{'en': 'Hello, my 9 -year -old son has diabetes and I feel guilty.', 'es': 'Hola, mi hijo de 9 años tiene diabetes y me siento culpable.'} Image

Hello, my 9 -year -old son has diabetes and I feel guilty.

Carmen Gomez Dalmau's profile photo   02/01/2017 7:05 p.m.

@"Carmen Gomez Dalmau" Do not worry about what others think because we are not owners of their minds.Your help to your child, and if they ask you then you say what there is, and more than one will look at you with suspicion, but we cannot do anything ...
My son joined the school in the same week that he was discharged, this was recommended by the endocrine.We were lucky that he had been aware of what diabetes is and helped him in his doubts and insecurities.He stayed for two days to dining room (and still stays) and with a certain surveillance he took it well, I have to tell you that he was in "honeymoon" and we punished him slowly.
Ask any questions that you have to help you together ....
Greetings and a hug

Enma's profile photo
Enma
02/06/2017 1:35 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Thank you, today we have returned to the nurse because it drops above all after dinner and has told us that it still cannot return to school ... it is also on a honeymoon, now it is putting 2-2-1-2 and 6 and 6from Lantus at 21
He told me to talk to the endocrine to see if he will under the dose and I am waiting for him to call me, a question, there is some post related to food, marks or others that you have better values ​​so that they can eat for example cookies, thank you

Carmen Gomez Dalmau's profile photo
Carmen Gomez Dalmau
02/06/2017 1:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You can eat cookies and little you will learn that many other things.But you have to calculate the fast dose, with glucometer and experience.Escore values ​​and meals, to learn.
Rations tables also help.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/06/2017 9:36 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

And you will also have to learn to handle insulin, to be you who changes the dose when you need it. What are the endocrine guidelines.
If you go down after dinner, you will have to make it less fast.With those small doses, you will have to adjust with half units.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/06/2017 9:43 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Thank you, in the end it has called me and has lowered the guideline to 1-1-1 and the Lantus to 5, to see if we are going better ...
I sign up everything you are eating to see how your body reacts and the truth is that at the moment I follow the table of rations to the letter and weighing everything, I suppose that over time I will relax a bit ...

Carmen Gomez Dalmau
02/06/2017 9:44 p.m.

That is more afraid of the moment ... I'm afraid of making mistakes and something happens

Carmen Gomez Dalmau
02/06/2017 9:46 p.m.

Little by little...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/06/2017 9:53 p.m.

I ate things with a high glycemic index, orange juices, roasted, cookies, muffins with very little insulin and had very good glycemia even, even throwing casualties;Obviously that already happened to history.In my opinion, giving him a couple of cookies at the moment will not affect his glycemia too much, in moderation and without spending now is when he will be able to eat the most without affecting him a lot.

Cheer up !!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/06/2017 10:01 p.m.

If I only lowered him after dinner I don't understand very well why he has also lowered the rapid of food and breakfast ... but good first pay the endocrine that is better to sin by default than by excess.You will already adjust and learn to modify according to values

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/06/2017 11:36 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Well it also came just in the morning and some days in the middle of the morning it also lowered him although not as frequently as at night and some days after eating ...

Carmen Gomez Dalmau
02/06/2017 11:38 p.m.

@"Carmen Gomez Dalmau" I am also on a honeymoon for two years and they gave me the same guideline as your child.My body behaved the first month.Rastic rises and descents.
They took away the meals, I only put 1 units if the glucometer marked above 140mg/dl before each meal;So I was the first 6 months.The basal or Lantus put it at night depending on the value that the glucometer gave me when I got up.Normally 6 ud if you woke up 3 days in a row was between 100-140, if it was below 100, it told me to lower the next 3 days and were checking to lower units or upload.Above 140, I had to put 2 you more the following days.
I did well, I had a glycosylated 5.8 to 6.4

Children do not stop still and consume a lot of energy, it is worse to be below 80 than to see a 200 and ...

Over time you learn to self -manage the disease and in this forum I have learned a lot.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/08/2017 9:18 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much for telling your experience yesterday made a couple of descent even putting 1-1-1 and the 5 of Lantus at night, today I have to speak with Dr. to see what he tells me, and yesYou are right ... The children do not stop still and mine even less ... is super moved, they even looked at him a couple of years ago if he was hyperactive but it came out that no.
I am sure that over time we will manage it better, now it is all very difficult.

