/2018 11:45 p.m.

Hello.In my 25 years of diabetic I don't remember the times that I have woken up with 4-5 doctors-diseases surrounding me.Thank God several years ago it doesn't happen to me.I have the movement of a shoulder limited by a fainting that I had for hypoglycemia because I fell on a piece of furniture.At that time I lived alone and I still don't know how I could go back.

diegomiquel's profile photo
diegomiquel
08/08/2018 2:12 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 25 años 6,4 Hb1aC

Well, I am many times with sugar drops of up to 40 but always as sugar or somethingThe 10 hours did not get him to go up and I was already eating sugar but nothing and when I noticed that my body had small seizures, my partner took me to the Emergency.It is the first time I go to the emergency department for a decrease in sugar but I really felt fear.

Montsevn's profile photo
Montsevn
08/10/2018 8:04 p.m.

My mother gave me a tremendous scare a certain time that was hospitalized.It turns out that in the root of an infection, he entered with the high glucose, a doctor arrived and put for the first time insulin of rapid action (they had never put him, of any kind), spent hours and another doctor arrived to put more and after him and afterwardsFrom a couple of hours another doctor came to put more.3 times and none returned.

As at 2 in the morning I was taking care of her and talked, when she began to lose the thread of the comprehension, and out of nowhere she said "hunger ... hunger", at first I thought it was a joke or that I was hungry just like me, but I asked him if he was fine and only complained.I immediately called the nurse and it turns out that it brought glucose in 46.

:( took an eternity to come with glucose, it was horrible. We still remembered sadly. And although he has had several glucose dances, most ends in tremors, sweats and confusion, thank God never in loss of consciousness.

Since insulin started we always try to bring sweets in the wallet.

Ange's profile photo
Ange
08/11/2018 6:16 a.m.

Hello everyone!I am a beginner in the forum, barely between I saw this title and I could not miss the opportunity to tell them my bad experiences.
The first intense downturn I had was when I was 13 years old, I took half dizzy for what I went to check and I was with a blood glucose of 42, I immediately began to eat honey and take Coca Cola but it was not enough.I fainted and then woke up in the hospital thanks to the oxygen that I had put me, among my parents who were to save me told me that I had very ugly convulsions and even having put the glucagon injection could not make me awake.The episode was very disconcerting because one hour before it has happened he had had a glycemia of approximately 189 and had crossed well but the Docs said that for the late hours of the snack and the bathroom had occurred.
Another episode that I had was not so severe but I woke up without understanding anything in my bed and although it is not unconscious, ended again because when eating so much to lift the low I broke down, I began to vomit and that towards my blood glucose began to go downagain.
The last and worse I had a few months ago, breakfast having 252 and making a correction of 5 units so that 2 hours later I would go down to 55 and not to be able to overcome the low, to be unconscious again and make seizures.
According to doctors I have occasions when I am very sensitive to insulin and that's why these incidents have happened to me because I do not know many who have spent it so bad with this issue.I am a diabetics 10 years ago but however for more effort I put everything I feel that I can never be well.

celestemz's profile photo
celestemz
08/13/2018 10:42 p.m.

DT1 desde los 7 años, debut el 2007.
Ultima glico 10,4 (Mayo 2018)
Insulina Novo Rapid y Levemir
Argentina

You have to see how much a fast unit lowers you, to correct hyperglycemia and stay in a security margin of 150 ...
A fast unit can download 50 glucose, but you have to check it.
If so and you are 250, you would put two units of fast and hour and a half later you would be at 150.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/14/2018 12:53 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.