{'en': 'Night hyperglycemia', 'es': 'Hiperglucemia nocturna'} Image

Night hyperglycemia

mariquilla92's profile photo   11/24/2017 2:26 a.m.

@"Mariquilla92", it's a matter as we say, trial and error ... and check.

As @"sigsauer" says, you can try to change the puncture schedule ... but gradually.I caught at 3 pm and now I do it at 8-9h in the morning, and I have improved, enough :)
Try to change schedule, and still, I think that at least, the slow ... because it is not normal.What do you say you shoot you, and if you get up quickly, you say that then you lower you ... with what ... there are more options.
It's just, my opinion.What I would do

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
11/24/2017 10:40 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

@"Mariquilla92" just to say something that others have not told you, since I do not use the same slow as you but ...

Have you tried to start two new feathers (the fast and slow) and leave "in quarantine" the ones you are using now?

I tell you because it just happened to me what you say and it was because I had been using an insulna that did not act (and was not expired), it was not expired),

Try it does not cost anything, if not that is something else you discard ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/24/2018 5:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am reading you and thinking that women have the hormonal problem added.I had a file x a month like @"mariquilla92";I couldn't lower glycemia, even stopping.And suddenly at 30 days it becomes normal, to the previous behavior.Moreover, now I am with a very few insulin, less than before.
I tried everything you propose and nothing.
I blame it for hormones.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/24/2018 6:18 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

mariquilla92 said:
good night, my name is Maria I am 23 years old and I am type1 diabetic since 15. Lately I find a problem every night, my glucose after dinner remains stable andJust 2 hours later, around 11:30 it begins to rise and remains at about 250 or 300 to breakfast.I discard rebounds for hypoglycemia because I carry free freestyle and in the graph no one is reflected.Use threeiba as slow insulin, which lasts more than 24 hours.I do not know that it can be fayo, my next visit to the endocrine is not within a year and I am not knowing what to do.Thank you so much.Greetings.

Hello.
I wear the same meter and I spent exactly the same thing, I did a lot of sport and at night I train a lot, so it came hungry.I ended up opting for two solutions.
I reduced the amount of night HDC and slower absorption.
Another that came to such an extent that I woke up an hour after falling asleep and injected 1 or 2 u of fast insulin, this was enough for me to spend a good night.
I punctu19 I always upload blood glucose ....
Have you tried to increase the dose of threehiba ???
All the best

lemurdiabético's profile photo
lemurdiabético
01/25/2018 11:31 a.m.

@"Mariquilla92" Most likely, at that time you have a greater need for basal insulin.
Throughout the day we do not have the same need for insulin, there are times when we need more and others less and you, when putting the slow pen, you are getting the same dose for the whole day ...
I had the same problem before wearing insulin bomb, but with a bomb I have uploaded the basal section of the second part of the night and now I am finally flat during the early morning and I do not have that climb that I had daily.
Insulin Tresiba lasts more than 24h and is flat, with what is probably what happens to you, especially if the rest of the day you are fine.
If you upload slow units you can have hypoglycemia the rest of the day, so it could be a "half" solution.Another thing is that you upload units to compensate for that night climb and if at some point the rest of the day you see that you have basal left and go down you can compensate with some HC, you can try and measure the necessary amount.
The truth is that without a bomb this has a bad arrangement ... I also towards before what @"lemurdiabetico" says, which was to injected quickly reinforcement to avoid the midnight climb and thus reached breakfast ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
01/25/2018 11:53 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

To decide whether it increases or not, you must check how it dawns.I explain myself.I also use it and put it a little earlier, about nine o'clock at night.My endocrine told me, in one of the consultations, that if dawned below 140 the dose was well adjusted.So I would have to see how it gets in the morning.

Alb85's profile photo
Alb85
01/25/2018 12:01 p.m.

- 32 años. Diabético Tipo 1 desde los 9 años.
- Tratamiento:
Tresiba (14 unidades)
Humalog (según actividad, glucosa, comida...)
- Mediciones: Accu-chek aviva y Freestyle libre

@"Mariquilla92" Something like that happens to me but just a few days a month depending on the hormonal cycle I change the basal needs at night.From ovulation to the rule I need slowly at night.I have solved it by putting an extra basal before sleep (in my case 6 more of Toujeo).I put the toujeo in the morning and I have not touched that and I am going well for those days.The bad thing about this is that when the rule is approaching I need less slowly I am a little low night because the toujeo takes a day or two to notice the change and since the day you expect you cannot foresee.But more or less this month I have managed to be well every day with this trick.
It occurred to me another solution for this but I have not tried it, the next time I go to the endocrine I will comment to see.There is a slow one that was used for years that it has about 12 hours of action and by the curve I square just with what I saw in the free.It is the NPH.Tell the endo because the same if you prescribe this you solve it with an extra prick of NPH before sleeping.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/25/2018 12:04 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

alb85 said:
to decide whether it increases threeiba or not, you must check how it dawns.I explain myself.I also use it and put it a little earlier, about nine o'clock at night.My endocrine told me, in one of the consultations, that if dawned below 140 the dose was well adjusted.So I would have to see how it gets in the morning.

Not at all is that simple.You can have a dose of basal that during most of the day you are perfect but that is insufficient in a certain time section, for example the second part of the night.Obviously, that has to value the endocrine and not us, but it is quite frequent that during the second half of the night there is more basal need than the rest of the day due to the phenomenon of dawn.If for the rest of the day you have margin to upload units and compensate for the night, perfect, what you have to do is climb, but as for the rest of the day you are left over slowly or you are well, if you go up to dawn units in values ​​of 100, you can tend to hiccups at many times of the day and sometimes tend to hip.

