{'en': 'Two -year -old girl with T1D', 'es': 'Niña de dos años de edad con t1d'} Image

Two -year -old girl with T1D

T1d's profile photo   12/19/2016 6:55 a.m.

Hello,

My 2 -year -old daughter debuted on Tuesday, December 13 of type 1 diabetes, we are still admitted.

Any breast or dad here with such a small diabetic child?

Thank you

T1d's profile photo
T1d
12/19/2016 6:55 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"T1d".Good day.Solidarity greetings and welcome to the forum.Here is a lot of information that will help you to know the DM1 and yes, there is a section for mothers and fathers of children who will surely answer any questions you have and you will receive a lot of support.It is important to have a lot of information, so take advantage that the baby is admitted to ask medical staff all the questions you consider.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
12/19/2016 10:30 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Good morning and welcome to the "t1d" forum, ask what you need and share what you know, do not forget to go through the theme of parents, I leave here the link:

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
12/19/2016 10:33 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thank you!The roll that being so small cannot do it with boli but with syringe and there are measures that are 0.5 of NPH and 0.5 fast and that is a stress because it is that it is a happy sigh these values ​​so small.What if air enters syringes that if you spend a little .. thanks for the animals☺

T1d's profile photo
T1d
12/19/2016 11:38 a.m.

where are you from?I from Zaragoza.
My son debuted with 18 months, now he is 3 years old.
We go with insulin bomb, try to fight to give it to you.
Ask me what you want.

I send you many spirits, now you will see it black, but calm that you learn to wear the disease and your daughter will be fine.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
12/19/2016 11:49 a.m.

Hello, my daughter debuted for a year and a half, she already has 8 is great.At first you have to be very aware because they are very small but over time they are automated and they are controlled by how they feel.We still do not have the bomb, we hope to get it this year and at the moment we complement with free freestyle to see the trends.
cheer up

Jose Luis Garrido Blazquez's profile photo
Jose Luis Garrido Blazquez
12/19/2016 2:03 p.m.

What is that of the bomb?Why would you have to fight for the bomb?They don't do it?I am D BCN and they treat us in San Juan de Dios this morning just a while after writing to you, I have been discharged, I hope you know how to handle myself well.

T1d's profile photo
T1d
12/19/2016 2:45 p.m.

And free freestyle what is it?Thank you

T1d's profile photo
T1d
12/19/2016 3:06 p.m.

@"T1d".I imagine that you are spending moments of great uncertainty.The first;Ask your doctor to refer you to a center to receive diabetological education.Need to know a lot of information to meet the girl's needs.Regarding your questions, right here you can inform yourself, look for freestyle and insulin bombs.Freestyle is a device that sticks to the baby's arm to measure glycemia (complementary to the glucometer).The insulin infuster pump is a box that is stuck in the belly and by catheter it is "infusing" fast insulin.Many children carry it.Take advantage of these insomnia nights to read a lot here in the forum.Encouragement

solaria's profile photo
solaria
12/19/2016 8:38 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

My daughter started with 5 years, now has no problem.Do not be overwhelmed, which has a long time ahead so that treatments improve.Focus to get a good glycosylated, which, if you are pending, will not be difficult.
What insulins do you have?As they tell you, bomb treatment is the most suitable for such young children.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/19/2016 8:47 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@"Regina" Well, the fast is Humalog and the slow insulating.And if this pumps is the most appropriate for us, they don't tell us anything in the hospital?

T1d's profile photo
T1d
12/19/2016 11:29 p.m.

Glycosilad what is it?Oh mother I'm so fish!I am going to give me more classes the next weeks in the hospital.

T1d's profile photo
T1d
12/19/2016 11:30 p.m.

Little by little ..., glycosylated hemoglobin is the one that indicates that the control is good, when it is less than 7.
They will already inform you if you need it.You have to request it, they do not put it everywhere.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/20/2016 12:53 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@"T1d", I have put a private, take out an eye when you can

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/20/2016 9:57 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

We are still giving you a lot of blow, hehehe ....

Freestyle is a continuous glucose meter, it is not recommended for children under 4 years, and seen how it works I do not recommend it, it is still very small to carry that.

The insulin bomb has to give it to you, that has to inform you of your endocrine, such young children usually give it, exile it, because it is all easier.They do not tell you in the hospital, because it is a very high cost for the SS and they do not give it as well, but in such a small child you have to supply, because they carry so little insulin, it is so complicated that everyone eatsHydrates .... It is complicated with syringes to wear everything well, even so the pump is not the panacea, but it is easier.

If it serves you as comfort, my son has gone to nursery like others and the school goes so richly with his meter and set of hypoglycemia.You have to warn at the College of the Problem and this is already.
We make a normal life, within a clear order, at first it is expensive because you lose freedom but well you adapt to everything.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
12/20/2016 12:11 p.m.

@"T1d", I put the table that I told you of hemoglobin.
And some HC tables, I suppose they will give you some similar

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/20/2016 4:40 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Now this Altita Basstnte even for example at 11 in the morning gave 361. Tomorrow we have a visit to see what they tell us ... They told us that they would gradually teach us to know what insulin dose to give it etc but what at the moment I baseIn what have been discharged.Thank you very much for all the info!It is a lot and all suddenly and the irritated girl of noses because she is hungry to the time.Little by little

T1d's profile photo
T1d
12/20/2016 7:20 p.m.

Good morning, mine debuted with 18 months and at two years we put the bomb and now for a bomb and Dexcom and is 7 years old.It is true, it will be hard and quite hard at the beginning but you do not discourage you, it is improved, very little by little it improves, do not overwhelm or by the three hundred or sink from the 40 ... you will have to be brave and if you canThe maximum family help ... but I repeat you, it is improved over the years and little by little and then there will be less punctures and all more normalized, although it is a hard path ..... Pa lante.And being strong you can be quite happy.I have had high and low, of everything, unfortunately my child has a very decompensated diabetes and only to encourage you, today you have to congratulate him, he has taken the best grades in his class and he is very happy .... For the parents it is morehard.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
12/20/2016 7:28 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Welcome to the forum.My daughter debuted in March this year with two and a half years, unfortunately, as you will see, there are many cases of young children with type 1 diabetes (more and more, they say) and as my colleagues tell you this goes little by little and dayday.Do not try to contribute everything to the "maximum" because it is impossible and as @ regina told you if it improves glycosilada is good news.Here asks what you want and take advantage of informing you.You will see how it is of great help.It has served me a lot for information but also to encourage me, they are wonderful people.

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
12/20/2016 9:25 p.m.

Thank you all I feel super wrapped here and thanks to gala especially for all the info that is happening to me!Grateful infinitely

T1d's profile photo
T1d
12/20/2016 9:50 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.