{'en': 'Night hyperglycemia', 'es': 'Hiperglucemia nocturna'} Image

Night hyperglycemia

mariquilla92's profile photo   11/24/2017 2:26 a.m.

Good evening, my name is Maria I am 23 years old and I am a type1 diabetic from 15.

Lately I find a problem every night, my glucose after dinner remains stable and just 2 hours later, at half past 11 it starts up and stays at about 250 or 300 until breakfast.

I discard rebounds for hypoglycemia because I carry free freestyle and in the graph no one is reflected.

Use threeiba as slow insulin, which lasts more than 24 hours.

I do not know that he can be failing, my next visit to the endocrine is not within a year and I am not knowing what to do.

Thank you so much!

All the best.

mariquilla92's profile photo
mariquilla92
11/24/2017 2:26 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, it may be that you need more or slowly, my son happened similar to the effect of the rapid rose a lot and was high all night, when climbing a unit, he accommodated well, what time do you apply the slow one?And the other question is whether you tried to increase the fast ... also what kind of food do you eat ... and consult it in a year?

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
11/24/2017 2:47 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Hello, the body while resting is preparing for the other day, so these physiological processes produce increased glucose, what you can do is place your basal 20 -hour basal insulin so that at its time of greatest action it avoids nightly hyperglycemia

Yayo13's profile photo
Yayo13
11/24/2017 4:24 a.m.

@"Mariquilla92", and I would also consider a possible slower absorption of carbohydrate during the night ... that can cause that when you already have little fast active insulin circulating, a good part of the dinner HC is absorbing, coinciding, coincidingWith 2-3 hours after dinner and of course .. gives the climb of glucose ... and indeed, it can also be the phenomenon of ALBA, as @"yayo13" says, although it usually occurs later, more around 5 of the 5The morning.Or maybe, they can be both at the same time ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
11/24/2017 8:51 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

You can put here a freestyle graph and we try to see what happens ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
11/24/2017 8:52 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

dani76 said:
hello, it may be that you need more or slow, my son happened similar to the effect of the fast rose a lot and was high all night, when climbing a unit,Get well, what time do you apply the slow one?And the other question is whether you tried to increase the fast ... also what kind of food you eat ... and consult it in a year?

Good morning, thank you for your answer, the slow one, which is Tresiba, I apply it at 11, two hours after dinner.I have the problem that if I apply faster to have the night well, I have to apply the fair for dinner.I live in Seville and at the Valme hospital they give appointments like this, it goes as a waiting list ...
I usually feed well, salad, fish, vegetables, whole wheat bread, etc.
I have uploaded two units of slow a few days ago but nothing, the same ...

mariquilla92
11/24/2017 10:26 a.m.

yayo13 said:

Hello, the body while resting is preparing for the other day, so these physiological processes produce increased glucose, what you can do is place your basal 20 -hour basal insulin so that at its time of greatest action it avoids nightly hyperglycemia

My basal insulin is threeiba and I understand that it lasts more than 24 hours, I always apply it at 11, the quw means that in theory my body never runs out of that insulin, so I do not understand anything, and on top of that I apply fasterWhat I need to be able to correct it, at 2 hours I get a little and go up again as usual.

mariquilla92
11/24/2017 10:28 a.m.

jpr said:
@"mariquilla92", and I would also consider a possible slower absorption of carbohydrate during the night ... that can cause that when you already have little fast active insulin circulating,A good part of the dinner HC is being absorbed, coinciding with 2-3 hours after dinner and of course .. gives the glucose rise ... and indeed, it can also be the phenomenon of ALBA, as @"yayo13", although it usually occurs later, more around 5 in the morning.Or maybe, they can be both at the same time ...

There are nights that, such as salad and vegetables, to prove what happened and nothing, still rises again from nowhere ... without hydrates and keeps high until breakfast.

mariquilla92
11/24/2017 10:30 a.m.

jpr said:
you can put a freestyle graph here and try to see what happens ...
>

Of course, here I leave you a daily average so you can see how about 12 already goes up

mariquilla92
11/24/2017 10:42 a.m.

jpr said:
you can put a freestyle graph here and try to see what happens ...
>

I also leave you today.

mariquilla92
11/24/2017 10:48 a.m.

What time do you dinner?I would tell you that this climb is associated with dinner, it is completely vertical, almost a wall, it looks like total hc absorption, but if you say that without HC it also happens ... you have well adjusted the insulin / ration ratioand do you accounts the HC well?

JPR's profile photo
JPR
11/24/2017 10:52 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

jpr said:
What time do you dinner?I would tell you that this climb is associated with dinner, it is completely vertical, almost a wall, it looks like total hc absorption, but if you say that without HC it also happens ... you have well adjusted the insulin / ration ratioand you accounts well the HC?