Carmen Gomez Dalmau
02/08/2017 2:17 p.m.

@"Carmen Gomez Dalmau" Do not put any fast unit on meals, except for breakfast that is when we have insulin resistance.Try to see how.If you rise above 180 when you have eaten, you can put at that time 1 UD or 0.5 units that for children if there is what we call "correct."
Try to lower the slowly for 4 units for 3 days and lift it when you get up to see what value it has.If you spend the 140 when you get 3 days, return to 5 units or 6.

There is not much science behind, the endocrine are trying as we tell them.Mine told me that it will take away the slow morning because they also give me hypos like your child and that if my values ​​were above 140 between hours, once the effects of the rapid (hard about 2.5-3hours) I put the slow one again.
Total that I can do that after menstruation, one week, then the hormones play it and I get slow in the morning.

We have to learn to look at our body to know what suits us at every moment.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/10/2017 2:45 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much Ruthbia, the truth is that it helps me what you are telling me, I have understood very well, yesterday it went down three times even to download as I told you, because yesterday it was quite moved, that is, I think that the option thatYou tell me you can do well, I'm going to tell the endocrine because I have to talk to her, I keep informing you.

Carmen Gomez Dalmau
02/10/2017 3:27 p.m.

ruthbia said:
@"Carmen Gomez Dalmau" do not put any fast unit in meals, except for breakfast that is when we have insulin resistance the most.Try to see how.If you rise above 180 when you have eaten, you can put at that time 1 UD or 0.5 units that for children if there is what we call "correct."
Try to lower the slowly for 4 units for 3 days and lift it when you get up to see what value it has.If you spend the 140 when you get 3 days, return to 5 units or 6.

There is not much science behind, the endocrine are trying as we tell them.Mine told me that it will take away the slow morning because they also give me hypos like your child and that if my values ​​were above 140 between hours, once the effects of the rapid (hard about 2.5-3hours) I put the slow one again.
Total that I can do that after menstruation, one week, then the hormones play it and I get slow in the morning.

We have to learn to look at our body to know what suits us at every moment.

Hello, I wanted to inform that we are now only with Lantus, it was 5 and last week we went down to 4 because it had a couple of descent at night, I do not know how long this honeymoon will last but that it lasts as maximum as possible....
Another thing is that the poor fingers have ... I suppose there is nothing I can do to avoid it not ..

Carmen Gomez Dalmau
03/26/2017 11:08 p.m.

Much encouragement, it is not your fault, as parents always do everything you can and more.It is also something you could not have avoided, a type I diabetes cannot be prevented.I hope everything goes well.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
03/27/2017 9:39 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Thank you very much Nila, now I am in an acceptance period, little by little and with time we get used to the new life.

Carmen Gomez Dalmau
03/27/2017 3:23 p.m.

@"Carmen Gomez Dalmau", the fingers ... If you have the possibility of buying a continuous glucose meter (Dexcom (continuous measurement) or free freestyle (flash system) you could avoid many punctures

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/27/2017 9:46 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Carmen Gomez Dalmau said:
Thank you very much Nila, now I am in the acceptance period, little by little and with time we get used to the new life.

This thread had escaped.Feel your guilty?You have nothing to do with nothing.
If there is something that I have learned in these more than 30 years that I have diabetes, since 13.5, it has been that this has touched us unintentionally, why?Well, you will hear thousands of answers but what is clear is that we have it and we have to fight 24 h of the day 365 days a year.The fundamental potatoes to help the champions, blame?About what?Not at all.
You have to encourage him to look for his challenges, his goals, his illusions, his desire to fight, you will have a bad time for what he wants to do but you always have to help him.
And as the partner says if you can acquire a continuous meter of Glucosa type dexcom G4 will give you a lot of peace of mind.
A big hug and never stop fighting

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/28/2017 5:25 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

My husband and the same thing happened to me, we did not stop repeating that we have bad ???My daughter debuted at age 10 and it happened a little as we went to collect some analysis and from there they sent us to emergency with 355 of sugar they entered her and we were 20 days, that my daughter now has 25 now has 25 andIt makes a normal life, it is controlled and that feeling of guilt ends x passing, calm.

leo_1966's profile photo
leo_1966
04/02/2017 10:48 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.