{'en': 'Hello, my 9 -year -old son has diabetes and I feel guilty.', 'es': 'Hola, mi hijo de 9 años tiene diabetes y me siento culpable.'} Image

Hello, my 9 -year -old son has diabetes and I feel guilty.

Carmen Gomez Dalmau's profile photo   02/01/2017 7:05 p.m.

Hello, I'm new and I come to introduce myself.

On January 20 I went with my daughter and my son to a consultation with the pediatrician, I went to the girl but the thing is that I no longer left there because my son after consulting several symptoms that I had, I thought they wereFor the treatment of phimosis that was carrying out, it turns out that the pediatrician called the nurse and did a test and came out that it was 342 ....

From there I sent myself to the emergency room and we no longer left in more than a week, I entered with my healthy child and went out with a diabetic debuto like this without expecting anything ... my son is 9 years old, he turned them in October.

The truth is that I suppose those who have gone through the same thing you will understand but I feel a very big helplessness, I feel bad as a mother in case I have been doing something wrong that has influenced my son to be diabetic.

That they have already told me no, but I do not stop feeling it for more than I try, we are trying to find the dose since it has descents, we climb carbohydrates and lower the doses and so we are trying ....

I am happy to have found you because I am sure that it will help me not to feel so alone in front of this new situation that I live.

Thanks in advance for everyone

Carmen Gomez Dalmau's profile photo
Carmen Gomez Dalmau
02/01/2017 7:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, Carmen

The guilt ... it is useless or only serves to block us;We feel it, of course, for many different things, but we can also let it go and accept that we do things the best we can, and that we have limits, we are human, not machines.Sometimes, so many times ..., we mentally seek a perfection that does not exist in reality, and we give each other again and again against the limits, until we accept them.

Being a good mother I think has no recipe;Being a good mother does not seem to be living for the children and putting them in a bubble so that "nothing happens to them";Being a good mother (or a good father, or a good educator/a) has more to do with listening (at all levels) the needs of the child at all times and loving him as it is and contributing the tools thatWe can to build your own life and follow your way, with diseases or without them.Always do the maximum that one can.

This disease, like other chronicles, does nothing but add conflicts to the already conflicting life;But it is what there is and there is no other to continue walking and learning from each other and with each other, and enjoy what does us good.

I wish you many spirits and that everything improves :-)

Lately I have read several threads with dad questions and more than children with diabetes.I have found these around here, but there are sure more:
Link
Link
Link

In this I have not participated for a long time, but it seems that it has a lot of info, maybe it uses you something ...
Link

imara's profile photo
imara
02/01/2017 7:59 p.m.

Thank you very much for all the information, I will read them carefully, surely they help me.

Carmen Gomez Dalmau
02/01/2017 8:42 p.m.

You have absolutely no guilt, only genetic factors and some trigger such as viruses influence

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/02/2017 12:32 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Not that you are going to blame for God, it is as if you blame for losing in a game of chance, look forward and for all.cheer up!!

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
02/02/2017 9:13 a.m.

@"Carmen Gomez Dalmau".An autoimmune disorder occurs when the immune system attacks and destroys healthy body tissue by error.There are more than 80 different types of self -symmunity disorders, the most common are:
Addison's disease, celiacy, dermatomyositis, serious disease, hashimoto thyroiditis, multiple sclerosis, myasthenia, pernicious anemia, reactive arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, sjogren syndrome, systemic erythematosus, type I diabetes and etc.
We have already come genetically predisposed and we cannot do anything to avoid it.I understand your feelings because the media have spent years crushing with guidelines to avoid diabetes, but they never, they never specify that they are talking about diabetes 2. Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
02/02/2017 11:23 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Hello @"Carmen Gomez Dalmau", welcome to the forum !!Here you will find many answers to the countless doubts that are raised.
Your feeling of guilt is a phase through which the parents pass, do not worry that it will happen.I also spent it and over time and the help of this forum I realized that we have no fault.Now what you can do is what you were doing so far, take care of your child and help him while needing it ...
A great greeting and a hug: -H

Enma's profile photo
Enma
02/02/2017 1:34 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Thank you very much for your words and we do not know how they encourage me ..... is that it is not only what I feel but what my mother tells me ... is that you gave him too much chocolate or candies ...When I was quite strict on that subject but hey, it is what you say and I tell her, that nothing has to do with all this, I also do not think it is a question of looking for guilty, but to look that the childcan make life as normal as possible, a question, when your children or you were incorporated again if you were children to school ... mine is desperate

Carmen Gomez Dalmau
02/02/2017 3:08 p.m.