Ceno at 9, two hours before applying the slow.When not as HC barely makes the same climb but slower.And I tell you, as I apply faster, at 11 already goes down.The way to adjust insulin always
I do it in the same way but the theme of the climbs only happens to me from 10 days.That's why everything is so strange to me, forgetting yesterday's graph, every day at two hours of dinner is fine, 100 and something, and from 11 take and throw up without stopping, I don't understand it

mariquilla92
11/24/2017 11:17 a.m.

@"Mariquilla92" something very similar to three times happened to me, at the 3rd time of having drew in the free that began to climb, there were days that it remained all night, others lowered me after the climb and othersI had to correct at dawn, that is, a whole mystery giving the dinner, the hydrates, the sport etc .. my endocrine changed me three for Toujeo and I went on to put it at the time of the food instead of at dinner and although althoughI still have some night climb as before, I have improved those episodes quite a lot and I think I will put it at breakfast.Obviously biologically each person is a world.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/24/2017 3:43 p.m.

sigsauer said:
@"mariquilla92" something very similar to three similar to me, at the 3rd time of having dinner I saw in the free that began to rise, there were days that remained that remainedAll night, others lowered me after the climb and others had to correct at dawn, that is, a whole mystery giving the same dinner, the hydrates, the sport etc .. my endocrine changed me three for Toujeo and I went to put it toThe time of the food instead of at dinner and although I still have some night climb as before, I have improved those episodes quite a lot and I think that soon I will put it at breakfast.Evidently biologically each person is a world.

Exactly, it's just that, and last night I click 3 quickly to correct and insulin went from my face haha ​​as if I was injected to the couch ... but that only happens for about 10 days until now, nowWith Tresiba I have been more than a year, and for a year I have no appointment in the endocrine again, imagine the panorama ...

mariquilla92
11/24/2017 4:49 p.m.

I believe that the slow takes to act and at that time you raise your glucose.
Aheading the time of the Tresiba could be solved.
But it can also be that you need to raise the slow., Because it has to last more than 24 hours.
It seems that the toujeo is better.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/24/2017 5:17 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Welcome to the mystery of the night with Tresiba as @"sigsauer" says but your case is rare because without dinner hydrates, fats ... they can be hormones and happen to you.In my case I notice the effect at 2h to put it that is in the morning.It may be that putting it before you know that peak.

091975's profile photo
11/24/2017 6:08 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1:Tresiba 13u por las mañanas
Novorapid sobre: 2-5-3. Modifico según Hidratos y mediciones
H.G. (1/12/18): 6,3

Sorry, I wanted to put that peak.
I correct myself many times at dawn.

091975's profile photo
11/24/2017 6:13 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1:Tresiba 13u por las mañanas
Novorapid sobre: 2-5-3. Modifico según Hidratos y mediciones
H.G. (1/12/18): 6,3

I would upload the slow one, .. I think you are missing units .... If you do, it is not strange that I have to download quickly ...
You should prove options ... Until the most close to "normal" values.

For example, I arrive at 5 in the afternoon, around 80-130 ... I have to walk with a lotPhenomenon of "sunset" .. So the solution is that if I take even the minimum I have to click.
Maybe I will happen to you, something seems like, but at night.

I would climb without hesitation.

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
11/24/2017 9:01 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

Before I have placed that each person we have a totally different biological clock and as to diabetes and glycemia surely also influences us differently.It is totally demonstrated that each person is more or less active at one hour or another of the day, there are people who work or sports for the mornings, others in the afternoon and others at dusk;You will notice themselves when you are more vitality and in my "theory" I think it also influences us in the glycemia.-

@"Rake" I think it is more a matter of looking for the right schedule for each one for its routine or activity than of the amount of basal insulin, what we always say, test and error !!

@"Mariquilla92" 1 year of appointment ...?And so...?Normal in my case are 6 months

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/24/2017 10:30 p.m.

sigsauer said:
I have put the fact that each person we have a totally different biological clock and how much to diabetes and glycemias surely also influences us differently.It is totally demonstrated that each person is more or less active at one hour or another of the day, there are people who work or sports for the mornings, others in the afternoon and others at dusk;You will notice themselves when you are more vitality and in my "theory" I think it also influences us in the glycemia.-

@"Rake" I think it is more a matter of looking for the right schedule for each one for its routine or activity than of the amount of basal insulin, what we always say, test and error !!

@"Mariquilla92" 1 year of appointment ...?And so...?The normal thing in my case is 6 months

The hours that are and already go up, as if I had not even punctured.Another day and does not change.I live in Seville and here there is a kind of waiting list, there are no quotes before and always take a year or even more ...

mariquilla92
11/24/2017 10:36 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.