Of course, in my case, when I was with a pen, I could not upload units because if I went up compensated the night but the rest of the day was horrible, all the time eating without stopping ... it had a lot of difference in the basal needs for dayAnd the night ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
01/25/2018 12:11 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

I have only explained what my endocrine told me in case it was useful.It is clear that each one is a world;I, with those guidelines, I am well controlled but, what they tell me does not have to be the same for others.

Alb85's profile photo
Alb85
01/25/2018 12:45 p.m.

- 32 años. Diabético Tipo 1 desde los 9 años.
- Tratamiento:
Tresiba (14 unidades)
Humalog (según actividad, glucosa, comida...)
- Mediciones: Accu-chek aviva y Freestyle libre

I have a basal demand according to progesterone.When high postovulation I have to upload 3 units.After menstruation under again.It is even more affects me to the rapid.It has less global effect.
But the month of December I will say the whole month to 150-280 why.
I see the glyc I see it at 6.6 without remedy.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/25/2018 7 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Something very similar to @"Mariquilla92" happens to my son, most of the nights, although not all.Endocrine has told us that we try to increase the slow.And if that does not work, he has told us that he could put an insulin called Novomix that has the action peak at 6 am, so it would make it very well for those nights when he starts up at 0:30h.But of course, there would be a risk of hypoglycemia at night when for whatever reason does not rise (having had the same with the same fast units; it may be hormonal issue).A dilemma

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
01/25/2018 11:19 p.m.

Hijo con DM1 desde Mayo 2017, con 13 años.
Tresiba + Novorapid. Freestyle + Blucon.
Última hemo: 6,8(Noviembre 2018)

Hello.Finally, did you find a solution to those nocturnal hyperglycemia?
I am now in the same situation.I am recently using freestyle and now I am aware of that hyperglycemia from 00:00.I also climb without apparent reason around 17:30.And I have already passed from 25 from three to 31 and I still do not flatten the curve

urbano's profile photo
urbano
01/17/2021 7:07 p.m.

For @mariquilla92, the progress progress and the beginning of the action of insulins does not work much.I would opt 4 hours before dinner, make a light snack 40 grams of normal turkey breast a tray and piece of fruit or two.Novorapid.I think it starts to take effect very soon.Normally if it will be injected in the morning from 3 it is when they would leave it 80. I know the insulin because I have taken it and currently my mother takes it. It is an insulin that you have to be careful because I think it cannot be mixed with according to according toWhat medications certain herbs and vitamin contributions, phosphorus magnesium calcium and so on.This is written in the feathers prospect.If you have noticed some nausea abdominal pain, your ankles have swollen the slow insulin does not work well.He has said that they will change it good that they will also use it and it is doing very well.I put it on at 4:30 p.m.There is always a new one.Courage and don't overwhelm ..

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
01/17/2021 11:59 p.m.

K5288pn25.

Hello!Was your problem @mariquilla92?It is that my son is happening exactly the same ... it is a nightmare.They have changed Lantus for Boujeo and I have increased dose, and nothing, I have changed the time of injection and nothing, we tried with few HC and either ... it is superstable all day and arriving at 11 or 12 at night that shoots250 approx ... without any apparent reason.My 6 -year -old son debuted in April and uses Humalog and Toujeo.If someone can help me, I will be greatly grateful

erikabg's profile photo
erikabg
11/22/2021 6:58 p.m.

@erikabg, what time do you put the slow?
It covers you 24 hours?
If it will not come, it will be that something needs to raise it, right?
If the climb is always at the same time, it would be easy to solve with bomb.
It can be a hormonal issue, for growth.
My daughter whenever she began to climb at night is that she needed slower.The lantus was solved by increasing a unit
The children needing more insulin as they grow.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/22/2021 9:11 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi @regina, thanks for answering, I put the slow one before dinner, as your doctor told me.And if I have already uploaded the dose 2 times these days and remains the same.I just put faster for dinner, and the postprandial was low.It's already uploading ... I put a photo

erikabg's profile photo
erikabg
11/22/2021 11:52 p.m.

@erikabg, I do not see the photo, but if you say that it uploads at 11, or 12 at night and that you put the slow insulin at dinner time, it seems that the slow one is very fair to cubrir him 24 hours.
You can increase slowly, if you don't have hypoglycemia, or you can delay dinner a little so that the fast dinner stops that climb.
Another option would be to spend the slow morning and see how you wake up ..
Tell him with your doctor, but the good thing about having the climb at the same time is that you can find a solution.
Maybe you fix it just to reduce dinner hydrates ..
Sometimes there are specific increases and yet the glycosilada continues to be the most important thing.
Much encouragement.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/23/2021 6:52 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Hi @erikabg: I also had the same problem and I have solved it eating a less than HC ration at night.The sugar does not climb me so much and I am a little more "flat" during the night.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
11/28/2021 11:01 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Good evening, thanks @ricky21 and @regina, I went up slowly and improved but passed again, I will continue slowly uploading little by little ... it is seen that he is leaving the honeymoon ... but so fast ???Is that a month ago I put 3 and I go for 10 and ask for more .. How much can you upload?Is it very small for so much not?Any case by similar?Thanks for the help 😘

erikabg's profile photo
erikabg
12/02/2021 12:06 a.m.

@erikabg, you can continue to climb slowly as long as you have no hypoglycemia, with toujeo you usually need more insulin than with Lantus.Go up one in one unit every three days.Watch the night, not enter hip.
The insulin dose is increasing with growth and when they leave honeymoon it increases a lot.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/02/2021 5:16 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.