I encourage @"Carmen Gomez Dalmau"!Well, my daughter did not return to the nursery until about 3 weeks after the debut but Tb Pillo Christmas in the middle and when I put it in January I had to be a week to explain how everything went to the teachers.And it is not your fault or anyone or anyone.It is not sugar or choco or candies that you could have given him.

T1d's profile photo
T1d
02/02/2017 3:48 p.m.

Thank you very much @t1d, I'm lucky that I live in front of school ... If something happens I fly

Carmen Gomez Dalmau
02/02/2017 6:41 p.m.

Welcome to the forum @"Carmen Gomez Dalmau" I add to what the companions have already told you, courage and do not feel guilty, surely you have done the best for your child and you will continue to do it, here you have us for whatWe can help you, so many spirits !!!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
02/02/2017 7:15 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Encourage @"Carmen Gomez Dalmau" !!I debut with 5 years and now I have 34 and I have a completely normal life.I have traveled what I have wanted and I have left what I have wanted as any person who is not diabetic.Taking care of how you can do everything.In the end when you take the truquillo, you will see how your child will be like any other !!

Estereta's profile photo
Estereta
02/02/2017 7:25 p.m.

Thank you so much!I am very encouraged all your words, now for me it is an unknown world but I am sure that with the help of the forum and the experience with my son, in the end we will dominate it

Carmen Gomez Dalmau
02/02/2017 7:30 p.m.

Type1 diabetes has nothing to do with what has been eaten before having it. Absolutely nothing.
The media do not distinguish between 1 and 2, and that harms us a lot.
although also in the 2 the genetic factor the main guilty. And that touches, like a lottery.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/02/2017 8:47 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Really, don't feel guilty.It is hard to be a son of a son with diabetes ... but it surpasses, you will need a little time and perhaps a little help, but you are not guilty of anything, that is totally clear ... and also that we have to be brave.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
02/02/2017 9:12 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

@"Carmen Gomez Dalmau" The first welcome, you'll see how you will find a lot of support and above all a lot of information.The second to tell you, as all the colleagues have already told you, that you have no guilt for nothing.I also debut with 9 years and in my case my mother always gave us a very healthy diet, no industrial pastries, no sweets ... so it has nothing to do with some time that you have given your child sweetIt is normal!The DMT1 appears and does not have to have an apparent reason and as some partners have also told you, you can lead a virtually normal life.I am currently 35 years old and diabetes has never limited me anything.You'll see how everything is going well!Greetings and courage :)

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/02/2017 9:19 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@"Carmen Gomez Dalmau" As you have already told you, you are not the culprit, and do not take it into account if one day of these we have of hypoglycemia you jump the child that is your fault.I told my parents but I did not think about it and I still remember, it is one thing of those that you are recorded.
The answer was because when you are or I am with the low glucose you put yourself in bad "humor" or of bad milk, but not always and does not happen to everyone, the bad that if it happens to us you pay what you suffer for us, that although although althoughbe silent but you do and we don't know how to thank you

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
02/02/2017 11:36 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

Diabetes is an autoimmune problem, your child's body has destroyed its insulin producing cells.This is not due to anything you have done or that the child has eaten.Peaceful

Dunah's profile photo
Dunah
02/03/2017 10:23 p.m.

regina said:
Type1 diabetes has nothing to do with what has eaten before having it. ABSOLUTE ANYTHING.
The media do not distinguish between 1 and 2, and that harms us a lot.
although also in the 2 the genetic factor the main guilty. And that touches, like a lottery.

@Regina It is sad that the media does not distinguish between type 1 diabetes and type 2. But it is even worse than a doctor tells you that you are type 1 diabetic and ask if you punish insulin ... Anyway ...

@"Carmen Gomez Dalmau" Welcome !!As colleagues tell you, type 1 diabetes has nothing to do with having an unhealthy diet.It is an autoimmune disease.It is believed that a genetic predisposition is inherited (some mutations in several genes - not only one) together with environmental conditions (some virus that made the autoimmune system crazy) that make the autoimmune system attack the insulin producing cells of the pancreas.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
02/04/2017 10:36 a.m.

Thank you very much to everyone, the truth is that it is pleased to be able to share with everyone as I feel, because you understand me perfectly, there is a lot of ignorance with the subject, the truth ... yesterday a mother of a friend of mine when telling herWhat had happened tells me ... that is that he ate too many polvorones ... Well no, I already told her how she went but for me she was still in her thirteen ...

Carmen Gomez Dalmau
02/04/2017 3:01 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.